Green Lantern Hal Jordan vs WWH

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JuanJohnboy
can Hal Jordan stop the Hulk that the Marvel heroes couldnt???

Soljer
Yes.

Endrict Nuul
Yup...

Laminator_X
Uses ring to strip gamma-energy FTW.

Really, there're plenty of ways that the Marvel-squad could've won against WWH too. It was quite the PIS/CIS-fest. But that's fine, Hulk's name was on the cover, so you knew what to expect going in.

Tazer
Yo.

Hal SHOULD, but in-comic they'll have Hal do something stupid like blast WWH *once* and then try to duke it out for the rest of their fight.....

Tazer

guy222
written in a hulk comic, hal loses

skyfather
written in a gl comic hal wins.

Evangel94
Let me pose a different question.

If Green Lantern is not allowed to do the following:

1. Drain the Hulk of gamma radiation (or do anything that would turn the Hulk back into Banner),

2. BFR the Hulk

...could Green Lantern still win and how?

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Evangel94

If Green Lantern is not allowed to do the following

1. Drain the Hulk of gamma radiation (or do anything that would turn the Hulk back into Banner),

2. BFR the Hulk

...could Green Lantern still win and how? whos the chick in your sig?

Soljer

2. BFR the Hulk

With certainty.

By killing him.

TricksterPriest

2. BFR the Hulk

Yes, and still with rediculous ease. However much Hulk can raise his strength, he's vastly outclassed by true herald levelers. A Green lantern beat him at his own game, blast him beyond his ability to regenerate, turn him into a green turnip, remove his brain from his body, etc, etc, etc ad infinitium.

Evangel94
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Yes, and still with rediculous ease. However much Hulk can raise his strength, he's vastly outclassed by true herald levelers. A Green lantern beat him at his own game, blast him beyond his ability to regenerate, turn him into a green turnip, remove his brain from his body, etc, etc, etc ad infinitium.

I don't care if the Hulk loses, but I find that argument a little.....lacking.

Everyone and their mother has tried blasting the Hulk, yet he still survives. And from what I've seen of Hulk's latest little adventure, he seemed to be able to withstand Sentry's attack.

Assuming the current Green Lantern versions, what makes the Green Lantern's ability to hurt the Hulk different from someone like Sentry and rest of the heroes of the past who have also blasted the Hulk?

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Soljer
With certainty.

By killing him.

TricksterPriest

Everyone and their mother has tried blasting the Hulk, yet he still survives. And from what I've seen of Hulk's latest little adventure, he seemed to be able to withstand Sentry's attack.

Assuming the current Green Lantern versions, what makes the Green Lantern's ability to hurt the Hulk different from someone like Sentry and rest of the heroes of the past who have also blasted the Hulk?
With all due respect............Sentry is a punk and a *****. stick out tongue He barely qualifies as low herald.

Even an average GL can beat Hulk. Hulk simply isn't that powerful. The idea of him beating a compedent GL is well....laughable.

guy222
Hulk isn't that powerfulhmm

llagrok

You mean you've never seen the Hulk been knocked out by an energy beam? and since the Shitry couldn't knock him out, Hal Jordan can't?

no

Ricardo Potter

Assuming the current Green Lantern versions, what makes the Green Lantern's ability to hurt the Hulk different from someone like Sentry and rest of the heroes of the past who have also blasted the Hulk? Maybe the argument is lacking because when it sthis obvious its not worth it.

But yes Hal wins.

Ricardo Potter
Originally posted by guy222

Yup. yes

K3VIL
WWH version, the Green Scar was better than any other incarnation, but he's still limited to physical powers, and on Earth except for Sentry and a jobbing Dr. Strange there weren't powerhouses able to defeat him using not just brute strength.A GL has vast energy manipulation abilities for both offensive and defensive purposes, or can create a power armor to engage physical combat.
Hulk's victory happened due to the lack of big guns on the Marvel Earth and his power levels being off the scale considering his previous incarnations.

spetznaz
This is one (just one) example of a situation whereby size does NOT matter.

Think of it ....one normal looking dude wearing a tiny ring with a greenish glow, vs an uber-brawler glowing with green energy and quaking the ground in which he walks on.

Then the normal looking dude thinks a SIMPLE thought, and suddenly the raging green beast is either turned into a skinny white dude by having all that gamma juice filtered, shunted forth into a parallel dimension, or destroyed by having a singularity appear in the middle of his torso that rips him apart on a molecular level and streaking at light speed to an event horizon.

And all the normal looking dude with the tiny ring had to do was just ....well .....THINK!

Size always matters ....unless, ofcourse, you are wearing a power ring connected to the Oa battery and have the will power to back it up.

janus77
WWH ftw, without bfr or gamma siphoning (and there's no proof that a GL could do that, only Surfer seems to be capable of it in Marvel).

Estacado
Hal easily.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by janus77
WWH ftw, without bfr or gamma siphoning (and there's no proof that a GL could do that, only Surfer seems to be capable of it in Marvel).

correction: only SS has *tried it* in Marvel.

wink

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

sure he survives, becuz their atks end b4 they can finish the job. but I recall Vector leaving his green-hued behind looking like a monster-sized Ethiopian back during David's run.

and he withstood Sentrys atk the same way Sentry withstood his....but getting bloody & bruised; I think alot of fans kinda blur on the fact that Sentry *did* put a whuppin' on dat azz, albeit he took 1 himself.

Hulk, regardless of the version, has rarely (if EVER) faced a person with the energy (and matter) manip capabilities of a Green Lantern......and currently he'd be faced against an opponent who has had his restriction from killing REMOVED (Lord help him if he went up against Bodikka.)

Tazer

Alucard25
Originally posted by guy222

Not compared to people like Surfer or a GL.

Tetragrammaton
With certainty.

By killing him.
Lulz. What he said.

Mindset
Hulk takes Hal's ring and absorbs the battery

skyfather
Originally posted by Mindset
Hulk takes Hal's ring and absorbs the battery

you get a LULZ laughing from me for that statement

K3VIL
Originally posted by spetznaz
This is one (just one) example of a situation whereby size does NOT matter.

Think of it ....one normal looking dude wearing a tiny ring with a greenish glow, vs an uber-brawler glowing with green energy and quaking the ground in which he walks on.

Then the normal looking dude thinks a SIMPLE thought, and suddenly the raging green beast is either turned into a skinny white dude by having all that gamma juice filtered, shunted forth into a parallel dimension, or destroyed by having a singularity appear in the middle of his torso that rips him apart on a molecular level and streaking at light speed to an event horizon.

And all the normal looking dude with the tiny ring had to do was just ....well .....THINK!

Size always matters ....unless, ofcourse, you are wearing a power ring connected to the Oa battery and have the will power to back it up.
It's not that easy, Hal would have to highly damage and then restrain Hulk to drain him off, otherwise just siphoning off the gamma radiation won't be enough, considering the heal factor backing up Hulk the process isn't that fast to grant an instant victory.Anyway he takes this 7/10 without jobbing

Lord Feron
We already said no bfr or no to getting rid of gamma juice that may turn banner normal. Hmmm I don't think constanting blasting hulk with energy is gonna cut it I imagine the GL will make constructs to smash down on Hulk constantly i'm talking about alot of large green hammer things just bashing on the hulk or something and GL flying around out of Hulks reach. I assume thats how a battle will go. Does the ring have enough juice to put hulk down and does the strnegth or whatever GL makes to hit Hulk be able withstand a punch from the hulk to keep it from breaking? I don't think GL will easily win but i think he might but someone should try to convince me with a sound argument.
To defend the hulk a bit. Blasting and smashing him with stuff might not hurt him enough for the win and if it doesn't he will get stronger and faster and have a boosted HF. As the battle goes on GL chance of success will go down. The power of the ring may give out before Hulk gets beaten. Once that happens... hang for the GL

Wolvie v Spidey
Hul is strongest one! He wins!

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by spetznaz

I love the various GLs to death but you're giving them far too much credit here erm

Yes, technically that is all within their ability to do but except in extraordinary circumstances to only things the Ring does easily is make constructs and allow flight. I won't deny that they could gamma drain Hulk or knock him into another dimension or what have you, it's just that GLs very rarely fight that way and I've hardly ever seen them do something like that with a "simple thought."

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Yes, technically that is all within their ability to do but except in extraordinary circumstances to only things the Ring does easily is make constructs and allow flight. I won't deny that they could gamma drain Hulk or knock him into another dimension or what have you, it's just that GLs very rarely fight that way and I've hardly ever seen them do something like that with a "simple thought."

this doesnt tell the whole story tho SC: the reason Y we dont see most GLs doing crap like this isnt due to any increased difficulty on their part, but only that its usually easier to handle sh!t thru simple, conventional means and achieve the same result.

and while its been awhile, I seem to recall Hal devolving the Shark in just such a manner.

Tazer

Phantom Zone
I could be wrong but I dont see Hal winning this.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I love the various GLs to death but you're giving them far too much credit here erm

agreed... *kicks GL off pedestal* lol stick out tongue

The Pict
With certainty.

By killing him.

jasofisc
hall is able to amp his strenghth and speed (him battleing it out with mongul and with superman when he took kyle's ring) that would not give him the win though. What it would do is keep him around long enough to either put an entire charge into one blast or atomize the hulk as others have said but hal would need time.

Cerpin Taxt
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
I could be wrong but I dont see Hal winning this.
You're wrong.

Badabing
Originally posted by JuanJohnboy
can Hal Jordan stop the Hulk that the Marvel heroes couldnt??? Hulk loses via: BFR, power drain, transmutation, molecular destabilization, power ring beat down, etc.

Closed.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.