Without Pis . . .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
who is the most powerful/toughest dude wolverine could take down?

and i would invite you to fill in your own question, continuing on the theme. ie -- WITHOUT PIS . . . ?

Mr. Slippyfist
Out. no expression

Master-Borg
Hercules

leonidas
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Out. no expression

coward! mad

Endrict Nuul
WWH

janus77
Desperate Dan. it'd be a close fight though.

jinzin
Without PIS Wolverine could take down ..... he could take..... down......

Dammit! PIS is so subjective Leo and you know it! They way I see it, if Wolverine were continued to be written as he has been but was limited to an HF (among other things) that a large percentage of the forum thinks he SHOULD have, then he could probably take people no higher than Rogue in strength, no better than Punisher in street level versatility, and no faster than Winter Soldier or classic BP in speed.

But, I think that part of the PIS that surrounds Logan's character is his getting shot. He's as skilled as Cap and even more superhuman, he should be able to bob and weave through bullets like they were slow cottonballs being tossed at him. So without PIS showing off his healing factors capabilities he'd be running around like Cap with claws.

Meh....

Okay, Without PIS how long would it take Hulk to be strong enough to lift 1million tons?

janus77
Originally posted by jinzin
Without PIS Wolverine could take down ..... he could take..... down......

Dammit! PIS is so subjective Leo and you know it! They way I see it, if Wolverine were continued to be written as he has been but was limited to an HF (among other things) that a large percentage of the forum thinks he SHOULD have, then he could probably take people no higher than Rogue in strength, no better than Punisher in street level versatility, and no faster than Winter Soldier or classic BP in speed.

But, I think that part of the PIS that surrounds Logan's character is his getting shot. He's as skilled as Cap and even more superhuman, he should be able to bob and weave through bullets like they were slow cottonballs being tossed at him. So without PIS showing off his healing factors capabilities he'd be running around like Cap with claws.

Meh....

Okay, Without PIS how long would it take Hulk to be strong enough to lift 1million tons?
the time it takes for 1 Million tons to free fall onto him or for something to violently eject 1 Million tons at him.

without PIS how long would current Surfer last against Thanos?

psycho gundam
in there first meeting, surfer was warned of thanos's villainy and attacked him with a powerful cosmic blast, thanos says "are you through?" then he goes back to talking about himself as surfer realized how much thanos owns.

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/2165/50254299gb2.th.jpg
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/8116/22281971bs9.th.jpg

sorry to go off topic, but somebody wanted to know about thanos as he was originally against surfer

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by janus77
without PIS how long would current Surfer last against Thanos? Thanos basically one-shotted Surfer in his first meeting... and took his best shot to no effect in a later meeting...
Then basically killed him in a later fight.

srug

janus77
I know Surfer's embarrassing record against Thanos, in the past, but Surfer has been substantially upgraded, both by his own actions (the blackbodies and other powers he took from UniLord) and by Galactus' actions (the stripping away of many mental blocks and the boosting of Surfer's powers).

Surfer now does credibly against characters who would defeat Skyfathers (Tenebreous and Aegis) whilst Thanos' last major showing was a credible points loss against Odin.

also, there's the matter of the, albeit somewhat dubious, Annihilation arc feat of a very weak Surfer matching Thanos' power signature in order to free Galactus from the contraption Thanos imprisoned him in.

also, PIS played an extremely large role in almost all Surfer's encounters with Thanos, never once did Surfer fight smartly use speed and versatility properly or anything imaginative at all, just blasting and getting the shit socked out of him.

Terryc250
Surfer got one shotted by Odin.. Thanos stood a chance.

leonidas
Originally posted by janus77
I know Surfer's embarrassing record against Thanos, in the past, but Surfer has been substantially upgraded, both by his own actions (the blackbodies and other powers he took from UniLord) and by Galactus' actions (the stripping away of many mental blocks and the boosting of Surfer's powers).

Surfer now does credibly against characters who would defeat Skyfathers (Tenebreous and Aegis) whilst Thanos' last major showing was a credible points loss against Odin.

also, there's the matter of the, albeit somewhat dubious, Annihilation arc feat of a very weak Surfer matching Thanos' power signature in order to free Galactus from the contraption Thanos imprisoned him in.

also, PIS played an extremely large role in almost all Surfer's encounters with Thanos, never once did Surfer fight smartly use speed and versatility properly or anything imaginative at all, just blasting and getting the shit socked out of him.

though i disagree with some of your post, i DO agree with the overall sentiment -- i think ss without pis should do much better than he has done. he almost never uses his speed against thanos, which is a big factor to consider. thanos's insane durability would still likely be too much, but ss should make it a tough battle for him i'd think.

batdude123
Back to the original topic...

Thing, imo.

leonidas
ben is a good choice, imo. and i DID invite other questions mr fun-police . . .

Bouboumaster
Thanos would still beat Surfer 10/10.
And for the original topic: Hercules.

MightyEInherjar
Without PIS, who's the slowest person that could beat the Flash? (Wally West)

Premutos
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
Without PIS, who's the slowest person that could beat the Flash? (Wally West)

Perhaps Lobo (as portrayed in most of his appearances)

As for the original topic, Captain America, Daredevil or Black Panther.

CaptainStoic
Without PIS I see him being able to keep up to someone on Rhino's strength level, while at the same time being as agile as Night Crawler. Strictly because of his damage/pain threshold.

Mindset
Wolverine without PIS wouldn't be Wolverine.

This is a trick question

Premutos
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Without PIS I see him being able to keep up to someone on Rhino's strength level, while at the same time being as agile as Night Crawler. Strictly because of his damage/pain threshold.

Poor Rhino, everything happens to him sad

Ok I'll bite. Let's say someone in the 80-90 tons strength level punches Logan into orbit (like Rhino did to Nova once). In a PIS-less environment Logan will be able to survive that/come back to Earth because of...WHAT?

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Premutos
Poor Rhino, everything happens to him sad

Ok I'll bite. Let's say someone in the 80-90 tons strength level punches Logan into orbit (like Rhino did to Nova once). In a PIS-less environment Logan will be able to survive that/come back to Earth because of...WHAT?

Logan took a beatdown from an insane Sasquatch and was able to get up from it. Wolverine can take a hell of a beating thats all, but what makes him a real threat are those claws, and his ability to use them well.

Premutos
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Logan took a beatdown from an insane Sasquatch and was able to get up from it. Wolverine can take a hell of a beating thats all, but what makes him a real threat are those claws, and his ability to use them well.

Cool, but please answer my questions: How would Wolverine survive being punched into orbit? How could he make it back to Earth?

Mr. Slippyfist
Jahf punched him into orbit before...

Premutos
And what happened afterwards? I'm curious.

Mr. Slippyfist
Where is Wolverine right now? ermm

Premutos
Where is Wolverine right now? ermm

Oh so I must assume that something NOT INVOLVING PIS happened? big grin

Mr. Slippyfist
Oh so I must assume that something NOT INVOLVING PIS happened? big grin You asked how he would... and he has.

That is all.

Premutos
You asked how he would... and he has.

That is all.

Ok but it's completely irrelevant to this thread stick out tongue

The thread starter said W/O PIS.

Battlehammer
And what happened afterwards? I'm curious.

some one flew over and got him.................

Battlehammer
As for the original topic, Captain America, Daredevil or Black Panther.

theses 3 guys are not the toughest guys logan should beable to take. Hell it be more pis if he was defeat by any of theses 3.

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Battlehammer
theses 3 guys are not the toughest guys logan should beable to take. Hell it be more pis if he was defeat by any of theses 3. he could take them...but it would hardly be PIS if he lost to any of them

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Master-Borg
he could take them...but it would hardly be PIS if he lost to any of them

Not really could it a would. They are not the most powerful guy he could take. There are people good deal more powerful then capt, DD and BP that Logan could and would take.

Master-Borg
Not really could it a would. They are not the most powerful guy he could take. There are people good deal more powerful then capt, DD and BP that Logan could and would take. yes I agree....my response for the most powerful guy Logan could take would be the Hulk

Mr. Slippyfist
yes I agree....my response for the most powerful guy Logan could take would be the Hulk What the f**k?

Battlehammer
What the f**k?
he might mean grey hulk.

Master-Borg
What the f**k?

this is the most powerful character Wolverine could POSSIBLY beat

I think that it is POSSIBLE for Logan to beat Hulk (pre-World War strokin)

Master-Borg
he might mean grey hulk. nope, I meant regular hulk...but pre WWH

Mr. Slippyfist
this is the most powerful character Wolverine could POSSIBLY beat

I think that it is POSSIBLE for Logan to beat Hulk (pre-World War strokin) Like all the other times Wolverine beat Savage Hulk?

Mindset
Wolverine one shots Hulk

Master-Borg
Like all the other times Wolverine beat Savage Hulk? well he stalemated him many times...

thing is Logan is far more skilled than the hulk and is prob faster and more agile

Logan's incredible HF also allows him to survive some hits from the Hulk

and finally, his claws could do major damage to the hulk if he manages to land them to the head or brain (for obvious reasons this doesnt happen in comics)

all those factors lead me to believe it is possible for Logan to beat Hulk...very slim, but possibility exists

Mr. Slippyfist
well he stalemated him many times...

thing is Logan is far more skilled than the hulk and is prob faster and more agile

and finally, his claws could do major damage to the hulk if he manages to land them to the head or brain (for obvious reasons this doesnt happen in comics)

all those factors lead me to believe it is possible for Logan to beat Hulk...very slim, but possibility exists And Hulk has won a couple times as well. no expression
How many has Wolverine won?

And Hulk is far more durable, and far stronger, and doesn't exactly have a hectic time hitting Wolverine.

Hulk's incredible HF allows him to survive lots of hits from Wolverine. no expression

And Hulk heals... fast. no expression

Ya, and ignoring Hulk's powers/feats... you would be absolutely correct.

---

Jesus... you think it wouldn't be pis for Cap to beat Wolverine... but you think Wolverine without pis could beat Hulk?

I really don't get why you have to be so wrong all the time...

Is that one of your super powers?

Master-Borg

---

Jesus... you think it wouldn't be pis for Cap to beat Wolverine... but you think Wolverine without pis could beat Hulk?

Oh, I completely agree with you that Hulk would beat the snot outta Logan the overwhelming majority of the time...but the thread merely asked who is the most powerful Logan COULD beat

and I think Logan could beat Hulk maybe 1 out of 50 fights

whereas he has NO chance of beating guys like Superman. Logan's powerset gives him the possibility of beating the Hulk.

Master-Borg

I really don't get why you have to be so wrong all the time...

Is that one of your super powers?

laughing out loud good one

Mindset
Logan could beat Hulk if Hulk doesn't fight back.

Battlehammer
And Hulk has won a couple times as well. no expression
How many has Wolverine won?

There records are tied against one another I believe.

spetznaz
well he stalemated him many times...

all those factors lead me to believe it is possible for Logan to beat Hulk...very slim, but possibility exists

This is why Logan is a character that I tend to loathe (even though, prior to joining KMC, he used to be one of the top 3 favorite characters). The way people post when it comes to Logan is plain ludicrous.

For instance, take the above. You are saying that if Wolverine plunged his claws into the Hulk's head/brain it would do 'major damage' That is interesting, because in my opinion the Hulk has a far BETTER healing factor than Wolverine has.

Hence it is quite interesting the effect Wolverine has on the Hulk (according to some posters). Pray do tell, if X-23 was to plunge her claws into Wolverine (say one claw through each eye), would that kill Wolvie? And if X-23 would not cause major damage to Wolverine in such a way, why would Wolverine cause major damage to the Hulk in the same manner?

Especially when we have seen the Hulk basically regenerate, in a few moments, from a skeletal base?

Unless Wolverine has some special ability that causes other characters to forfeit their given traits and characteristics, I simply do not see how Wolverine can put down the Hulk (in any way or means) using claws.

And outside PIS, I simply do not see how Logan (as great a fighter as he is) would do anything to the Hulk apart from rend some rips and tears, which almost instantly heal.

Please prove me wrong. (And I honestly mean that .....I'd like to see how Logan can put down the Hulk ....NON PIS).

Maybe Battlehammer can assist.

Priest
Without PIS I can see Wolverine chop off Glalactus' Dome.

complexbrother
Daredevil

Master-Borg
Originally posted by spetznaz
This is why Logan is a character that I tend to loathe (even though, prior to joining KMC, he used to be one of the top 3 favorite characters). The way people post when it comes to Logan is plain ludicrous.

For instance, take the above. You are saying that if Wolverine plunged his claws into the Hulk's head/brain it would do 'major damage' That is interesting, because in my opinion the Hulk has a far BETTER healing factor than Wolverine has.

Hence it is quite interesting the effect Wolverine has on the Hulk (according to some posters). Pray do tell, if X-23 was to plunge her claws into Wolverine (say one claw through each eye), would that kill Wolvie? And if X-23 would not cause major damage to Wolverine in such a way, why would Wolverine cause major damage to the Hulk in the same manner?

Especially when we have seen the Hulk basically regenerate, in a few moments, from a skeletal base?

Unless Wolverine has some special ability that causes other characters to forfeit their given traits and characteristics, I simply do not see how Wolverine can put down the Hulk (in any way or means) using claws.

And outside PIS, I simply do not see how Logan (as great a fighter as he is) would do anything to the Hulk apart from rend some rips and tears, which almost instantly heal.

Please prove me wrong. (And I honestly mean that .....I'd like to see how Logan can put down the Hulk ....NON PIS).

1. What would happen if X-23 plunged her claws into logan's eyesockets.

Answer: Logan would go blind and lose his sight. Nothing more, since his skull is adamantium, the claws would not go further than his eyesockets.

2. What would happen if Logan plunged his claws into Hulk's eyesockets?

Answer: His claws would go through Hulk's eyes and into Hulk's brain...KOing him.

Kento

Answer: His claws would go through Hulk's eyes and into Hulk's brain...KOing him. Banner has been sniped in the head only to turn into Hulk and be perfectly fine.

Without PIS who would have killed Batman first?

leonidas

thumb up

agreed. i was wondering if someone was going to say the hulk . . .

i can MAYBE buy logan beating the abomination--MAYBE-- (though his healing factor is pretty high as well), but not hulk. no

i guess i still like ben as a more realistic max. not too fast, not too skilled, not the healing factor that would let him deal with the claws . . .

leonidas
Originally posted by Kento

too many to choose from . . .

but without PIS would the joker ever have made it into the realm of 'really cool villain'??

psycho gundam
bane's knee would be soaked in spinal fluid and batman's small intestine.

Battlehammer

Master-Borg
I'm pretty sure that if Logan stuck his claws through Hulk's brain...it'd be good for a KO.

Master-Borg

Wolverine had his brain cut into three pieces while being infected with nanites and survived. He would not be killed by such an attack if we are referring to pre down graded wolverine.

how did Wolverine get his brain cut? considering his adamantium skull and all.

The Illuminati
Howard The Duck FTR.

Galan007
how did Wolverine get his brain cut? considering his adamantium skull and all. I haven't read the comic, but if I'm picturing these nanites correctly, they would be microscopic in size -- able to travel through the bloodstream. This would give the nanites a direct pathway to the brain. smile

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Galan007
I haven't read the comic, but if I'm picturing these nanites correctly, they would be microscopic in size -- able to travel through the bloodstream. This would give the nanites a direct pathway to the brain. smile

yeah...I guess his statement was kinda ambiguous. that makes sense though that nanites would get through his skull.

Dark-Jaxx
I can see him pulling a majority on the Living Tribunal.

psycho gundam
without PIS, logan dies of blood loss weeks after the adamantium fusion

Mindset
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
I can see him pulling a majority on the Living Tribunal.

Yea 7/10

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Mindset
Yea 7/10 I think it is closer to 7.5/10.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by psycho gundam
without PIS, logan dies of blood loss weeks after the adamantium fusion
...................his body creates blood cells.............

Soljer

Logan has also healed from a skeleton on roughly 3 occasions something I not even sure Hulk as accomplished.

In the recent "Logan" mini, he was nuked again.

Just for reference.

I'm pretty sure Wolverine's survived as a skeleton more than three times.

There was Nitro, a couple different nukes, the time he was submerged in molten steel, and likely a few I'm forgetting.

Dark-Jaxx
Wolverine CAN beat Hulk, if he stabbed him in the forehead with both hands.

psycho gundam
leukocytes and erythrocytes are created in your femurs, encased in steel that is impossible.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Soljer
In the recent "Logan" mini, he was nuked again.

Just for reference.

I'm pretty sure Wolverine's survived as a skeleton more than three times.

There was Nitro, a couple different nukes, the time he was submerged in molten steel, and likely a few I'm forgetting.

yea I was ignoreing the ones I thought were pis.

I have been really enjoying the mini how about your self?

Battlehammer
leukocytes and erythrocytes are created in your femurs, encased in steel that is impossible.

your not real big reader of wolverine are you? when the adamatium was bonded to his bones it trasformed into adamatium beta which allows for the natural bone process not to be effected by the presenses of adamatium.

Zeitgeist
leukocytes and erythrocytes are created in your femurs, encased in steel that is impossible. The femurs aren't encased in adamantium, they are bonded to the metal.

He literally has metal bones that can still function normally.

psycho gundam
without PIS

Premutos
Originally posted by Kento

Some random thug.

So Wolverine can pwn Hulk now? W/O PIS? laughing

Battlehammer
without PIS
It not pis though. It part of his character and a stated fact on a number of occassions. Nothing about it is PIS. you may wish to review what PIS means.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Zeitgeist
The femurs aren't encased in adamantium, they are bonded to the metal.

He literally has metal bones that can still function normally. so how did magneto remove it then? fission?

Battlehammer
Some random thug.

So Wolverine can pwn Hulk now? W/O PIS? laughing
no one said that.

Battlehammer
so how did magneto remove it then? fission?
he took it apart as a molecular level which is why Logan was in such awful shape.

Dark-Jaxx
Hulk will win much more times than not, but it is possible for Wolverine to get a win.

Premutos
Hulk will win much more times than not, but it is possible for Wolverine to get a win.

Well if he caught Hulk asleep...

Scratch 'asleep', what I really meant is 'comatose'.

Dark-Jaxx
Well if he caught Hulk asleep...

Scratch 'asleep', what I really meant is 'comatose'. Hulk is slower, and arguably has a lesser HF. Wolverine can pierce his skin. What do you think would happen if Hulk had six adamantium claws in his brain?

Master-Borg
Hulk is slower, and arguably has a lesser HF. Wolverine can pierce his skin. What do you think would happen if Hulk had six adamantium claws in his brain? Hulk has a better HF than Wolverine.

But yeah, if Logan manages a clean shot into Hulk's brain, Hulk'll be KOed

psycho gundam
everyone knows he can pierce his skin, but I'm not to sure he can cut through his bones.

Dark-Jaxx
Didn't Wolverine regen from a skeleton after being nuked?

Master-Borg
everyone knows he can pierce his skin, but I'm not to sure he can cut through his bones. of course he can, Logan's claws cut through steel like buttah, he can def cut through hulk's skull

Master-Borg
Didn't Wolverine regen from a skeleton after being nuked? yes he did

Dark-Jaxx
everyone knows he can pierce his skin, but I'm not to sure he can cut through his bones. Hulk's bones are not harder than adamantum.

psycho gundam
of course he can, Logan's claws cut through steel like buttah, he can def cut through hulk's skull hulk's skin is one of the most durable tissues in comics, his bones must be 20 times that, he held a mountain for god's sakes

Master-Borg
hulk's skin is one of the most durable tissues in comics, his bones must be 20 times that, he held a mountain for god's sakes

hulk's skin isn't even bulletproof, is it? confused

Premutos
Hulk is slower, and arguably has a lesser HF. Wolverine can pierce his skin. What do you think would happen if Hulk had six adamantium claws in his brain?

This is shit-for-brains Hulk, right? Otherwise Wolverine wouldn't even come close to him, as he only needs to stomp on the floor for the expansive wave to send Logan flying to the next postal code area.

Master-Borg
This is shit-for-brains Hulk, right? Otherwise Wolverine wouldn't even come close to him, as he only needs to stomp on the floor for the expansive wave to send Logan flying to the next postal code area. logan could jump as hulk stomps to avoid the effects of the tremor

Premutos
logan could jump as hulk stomps to avoid the effects of the tremor

Maybe. And maybe Hulk could nail him in mid-air with a punch, in case Logan leaps forward.

psycho gundam
hulk's skin isn't even bulletproof, is it? confused in the 60's-70's it was at least resistant to howitzer shells so.....

Master-Borg
in the 60's-70's it was at least resistant to howitzer shells so..... ok, but I still think logan's claws can cut through Hulk's bones

psycho gundam
I sure as hell don't

psycho gundam
without PIS

wolverine strafes a punch from the hulk then takes a swipe at his extended arm. the claws make their way through the muscle and tendons only to be stopped dead in their tracks by the hulk's radius bone.

the hulk's other arm quickly comes around and grabs logan by the torso and throws him 100 meters onto a busy highway.

wolverine still in shock gets repeatedly run over and struck by on coming traffic for 2 long minutes, the hulk by this time has left the scene, his arm healed completely before logan hit the ground

Mindset
hulk's skin isn't even bulletproof, is it? confused

Why do you think in WWH they had to use adamantium rounds?

batdude123
Why do you think in WWH they had to use adamantium rounds?

Because his skin isn't bulletproof... duh! dur

Mindset
logan could jump as hulk stomps to avoid the effects of the tremor

Either Wolverine can jump REALLY high, or the tremor only lasts a second.

Battlehammer
atcaully Logan can jump very high

spetznaz

Master-Borg

Anyways, my main point was that an attack that could not kill Wolverine should not kill the Hulk.

Wolverine's brain really cannot be attacked because his adamantium skull is impenetrable.

But if someone were able to injure Logan's brain, he'd be KOd.

For example, sabretooth has HF similar to Logan's and when he got stabbed in the brain he was KOed.

Now, Im not saying Logan would kill hulk, but he would score a KO if he drives his claws through Hulks brain.

psycho gundam
the flesh eating bugs that genesis had without PIS would devour his brain just like they did to cyber.

batdude123
While I respect Wolverine as an X-man, a hero, an anti-hero, a renegade, a Samurai, a feral beast, and all the other iterations he has gone through, I still have problems with him being put against certain characters. However the distance between over-estimated and under-estimated is a thin one, so I will leave that one alone (for instance I was gone for a couple months, and coming back people were making the Martian Manhunter seem like some green-skinned weakling when in actuality he is one character you would not want coming after you).

Which was my point.

In old threads people would say that Superman could easily put down the Hulk through a HV lobotomy .....just fire two bolts of HV hotter than solar plasma into the cranial cavity of the Hulk, burning off his entire brain (and more importantly his amigdala, turning off his anger function instantly) and either killing the dude or instantly switching him off. What did people say to such comments? That the Hulk has a premier healing factor (which he does), and that he would instantly heal from that. Obviously there was the scan of his regenerating from a skeletal base to lend credence to that.

Then Master-borg comes by and tells me that Wolverine can KO the Hulk by driving 6 Adamantium spikes into his brain!

Which is interesting .....and pure BS.

Wolvie at his prime had a major healing factor, although my point to MB was basically that the Hulk's healing factor is one of the best around. In terms of healing factors, they do not come much better than the Hulk's unless you subscribe to Celestial Quarterly.

masterbruce or Master Borg?

Wolverine had his brain cut into three pieces while being infected with nanites and survived. He would not be killed by such an attack if we are referring to pre down graded wolverine.

Agreed. Totally.

Same applies to the Hulk.

Anyways, my main point was that an attack that could not kill Wolverine should not kill the Hulk.

Forget your job, you need to post on KMC more often. peaches

Mindset
atcaully Logan can jump very high

Yea, I know this, but do you realize how high he'd have to be able to jump in order to not be affected by the tremor?

Battlehammer
Yea, I know this, but do you realize how high he'd have to be able to jump in order to not be affected by the tremor?
lol I know I was just saying he can jump high. He has some rediculous jumping feats against sentinals other massive robots.

dat_boi
Originally posted by batdude123
Forget your job, you need to post on KMC more often. peaches i give that my most badass statement of the day award thumb up thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.