Sith skin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Man of Christ
is it a cannon sith trait for your skin to get pasty the closer you get to the darkside?
why does it happen in kotor but not anywhere else?

Tangible God
Because KoTOR's designers didn't have any other way to accurately depict the character's descent into evil. Physical alterations were the most convenient and viable. The game being an RPG, you can understand where they're coming from.

Palpatine's is a result of a blast of lightning, I'm frankly amazed he isn't charcoal coloured.

In-Universe explanation for KOTOR: I honestly don't know. Revan and the Exile hate some bad Rodian-burgers or something.

Lt. Valerian
I thought it actuallly happens in some people. I bet Asajj Ventress wasn't like that when she was a Jedi... or Bane when he was a miner.

Light_Sith
Originally posted by Lt. Valerian
I thought it actuallly happens in some people. I bet Asajj Ventress wasn't like that when she was a Jedi... or Bane when he was a miner.

On that note, what is up with Bane always wearing Make-up?

xxxpoppunker182
he's the original emo

Captain REX
"Nobody understands! I want to be in charge! I hate you all!"

It makes sense.

The general idea is that the Dark Side is unnatural and unhealthy, originating with the Emperor looking like an ancient, decaying old man and Darth Vader being trapped in an iron lung without his skin seeing the light of day for twenty years.

Ventress, I believe, is a species that is already albino in skintone, but her depiction follows the idea of followers of the Dark Side looking sickly. Maul looks unnatural in a different way, with his ritual tattoos, but his teeth and his horns give off the appearance of rotting bone. Dooku... is just really old...

Light_Sith
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
he's the original emo

Wrong.

Emo's take female hormones to look girlish (Skywalkers).

Bane just liked to dress up.

xxxpoppunker182
emo, cross dresser, whats the difference?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Tangible God
Because KoTOR's designers didn't have any other way to accurately depict the character's descent into evil. Physical alterations were the most convenient and viable. The game being an RPG, you can understand where they're coming from.

Palpatine's is a result of a blast of lightning, I'm frankly amazed he isn't charcoal coloured.

In-Universe explanation for KOTOR: I honestly don't know. Revan and the Exile hate some bad Rodian-burgers or something.

QFT

Kapton JAC

The Majority of Bane's life was lived in the dark Cortosis mines, odds are that not only that you lost your hair in the mines but that your skin pigment became incredibly pale, since you were so rarely in the sunlight (Well at least in Bane's case since he worked the day-shift.) After several decades of working in the mines, you probably effectively albino.

Ofcourse It could also be explained that the dark side effects its users differently. For example some sith had the "Sith Eyes" (Maul, Anakin on occasion) but some didn't (Dooku, Palpatine, Anakin on occasion).

caedusrulesall

I agree with Kapton JAC on why Bane had pasty skin. Oh, and Asajj Ventress had that pasty, bald freakishness always, since those are traits of her species (Ratattak).

Darth Caedus has Sith eyes too, as do Darth Revan, Darth Malak, and a bunch of others.

Lt. Valerian
Originally posted by Kapton JAC
but some didn't (Dooku, Palpatine, Anakin on occasion).

In his appearance in ROTS, at least, Palpatine was portrayed with Sith eyes.

"His avatar was the image of a man who had succumbed to the physical corruption that sometimes affected those who delved too deeply into the power of the dark side." -

Enough said.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.