Who are U? DC, Marvel, Dark Horse, Image?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
What are you guys mostly into? If you were to wear a t-shirt, what comic company would you proudly sport?

Are you a Marvel guy?

A DC fanatic?

Explain your allegience, and what are your monthly pick ups?

I'm a DC man myself. I have over 1000 DC comics: Superman, Batman Green lantern, JLA, Aquaman, the flash, Hawkman etc... In addition a growing amount of trade paperbacks. I own a large amount of DVD's as well. I own the entire DCAU (whats availble anyway), as well most of the Superfriends, the filmation stuff, Lois and clark, Batman serials, and the batman and superman films as well.

I like Marvel, but I don't have the cash or time to read multiple issues a month from both companies. I want to buy several TPB's though: Civil war, Infinity gauntlet, Secret wars, and an ass load of x-men and spider-man ones. If they ever release the 1990's Marvel carttons I would also jump on that like a Jack rabbit.

pick ups:

JLA
JSA
TT
GLC
some of the event stuff

when I can:

batman's main books
Superman's main books
Green lantern

ScarletSpeed
Quite hard no expression... I like both I have always preferred Marvel because Spider-man was the very first comic I started collecting I also love Deadpool and most X-Men titles, but as I have gotten older my mind has opened and I find myself reading Superman,The Flash,Batman and most JLA. Overall I would have to say Marvel as it was my first love so to speak laughing out loud I am Ironically wearing a DC t-shirt at the moment (Superman) but Marvel is who I would be most proud to sponsor laughing out loud

Favourite series and Pickups

Ultimate Spider-Man
The Flash - Fastest Man Alive
Deadpool
Cable and Deadpool
The New Avengers
Secret War
Crisis on Infinite Earths
Uncanny X-Men
Spectacular Spiderman(back in the day)
JLA Classified
Amazing Spider-man

Random.

Frank Miller Graphic Novels

Symmetric Chaos
For years virtually everything I knew about comics was Marvel related. X-men, Hulk, FF, Galactus, SilverSurfer. I had heard of DC characters but never of DC (I assumed people like Batman, Superman, Flash etc existed on their own somehow).

At some point I discovered the existance of DC, Image, Vertigo, Mangas and what have you. Right now I read almost entirely DC stuff because it has my favorite characters. Marvel has more characters that I like in total but, excluding Hulk, my all time favorites (and the ones I try to keep up with) are DC characters.

I don't wear T-shirts with stuff on them. Ever no expression

willRules
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I don't wear T-shirts. Ever no expression

sad But everyone will see your man-boobies sick sad sad sad

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by willRules
sad But everyone will see your man-boobies sick sad sad sad

I see what you did there mad

DigiMark007
Like most newbs to comics I was brought up on Marvel, and knew about the Big 3 in DC but not much else. Anymore, I consider myself Wildstorm. Owned by DC, but screw that...WS is separate enough to warrant its own label. Authority is the only series I follow no matter what (I even dropped Spidey recently), as well as the "events," MN'ers solo series, and random Stormwatch/Wildcats stuff.

Martian_mind
DC.

tjcoady
Fairly even split between Marvel and DC. Follow Invincible and a couple other Image titles. Mostly a Vertigo guy.

WrathfulDwarf
Pffft! DC comics....lame.

Eveyone knows I hate them.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I had heard of DC characters but never of DC (I assumed people like Batman, Superman, Flash etc existed on their own somehow).

Haha, I thought the exact same thing. cheers

TricksterPriest
My dad got me my first collection of comics when I was around 8-9ish. it was a sunday paper collection of Batman comics. And a year or two later, 'The Greatest Flash Stories ever told.' I've been a DC head ever since. big grin

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Pffft! DC comics....lame.

Eveyone knows I hate them.

You liar shifty

willRules
Will no expression

Lord Shadow Z
I'm a DC fan. I'll read Marvel comics but as yet I haven't felt the need to buy one.

Eon Blue
More than anything, I consider myself to be a Vertigo fan primarily. I own a couple of Sandman and Hellblazer t-shirts. I also own mini statuettes of a couple of the Endless. It's rather hard to track down good Vertigo merch., though. I wish it wasn't as rare as it is.

Seeing as how I like Vertigo so much, it's only natural that I also consider myself to be more of a DC fan than any other company.

HueyFreeman
Neither. My list varies between them. I find that some months I gravitate more and more towards marvel and other months its DC. Dark Horse, Image and Top Cow usually only grab me for a few different series but not like the big two.

Neo Darkhalen
mine would be marvel, because they have made some great villains over the years and I like Spider-Man and X-MEN.

Zeitgeist
Meh... I like the Indy stuff more than what I generally get from either company, but, if I had to choose, I'd probably go with Marvel.

srug

Citizen V
Marvel.

I grew up with Marvel, after coming to KMC I started to read DC and I've read alot of great Indy stuff; but in the end, I've never really cared half as much about DC or Indy characters as I have Marvel's.

willRules
ditto

OB1-adobe
I have 11 long boxes of DC comics.

I've just been collecting over the years. Though I havn't really been reading them cuz I don't like gaps..so I thought I'd wait. I've only read like 10%.

Its getting close though. I have been buying TPB to fill in gaps, and I really only need a couple more to get started on what I call "The Reading".

Right now its "the Sorting" seperating them all by decade, then year, then month, and then hopefully finding what appropiate week they fall into.

its gonna be fun

LatinoStallion
Image all the way *

Scoobless
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
What are you guys mostly into? If you were to wear a t-shirt, what comic company would you proudly sport?
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
I am Ironically wearing a DC t-shirt at the moment (Superman)
lol .... I'm wearing a Punisher shirt at the moment.

LatinoStallion
The reason I voted for Image is because I am a diehard Spawn fan.

Who else can pull off having one major villian for 100 straight issues, and the drama still is diverse and suspensful?

Reason # 1 - Malebolgia has been the major villian from issues 1-100, while most series will only keep a prime villain for no more than 6 or 7 issues. This fued rivals that of Silver Surfer and Galactus in my opinion.

Reason # 2 - Whoever is a Spawn fan will notice that many of Spawn's most hated and dangerous enemies aren't just superpowerful beings such as demons and angels, but regular human beings as well.

The list goes on:

-Jason Wynn
-The Freak
-The Curse
-Billy Kincaid
-Sarah Conners
-Jessica Priest
-Tony Twist

The only other human villain I can think of who is such a threat to the well being of a super hero is Lex Luthor. Otherwise, no one else pops into mind.

Spawn has dealt with people who have been such a huge threat to himself and the people he cares about. Humans who are so evil and influentual that it had taken Spawn much planning to eventually defeat them, despite his incredible powers.

Reason # 3 - The Grey Areas between Good and Evil

DC has a tendency to paint characters black and white, either pure good or evil. Atleast in "Kingdom Come", Wondor Woman and Batman began to take a darker path in thier zealous quest for peace, but most characters in DC, as far as I have seen, can be painted in either "good" or "evil" right away.

Marvel, I think, has done a much better job complicating every character to the point where you can't make a clear distinction. Thanos, Galactus, Adam Warlock - all perfect examples of beings who always fall in between the identity of good and evil.

Image, however, I feel does a better job. Spawn's morality has been an unclear topic throughout the entire series. You can see where he is good, but Spawn also went to Hell for many valid reasons.

I also love how Heaven and Hell are nothing like typical religion portrays them to be in Spawn. Heaven and Hell are simply two warring factions, and Earth is thier chosen battlefield.

Some of the angels are just as cruel and twisted as many of the demons.

In fact the major irony of Spawn is that his greatest enemy, Mammon, is an Angel. A fallen angel, but an angel by race nonetheless. He wasn't born in Hell like the other demons. He once lived in Heaven with his own kind long long ago.

Reason # 4 - I beleive that Spawn is better paced than some of the Marvel and DC titles.

In Marvel and DC we often have a repetition of fancy power displays like that you would see in DragonBall Z. Eventually, this is no longer a big deal, as we've seen it over and over.

In Spawn, they know how to build up to a proper climax. Spawn doesn't always flash around his powers in every issue, and when something big happens...its actually a big deal.

Utrigita
Arboris

Kinneary
Marvel. For the most part, the simple fact that Superman exists in DC absolutely turns me off to the whole universe. But I also feel that Marvel does a better job at relating how super heroes would be received in the real world (I loved Civil War, because I feel its something I should have happened about twenty years after heroes emerged, though the ending was shitty). I've just always felt that Marvel was more willing to delve into that 'gray area' than DC was in regards to good and bad guys.

LatinoStallion
Originally posted by Kinneary
Marvel. For the most part, the simple fact that Superman exists in DC absolutely turns me off to the whole universe. But I also feel that Marvel does a better job at relating how super heroes would be received in the real world (I loved Civil War, because I feel its something I should have happened about twenty years after heroes emerged, though the ending was shitty). I've just always felt that Marvel was more willing to delve into that 'gray area' than DC was in regards to good and bad guys.

thumb up

I agree. DC's few attempts to hit the grey area are Batman, Wondor Woman, and Spectre...that's pretty much all I've recognized. They're still way too black and white when it comes to the concepts of good and evil.

Badabing
Originally posted by OB1-adobe

Are you a Marvel guy?

A DC fanatic?

Explain your allegience, and what are your monthly pick ups?

I'm a DC man myself. I have over 1000 DC comics: Superman, Batman Green lantern, JLA, Aquaman, the flash, Hawkman etc... In addition a growing amount of trade paperbacks. I own a large amount of DVD's as well. I own the entire DCAU (whats availble anyway), as well most of the Superfriends, the filmation stuff, Lois and clark, Batman serials, and the batman and superman films as well.

I like Marvel, but I don't have the cash or time to read multiple issues a month from both companies. I want to buy several TPB's though: Civil war, Infinity gauntlet, Secret wars, and an ass load of x-men and spider-man ones. If they ever release the 1990's Marvel carttons I would also jump on that like a Jack rabbit.

pick ups:

JLA
JSA
TT
GLC
some of the event stuff

when I can:

batman's main books
Superman's main books
Green lantern DC and Marvel.

Avengers
Batman
Batman/Superman
Fantastic Four
Ghost Rider
Green Lantern
Green Lantern Corps
Hulk
JLA
Spider-Man
Superman
Thor
Wolverine
52/Countdown/Final Crisis
Invasion

Most minis associated with my monthly comics, Captain Marvel & Namor minis and most comics associated with 52/Countdown/Final Crisis and Invasion.

I also read JLA Classified, X Men, Captain America, Action Comics, Detective Comics and other minis during good arcs or when I have the time.

I have a Punisher sweat shirt and Superman T shirt.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.