New Eternals series.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr. Slippyfist
http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=8889

Finally.

This looks pretty promising... to me anyway.

guy222
Huge Celestial fan. This series gonna rock

I'll be waiting for Tiamut's judgment

kevdude
this should be good i'll pick it up, the Eternals are back

Endrict Nuul
What is this series aboot?

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
What is this series aboot? Seemingly a continuation of Neil's series.

Which using that, and the link... Tiamut.

Martian_mind
Woot

manjaro
anything without niceszia(sp) art and im in wink that guy sucks king kong sized ass

Endrict Nuul
Just checking these guys out. These guys are uber powerfull aren't they? They look like than can kick some JLA asses.

I am going to add them to my list.

guy222
Celestials created the Eternals and Deviants. Tiamut made Makkari

Its gonna rock

Odin/Thor better stay out of Celestial affairs

King_Mungi
Eternals tie-in:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=92&disp=table

.....some more pages:

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=153405

manjaro
wait, wait ...i take it back, i think ive been confusing niceza with romita Jr. thats the guy who sucks ass.. with his square faced, thin slitted eyes, rectangular mouthed characters

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by manjaro
wait, wait ...i take it back, i think ive been confusing niceza with romita Jr. thats the guy who sucks ass.. with his square faced, thin slitted eyes, rectangular mouthed characters

Yeah, I know EH! Romita Jr. sucks ass and that's why I don't like WWH.

roughrider
Looks like they're returning to their old outfits, from the cover art.
Oh well; Sersi looks hot as always. wink

And John Romita Jr. is just one of those artists with a unique style, that either turns you off completely, or you think is cool - like Frank Quitely.
After many years, I've decided it's cool.
(His X-Men run in the 80's & 90's notwithstanding.)

id369
Neil's series was vary interesting. Hope it does not disappointed

Priest
Should be good.

tjcoady
Gaiman's Eternals series was literally the single worst thing I've ever read that Gaiman's written. It was unmotivated, boring, lackadaisical, and just not fun. At first I thought that I felt that way just because I was disappointed that it was Gaiman work and NOT great, but in retrospect, it really just wasn't very good.

Hopefully this'll be better.

-K-M-

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by guy222
Huge Celestial fan. This series gonna rock

I'll be waiting for Tiamut's judgment

The Celestials are cool.

I would love for Galactus to be involved somehow. A big showdown between him and Tiamut would be awesome.

The Fake Macoy
I'm looking forward to this series. Gaiman's series at first I thought was starting off slow... but then it never really went anywhere.

I find it odd that any eternals would follow Druig, considering he was crazy and Ikaris killed him for a reason. After reading the first and second Eternals series, I think they need to have a lot more action and a lot more of Ikaris eyebeaming people to death.

tjcoady
Agreed with above. As much as I'm all for character re-vamping and new ways of looking at them, the Eternals should act like Kirby characters: shooting eye-beams at each other, screaming about how some piece of terrain is "techno-active (I know that's Morrison, but it's a Kirby character saying it so.... shut up)," using bizarre machines with names like the Destrotube that fire out flames and little balls of krackly Kirby dots, kicking the collective asses of space monsters and dragons, and preferably, this should all take place in a back drop such as oooooouter spaaaace or somewhere with some dinosaurs.

In no regard should they ever act like, say, the Endless, and spend a great deal of time mopping, having the beauty of the world re-affirmed by a thin, pale and underage girl with dark hair who whispers kind words to old men, or agonizing over the concept of change for seventy five issues.

manjaro
that chick that makkari is so head over heels over wasnt it revealed that she was a gi-normous whore... who slept with "all the hetero-sexual members of the eternals" wow that guy reminds me of eminem who just cant let go

Martian_mind
Well,isn't she like a million,and there's only supposed to be a hundred or so Male eternals?

Doing a different one every 10 000 years doesn't make her a whore...

Galan007
Well... At least the art was good.. ermmnone

Bentley
Some Celestial sightings:

http://creative.myspace.com/groups/_mcb/mycupojoe/week013/eternals2.pag8.jpg

Nihilist
a bit of a poor start imo

Utrigita
They have changed there appearance they look more robotic now.

guy222
Good story and art. Lots more to come

Utrigita
Do you share guy?

guy222
Hey buddy

How u been

-K-M-
I like the Celestial that hangs around Machine Man, he's like a foot tall. He might very well just be in MM's head, but still kinda cool stick out tongue

guy222
Celestials are wonders

Utrigita
Good my sister just turned 18 so yesterday was a big day for the family.

guy222
Wish her happy birthday for me, eternal friend

My nephew Andrew is 10

Did u read Eternals #1

Utrigita
No unfortunately not as mentioned before it takes a war before I get new comics in a year ore two it will be able to me, perhaps sad

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Yeah, I know EH! Romita Jr. sucks ass and that's why I don't like WWH.

Really?! That's the ONLY reason?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Bentley

http://creative.myspace.com/groups/_mcb/mycupojoe/week013/eternals2.pag8.jpg looks like the celestials gave that race the idea for guitars and segways.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Really?! That's the ONLY reason?

Yup...

Shadow_King
it looks interesting, yet i know absoluetly nothing about the eternals, who are they?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Shadow_King
it looks interesting, yet i know absolutely nothing about the eternals, who are they? in short, they were a race of beings created by the celestials when they experimented on proto-humans millions of years ago. they can manipulate cosmic energy and are godlike so they throughout history were confused with the popular pantheons gods all over the world, and their leader cronus created a powerful cosmic energy powered machine that backfired causing his "death" but also gave the entire race of eternals that were present immortality .

they settled in olimpia greece where the olympian god's dimensional rift resides to their mystic mount olympus realm and made a pact with the gods to be their representatives since belief in the olympian gods was lessening due to Christianity.

Juntai

http://creative.myspace.com/groups/_mcb/mycupojoe/week013/eternals2.pag8.jpg That Celestial is riding the Astro-Harness.

Uatu76
Weren't the Celestial's traditionally portrayed as organic or at least semi-organic in nature? If remember correctly inside of Exitar were Thor-sized organisms that acted as his immune system. Now I see in Guardians of the Galaxy #1 Knowhere is housed iside of a severed celestial head that has conduit and other "robot"-like wires coming out of the neck....did they change what celectials consist of or have I always thought wrong about what they were made of?

Shadow_King
Originally posted by psycho gundam
in short, they were a race of beings created by the celestials when they experimented on proto-humans millions of years ago. they can manipulate cosmic energy and are godlike so they throughout history were confused with the popular pantheons gods all over the world, and their leader cronus created a powerful cosmic energy powered machine that backfired causing his "death" but also gave the entire race of eternals that were present immortality .

they settled in olimpia greece where the olympian god's dimensional rift resides to their mystic mount olympus realm and made a pact with the gods to be their representatives since belief in the olympian gods was lessening due to Christianity.

now these eternals sound really interesting.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Uatu76
Weren't the Celestial's traditionally portrayed as organic or at least semi-organic in nature? If remember correctly inside of Exitar were Thor-sized organisms that acted as his immune system. Now I see in Guardians of the Galaxy #1 Knowhere is housed iside of a severed celestial head that has conduit and other "robot"-like wires coming out of the neck....did they change what celectials consist of or have I always thought wrong about what they were made of?

I always interpreted it as Celestials can basically be any form they choose to be

guy222
Everyone has a opinion on Celestials. Adds to their mystique

Issue 2 be out soon

ExodusCloak
X-Men/Eternals Crossover:

http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.6252.The_X-Men_Versus_The_Eternals!

Juntai
It'll probably boost sales of the Eternals, but that's still a bad idea.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Juntai
It'll probably boost sales of the Eternals, but that's still a bad idea.

True, I like the Eternals but I would have taken an Inhuman series over an Eternals series.

Juntai
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
True, I like the Eternals but I would have taken an Inhuman series over an Eternals series. I wasn't speaking bad about the Eternals, I was speaking low of putting them into an X Men storyline, where they clearly don't belong.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Juntai
I wasn't speaking bad about the Eternals, I was speaking low of putting them into an X Men storyline, where they clearly don't belong.

Heh stick out tongue, well in all fairness they're both in the West Coast now and the Dreaming Celestial has been showing up in Uncanny X-Men for the last few issues. There's also that plot thread with Magneto and the High Evolutionary stealing something from the Dreaming Celestial.
It one of the few recent crossovers that's been building for a while. I'm guessing we'll see the Eternals in Uncanny when Magneto rears his face again.

guy222
The issue should hit soon

Tiamut signed for the Fulcrum last issue

I'll post some scans in my Celestial thread

Symmetric Chaos

http://creative.myspace.com/groups/_mcb/mycupojoe/week013/eternals2.pag8.jpg

Is that a cosmic ukulele?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I always interpreted it as Celestials can basically be any form they choose to be it could be that thor comprehended it as "anti-bodies" that he fought but really it was the telepathic nudging of the celestial telling thor to leave.

for instance galactus looks like whatever alien perceives him as a member of that alien's race (just 30 feet tall and dressed like galactus), since galactus' true form is beyond sentient comprehension. under his containment suit he's actually a star-like mass of energy, and the celestials are in the same vein as galan is, masses of energy with a "metallic" covering over them in scale anthropomorphic shapes standing 2000 feet tall.

guy222
Last issue was incredible

Next issue be out soon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.