Kyle Rayner [greenlantern] VS Vulcan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SevenShackles
Green Lantern vs Vulcan

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/4432/Heroes/gl3-02.jpg
VS
http://www.herospy.com/wp-content/hero%20spy%202006/Comics/Vulcan_442x300.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulcan_(Marvel_Comics)

rolling on floor laughing

leonidas
vulcan. easily . . . . shifty

Tetragrammaton
Vulcan

Sike!

Raoul
vulcan is pussywhipped, while all kyle's girlfriends die...

i think we know who's better off... ermm

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Tetragrammaton
Vulcan

Sike!

Psyche?

Tetragrammaton
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Psyche?
No. Learn your slang.

Symmetric Chaos
No. Learn your slang.

Never.

Raoul
i actually thought SC was right...

Tetragrammaton
Originally posted by Raoul
i actually thought SC was right...
Technically he is but here in America, we enjoy being purposely ignorant. cool

SevenShackles
Kyle wasnt doing to good in countdown lol. but yeah that shouldn't count. Vulcan can do some damage with his powers i thought he could put a dent into kyle and take a few victories

CaptainStoic
Vulcan would win this on the strength of his energy manipulation prowess. However I could easily be convinced that Kyle could overcome his mutant power, although Vulcan being an Omega level goes against that particular dispute.

Grinning Goku
Can't Vulcan manipulate like various forms of energy and shit? If so then he wins.

Raoul
Technically he is but here in America, we enjoy being purposely ignorant. cool

good for you! lookaround

Tetragrammaton
Where were those powers against Havok?

Yeah, Havok was amped up but I doubt he was more powerful than Kyle. Has Vulcan even beaten anyone on Kyle's level?

Raoul

Yeah, Havok was amped up but I doubt he was more powerful than Kyle. Has Vulcan even beaten anyone on Kyle's level?

he smacked around most of the imperial guard, which wasn't bad...

SevenShackles

I found that to be seriously cheap in the comic, in all 'reality' on how his powers were shown to work he should of been able to use Havoks amped energy to his own advantage. but good guys beat bad guys. roll eyes (sarcastic)

yeah, took whatever they threw at him in stride. could of done more damage i thought.

Tetragrammaton
Originally posted by Raoul
he smacked around most of the imperial guard, which wasn't bad...
That's like smacking around no name Lanterns. Impressive on paper but not exactly the same as beating Hal Jordan (or Kyle Rayner).

Raoul
That's like smacking around no name Lanterns. Impressive on paper but not exactly the same as beating Hal Jordan (or Kyle Rayner).

true, thats why i said not bad, not super-fantastic...

Tetragrammaton
Originally posted by SevenShackles
I found that to be seriously cheap in the comic, in all 'reality' on how his powers were shown to work he should of been able to use Havoks amped energy to his own advantage. but good guys beat bad guys. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Vulcan manipulates energy but there's no reason to believe he can manipulate energy on any scale he pleases. That's all I'm really saying here.

norrinradd43

Yeah, Havok was amped up but I doubt he was more powerful than Kyle. Has Vulcan even beaten anyone on Kyle's level? I think that whole Havok vs Vulcan thing is PIS anyway because hasn't it always been that Mutant powers have no effect on siblings...Havok and Scott have never been able to hurt eachother directly with their powers...same with Black Tom and Banshee...Unless there is a retcon I am not aware of.

Tetragrammaton
Originally posted by norrinradd43
I think that whole Havok vs Vulcan thing is PIS anyway because hasn't it always been that Mutant powers have no effect on siblings...Havok and Scott have never been able to hurt eachother directly with their powers...same with Black Tom and Banshee...Unless there is a retcon I am not aware of.
As far as the Summers are concerned, the immunity rule only applies to Scott and Alex.

norrinradd43
Thats kinda silly...its one of the oldest rules in mutantdom lol

Raoul
As far as the Summers are concerned, the immunity rule only applies to Scott and Alex.

yup.

norrinradd43
It applied to Black Tom and Banshee though

Raoul
It applied to Black Tom and Banshee though

even so, vulcan isn't immune to his brothers powers iirc...

norrinradd43
I stand corrected...still kinda silly imho...as for the fight, I think Vulcan wins...I created this thread a long time ago, back when the Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar was in its second issue. Back then everybody was saying Lantern easily...I say it now as I did then, Vulcan wins...I think i said it was Hal in my thread which I suppose makes a difference.

SevenShackles
I stand corrected...still kinda silly imho...as for the fight, I think Vulcan wins...I created this thread a long time ago, back when the Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar was in its second issue. Back then everybody was saying Lantern easily...I say it now as I did then, Vulcan wins...I think i said it was Hal in my thread which I suppose makes a difference.

yeah i think Vulcan can hold his own with a green lantern, but il admit VS Kyle and VS Hal makes a difference. i see Vulcan taking more victories from kyle than Hal.

psycho gundam
the only question is if vulcan can manipulate the emerald energy of a lantern, if so kyle is committing suicide.

Tetragrammaton
Do you guys think Vulcan could beat the Surfer? Genis? Hell, Odin? Just wondering how high you want to try and sell his power description.

psycho gundam
it's unknown at this point, speculation debates go nowhere

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by psycho gundam
the only question is if vulcan can manipulate the emerald energy of a lantern, if so kyle is committing suicide.

Kyle can also control the energy that his ring uses . . .

Tetragrammaton
it's unknown at this point, speculation debates go nowhere
No shit. You don't think saying Vulcan beats one of the top heroes in comics based on his power description is a little crazy?

SevenShackles
No shit. You don't think saying Vulcan beats one of the top heroes in comics based on his power description is a little crazy?

my logic in saying vulcan can pull a victory is more based off the different types of energy he has been able to use, how he deflects and absorbs energy. i mean if a guy like major force can fight kyle and Hal why cant Vulcan? of course the possibilities of his powers come up but thats mostly what iv been thinkin of when i said he could pull a win.

just in case your referring to me in that lol. i have given it a bit thought eek!

Tetragrammaton
A guy like Major Force is no match for Kyle when he gets serious. That's been shown a number of times.

But actually, based on feats, Major Force would beat Vulcan.

psycho gundam
so...you think kyle win win right? that post was somewhat ambiguous.

Tetragrammaton
so...you think kyle win win right? that post was somewhat ambiguous.
I think any top tier character beats Vulcan based on his lack of feats against other top tier characters.

psycho gundam
^well, vulcan won't win a majority...yet

Mindset
Surfer? Genis? Hell, Odin?

One of these characters seem out of place...

Tetragrammaton
Out of context posts ftw.

Mindset
Do you guys think Vulcan could beat the Surfer? Genis? Hell, Odin? Just wondering how high you want to try and sell his power description.

One of these characters seem out of place...

Tetragrammaton
That post isn't hard to understand, chief. Actually, it couldn't be more obvious in its purpose.

Mindset
I understand it perfectly.

lol, chief

leonidas
Do you guys think Vulcan could beat the Surfer?

everyday, 6 times on sunday

pft, please. don't waste vulcan's time

shutdown electrical energy in the blue-hair's brain . . . anyone say ODIN SLEEP?? zzzzzzzzzzz . . . zzzzzzzzzzz . . .

it's BEYOND omega!! he can whoop ANYONE'S a$$ . . . easily . . . damn, man. get with the program already and stop being a hater.

shifty

complexbrother
Vulcan

Tetragrammaton
Leo sad

Estacado
Vulcan.

Tetragrammaton
This place fails.

xmarksthespot
Vulcan.

I'm hungry too.

SevenShackles

given the nature of Vulcans powers couldnt he manip/absorb the power cosmic from surfer? evil face

Tetragrammaton
Originally posted by SevenShackles
given the nature of Vulcans powers couldnt he manip/absorb the power cosmic from surfer? evil face
That's why I brought up those other guys. If you think Vulcan gets the win over Kyle solely because he manipulate energy (and thats the only reason anyone has given) then you'd also have to say he could beat Surfer, Genis or any other character who relies on energy.

In other words, this thread is insane.

ExodusCloak
That's why I brought up those other guys. If you think Vulcan gets the win over Kyle solely because he manipulate energy (and thats the only reason anyone has given) then you'd also have to say he could beat Surfer, Genis or any other character who relies on energy.

In other words, this thread is insane.

I don't think anyone seriously believes Vulcan can win based on his current showings it looks like they're just trying to get your goat.

Although if he does turn out to be the "Big Bad" for the 3rd Volume of Annihilation then Vulcan may eventually have a case.

Tetragrammaton
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
I don't think anyone seriously believes Vulcan can win based on his current showings it looks like they're just trying to get your goat.

Although if he does turn out to be the "Big Bad" for the 3rd Volume of Annihilation then Vulcan may eventually have a case.
I know some guys are joking but not all of them.

There's another Annihilation coming?

ExodusCloak
I know some guys are joking but not all of them.

There's another Annihilation coming?

Well that's what Chris Yost and one of the X-Editors(Nick Lowe) let slip when they were asked by the Annihilation Editors if they could use Phoenix(Jean Grey). The X-Editors said hell no, and then dumped Rachel Grey with a fragment of the Phoenix Force in space and now Vulcan declared war on the Universe.

And from the looks of it the Celestials might be involved as well.

Ricardo Potter
Depends if Vulcan can control energy on GL's level.

If not he loses.

llagrok
Kyle is shit.

Estacado
Originally posted by Ricardo Potter
Depends if Kyle can control energy on Vulcan's level.

If not he loses.
Fixed.biscuits

Mindset
Originally posted by Ricardo Potter
Depends if Kyle can control energy on GL's level.

If not he loses.

What?

Ricardo Potter
Kyle is pretty good.

And thanks for pointing that out lol.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Well that's what Chris Yost and one of the X-Editors(Nick Lowe) let slip when they were asked by the Annihilation Editors if they could use Phoenix(Jean Grey). The X-Editors said hell no, and then dumped Rachel Grey with a fragment of the Phoenix Force in space and now Vulcan declared war on the Universe.

And from the looks of it the Celestials might be involved as well.

Thank god. Let the ***** stay dead. .......I have a sinking feeling they're going to pull something like a what-if and give Vulcan the Phoenix Force. sick

Until further notice, Vulcan is a punk. And putting him against a legit top tier, or hell, even a mid herald, is a joke.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.