Thanksgiving Plans?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tex
Anyone going anywhere special for Thanksgiving?
I'm going to El Paso with my folks to see some old family friends who just bought this great country home way up in the hills. They have horses and everything!
Leave today at 4:00, back Sunday!

So before I go, HAPPY THANKSGIVING everybody!!!!!

mah
I'ma do nothing special whatsoever, and it's the same with everyone I know..might have something to do with the day not being celebrated here, except for it being mentioned in the calendar.

LanceWindu
I'm going up to my room to eat while my entire family is downstairs yapping away.

Thomas H
why? thats kind a rude!..?

LanceWindu
My family sucks.

Dexx
i don't even know when the bloody thing is...but i'll probably just hang around the tv and stuff myself with junkfood....i thought i'd try that for a change...

BackFire349
working sad

Dexx
oh..no, not that.....that's safely locked away for a few more years

Captain REX
Poor Backfire. sad

I was supposed to go to Arizona today, but that was delayed to tomorrow due to high speed winds. roll eyes (sarcastic)

BackFire349
yeah it sucks, but oh well, im getting payed time and a half so its fine.

Captain Tupolov
Not too much, just staying at home and eating turkey

BackFire349
no crap captain, windy as hell lately.

mechmoggy
Don't celebrate it here so I may just gatecrash at Tomacco's or maybe Gundy's. Haven't decided yet but its gonna be one of you US posters so beware......

That'll liven things up for some lucky member! big grin

ToMacco
My door is always open for visitors.

Thane Zereil
Some of the American students invited me to one here but each year they complain they cant make stuff right because the ingrediants arent all available here.. Hmm oh well. Pizza for me I think

finti
Dont celebrate Thanksgiving here, we allways known how to catch a turkey

mah
I wonder what they call turkey in Turkey

finti

mah
so that's what they call the turkey too then?stick out tongue

Ushgarak
They call them American Birds.

mah
wow..nice...

Ushgarak
As I just told Mah on ICQ, they are called Turkeys because the settlers who first found them in America thought they resembled a map of Turkey.

mah
now this thanksgiving celebration has been educational too!

Dim
roll eyes (sarcastic) that's the stupidest....oh nevermind.

Ushgarak
It's how it is.

finti

mah
well the settlers in america called it Turkey

finti
that was the bird

Ushgarak
Yeah, but they named it after the country, and they called it Turkey.

finti

Ushgarak
It is Turkey in their language, but whether they are wrong or not is irrelevant because I was simply reporting what they said.

finti

Mujaffa
http://www.sigmakers.co.uk/images/smilies/vba9053.gif

Mujaffa
happy thanks giving everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain REX
Thank you Mujaffa. smile

I should be leaving for Arizona about 11:30 am to 12:00 pm. It's a 6 hour drive. Whoopteedee. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hopefully, my great aunt might have a computer. smile

Thomas H
lets wait and see..

Captain REX
You'll know soon enough. I'll try and check in around 6:00 pm or so...if I'm at my Aunt's house.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.