Man finds $140,000 CASH.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
check this shit out...

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=7361009&ch=4226713&src=news

Ushgarak
Well, that story is just good news all around! Did the right thing, happy ending... you sure this belongs on KMC?

Rogue Jedi
well, I think a two grand reward is chicken feed, they should have at least gave him ten grand.

Robtard
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Well, that story is just good news all around! Did the right thing, happy ending... you sure this belongs on KMC?

Pessimist, not a good example for the newbies. Shame on you.

Two grand is a shit reward for the money he returned, they should have given him 10%.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Wow, that was the most boring piece of 'news' I've ever heard about. Let's discuss something about it...Beginning with what?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
Pessimist, not a good example for the newbies. Shame on you.

Two grand is a shit reward for the money he returned, they should have given him 10%. yup......two grand is shit money these days.

I wonder how easy it would have been to keep the money and not get caught.

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
yup......two grand is shit money these days.

I wonder how easy it would have been to keep the money and not get caught.

If no one saw him take it, it would be extremely easy to not get caught.

Rogue Jedi
If no one saw him take it, it would be extremely easy to not get caught. well lets say its you and you decide to keep it. what do you do with it? do you split town? do you hide it and spend a little here, a little there?

ScarletSpeed
I would have took it, but would he have been able to spend it, is the money not like data tagged or anything?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
I would have took it, but would he have been able to spend it, is the money not like data tagged or anything? another good point.

Robtard
If it fell from a Brinks truck and it was only $140,000 (i.e. 500k or more), most likley it was the bank deposit of some company, so the money would be randomly mixed bills and not traceable.

I'd put the majority in a bank's safety deposit box, then deposit smaller sums over a long period of time.

Edit: Another thing to do, make cash withdrawls from your credit card(s), then pay those off with money orders purchased with the found/stolen cash, though I'd get the money orders in a different city. A bit riskier though.

Rogue Jedi
If it fell from a Brinks truck and it was only $140,000 (i.e. 500k or more), most likley it was the bank deposit of some company, so the money would be randomly mixed bills and not traceable.

I'd put the majority in a bank's safety deposit box, then deposit smaller sums over a long period of time. I'd split town. BUT...how hard would it be to get the money past airport security?

Robtard
I'd split town. BUT...how hard would it be to get the money past airport security?

You couldn't carry it on or check it in, as 14 bricks of $10,000 would be an alert to security. I'm also pretty sure it's illegal to carry more than $10,000 onto an airplane without some sort of permit/permission.

So it'd be up to you to stash the cash on your body and hope they don't search you.

Rogue Jedi
You couldn't carry it on or check it in, as 14 bricks of $10,000 would be an alert to security. I'm also pretty sure it's illegal to carry more than $10,000 onto an airplane without some sort of permit/permission.

So it'd be up to you to stash the cash on your body and hope they don't search you. hmm....maybe a cruise ship? dunno how tight their security is.

your plan prolly is the most feasible.

Devil King
The right or wrong thing is not applicable in this case. If you open your wallet and look at the cash, there are unique serial numbers on each bill. These don't just exist for funsies. The minute this guy would have tried to spend the cash or deposite into his own bank account, the feds would have been on him like stink on shit. Returning the money was his only real option.

Rogue Jedi
I'd stow it and bribe someone to fly me into another country, a private jet or sumthin.

ScarletSpeed
I would just go buy a shitload of drugs then sell the drugs = prophet and legal notes. Then when the drug dealer tries to spend it he gets arrested shiftysmile

Rogue Jedi
I would just go buy a shitload of drugs then sell the drugs = prophet and legal notes. Then when the drug dealer tries to spend it he gets arrested shiftysmile and then you would get busted and be there beside him. laughing

ScarletSpeed
and then you would get busted and be there beside him. laughing

how would they catch me though laughing out loud who they gonna believe me a 17 year old boy? or a creepy needle armed drug dealer laughing out loud

Rogue Jedi
how would they catch me though laughing out loud who they gonna believe me a 17 year old boy? or a creepy needle armed drug dealer laughing out loud dont drop the soap. laughing

ScarletSpeed
I would go to a juvenile thingy...whatever you Americans call it laughing out loud

Rogue Jedi
I would go to a juvenile thingy...whatever you Americans call it laughing out loud again, dont drop the soap. crylaugh

BackFire
My Dad found $1000 dollars on the road once.

He spent it on whores and booze.

Then he beat me.

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by BackFire

Then he beat me.

How sweet of him no expression

ScarletSpeed
again, dont drop the soap. crylaugh

Lmao laughing out loud

Rogue Jedi
you soap dropper.... laughing out loud

Robtard
Originally posted by Devil King
The right or wrong thing is not applicable in this case. If you open your wallet and look at the cash, there are unique serial numbers on each bill. These don't just exist for funsies. The minute this guy would have tried to spend the cash or deposite into his own bank account, the feds would have been on him like stink on shit. Returning the money was his only real option.

That really depends, like I said, if it was the deposit on some company which Brinks was taking to the bank, it would be untraceable cash.

The only real cash that banks have, that is traceable, it's money they specifically have set aside in case of a robbery.

Robtard
I'd stow it and bribe someone to fly me into another country, a private jet or sumthin.

You know, $140k really doesn't go that far.

Rogue Jedi
You know, $140k really doesn't go that far. yeah, theres that too.

Devil King
That really depends, like I said, if it was the deposit on some company which Brinks was taking to the bank, it would be untraceable cash.

The only real cash that banks have, that is traceable, it's money they specifically have set aside in case of a robbery.

You mean banks have money set aside for robberies?

Rogue Jedi
You mean banks have money set aside for robberies? a set of marked bills in every drawer.

Robtard
You mean banks have money set aside for robberies?

Ringers, so the crooks take it along with the other cash. The FBI is aware of those ringer's serial numbers. When the thieves spend those bills (slong with the other cash), the Feds can track it and see where the thieves are spending.

Devil King
Is this the reasoning behind the term "Dead Ringer"?

Rogue Jedi
I believe so.

Robtard
Is this the reasoning behind the term "Dead Ringer"?

I highly doubt it.

Rogue Jedi
or maybe not. laughing out loud

Devil King
Christ, it was a joke people.

Rogue Jedi
yes, and I LOL'd.

ragesRemorse
well, I think a two grand reward is chicken feed, they should have at least gave him ten grand.

yeah, really

i would have kept the money, but have returned the bag.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
yeah, really

i would have kept the money, but have returned the bag. stick out tongue

smoker4

Then he beat me.

Yeah but his hands had touched hookers so that means youre not a virgin by proxy

Robtard
Originally posted by smoker4
Yeah but his hands had touched hookers so that means youre not a virgin by proxy

Why do you assume BF's father beat him with his hands? Wait, it'd still count.

smoker4
Why do you assume BF's father beat him with his hands? Wait, it'd still count.

Bardocks hands are the stuff of nightmares

Robtard
Originally posted by smoker4
Bardocks hands are the stuff of nightmares

I have to disagree, there are worse things than shit.

smoker4
jewlol

Grinning Goku

Then he beat me.

Bastard didn't share, huh?

Rogue Jedi
hehehe....BF has to pay for sex.

chillmeistergen
I'd split town. BUT...how hard would it be to get the money past airport security?

Fairly easy, all you'd have to do is put split the money into stacks and put a piece of cardboard on each side - through the x ray thing it looks like books.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Fairly easy, all you'd have to do is put split the money into stacks and put a piece of cardboard on each side - through the x ray thing it looks like books. you done this before? stick out tongue

chillmeistergen
Nah, but I know a fair few people who have done, my parents for instance.

Rogue Jedi
well, if I ever knock over a bank, be ready for a pm from me while I am on the run.... "Hey man, what do I do now!!!"

Robtard
Fairly easy, all you'd have to do is put split the money into stacks and put a piece of cardboard on each side - through the x ray thing it looks like books.

Clever.

Rogue Jedi
criminal. laughing out loud

Creshosk
Is this the reasoning behind the term "Dead Ringer"? http://historymedren.about.com/od/dailylifesociety/a/bod_dead.htm

Quiero Mota

That's why I would keep it all physically somewhere in my house. When you go to a grocery store or a restaurant, how often does the waiter or cashier look at the serial number? Never.

And besides, putting 140k into your account would be stupid and highly suspicious. If a regular working man suddenly got 140k in his checking account one day, that would raise a lot of flags.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
That's why I would keep it all physically somewhere in my house. When you go to a grocery store or a restaurant, how often does the waiter or cashier look at the serial number? Never.

And besides, putting 140k into your account would be stupid and highly suspicious. If a regular working man suddenly got 140k in his checking account one day, that would raise a lot of flags. buried in the cellar, next to the milkman?

Quiero Mota
Fire-proof safe.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Fire-proof safe. Right next to the insurance salesman, in the earthen floor of the cellar?

WrathfulDwarf
The things I could buy with $140.00...

*comic books*

*video games*

*collectible action figures*

*baseball season tickets*

*warhammer armies*

Oh, shucks! Back to reality. sad

Deja~vu
Someone really should give that back to me. I'm homeless now. It's just me and my one boot. sad

SpearofDestiny
check this shit out...

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=7361009&ch=4226713&src=news

****ing ***** be copping my ****ing dough taht ****er ****** ****ing ***** ass nigga

Mr. Slippyfist
The right or wrong thing is not applicable in this case. If you open your wallet and look at the cash, there are unique serial numbers on each bill. These don't just exist for funsies. The minute this guy would have tried to spend the cash or deposite into his own bank account, the feds would have been on him like stink on shit. Returning the money was his only real option. And everyone knows the serial numbers of the money they lost?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
And everyone knows the serial numbers of the money they lost?

"Mr. Slippyfist" huh? Is that a illicit sexual reference to "fisting" or is that a more "macho" version of "Slippy" from the Star Fox games? hmm

moneyhoney
He should have been given at leats 5,000.00 Give some initiative for the rest of us!

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
And everyone knows the serial numbers of the money they lost? I think his point was that when they transport money via armored car or whatever, they keep track of all the serial numbers.

chillmeistergen
Pretty simple really then. Leave the country and have the money converted, book the tickets on a credit card and also the accommodation, change the money bit by bit in a country where cctv is unlikely to be a problem, Thailand for instance.

Rogue Jedi
I prefer the safety deposit box idea, spend a little at a time.

chillmeistergen
I prefer the safety deposit box idea, spend a little at a time.

Change the money into a different currency though and you're basically laundering it, you can spend as much as you want, when you want.

Rogue Jedi
Change the money into a different currency though and you're basically laundering it, you can spend as much as you want, when you want. why change it to a different currency? why not just have the bills laundered to american bills?

chillmeistergen
why change it to a different currency? why not just have the bills laundered to american bills?

If you can launder it that easily, then fair play, do that. You do know money laundering isn't very easy, don't you?

Rogue Jedi
If you can launder it that easily, then fair play, do that. You do know money laundering isn't very easy, don't you? not familiar with it, I am not a criminal.

This reminds me of that movie with John Cusack, where he finds the money the armored car dropped, what was the name of it?

chillmeistergen
not familiar with it, I am not a criminal.

This reminds me of that movie with John Cusack, where he finds the money the armored car dropped, what was the name of it?

Well it basically equates to running the money through a business which is legitimate, so that it comes out looking like legitimate earnings. I don't think that 140k would be enough to do that with, plus, if the serial number thing is a problem - it still wouldn't work.

No idea what it was called.

Rogue Jedi
Well it basically equates to running the money through a business which is legitimate, so that it comes out looking like legitimate earnings. I don't think that 140k would be enough to do that with, plus, if the serial number thing is a problem - it still wouldn't work.

No idea what it was called. yeah, you would have to pay whoever laundered it X amount of the money, wonder what the going rate on that is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.