Best Car Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AngryManatee
Which movie would you say is the best car movie?

Me personally: It's a tie between The Gumball Rally and Le Mans.

Le Mans

http://www.mcqueenonline.com/lm3.jpg

The Gumball Rally

http://www.imcdb.org/images/013/365.jpg

ragesRemorse
for now, i'm sticking with the cliche and saying Bullit

Rogue Jedi
Bullitt. thumb up .....also, dont forget the cannonball run.

exanda kane
Duel

T.M
Bullitt for me too..

Also though apart from that stupid jump at the end Gone in 60 Seconds. which is a poor film but does have good cars.

jaden101
Originally posted by exanda kane
Duel

classic thumb up

depends if you mean a movie only really about cars....or a movie with good car chases

would have to stick the 1971 "vanishing point" in there as well cause i loved it
American Graffiti and Mad Max are also up there

as far as films with good car scenes....Ronin

MildPossession
Two Lane Blacktop is one of my favourites.

Endrict Nuul
Gone is 60 sec was alright.

BruceSkywalker
I'd say Bullitt, Cars and Cannonball Run. As well as Duel

AngryManatee
6M3dLBL1Nzk

FistOfThe North
The "Matrix Reloaded" highway car chase looked really cool.

But i'd have to go with "Bullitt" as the best car movie i've seen.

darthmaul1
Bullitt, gone in 60 seconds (remake), Fast and the furious (first drag race and the last one)
Fast and furious tokyo drift
Ronin had a good car chase in it.

exanda kane
And yet no one has mentioned The French Connection. Mad.

Robtard
For once, I we are in agreement with Extenda. Duel was great and so was the French Connection.

Personally, I find the car scene in Bullitt overrated, it was good, but nothing above and beyond.

The Blue Brothers is possibly my favorite car scene. The original Gone in 60 Seconds is also awesome as is the original The Italian Job.

=Tired Hiker=
Bullitt was not overrated for it's time, no one shot car chases like that until then. Most movies up until then actually sped the film up to make it appear like the cars were going faster. The angles of the shots are still mimicked to this day.

Blues Brothers comes to mind as having one of the best car scenes. But by far the best car scene to me has got to be in 'Hooper', the grand finale of the movie. The entire scene was done in mostly one take, it's quite amazing. The movie itself, meh, but the car scene . . .

Short Time with Dabney Coleman had an awesome car chase. The movie is funny as hell too.

But my favorite car movie by far . . . Smokey And The Bandit. Didn't have the best car chase scenes, but a film about a couple of guys smuggling Coors beer across the Mississippi . . . priceless.

Shieldbou
I'm not a fan of car movies, but '2fast 2furious: Tokyo Drift' was entertaining for all the wrong reasons. I'm surprised noone's posted the Italian Job big grin

Robtard
Originally posted by Shieldbou
I'm not a fan of car movies, but '2fast 2furious: Tokyo Drift' was entertaining for all the wrong reasons. I'm surprised noone's posted the Italian Job big grin

Originally posted by Robtard
The original Gone in 60 Seconds is also awesome as is the original The Italian Job.

=Tired Hiker=
I was just in the middle of doing that.

AngryManatee
I like The Gumball Rally and Le Mans for the cars, and also because the cars are in fact actually hauling ass. They were actually going 100+ mph through downtown New York in the Gumball Rally. The Porsche 917s in Le Mans were doing 220+mph on the straight (242mph for the white 917LH). There were no "fast" camera angles to make the cars look like they were moving, they were actually doing it. The Pontiac in Smokey and the Bandit had the same 0-60 time as my old Mazda Protege. lulz.

Mr Parker
the car from the James Bond film THE SPY WHO LOVED ME blows away all the others here that have been mentioned by leaps and bounds.

jaden101
modified lotus espirit turbo if memory serves me correctly

Schecter
blues brothers

:edit: then again cant forget mad max and road warrior.

just walk away from the gasoline.

Robtard
"Greetings from The Humungus! The Lord Humungus! The Warrior of the Wasteland! The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla!" -Toady
http://www.youloveben.com/Thumbnails/Humongous.png

Selphie
I'm not much into car movies, but Death Proof had me on the edge of my seat.

Loved it.

exanda kane
Originally posted by Robtard
"Greetings from The Humungus! The Lord Humungus! The Warrior of the Wasteland! The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla!" -Toady
http://www.youloveben.com/Thumbnails/Humongous.png

You're a regular Patrick Kielty.

Quiero Mota
A Streetcar Named Desire and Easy Rider.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.