Star wars on a LCD

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
Has anyone seen SW on a LCD TV ? I mean wow am impressed if thats star wars from a dvd just think what it whould look like in BLUE RAY ??

queeq
Nope.

coolmovies
really ?

queeq
I saw some HD pics of ANH. It showed all the ugly details in make up and stuff. I don't think I really want to see it all that crisp and sharp. Prolly even the effects will go worse. You'd be able to spot the glue on the models.

BruceSkywalker
I watch all the Star Wars movies on my HDTV. Looks really good

Kapton JAC
Originally posted by coolmovies
Has anyone seen SW on a LCD TV ? I mean wow am impressed if thats star wars from a dvd just think what it whould look like in BLUE RAY ??

no blue ray.

Sesse
I think it would look great with Blu-ray.
With Blue-ray, the image quality sucks.

queeq
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I watch all the Star Wars movies on my HDTV. Looks really good

It's not out on HD, dude.

coolmovies
He means all his star wars dvds on HD TV

Sesse

queeq
Originally posted by coolmovies
He means all his star wars dvds on HD TV

It's still not HD since the source material is not HD. So the tv will not play HD. It's just a big screen. It's the LCD that makes it look different, not the TV's resolution.

Sadako of Girth
My question is: Why bother when you can watch it on a plasma..? stick out tongue

Upscaling can make the dvd look of a higher res.

queeq
Huh???

Sesse
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
My question is: Why bother when you can watch it on a plasma..? stick out tongue

Upscaling can make the dvd look of a higher res.

I dont care if you watch the dvd from Yodas ass.

The standard I copypasted above clearly state the amount of pixel information that is stored in a single frame.

You can interpolate more of them of course, but the image is not getting any better.

Sadako of Girth
Nah just a little smoother if you are watching it on large well defined screen.

Better therefore is a matter of taste.

Watching it from Yoda's ass or not. (and I dont wanna know how you'd know the attributes offered by such a viewing).

Anyways: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XD_engine

Stick that into your viewing equation and it definitely looks tastier anyhows. I think that counts for LCD and Plasma.

Sesse
Shure...

Tastier it might seem, but there it is. Only tastier in your mind.
Native resolution FTW.

Sadako of Girth
I think its the contrast ratios and colour ranges and temperatures on HD level sets that make the biggest physical difference in picture quality.
Thats not subjectivity. Thats performance.

Sesse
Meh.

It is the amount of little colorful forming columns and the amount of rows that make the picture.

But, it might just be me...

This image really looks great on my HD laptrop screen...

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/5733/lollole1.jpg

Dookus rugged features are really enhanced.

Poor resolution, but damn... The contrast just makes it all worth it.

Sadako of Girth
Wow that does look pretty low, resolution wise..

queeq
It does.

But I'm sure the PT will look great om HD... Since it IS HD. THe OT on the other will reveal may little ugly details we'd be wishing we had never seen.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.