EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tour. Last Chance Battle (B-2): Symmetric Chaos vs id369

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evangel94

Symmetric Chaos
OK, I'm sure Id will have spent his prep trying some crazy plan which we all know is completely impossible.

So it's just Nate's mind in Jean's frail womanly body. First my transgendered foe has his face cave in. Then I punch him. Why? Because Pete is faster than light so causality is my *****.

Remember that no matter what he does Id's amalgam still thinks and reacts at the speed of a normal human whereas Pete has the speed of a person who has turned himself into a virtual army on multiple occasions.

That really the entirety of my plan for now. Speedblitz.
Cheap? Yup.
Unsporting? Yup.
Totally in character for someone with Karnak's mind? Yup.

In my prep Bats will put together a psi-disrupter/blocker device just in case I need it. Pete will hammer together some lead armor so that Id can't somehow attack Pete's perceived weakness to K-nite.

In supershort.
T minus 0
Match begins

T plus 1.62x10^-992
Id's amalgam falls unconscious.

T plus 1.62x10^-990
Pete has left the arena and is showing some sweet loving to Chresh's girls.

id369
I am off to work, I wont be able to post till tomorrow around noun (central pacific).

Symmetric Chaos
I think I'm winning.

AJ 009
Best tourney ever. laughing out loud

id369

Soljer
Chaos.

King Kandy
Voting for Id. The forcefield sounds like it could at least stop Pete for a moment but SM's defenses didn't seem as plausible. And id showed me evidence in our match that his characters think at super-speed.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by King Kandy
Voting for Id. The forcefield sounds like it could at least stop Pete for a moment but SM's defenses didn't seem as plausible. And id showed me evidence in our match that his characters think at super-speed.

His character doesn't think at SuperSpeed. Telepathy can move faster than light but Rapture still is limited to roughly human reaction times and certainly does not form thoughts faster an an ordinary human does.

King Kandy
Hah. That's funny because what you just claimed is the opposite of the evidence I was shown.

id369
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
His character doesn't think at SuperSpeed. Telepathy can move faster than light but Rapture still is limited to roughly human reaction times and certainly does not form thoughts faster an an ordinary human does.

True I can not match your fluid movements. Yet you are making the mistake of:

addressing The Rapture in human standards, is a no no. If that was the case, find me a single human capable filtering out thoughts on a planetary scale. Or better yet, just motor function skills of that caliber Nate or Jean. You wont find any, simply because they only exist in fictional literature.

The moment, The Rapture went full power. It no longer retains a physiological form of a human. The Rapture becomes living energy.

The barriers and armor ware set up during prep.

Symmetric Chaos

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by id369
addressing The Rapture in human standards, is a no no. If that was the case, find me a single human capable filtering out thoughts on a planetary scale. Or better yet, just motor function skills of that caliber Nate or Jean. You wont find any, simply because they only exist in fictional literature.

That has nothing to do with speed of thought. It's just raw power.

The moment, The Rapture went full power. It no longer retains a physiological form of a human. The Rapture becomes living energy.

No evidence seem to say you can really do that.

The barriers and armor ware set up during prep.

And Pete'll tear them to pieces before Rapture notices him moving.

id369

id369

Symmetric Chaos
My comments over the legs, the arms, the mouth was an analogy. And yet Flash felt a the TK to his face when he met Fernus. Or the Job Manchester Black and Check Mate did on Superman? These are fairly recent accounts.

Fernus has a raw violence and total lack of restraint that I don't see ever coming out of Jeans' mind.

Superman wrecked Black and the Elite in a couple pages the moment he got really serious about stopping them.

More recently Supes has resisted telepathy so much that it required implants to make him vulnerable enough. Not to mention that we aren't talking about one or the other, Pete has both Flash's odd neural activity and Superman's psi-resistant brain physiology.

Symmetric Chaos

id369

Symmetric Chaos

id369
I only claim what the comic states. If the comic states, it can release its full power. Then who are you to state otherwise?

If the comic states, its power unleashed equals a fellow Omega mutant. Then it does not take much, to put two and two together.

batdude123
Symmetric Chaos.

Symmetric Chaos
I only claim what the comic states. If the comic states, it can release its full power. Then who are you to state otherwise?

If the comic states, its power unleashed equals a fellow Omega mutant. Then it does not take much, to put two and two together.

A psychic had to forcibly remove his mental blocks . . .

Zeitgeist
Sym C

psycho gundam
shouldnt jungle will slow pete down since he has to find "the rapture" first?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by psycho gundam
shouldnt jungle will slow pete down since he has to find "the rapture" first?

Kryptonian's can see the entire EM spectrum:
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii236/Syms_Photos/SupermanEMV.jpg

Another display of sensory abilities:
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii236/Syms_Photos/SupesMolucularssScan.jpg

There's no hiding from Pete.

Ha-Son
Symm

psycho gundam
ID369

King Kandy
Aren't you supposed to give reasons or have your votes annulled?

Devil Lance
SC

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by King Kandy
Aren't you supposed to give reasons or have your votes annulled? SC

id369

Evangel94
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
SC

For those who simply just stated their vote without a reason, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the battle. For myself as well as the competitor, it gives insight on the reasoning behind your vote. It can potentially help the competitors improve themselves for future matches.

So those who simply voted without saying anything are the following:

Soljer
batdude123
Zeitgeist
Ha-Son
Devil Lance
Mr. Slippyfist
psycho gundam

Please state a reason on why you placed your vote for a specific competitor. I definitely prefer not to nullify votes, but stating a reason should be common courtesy for competitors.

-------------------------------------------

Also, the winner of this match will face Psycho Gundam on Monday.

-Evangel94

Devil Lance
SC
ID just can't deal with the speed

psycho gundam
ID because he clearly wants to avoid losing due to people's faith in the superman speed blitz, which supposedly is a death sentance on KMC.

his character is very strong and got an additional power boost.

he telekinetically cascaded the battle field with his energy which holds all things in stasis(except the juggernaut stick out tongue) + he fashioned for himself a
suit of telekinetic armour that the hulk himself approved of.
all this during his prep time, so the speed blitz(imo) is absurd.

not taking anything away from sim's character, though powerful and wearing a psi blocker, ID's amalgam possesses unprecedented mental powers that (imo) the best portable psi blocker without a external power source can handle for the duration of a skirmish with super x-man.

if the speed blitz is somehow successful-

the air friction of a jungle's wet climate + " light speed G forces" = disintegrated psi blocker, or at least a non-functional one.

then x-man does his thing with sim's amalgam's mind, superman may
be able to withstand a mental onslaught for a while, but karnak won't(imo).

Evangel94

the air friction of a jungle's wet climate + " light speed G forces" = disintegrated psi blocker, or at least a non-functional one.

That is a very good point. I hadn't considered that the psi blocker would be disintegrated by moving at such high speeds.

Not to mention that the battlefield is surrounded by a forcefield with a 10 mile diameter, so any high speed character would have to regulate their speed to prevent themselves being slammed into the forcefield. The very nature and size of the battlefield puts a limit on high speed combat.

-Evangel94

King Kandy
Originally posted by Evangel94
Not to mention that the battlefield is surrounded by a forcefield with a 10 mile diameter, so any high speed character would have to regulate their speed to prevent themselves being slammed into the forcefield.
Not really, their reflexes are just as fast as their speed, the rest of the world is slow in comparison.

Symmetric Chaos
That is a very good point. I hadn't considered that the psi blocker would be disintegrated by moving at such high speeds.

Not to mention that the battlefield is surrounded by a forcefield with a 10 mile diameter, so any high speed character would have to regulate their speed to prevent themselves being slammed into the forcefield. The very nature and size of the battlefield puts a limit on high speed combat.

-Evangel94

Flash has navigated cave complexes at FLT speeds. He doesn't even come close to needing to slow down.

As for the psiblocker, Flash has carried people at extremely high speed his aura protects them.

Evangel94
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Flash has navigated cave complexes at FLT speeds. He doesn't even come close to needing to slow down.

As for the psiblocker, Flash has carried people at extremely high speed his aura protects them.

Well regardless if its right or wrong, it was an interesting point to bring up, and it shows psycho gundam is thinking outside the box.

Symmetric Chaos
ID because he clearly wants to avoid losing due to people's faith in the superman speed blitz, which supposedly is a death sentance on KMC.

his character is very strong and got an additional power boost.

he telekinetically cascaded the battle field with his energy which holds all things in stasis(except the juggernaut stick out tongue) + he fashioned for himself a
suit of telekinetic armour that the hulk himself approved of.
all this during his prep time, so the speed blitz(imo) is absurd.

I'm blitzing right through his fecking armor. It's presence is meaningless to a person who can hit it perfectly, at Superman level strength several hundred times in a second.

not taking anything away from sim's character, though powerful and wearing a psi blocker, ID's amalgam possesses unprecedented mental powers that (imo) the best portable psi blocker without a external power source can handle for the duration of a skirmish with super x-man.

if the speed blitz is somehow successful-

When the blitz works I won't need it anyway. The psiblocker is just a back up to gain a couple seconds (which would be a very long time for Flash)

As for damaging the equipment being harmed:

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii236/Syms_Photos/th_flash2zj8.jpg
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii236/Syms_Photos/th_FlashTakeApart2.jpg

Nothing get's hurt by speed when Flash holds it.

then x-man does his thing with sim's amalgam's mind, superman may be able to withstand a mental onslaught for a while, but karnak won't(imo).

Going near the sun allowed Superman to shake off mental control by a Kryptonian god. His resistance to telepathy is partially based off of his biology.

Flash is also thinking much faster than Rapture and Karnak's thoughts would be rather . . . Inhuman.

Symmetric Chaos
Well regardless if its right or wrong, it was an interesting point to bring up, and it shows psycho gundam is thinking outside the box.

confused

psycho gundam
while we are on the topic, I had a personal question about the speed force;

if flash is on someone's back or being carried by them, can that person use the speed force cus if the speed force protects whomever the flash carries, does it go both ways?

and does the speed force protect his internal organs from the negative acceleration from slowing down from FTLS? cause the momentum should stick with him as he slows down as it does for quicksilver.

Symmetric Chaos
while we are on the topic, I had a personal question about the speed force;

if flash is on someone's back or being carried by them, can that person use the speed force cus if the speed force protects whomever the flash carries, does it go both ways?

The only get super-speed if he wants it. Otherwise even their perceptions aren't accelerated.

and does the speed force protect his internal organs from the negative acceleration from slowing down from FTLS? cause the momentum should stick with him as he slows down as it does for quicksilver.

Yes the SpeedForce allows for high speed stopping. It does away with all the annoying technical aspects of having super-speed.

psycho gundam
thanks, now I can officially call it PIS.
dc loves to cover all the bases don't they.

Symmetric Chaos
thanks, now I can officially call it PIS.

What the f**k?

It's Flash's ****ing powerset. That's like saying it's PIS for Hulk to be really strong.

psycho gundam
i just think the speed force is a spit in the face of physics and better judgment thats all, I'll stop here so that this thread can be used for what it was made for.

thanks for answering my questions anyway though.

Symmetric Chaos
i just think the speed force is a spit in the face of physics and better judgment thats all

You mean exactly like the powers of every other herald level character? Okay . . .

id369
Well as a final note:

If you look back in comic books, you often see characters beef up their defense to deal with speedsters. To think, that one would try to go in the exchange, or attempt to pick up on his movements is simply idiotic.

While my movements are not fluid actions at FTL speeds, my brain processes its thoughts incredibly fast. When you have the ability to move objects with your thoughts, and its processing speed is significantly high. It composites for the lack, of physical movements. Hence the reason why I start the match TK freezing the area, followed by an AoE attack.

Am I trying to keep up with his movements?
NO. I am simply bracing myself for impact within my own layer of defense. And attacking, disregarding the location of my character. It really helps that I can choose to effect matter as small as human white cell. Or an entire Continent with my Psi/TK/TP.

Evangel94
I am going to end the match now. The discussion is pretty much over already.

Final Vote Count

Id369: 2
King Kandy
psycho gundam

Symmetric Chaos: 6
Soljer
batdude123
Zeitgeist
Ha-Son
Devil Lance
Mr. Slippyfist

Symmetric Chaos advances to the final round of the Last Chance Tournament, and will fight Psycho Gundam tommorow.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.