Cool character crap equipment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phantom Zone
Ok what characters are cool but have rubbish equipment? Its kinda like characters who if they used more stuff would be even more lethal and sell themselves short. Ok im gonna start....Daredevil

"Whats it made of? Reinforced steel???? lmao For the love of god man get yourself some adamantuim or vibranuim. You're still using that weakass steel baton after all these years?!"

ScarletSpeed
I always wondered why he never upgraded from steel laughing out loud

Etrigan
Haha! That's fair enough, never really thought of it like that. If DD's billy club was vibranium it would be freakin' deadly. Mind you, he does well enough with it anyway. I don't think he'd need any more weapons.

I think Kingpin would be very dangerous if equipped with more weaponry disguised as ordinary objects or clothing, e.g. explosive cigars, maybe even more gadgets inside his cane.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
I always wondered why he never upgraded from steel laughing out loud

I know, when you think about what equipment other people have reinforced steel is a bloody joke.

Heres another one....Captain America. shifty

Originally posted by Etrigan
Haha! That's fair enough, never really thought of it like that. If DD's billy club was vibranium it would be freakin' deadly. Mind you, he does well enough with it anyway. I don't think he'd need any more weapons.

Yeah but like you said if he made it adamantuim or vibranuim he would be ******* lethal. DD is pure precision if he upgraded his equipment I can see him taking down some pretty tough customers....

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by Phantom Zone

Yeah but like you said if he made it adamantuim or vibranuim he would be ******* lethal. DD is pure precision if he upgraded his equipment I can see him taking down some pretty tough customers....

Oh no doubt, DD would be up there with the big boys If he had a vibranium/adamantium baton. maybey we will see it one timesmile

Etrigan
Yeah... a weapon as hard as Cap's shield, that can be thrown with even more speed and precision?

Wow.

Phantom Zone
Yeah... a weapon as hard as Cap's shield, that can be thrown with even more speed and precision?

Wow.

Ermm sorry replying to my post? sad

Endless Mike
A lot of Green Arrow's trick arrows are kind of stupid.

They even make fun of it in his comic sometimes

Galan007
Punisher...

I mean seriously... Guns? srsly

Endrict Nuul
Wonder Woman and her stupid rope thingy. embarrasment

At least Ghost Rider and Spawn have cool ass chains to whip around. rock

ScarletSpeed
Yeah Wonder Woman's rope majorly sucks, all she can do is ask questions and get an honest answer... "oooh Wonder Woman just truthed that guy to death".

willRules
Originally posted by Endless Mike

They are extremely practical.......

Originally posted by willRules
The latest ish of wizard displays some of GA less memorable arrows!

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7527/gaarrowsme5.jpg
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/8408/gaarrows2ny8.jpg

llagrok
Why would Daredevil want to be "lethal" ?

He doesn't kill.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Endless Mike

See, that's where you missed the joke. Ollie's trick arrows are intended to be comedic. It suits him well with his antics and his attitude.

Ollie isn't suppose to be taken too serious. He can be quite funny most of the time.

Doctor-Alvis
Who's the new god with the stupid looking belt with the handlebars and stirrups on it? Is that Orion? I don't know if he's cool but that thing he rides/wears is not.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
Yeah Wonder Woman's rope majorly sucks, all she can do is ask questions and get an honest answer... "oooh Wonder Woman just truthed that guy to death".

It's also unbreakable and can be used to undo magic . . .

ScarletSpeed
so smile

Citizen V
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Who's the new god with the stupid looking belt with the handlebars and stirrups on it? Is that Orion? I don't know if he's cool but that thing he rides/wears is not.

Yeah, that's Orion.

He looks really shit.

Zeitgeist
Would I be the only one who wouldn't like to see Daredevil (or every other character with non-firearm weapons) be "upgraded" to vibranium or adamantium?

I remember the days when ubreakable metals were something a little bit unique...

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Zeitgeist
Would I be the only one who wouldn't like to see Daredevil (or every other character with non-firearm weapons) be "upgraded" to vibranium or adamantium?

I remember the days when ubreakable metals were something a little bit unique... what difference would it really make? its not like DD's staff ever breaks anyways

Zeitgeist
Originally posted by Master-Borg
what difference would it really make? its not like DD's staff ever breaks anyways My response heavily depends on whether that was an argument or not.

roughrider
I seriously think Batman could upgrade even more. I mean with his money, he could have a suit like Tony Stark - he'd save a lot of time healing broken bones.
And he's ninja trained. He should carry a sword; that could be very threatening when used against a perp.

Soljer
Originally posted by roughrider
I seriously think Batman could upgrade even more. I mean with his money, he could have a suit like Tony Stark - he'd save a lot of time healing broken bones.
And he's ninja trained. He should carry a sword; that could be very threatening when used against a perp.

To the suit; Batman doesn't accept crutches.

To the sword; Batman takes entirely nonlethal approaches.

SevenShackles
bob agent of hydra.... O_O

Disappear
also, given that the black panther's vibranium-weave costume made him effectively bulletproof wouldn't a pure vibranium stick just stop once it hit something? not bounce or anything. a unique blend of vibranium and steel, like captain america's shield, in baton-form might be a "better" weapon; but since no replicas of that unique combo have ever been created, i suppose that's impossible. and unnecessary.

roughrider
Originally posted by Soljer

I think those batarangs can be lethal. He's skilled enough not to kill someone with them. I think a short sword in a tight corner would come in handy.

willRules
Originally posted by Soljer

Hasn't he used guns ad swords in the past? Not to kill of course, but against foes who wouldn't die merely from a blade. I'm pretty sure in some of his earlier stuff he used guns yes

batdude123
He only needs his arms and legs to be lethal. smile

Doctor-Alvis
If Daredevil had a fancy expensive cane that'd just make him tough out of luck when he loses it.

Disappear
pretty sure batman's completely opposed to guns, at least in the traditional bullet-shooting sense, given that that's what killed his parents. that, and a guy. let's not blame it all on the gun.

ScarletSpeed
poor gun always gets the blame.

roughrider
Originally posted by willRules
Hasn't he used guns ad swords in the past? Not to kill of course, but against foes who wouldn't die merely from a blade. I'm pretty sure in some of his earlier stuff he used guns yes

Only once have I seen Batman pull up a gun & kill someone eek! ( yes it's true)

It was in Cosmic Odyssey. Cornered in a sewer and getting beaten to death by one of Darkseid's foot soldiers, he got ahold of the alien's handgun, gave a warning( which was ignored) and blasted him dead. Only to get out of there alive would he do it.
That guy came back later as a possessed zombie, working for the Anti-Life Equation, so not a full death notch on Bruce's belt.

Funny coincidence - that same year, Superman killed the alternate universe General Zod & his henchmen with kryptonite from that world, when he felt they couldn't be stopped any other way. But it plagued his conscience for years afterward...
Bruce & Clark both resorting to lethal means in the same year. Must have been the presence of Jim Starlin at DC at the time.

willRules
Hows about this propaganda comic??? Does this count as cannon or not?

http://superdickery.com/propaganda/11.html

Martian_mind
I find it weird that Jonn doesn't use tech more often...He's a confirmed genius,and he has a reservoir of Martian tech in his home.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by roughrider
Only once have I seen Batman pull up a gun & kill someone eek! ( yes it's true)

It was in Cosmic Odyssey. Cornered in a sewer and getting beaten to death by one of Darkseid's foot soldiers, he got ahold of the alien's handgun, gave a warning( which was ignored) and blasted him dead. Only to get out of there alive would he do it.
That guy came back later as a possessed zombie, working for the Anti-Life Equation, so not a full death notch on Bruce's belt.

So legacy with guns:
Killed his parents
Created a slave of un-life

Huh . . .

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Martian_mind
I find it weird that Jonn doesn't use tech more often...He's a confirmed genius,and he has a reservoir of Martian tech in his home.

Doesnt need to because he has mad mental powers?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Doesnt need to because he has mad mental powers?

Which cause him to be crippled in pain him nine times out of ten. Apparently everyone in the DCU has the "most twisted/evil/enraged mind ever."

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Which cause him to be crippled in pain him nine times out of ten. Apparently everyone in the DCU has the "most twisted/evil/enraged mind ever." laughing out loud

WrathfulDwarf
I was going to make a looooong post regarding Batman and his stand on guns. I was planning to include scans....but I change my mind.

I remember that I had store a very good article in my files three years ago.

The blog is old but really will give insights on Bruce Wayne/Batman feelings on guns.

This was compile Pre-IC. Enjoy.

http://sacomics.blogspot.com/2005/08/batman-and-guns.html

batdude123
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I was going to make a looooong post regarding Batman and his stand on guns. I was planning to include scans....but I change my mind.

The blog is old but really will give insights on Bruce Wayne/Batman feelings on guns.

I hated this comic.

http://bp3.blogger.com/_rLV-ZuNPwJ4/R7u-9Umh3ZI/AAAAAAAABEg/kOZI3OA8jLk/s1600-h/Detective575.jpg

Zeitgeist
The only conclusion to be made from that article is that PC Batman looked like a tool.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Zeitgeist
The only conclusion to be made from that article is that PC Batman looked like a tool.

But he was apparently confident enough to make his exact weight a matter of public record.

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/NM95/Batman_060724023738235_wideweb__300.jpg

Etrigan
Originally posted by Master-Borg
what difference would it really make? its not like DD's staff ever breaks anyways

A Hand samurai sliced through it once with a sword.

Humiliating. But then DD owned his attackers by picking up a sword of his own and chopping through all of their blades at the same time. They ran away, quite rightly.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by batdude123
I hated this comic.

http://bp3.blogger.com/_rLV-ZuNPwJ4/R7u-9Umh3ZI/AAAAAAAABEg/kOZI3OA8jLk/s1600-h/Detective575.jpg

Everyone hates it....

Galan007
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/NM95/Batman_060724023738235_wideweb__300.jpg

131 http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/13/fsbats1ox8.jpg

Doctor-Alvis
A Hand samurai sliced through it once with a sword.

Humiliating. But then DD owned his attackers by picking up a sword of his own and chopping through all of their blades at the same time. They ran away, quite rightly.
Ha. If his club was made of adamantium he wouldn't of had that chance to cast level 2 awesome.

Avlon
Steel. Rivet guns?

The guy works with and has access to Kryptonian, Oan, Heavenly, Apokalyptan, future, and other alien tech.

He should have the types of weapons that ruin, Supernova, or even booster gold have at the very least.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.