Thor vs Dr. Doom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OnslaughtKILLS
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1323/doomvsthortq7.jpg

Contestants: Dr. Doom vs Thor (before he received Odin force, classic)

Thor Respect Thread http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t451734.html (note, only before he received Odin force is valid for this match)

Dr. Doom Respect Thread
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=400722

-----------------

Both contestants have a day of preparation. This is before Thor has his Odin Force, and Dr. Doom has all his powers/technology (armor, sorcery, etc).

The location of the match is a deserted city.

janus77
Doom wins, spite! no expression.

llagrok
Hmm, tough call.

GahLakTus
Thor isn't going to do anything different with a day of prep - Doom on the other hand is capable of nearly anything with prep.

Doom 8/10

Shieldbou
Doom. Simply because Thor only has a couple decent methods of attacking. If Doom keeps his distance and uses his ranged attacks sparingly Thor is left guessing and needs move in, in which Doom can use his surprisingly decent H2H. A nice fight, but I'm sticking with Doom. Although, Thor could land a couple of nice hits, but nothing to beat down Doom or make him change tactics. Thor isn't a bad fighter, it's just that Doom has a whole load of tricks up his sl-....cloak.

OnslaughtKILLS
I'm surprised to see everyone going for Dr. Doom right now (though I am sure some will be fighting for Thor soon), but I have to agree.

I didn't post my opinion in first post because I don't like to see see a thread lean a certain way because of the original poster.

Though I think Dr. Doom would win. With a day of preparation, he wouldn't be able to do MUCH but he would have ample time to analyze Thor and come up with a plan. Thor doesn't have a weakness (except being separated by his hammer) so he can't come up with an invention of some sorts to deplete him on his energies.

Though I think with Dr. Doom's synthesis of magic, science, and intelligence will help him prevail, though it won't be easy. Thor has fought foes of incredible strength, varying of many different powers. Thor is actually very familiar with magic facing off against his brother on many many occasions. Thor has even faced off against Dr. Doom before (though not sure if he was alone ever, and if he was, it was a very long time ago and Doom has become more advanced).

llagrok

Mr. Slippyfist

batdude123

llagrok
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Doom was attacked after he came back from the past. He wasn't prepared for getting attacked. erm

How many 1-day prep feats does Doom have?

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by llagrok
How many 1-day prep feats does Doom have? He's got the '10 minutes' Galactus beating.

He's also got so much shit laying around he can take.

llagrok
He's got the '10 minutes' Galactus beating.

He's also got so much shit laying around he can take.

10 minutes Galactus beating?

Tell me more of this.

Mr. Slippyfist
10 minutes Galactus beating?

Tell me more of this. Secret Wars.

He came out of his depression coma, and made a plan.

llagrok
Secret Wars.

He came out of his depression coma, and made a plan.

And he magically stumbled upon Galactus' ship and sliced up Klaw to help him?

I don't really think that would work here. There's no source comparable to Galactus' ship, nor is Klaw there.

Priest
I'll give this to Doom imo.

Mr. Slippyfist
And he magically stumbled upon Galactus' ship and sliced up Klaw to help him?

I don't really think that would work here. There's no source comparable to Galactus' ship, nor is Klaw there. That wasn't the point, was it?
You asked how many 1-day prep feats Doom has, and I gave you one.

Also, Doom has tech that can ensnare Thor's hammer... tech that can one-shot Annihilus, and Dragon Man. Etc.

llagrok
That wasn't the point, was it?
You asked how many 1-day prep feats Doom has, and I gave you one.

Also, Doom has tech that can ensnare Thor's hammer... tech that can one-shot Annihilus, and Dragon Man. Etc.

Didn't Thor one-shot almost one-shot Annihilus? Or at least take the explosion that knocked out Annihilus?

I just don't think that being able to understand and use outside sources means that you're capable of instantly coming up with insane devices that let you instantly beat anyone far up in the Herald tier.

Mr. Slippyfist
Didn't Thor one-shot almost one-shot Annihilus? Or at least take the explosion that knocked out Annihilus?

I just don't think that being able to understand and use outside sources means that you're capable of instantly coming up with insane devices that let you instantly beat anyone far up in the Herald tier. You mean when Masterson blew up Annihilus's Cosmic Control Rod, with a lucky hammer throw?

Problem: Doom has already created these devices.

llagrok
You mean when Masterson blew up Annihilus's Cosmic Control Rod, with a lucky hammer throw?

Problem: Doom has already created these devices.

I know, just fanboying.

Doom doesn't need THAT much technology in order to reach the high herald tier anyways.

darthgoober
How many 1-day prep feats does Doom have?
I can't remember the issue number off the top of my head, but I seem to remember Doom tripling the power of his standard armor with something like 20 minutes worth of prep during the Acts of Vengence storyline.

Tetragrammaton
Originally posted by OnslaughtKILLS
I'm surprised to see everyone going for Dr. Doom right now (though I am sure some will be fighting for Thor soon), but I have to agree.
Don't be so shocked. Doom with prep beats anyone. That's one of the unofficial rules of KMC.

psycho gundam
thor hammers the wrinkles out of doom's face if whatever plan of his fails to stop him initially.

the only thing that i can think of doom doing in a day is procure some asgardian material then build an improved version of the thor buster armour that he has the blueprints of(with help from the d-bots and servants).

Rorschach
Originally posted by Tetragrammaton
Don't be so shocked. Doom with prep beats anyone. That's one of the unofficial rules of KMC.

Damn straight!

Lord Feron
This bhattle all depends on what Doom has just laying around. So kinda hard to determine the battle without knowing. Because Doom does have some crazy stuff but if he had to make something in one day from scratch idk... i know he is super smart but it takes time to build stuff. I think if doom allows Thor to get a grapple on him A few hits from thor will disorient doom along enuf for thor to add more hits and have Doom get the crap knocked out of him. Then again prep and what he has sittng around are unknown soo.. yeah

MF DELPH
Hmm, guess I should have searched a little further.

Mods, please merge.

*edit.

Actually, looks like this has prep stips. Nevermind.

cdtm
Is Doom restricted to his armor and magic, or no?

Because he could just power jack Big G, again.

quanchi112
Thor wins.

carver9
Thor already beat a prepped Doom.

cdtm
Originally posted by carver9
Thor already beat a prepped Doom.

Like Loki said, their plans were still pretty much a success.. Dissecting and learning about Asgardian physiology was Doom's real concern. With serious prep, Doom could do a lot better then a poor man's Asgardian Destroyer, case in point:

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/8565/doomodin26rz.jpg

Mindset
Originally posted by carver9
Thor already beat a prepped Doom. Nope.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.