Official Signature Contest - Discussion Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Peach
Okay, so I'm planning on running a signature contest very soon (thanks to Barker and Digimark suggesting it), and I'm doing things a bit differently than usual.

Normally, people enter, and we judge first, second, and third place in a few categories, as well as giving a theme.

Well, the idea for this (courtesy of Digimark) is to do tiered judging. Basically, I'm going to have two or three categories you can enter in - and you can only enter in ONE. The categories are skill-based - there'll be a beginner tier, for those who are new to Photoshop or sig-making, or feel they're not good enough to compete with some of the more skilled makers, and then an advanced tier, for those who have been doing this for a while and are confident in their skills. There might be an intermediate tier, depending on interest.

The reason I'm doing this as I think it will encourage more people to participate, and it gives people who are new to this a better chance of winning something and makes it seem so that there's actually a point to entering if you know you're not great. And it makes it more fun for all because it's more fair for the newbies, and it encourages those in the advanced tier to go all out.

Also, if you're not sure where you should compete, feel free to ask and we'll place you.

Digimark volunteered to help, and Tattoo said he'd judge if I was going to do a new contest soon, so I don't think I'll really need more judges but I'll see, depending on how many enter.

I'm not really planning on doing any sort of signup for this, though if anyone is interested or has any questions, please post or ask here!

Edit: The contest has started! All entries should be posted in the Official Entry Thread. Any entries posted here will not count! Be sure to read all of the rules in that thread before entering!

Neo Darkhalen
I have a question will the finals be taking the top sigs from all 2/3 tiers or will there be separate finals for different tiers?

Peach
This is a contest, not a tournament. Everyone can enter, and then the judges vote on who they think is the first, second, and third place of each tier. So there is no finals or anything.

Tournaments take place in the Sig Duel forum and we'll probably do one in a few months.

Neo Darkhalen
so everyone and anyone can enter....thats much better...will we have just one overall theme?....sorry I am asking alot of stupid questions. embarrasment

It's just that I have never done anything like this before.

Peach
Sometimes we go with a theme, sometimes it's just open and you can do whatever you want. If there is a theme, it'll be announced in the main threads once I start it going.

Neo Darkhalen
Okay thank you very much, I look forward to the contest and updates about it soon.

Peach
No problem.

If you're interested, during the last contest Digimark collected all of the links from previous contests and tournaments.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=9196764#post9196764

This is going to be the 8th Signature Contest on here stick out tongue

Neo Darkhalen
Thank you, this will be good for preparation. smile

Are the contests yearly?

Röland
I know you're still getting everything together Lana but I will definitely compete in one of the contests. Awesome idea! w00t

Peach

Neo Darkhalen
thanks Peach (still getting used to that)

I will definitely be entering this contest, I can hardly wait.

Da Pittman
I almost didn't realize who you were Lana (aka Peach, aka Killer Bunny), so can I be in the beginner bracket stick out tongue So when do you have an idea of a start date?

Barker
I hereby promise to enter a sig on time.

Only in the beginner bracket with Pitt. 13

Piggle Humsy
Can there be a Piggle bracket where only I can enter and win? awesome

BakaXero
I'm not entering the advance bracket awesome

will there be a thread in the OTF and GDF about it?
Or maybe an announcement to all sections of KMC?
seem more blood is needed here...

VAMPIRUS!!!!

Barker
Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
Can there be a Piggle bracket where only I can enter and win? awesome
What if you divide by zero and don't enter? awesome

Alliance
This forum died.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Alliance
This forum died.

Yet we can still have contests if we want.

stick out tongue

Anyway, can I volunteer to judge for this one? My PS is on the fritz (my entire PC is well under 100% these days, and it's stolen my PS's ability to run smoothly, or at all sometimes)...I'd have to use Gimp, and it's been years since I did that with any skill.

Also, spread the word.

Peach
I already assumed you were going to judge, hence me mentioning you volunteered to help stick out tongue

And wooo, that's "check this out!" thread number two in the OTF now big grin

Piggle Humsy
Originally posted by Barker
What if you divide by zero and don't enter? awesome

Fine! uhuh

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Peach
I already assumed you were going to judge, hence me mentioning you volunteered to help stick out tongue

thumb up

TOH
Can we have something like an "extra advanced uber master of sigs" category ? ...

t00w

for Baka?

Thoren
He'd kill in that category amirite?

taft
Im in

Thoren
It's3 minutes long.

The big EH
i'll compete, got nothing better to do with my time

Gannon
I'll give it a shot. I will not miss my chance to blow.

Cause opportunity comes once in a lifetime...

BakaXero
Originally posted by TOH
Can we have something like an "extra advanced uber master of sigs" category ? ...

t00w

for Baka?
You Sir, need a new dictionary. You're using all the wrong words to describe the category i should be in. erm

I challenge you to a Duel! *glove slap* no expression

There's no point anyways... I'll just come last haermm

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Gannon

Cause opportunity comes once in a lifetime...

Is that mom's spaghetti I see on your shirt? Go change.

The big EH

Cause opportunity comes once in a lifetime... please tell me that was a mistake (good catch DigiMark)

b|anka
I definitely join (I might actually enter an entry for once). Haven't a sig in awhile but i think would qualify in the advance tier.

How about a prize for the winner besides bragging rights?

K12
IF you don't mind I will try out my luck as well.

Barker
Originally posted by b|anka
I definitely join (I might actually enter an entry for once). Haven't a sig in awhile but i think would qualify in the advance tier.

One of Lana's artpieces, amirite? haermm

DigiMark007
Originally posted by b|anka

I always wanted to do a real life prize for one of my comic forum tourneys. Never got around to it, but it would be doable...just not likely.

Neo Darkhalen
So when does this contest begin?

Or are we still in the planning/deciding phase, I don't want to miss it!

Peach
Not started yet, will be starting soon.

Generally the contests go for 3 weeks to a month, so I want to wait a bit longer to start it. If I were to start now, it'd end while I'm away at Anime Central.

And as for prizes...I did give an actual prize for the contest we did on Ken's site a long time ago. And I'd like to do prizes, but...yeah, they cost money. Money which I don't have much of because I'm going to be at an anime convention next month stick out tongue

Neo Darkhalen
lol, have a good time Peach. (yay I remembered your new username.)

Peach
I spend all day yesterday writing my department's schedule ermm I'm on staff, and I'm the assistant department head for my department. The way we split things up, I'm basically DH of a smaller section, and I might actually be DH next year.

Neo Darkhalen
Nice, good luck with the position.

The big EH
I spend all day yesterday writing my department's schedule ermm I'm on staff, and I'm the assistant department head for my department. The way we split things up, I'm basically DH of a smaller section, and I might actually be DH next year. where do you work?

Peach
Originally posted by The big EH
where do you work?

I work at a Gamestop but this is nothing to do with that - as I said two posts above, it's for an anime convention I go to every year, Anime Central.

DigiMark007
Darn, I was hoping the con was toward me a bit (no such luck). If the convention wasn't in IL I'd go there just to heckle and/or attempt to make out with Lana, then take pictures as she hits me away. Then PS them to look scandalous and post them on KMC. I literally have that much free time these days.

haermm

embarrasment

ScarletSpeed
Can I enter the Amateur one?laughing out loud

DigiMark007
If you made that Goku sig, then yeah.

stick out tongue

ScarletSpeed
Woohoo, Yeah I did, it is Vegeta btwstick out tongue

DigiMark007
Goku, Vegina....all the same crap.

biscuits

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Goku, Vegina....all the same crap.

biscuits

Vegina laughing, when is the competition?

DigiMark007
A month-ish, if I got the dates correct for Lana's cosplay con. We're waiting until after it. So you got some time.

We'll probably make a theme or something though, so that people can't start on their sigs now.

ScarletSpeed
A month-ish, if I got the dates correct for Lana's cosplay con. We're waiting until after it. So you got some time.

We'll probably make a theme or something though, so that people can't start on their sigs now.

Ahh klkl, cheers buddysmile

Naz
So, uh...any ideas when the sig contest will actually be?

Peach
Basically what Digi just said.

Though I'll probably start it in about two weeks. That way I'm done with ACen by the end of the contest and can actually concentrate on stuff other than convention things.

Naz
Cool. thumb up

Aurora
I'm in as well. I need to get back into the hang of things.

Da Pittman
Originally posted by Aurora
I'm in as well. I need to get back into the hang of things. Well there goes my chances to win eek!

Neo Darkhalen
Excellent can't wait until showtime.

Peach
I'm in as well. I need to get back into the hang of things.

eek! hi!

Aurora
eek! hi!

It has been a while, right?

We were just at Brookfield Zoo a couple weeks ago and I mentioned you!

Peach
Heh, really? Neat big grin I haven't been there in a while but my mom's taken my little siblings there like 3 times in the past week since it's so nice out lately.

Neo Darkhalen
It has been a while, right?

We were just at Brookfield Zoo a couple weeks ago and I mentioned you!

Thats a really good sig, if you enter i have no chance at all.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Thats a really good sig, if you enter i have no chance at all.

Enter the noob category. You're safe from Aurora there.

wink

Da Pittman

wink Even in the advance category we are in trouble, I've never beaten her. Well at least one that counted wink

Aurora
You guys give me too much credit. I am opening PS right now for the first time in MONTHS to dust off my skills. We'll see what happens.

DigiMark007
Hehe. I think you have them beat via intimidation 'ro....you shouldn't be telling them you're rusty. Or we could make the sig limitations "MUST BE SPIDER_MAN TRAILER LOLZ!" and you win by default.

wink

A.D. Skinner
Don't let her kid you guyz.....it is like riding a bike for her...once she learned....she never forgot....

Da Pittman
Originally posted by A.D. Skinner
Don't let her kid you guyz.....it is like riding a bike for her...once she learned....she never forgot.... Its the Skinner pitt_dance

Peach
Originally posted by A.D. Skinner
Don't let her kid you guyz.....it is like riding a bike for her...once she learned....she never forgot....

Hey you happy

I'm always amused at how people from the old group just turn up when "sig contest" is mentioned stick out tongue

Aurora
LOL, I assure you it was an accident, but the timing is good.

Neo Darkhalen

wink

laughing out loud I don't know what class to enter really. embarrasment

Peach
Probably going to start this next weekend.

BakaXero
laughing out loud I don't know what class to enter really. embarrasment
If you want to stand a chance at winning avoid the Advance class, unless you're confident enough that you are in the same league with the advance sigmakers

Gannon
I guess i'll go in the advanced group. Who else is gonna be in the advanced?

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by BakaXero
If you want to stand a chance at winning avoid the Advance class, unless you're confident enough that you are in the same league with the advance sigmakers

Agreed.

boobsmagee
gdit i own

...not
i'll be there
havn't made many sigs lately
and suck

Da Pittman
I guess i'll go in the advanced group. Who else is gonna be in the advanced? Well I hope I will have time, moving in the next few weeks but I will give it a shot in the advance bracket though I will more than likely loose wink

DigiMark007
Originally posted by boobsmagee
gdit i own

...not
i'll be there
havn't made many sigs lately
and suck

You do good work. I'm not sure what Lana will do about getting people into the correct categories, but you should be in the advanced category.

Peach
For proper categories, I'll let people use their best judgment, for the most part, but if anyone seems like they really should be in the other category I'll let them know.

Okay, Digi, Ken...any theme ideas, or should we leave this one open?

DigiMark007
I'll PM you

Peach
w00t

Neo Darkhalen
Oooo not much longer now.

Gannon
I'm getting excited. Happy Dance

BakaXero
I'm joining the beginners shifty

TOH
I'm joining the beginners shifty

chicken

haermm

Neo Darkhalen
god all the veterans are returning for this.

BakaXero
Actually... I'd pretty much say that most of them have just been floating around waiting for something interesting to happen erm

Like TOH. for example, all you have to do is mention his name and sooner or later he'll arrive with a response.

You also have some KMC member who hang out in packs, you get one to come along and the rest follow. bakasrug

DigiMark007
Breaking news:

There might be a theme.

shifty

More as we learn....

Alliance
Depending on when this tourney is (I'm still in classes). I will enter.

...in the beginner's bracket.

Barker
Depending on when this tourney is (I'm still in classes). I will enter.

...in the beginner's bracket.
uhuh

brb, advance bracket to avoid Alliance.

Peach
w00t and it's on!

TOH
Anime/manga theme!!! w00t

DigiMark007
I expect someone to use the seasons theme. That one was mine. If I have to judge 20 manga sigs, somebody's going to pay.

no expression

Just as a note, though, it doesn't have to cover all 4 seasons. Someone could have a "winter" sig, for example, and be well within the theme.

Alliance
orly?

I didn't have to include all three seasons in my sig?

Neo Darkhalen
Anime/Manga and so it begins. w00t

ScarletSpeed
I'm doing a combosmile

DigiMark007
orly?

I didn't have to include all three seasons in my sig?

All three?!

But no, I was hoping to inspire some single-season themes with it, as well as possibly opening the door for possible photo manips with various bells and whistles.

Da Pittman
All three?! Sure Skiing Season, Mateing Season and Bikini Season stick out tongue

Peach
All three?!

But no, I was hoping to inspire some single-season themes with it, as well as possibly opening the door for possible photo manips with various bells and whistles.

Chicago has three seasons.

Really Cold, Really Hot, and In Between For a Week stick out tongue

TOH
I expect someone to use the seasons theme. That one was mine. If I have to judge 20 manga sigs, somebody's going to pay.

no expression

Four seasons theme!!! w00t

I like the expressionist feel of Naz's entry..... raver

Gannon
So it begins...

Alliance
All three?!

Tyrrany of the West *facepalm*

DigiMark007
I was waiting for someone to detect the pun. Nice job Pitt.

wink

Da Pittman
I was waiting for someone to detect the pun. Nice job Pitt.

wink big grin I couldn't resit

DigiMark007
The way I originally phrased it didn't lend itself to the pun, but when I saw Lana write it in the contest it was the first thing I thought of. I laughed but was also a bit like "damnit, there goes my seasonal sigs."

laughing out loud

Naz
crylaugh I love your sig, pittman!

Barker
Heheh, I'm going to eh enter.

Röland
I'm entering. 31

DigiMark007
I saw a shockingly similar image to Naz's sig on the side of a tissue box the other day. Simplified, but the outline and shading was amusingly close.

Barker
Finished, but I'm scared to post it, first sig in like six months. haermm

BakaXero
I made a sig but my cat, he r eated it haermm

made seriously... I made a sig, but then my comp crashed from the shear awesomeness of it. no expression
I don't think i can make another quite as awesome weep

Barker
If I post my sig today, Lana will change the deadline to last Thursday and I'll be disqualified for lateness and everyone will haermm at me .haermm

Barker
First non-entrant in the Entry thread. Maybe next time require every entrant post to require in 10 size font DON'T POST UNLESS YOU'RE ENTERING, BIG EH. .hae

Peach
I'm seriously considering instating a rule that if you post in the entry thread and it's anything BUT an entry, you are not allowed to enter that particular contest and if you've already posted an entry, you are automatically disqualified.

Because every time, without fail, some complete idiot goes and does that.

DigiMark007
I'm gonna wait until Lana is browsing the forum, then post in there and hope she sees it....then delete it before my 15 minutes are up.

shifty

TOH
Finished, but I'm scared to post it....haermm

Lies, lies and more lies.

I made a sig but my cat, he r eated it haermm

made seriously... I made a sig, but then my comp crashed from the shear awesomeness of it. no expression
I don't think i can make another quite as awesome weep
If you had said your sig was eaten by a tasmanian devil I'd believe in you haermm

BakaXero
Originally posted by TOH
Lies, lies and more lies.

If you had said your sig was eaten by a tasmanian devil I'd believe in you haermm
Well I don't live in Tasmania. So the jokes on you! haermm

My inspiration?
RP9RG3jxh7M

I couldn't help myself...
yes Baka is an idiot... Condom anyone?

TOH just comes 131

So does Barker 313

BakaXero
sorry for the double post, but i was bored so i edited a classic.
Just for you wink
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/74/narutohpg3.gif

Da Pittman
Love you entry Baka thumb up

BakaXero
hmm... nothing new or moving from me.... I wonder what moving parts will be in TOH's sig

TOH
sorry for the double post, but i was bored so i edited a classic.
Just for you wink
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/74/narutohpg3.gif

no expression

hmm... nothing new or moving from me.... I wonder what moving parts will be in TOH's sig
Moving parts? It's a sig not a sex shop toy.. haermm

BakaXero
i say boo to the fact that everyone seems to disappear after i post an entry... BOO TO YOU ALL!!!

to TOH:
haermm

Shut up no expression

Peach
Eww, Naruto stick out tongue

Aurora
Wow, I have been busy and almost forgot to come and check on the contest!

Good thing I didn't miss the deadline. I will work on one soon......

BakaXero
hmm... no more entries?
Seems like the only two entries in the advance category?
I may stand a chance at winning hmm
or losing... but at least Pitt doesn't win by default. haermm

Grayfox189
Check out mine..... I just barley made it today though

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w297/grayfox189/sigwrk1.jpg

Oh shiznit.... I haven't noticed it's too late lol sorry... no expression

Barker
Deadline is June 1st. .bus

I'll be turning my entry in June 10th.

BakaXero
Originally posted by Grayfox189

if you're submitting that then you'd lose by default and Sig entries go in the other thread.
Deadline is June 1st. .bus

I'll be turning my entry in June 10th.
Just like Utahians to be so far behind everyone else roll eyes (sarcastic)

Peach
Originally posted by Grayfox189

Go and read the damn rules.

jboy4
Hmm i guess i missed this maybe may i still sign up??? If so place me in where ever you think i should go!

Da Pittman
Mine still trumps them all evillaugh

jboy4
im not sure how u stayed on topic but whatever floats ur boat!

Da Pittman
Originally posted by jboy4
im not sure how u stayed on topic but whatever floats ur boat! confused

jboy4
Im sorry i didnt mean it smile I LOVE YOURS! smile

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Da Pittman
confused

Clearly he just isn't up on his classic oldies.

wink

BakaXero
Hmm i guess i missed this maybe may i still sign up??? If so place me in where ever you think i should go!

Read first post of the other thread and you'd realize you can enter and there's still alot of time.

I think we should make the deadline a week sooner for Barker. So when he hands in his sig a week late, it's still on time. ermm

Clearly he just isn't up on his classic oldies.

wink
That's like reverse pedophilia. haermm 313

Barker
I actually have had my entry ready for a few weeks! (Ask Roland! haermm)

!

Peach
So post it stick out tongue

jboy4
so in the rules it says you may ask to what category u should be in so what one do you guys think for me????

Da Pittman
so in the rules it says you may ask to what category u should be in so what one do you guys think for me???? Well going by what I see in your sig thread I would say Beginner or Advanced, you have some that I think could complete in the Advanced category but I would suggest the Beginner category. Not a slam I think there should be an Intermediate category and you would fit in nicely there.

jboy4
well thank you ill go with beginner maybe next time ill try advance smile

Phucked Up
That's like reverse pedophilia. haermm 313

Robbing the grave. stick out tongue

Thoren
I actually have had my entry ready for a few weeks! (Ask Roland! haermm)

! Originally posted by Peach
So post it stick out tongue

DigiMark007
I always love the self-undermining entries.

"This sucks, but meh. Here it is anyway."

Let the judges decide that.

stick out tongue

Da Pittman
I always love the self-undermining entries.

"This sucks, but meh. Here it is anyway."

Let the judges decide that.

stick out tongue And I will judge the judges stick out tongue

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Da Pittman
And I will judge the judges stick out tongue

And I will judge the judging of the judges.

no expression

Neo Darkhalen
And i will judge the jugging of the judges, judging the judges while judging the judges who judge the competition.

no expression no expression no expression

Da Pittman
And i will judge the jugging of the judges, judging the judges while judging the judges who judge the competition.

no expression no expression no expression pitt_nuts

DigiMark007

no expression no expression no expression

Dude, we were done with the joke. Thanks for running it into the ground.

no expression

boobsmagee
This thread has been deemed
to scary for Boobsmagee

Neo Darkhalen
Dude, we were done with the joke. Thanks for running it into the ground.

no expression

sorry sad

DigiMark007
sorry sad

Apologize to Pitt. You made him sad.

Da Pittman
Apologize to Pitt. You made him sad.

313 laughing and I want a cookie

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>