Daredevil vs. Wildcat Boxing Match

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

thadarknite84
Who wins?

tkitna
I dont think Wildcat can with this fight.

DD 10/10 even if it is boxing

-K-M-
Does Daredevil get his radar sense for this?

Battlehammer
DD

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by -K-M-
Does Daredevil get his radar sense for this?

I think this would be an excellent fight... hey Mungi if DD didn't have his radar sense he wouldn't be able to beat Aunt May... I mean unless something has changed these days and he doesn't require it any longer. Does he?

brainchild81
Originally posted by tkitna
DD 10/10 even if it is boxing

Martian_mind
if it's only Boxing,i give it to Wildcat.

-K-M-
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
I think this would be an excellent fight... hey Mungi if DD didn't have his radar sense he wouldn't be able to beat Aunt May... I mean unless something has changed these days and he doesn't require it any longer. Does he?

He has shown to be highly skilled without his radar, but that wasn't the point I was asking. I was asking are the stipulations where it's a boxing match to see who is more skilled in boxing itself. So DD could see and has to rely on his "boxing" skill to fight or does he get all his abilities

thadarknite84
He has shown to be highly skilled without his radar, but that wasn't the point I was asking. I was asking are the stipulations where it's a boxing match to see who is more skilled in boxing itself. So DD could see and has to rely on his "boxing" skill to fight or does he get all his abilities

Only his boxing skills.

Battlehammer
DD boxing one of his most mastered style of fighting. He also has been training in it the longest and at a pritty young age.

-K-M-
DD is going to beat the former heavyweight champion of the world?.......?

thadarknite84
Batman trained under Wildcat, so that saids a lot about Wildcat's boxing skills. I think he could take it.

-K-M-
I most definetly think he can win in a boxing match

thadarknite84
Originally posted by Battlehammer
DD boxing one of his most mastered style of fighting. He also has been training in it the longest and at a pritty young age.

Wildcat is older and he is more experienced.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by thadarknite84
Batman trained under Wildcat, so that saids a lot about Wildcat's boxing skills. I think he could take it. i thought wildcat trained black canary

thadarknite84
Originally posted by spidey-dude
i thought wildcat trained black canary

He did, and he also trained Batman in boxing.

brainchild81
Only his boxing skills. try to put that in the 1st post next time. WC wins

spetznaz
Originally posted by spidey-dude
i thought wildcat trained black canary

Wildcat has trained several people, the most important being Bruce Wayne.

thadarknite84
Originally posted by brainchild81
try to put that in the 1st post next time. WC wins

Well the tile does say "boxing match". What other skills would you use in a boxing match, if not boxing? You can't box with your feet.

TricksterPriest
Even with his radar sense, I think Ted Grant could take it.

psycho gundam
dd's father was a heavyweight boxing contender and trained him for years. wildcat would still win though but dd's powers/agility give him the advantage, i see wildcat using his experience to wear down dd's speed.

spetznaz
DD boxing one of his most mastered style of fighting.

And guess what style Wild Cat is the master of? It is almost as if we are talking about Alfred here ......WildCat is the premier master of boxing in DC.

He also has been training in it the longest and at a pritty young age.

Once again, we are talking about WildCat and boxing here. He has trained in boxing FAR longer than DD (oh ....how many lifetimes do you think WC has had ......), and in skill terms he lis exemplary.

Now, I have no problem if you said DD would defeat him (although in my opinion WildCat would defeat DareDevil if it was a boxing match .....he could school Matt in boxing easily). The problem i had with the post was the whole 'DD has mastered boxing' (as if WildCat is some rank amateur) and 'DD has been training in it the longest and from a young age' (when WildCat has decades of experience on Daredevil.

That stank of either bias, or a total lack of understanding of who WildCat is.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by spetznaz
And guess what style Wild Cat is the master of? It is almost as if we are talking about Alfred here ......WildCat is the premier master of boxing in DC.

Once again, we are talking about WildCat and boxing here. He has trained in boxing FAR longer than DD (oh ....how many lifetimes do you think WC has had ......), and in skill terms he lis exemplary.

Now, I have no problem if you said DD would defeat him (although in my opinion WildCat would defeat DareDevil if it was a boxing match .....he could school Matt in boxing easily). The problem i had with the post was the whole 'DD has mastered boxing' (as if WildCat is some rank amateur) and 'DD has been training in it the longest and from a young age' (when WildCat has decades of experience on Daredevil.

That stank of either bias, or a total lack of understanding of who WildCat is.
you really need to stop this.

Honestly this is the second time in a week you have completely miss interpreted what I sad. I did not say wild cat was not skill nor did I say he was an amuature or imply either.

I know you like DC but you get far to defensive and go on little spree's were you state a bunch of crap as if I implied or said it when I did not. so pleases stop it getting out of hand.

Master-Borg

Master-Borg

I know you like DC but you get far to defensive and go on little spree's were you state a bunch of crap as if I implied or said it when I did not. so pleases stop it getting out of hand.

laughing out loud oh man, hilarious

thadarknite84
I think it would be a very good fight. Wildcat in the end will take it 7/10.

brainchild81
Well the tile does say "boxing match". What other skills would you use in a boxing match, if not boxing? You can't box with your feet. DDs radar sense is cut off right? That's not in the title, genius.

grey fox
Wildcat knocks all of DD's teeth out.

thadarknite84
DDs radar sense is cut off right? That's not in the title, genius.

You originally asked about the DD only using his boxing skills in a boxing match, genius. Now you ask about DD's radar sense, calling me a genius like that was your first question. Well I never posted that he couldn't. I guest the reason why you ask is because you think is may make a difference in this fight. Wildcat still takes it 7/10.

Daredevil1
Wildcat is the overall better Boxer in that regard, but I see DD faster and possibly stronger or comparable in strength. Plus his striking feats like busting up concrete to sewer walls are impressive as well. Which would give him the majority IMO.

DD 6/10

brainchild81
You originally asked about the DD only using his boxing skills in a boxing match, genius. Now you ask about DD's radar sense, calling me a genius like that was your first question. Well I never posted that he couldn't. I guest the reason why you ask is because you think is may make a difference in this fight. Wildcat still takes it 7/10. We're getting off on the wrong foot. 1st, I didn't ask you anything @all, genius big grin That was somebody else. 2nd when ya'll talked of DDs "other abilities", one would think (after observing the title & your "only his boxing skills" comment that his Radar was cut off. If it's not, DD takes a definite majority because of his early warning system combined w/his already formidable boxing & if there are any weaknesses @ all on WC, DD will know because of his radar/sonar sense. W/no radar sense WCs superior boxing skills would win.

thadarknite84
We're getting off on the wrong foot. 1st, I didn't ask you anything @all, genius big grin That was somebody else. 2nd when ya'll talked of DDs "other abilities", one would think (after observing the title & your "only his boxing skills" comment that his Radar was cut off. If it's not, DD takes a definite majority because of his early warning system combined w/his already formidable boxing & if there are any weaknesses @ all on WC, DD will know because of his radar/sonar sense. W/no radar sense WCs superior boxing skills would win.

Well asking somebody else makes no sense at all. I'm the thread starter, so who else could've answer that question? Anyway I don't see why DD's radar sense would give him a majority over Wildcat. Seeing as how other people like Bullseye, Elektra, Captain America, and The Punisher have found a way around DD's radar sense. Why wouldn't Wildcat do the same? Wildcat fights meta humans like DD (without any radar) and he has the better boxing skills and experience. It's sad that every time there is a good h2h fight on KMC. Somebody always has to give some other reason why a character will win other than their fighting skills alone. That only saids why they should and would lose the fight in the first place. In a boxing match, the "better" boxer always win. If you can't win a fight with fighting skills alone, to me you just don't have what it takes over the other character. Which is why I'm going with Wildcat 7/10.

starlock
Wildcat for the win

Even with his radar sense, knowing where the punches are coming from does not mean DD will win...added to his superior reflexes might help, but a boxer who is as skilled as wildcat....will win this, There is only so much space within a ring, and there is a score card wink

brainchild81
Well asking somebody else makes no sense at all. I'm the thread starter, so who else could've answer that question?
embarrasment Sweet Christmas. Let me try again to clear this up. I didn't ask you OR ANYBODY anything. Somebody else asked you.

Anyway I don't see why DD's radar sense would give him a majority over Wildcat. Seeing as how other people like Bullseye, Elektra, Captain America, and The Punisher have found a way around DD's radar sense.What kind of records do they have against him?

Why wouldn't Wildcat do the same? Wildcat fights meta humans like DD (without any radar) and he has the better boxing skills and experience. It's sad that every time there is a good h2h fight on KMC. Somebody always has to give some other reason why a character will win other than their fighting skills alone. That only saids why they should and would lose the fight in the first place. In a boxing match, the "better" boxer always win. If you can't win a fight with fighting skills alone, to me you just don't have what it takes over the other character. Which is why I'm going with Wildcat 7/10. That's just silly. What you're supposed to do is be objective & not let feelings get in the way all the time. You are wrong as hell if you don't take EVERYTHING relevant to the thread into account. IF Batman(who I like) fights Supes(who I hate) h2h, I'm not gonna say something childish like "Supes isn't winning this based on fighting skills alone. He doesn't have what it takes to beat Batman." If the thread doesn't say that Supes is missing his super physicality, I'd be just wasting my breath & sounding like a Batfanboy who whines whenever Bats is put in a battle he can't win. "Flash doesn't have what it takes because he can't beat Batman w/out his Super speed" That's tiresome.

DD's gonna have an automatic edge against any normal human that ain't a good bit faster than him. That's just the way it is.

-K-M-
Why is Wildcat being underated again? He has taken on the Injustice Society and beat them all by himself, and his punches have gone through metal before so where is this Daredevil is stronger then him coming from?

TricksterPriest
Not to mention he's punked Vandal Savage.

thadarknite84
Well the tile does say "boxing match". What other skills would you use in a boxing match, if not boxing? You can't box with your feet.

You're making no sense. Why would I post anything without my feelings behind it. Look man I call it like it is. DD's radar sense would only give him a absolute victory, onlt if he has never lost to another human without a radar sense. And that's not the case. It has to come down to fighting (boxing) skills to determine who the winner is. And if Batman or any other character is put in a battle that they can't win is a stupid thread to begin with and a wast of time. And no you didn't ask me, my bad. But you did say to put that (boxing skills only) in the first post, as if the title isn't self explanatory.

brainchild81
Only if it isn't debateable like my hypothetical Supes vs. Batman thread. That'd be like a spite thread. You are supposed to pick the logical winner, not the character you like moreOriginally posted by TricksterPriest
Not to mention he's punked Vandal Savage. I know he can't die, but is he a MA?

thadarknite84
Only if it isn't debateable like my hypothetical Supes vs. Batman thread. That'd be like a spite thread. You are supposed to pick the logical winner, not the character you like more I know he can't die, but is he a MA?

And logical, the better boxer is going to win. As I said, I call it like it is. Wildcat is the Better boxer hands down.

Daredevil1
Why is Wildcat being underated again? He has taken on the Injustice Society and beat them all by himself, and his punches have gone through metal before so where is this Daredevil is stronger then him coming from?

DD's lifting feats like make him stronger like playing with 400 lbs easily like a baton, ripping out a mail box out of the ground, to lifting over a limo. To holding off Lions in holds easily with pure strength.

By pure "strength" feats I'd wager DD is stronger. Striking feats is probably close but DD has the Radar/Senses which would allow him to dodge and hit better for the victory IMO.

Lord Feron
In a boxing match there are rules and things you can't do that DD is accustomed to doing, like kicking flipping, using weapons, and all that jazz. Not saying he can't fight without weapons but its just that he is accustomed to it. I think wildcat fighting style is more like boxing or atleast he is use to that type of fighting.

I say wildcat is a better boxer but DD's ability to dodge stuff with his radar would be a great weapon in a boxing match. I think the strength of the 2 are comparable. Wildcat might take this match... but if it was a all out h2h combat DD ftw! big grin but its not =(

thadarknite84
Originally posted by Lord Feron
In a boxing match there are rules and things you can't do that DD is accustomed to doing, like kicking flipping, using weapons, and all that jazz. Not saying he can't fight without weapons but its just that he is accustomed to it. I think wildcat fighting style is more like boxing or atleast he is use to that type of fighting.

I say wildcat is a better boxer but DD's ability to dodge stuff with his radar would be a great weapon in a boxing match. I think the strength of the 2 are comparable. Wildcat might take this match... but if it was a all out h2h combat DD ftw! big grin but its not =(

Agreed.

Daredevil1
Originally posted by Lord Feron

I say wildcat is a better boxer but DD's ability to dodge stuff with his radar would be a great weapon in a boxing match.

Yeah this fight would probably go to judge decision. But with DD outpointing him, thanks to his Pre-cog via Radar/Supersenses. I just think DD takes it the majority of times. IMO

-K-M-
Originally posted by Daredevil1
DD's lifting feats like make him stronger like playing with 400 lbs easily like a baton, ripping out a mail box out of the ground, to lifting over a limo. To holding off Lions in holds easily with pure strength.

By pure "strength" feats I'd wager DD is stronger. Striking feats is probably close but DD has the Radar/Senses which would allow him to dodge and hit better for the victory IMO.

Wild Cat has tossed a car over his head before, ripped car roofs off, ripped a light post out of concrete sidewalk, and ko'ed grizzly bears with his punches erm

Of course you would erm I take it you don't read much Wild Cat do you?

Daredevil1
Wild Cat has tossed a car over his head before, ripped car roofs off, ripped a light post out of concrete sidewalk, and ko'ed grizzly bears with his punches erm

Of course you would erm I take it you don't read much Wild Cat do you?

Lets see this alleged feats via scan. The DD ones have been seen many times in his stat threads.

Tossing a car over his head sounds impressive.

-K-M-
Lets see this alleged feats via scan. The DD ones have been seen many times in his stat threads.

Tossing a car over his head sounds impressive.

You won't see them for a LONG time, as I already have a few respect treads on the go.

Daredevil1
You won't see them for a LONG time, as I already have a few respect treads on the go.

Well then just say the issue title/number of the car tossing over his head.

Thats a start for now.

Superherovandal
Wildcat would pretty much beat DD in a boxing match. He's the savant of boxing at DC.

thadarknite84
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Wildcat would pretty much beat DD in a boxing match. He's the savant of boxing at DC.

I agree. And boxers with experience>>>>boxers with faster reflex's.

Daredevil1

Thats a start for now.

Daredevil1
DD not only has faster reflexes.

The guy has skill with chi to go with it. And a crazy precog of what your going to do by sensing your muscles of your body.

thadarknite84
DD not only has faster reflexes.

The guy has skill with chi to go with it. And a crazy precog of what your going to do by sensing your muscles of your body.

Wildcat also has chi along with skill. What A list fighter from DC or Marvel doesn't? And DD's radar is not that big of a factor when up against other A list fighter like Captain America. Wildcat is an A list fighter in DC, and he truly is a better boxer than DD. He has so much more experience than DD and skill. Unlike boxing in our reality, Wildcat's age is not a factor neither. He is a more in-shape boxer than any other boxer in their prime.

Daredevil1
Proof for Wildcat using chi?

DD has used chi to cleanse out Electra and heal his broken body at the brink of death both feats occurred in volume 1.

Yes most A-list fighters have ways to telegraph attacks. But don't pretend like DD's isn't better. DD's even sensed things before Spidermans precog.

thadarknite84
Proof for Wildcat using chi?

Is that a serious question? Any time you're punching and breaking through bricks, metal etc. Chi is being used. Especially if you are human.

jrodslam
Is that a serious question? Any time you're punching and breaking through bricks, metal etc. Chi is being used. Especially if you are human.

I dont agree with that. It can possibly be brute strength.

As far as this fight goes, im going to give DD the slight majority. Even without the radar and such.

thadarknite84
Originally posted by jrodslam
I dont agree with that. It can possibly be brute strength.

As far as this fight goes, im going to give DD the slight majority. Even without the radar and such.

No, not at all. Bone density compare to solid metal will not hold up, regardless of how strong a human is. How you explain a man punching trough solid metal, brick etc (not just hitting the surface very hard) without breaking their hand, if chi is not involved? You're going against science and logic.

jrodslam
No, not at all. Bone density compare to solid metal will not hold up, regardless of how strong a human is. How you explain a man punching trough solid metal, brick etc (not just hitting the surface very hard) without breaking their hand, if chi is not involved? You're going against science and logic.

How do i explain a man punching through solid metal? Id call it a flaw in the metal if anything if we're going to bring real life into this. Most likely same for brick although it doesnt take much to punch a brick and knock a piece off. Science and logic? Does everyone believe in Chi? Being able to chanel ones life force energy? I dont think so. Ive accidentally punched a hole in a wall before. Was i channeling and using Chi? I dont think so.

thadarknite84
How do i explain a man punching through solid metal? Id call it a flaw in the metal if anything if we're going to bring real life into this. Most likely same for brick although it doesnt take much to punch a brick and knock a piece off. Science and logic? Does everyone believe in Chi? Being able to chanel ones life force energy? I dont think so. Ive accidentally punched a hole in a wall before. Was i channeling and using Chi? I dont think so.

How would you even Know? And regardless if someone believes in chi or not. It's a proves fact that everyone has the potential to channel and use their life force. Question, do you believe in monks?

Master-Borg
Question, do you believe in monks?

Who doesn't believe there are monks? confused

thadarknite84
Originally posted by Master-Borg
Who doesn't believe there are monks? confused

Monks as in what they have shown to be capable of.

Master-Borg
Monks as in what they have shown to be capable of. such as? the most impressive thing so far I've seen monks do is getting bashed in the nuts repeatedly with no effect.

thadarknite84
Originally posted by Master-Borg
such as? the most impressive thing so far I've seen monks do is getting bashed in the nuts repeatedly with no effect.

That's nothing. I've seen a monk walk into a sword and bending it while moving forward, without it piercing his abdomen.

brainchild81
Wildcat also has chi along with skill. What A list fighter from DC or Marvel doesn't? If everybody is always using chi, why'd you use the term "A list fighter"? DD has shown an above average manipulation of chi. Has WC done anything comparable?

TricksterPriest
Like I said, WC has taken on some powerful foes. In the vandal Savage fight in JSA.....5ish, he ploughed Savage through a building. He also took a few sword strikes. Fight finally ended when he threw Vandal into an on-coming fire truck.

brainchild81
How good of an MA is Savage, TP?

TricksterPriest
Hard to say. He's 50,000+ years old, and he's been involved in most of the great wars in history. I'd say he's a match for any top tier fighter, if only because of experience.

I've seen him throw down with quite a few people. I'm not sure how strong he is nowadays, given that he's been depowered. But I have seen him fight Wally West and do pretty well.

Mindset
He's 50,000 years old?

Where did you get that?

brainchild81
He said 50k+. He was a caveman. How far back is that?

thadarknite84
If everybody is always using chi, why'd you use the term "A list fighter"? DD has shown an above average manipulation of chi. Has WC done anything comparable?

Well because A-list fighters are highly trained to do so. every human has chi, but they are unable channel it due to lack of training. And I never said "always" those are your words.

brainchild81
DD has shown an above average manipulation of chi. Has WC done anything comparable?

TricksterPriest
Dunno. Ask K-M. As far as Savage's age, it's approximately 50,000+, because it's pre- written history and nobody knows the exact date, not even Savage or his main foe, The Immortal Man. There are numerous references to Savage being around at great events in history, such as fighting a Burning Martian that crashed on earth, or his being figures like Ghengis Khan, Caesar, Cheops, etc.

Mindset
Did you just come up with 50k years or was it actually stated before?

thadarknite84

Maybe not. But there is only but so many ways chi can be used in a boxing match.

brainchild81
Maybe not. laughing out loud That's what I thought. & Chi can be used in both offense & defense Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Dunno. Ask K-M. As far as Savage's age, it's approximately 50,000+, because it's pre- written history and nobody knows the exact date, not even Savage or his main foe, The Immortal Man. There are numerous references to Savage being around at great events in history, such as fighting a Burning Martian that crashed on earth, or his being figures like Ghengis Khan, Caesar, Cheops, etc. It still isn't really telling of his actual skill to be honest. A guy who can't die doesn't really HAVE to be all that good.

thadarknite84
laughing out loud That's what I thought. It still isn't really telling of his actual skill to be honest. A guy who can't die doesn't really HAVE to be all that good.

Underrating at its best.

brainchild81
Lack of comprehension at is best. I didn't RATE him @all. How can I be underrating him? Try to make sense sometimes.

jrodslam
I personally dont find Savage impressive h2h wise. Yea hes been around for ages, but with all that time, one would think hes mastered every form of combat on the planet. I havent seen it from him, but if anyone can post otherwise, id love to see it. Something showing that Savage is a high ranked h2h fighter.

norrinradd43
Does Daredevil get his radar sense for this? DD without his radar is a helpless blind guy...he would have to get his radar...maybe not completely helpless, he would still be agile but he couldnt detect shit excepty by smell

-K-M-
I don't recall Wild Cat ever focusing his "chi" in any of his attacks, he's more of a straight brawler

Originally posted by norrinradd43
DD without his radar is a helpless blind guy...he would have to get his radar...maybe not completely helpless, he would still be agile but he couldnt detect shit excepty by smell

Were basing this on pure boxing skill, as who is the more skilled boxer. Read on, as the thread starter explains.

Daredevil1

Thats your theory which I see isn't supported by proof.

Daredevil1

Thats a start for now.

-K-M-
I'll have to look for it, as I don't know the issue number off the top of my head, but it was in either "All-Star Comics" or "Sensation Comics"

How much Wildcat have you read though?

Daredevil1
I've seen his tussles against Bruce and I'm aware of him being the best, in regards to boxing skills.

But I just see DD's Radar/Senses as a precog, plus the speed as very advantageous and would take the advantage the majority of times.

I'll still wait patiently for the issue number sounds impressive and would like to see it.

-K-M-
DD doesn't get his radar here, as the thread starter said "Only his boxing skills."

Don't hold your breath as I would have to go through 100+ comics to find it.

The Fake Macoy
How's Wildcat's endurance right now? I know he has mentioned that he's getting (obviously) older, and a 12 round boxing match is quite grueling. Take Hopkins vs. Calzaghe, which was on the 19th. Hopkins started out strong but as the match went on he got more and more fatigued and Calzaghe won.

I mean, really, this fight isn't going to end in a knock out, it's going to the judges scorecards. I think DD's agility could give him an edge, along with his quicker punches. However, assuming cardio is not a problem for Wildcat, he'll probably be able to win this through tactics and smart fighting.

-K-M-
Wild Cat's stamina, durability is all still top-notch, age hasn't really affected him. Like I mentioned earlier in JSA, he took on the entire Injustice Soceity and won.

brainchild81
DD doesn't get his radar here, as the thread starter said "Only his boxing skills"
Yeah he does. Thread starter said he never cut the radar off.

Daredevil1
DD doesn't get his radar here, as the thread starter said "Only his boxing skills."

Don't hold your breath as I would have to go through 100+ comics to find it.

Next time don't make a claim you can't back up then.

He does get his radar but he has to use it under boxing rules......LOL.

Now your getting desperate. Next you'll say he can't use his speed.

-K-M-
Yeah he does. Thread starter said he never cut the radar off.

My mistake when he said just boxing skills I assumed he meant who was the better boxer

Next time don't make a claim you can't back up then.

He does get his radar but he has to use it under boxing rules......LOL.

Now your getting desperate. Next you'll say he can't use his speed.

Ummm...lulz, click the links in my sig and see how many scans and pics I have. I have no problem backing up scans and facts and I will get the scan, but it's going to take awhile as I have to back read over 100 issues to find it again.

Actually when he said "Only his boxing skills" I assumed it was who the better boxer. I thought the radar wasn't being included here, if it is cool, so how am I being desperate again?

thadarknite84
Lack of comprehension at is best. I didn't RATE him @all. How can I be underrating him? Try to make sense sometimes.

You're saying that WC can't be all that good because he really can't die.That is underrating him.

brainchild81
Read what I wrote again. Understand it. Then get back to me. This is a waste of time if you can't understand what you read.Originally posted by jrodslam
I personally dont find Savage impressive h2h wise. Yea hes been around for ages, but with all that time, one would think hes mastered every form of combat on the planet. I havent seen it from him, but if anyone can post otherwise, id love to see it. Something showing that Savage is a high ranked h2h fighter. Ditto. If he's got knuckle-game like that, I'd like too see some scans.

darthgoober
I'm not a boxing fan so I have kind of a random question for anyone who knows. Is there an actual written rule in boxing saying that you can't flip around the ring and such?

-K-M-
I personally dont find Savage impressive h2h wise. Yea hes been around for ages, but with all that time, one would think hes mastered every form of combat on the planet. I havent seen it from him, but if anyone can post otherwise, id love to see it. Something showing that Savage is a high ranked h2h fighter.

Wait really? How much have you read of Vandal?

-K-M-
Oh and people wanted some scans of Wildcat? Here's him kicking the shit out of Grundy. Yes Solomon Grundy

1. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/JSAClassified035-01.jpg
2. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/JSAClassified035-02.jpg
3. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/JSAClassified035-03.jpg

Starscream M
Oh and people wanted some scans of Wildcat? Here's him kicking the shit out of Grundy. Yes Solomon Grundy

1. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/JSAClassified035-01.jpg
2. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/JSAClassified035-02.jpg
3. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/JSAClassified035-03.jpg whys that impressive? grundy got his ass owned by batman

-K-M-
Originally posted by Starscream M
whys that impressive? grundy got his ass owned by batman

Lulz, and losing to Batman is bad? Batman never made him spit out blood like what Wildcat did

Starscream M
Lulz, and losing to Batman is bad? Batman never made him spit out blood like what Wildcat did but Grundy is not a consistent character

on some days, he's superman level, on others, he's basically no better than a street thug

-K-M-
but Grundy is not a consistent character

on some days, he's superman level, on others, he's basically no better than a street thug

Show me any other time someone has ever done that to Grundy the way Wildcat did, even when he is "street level thug" as you say...which isn't even exactally true.

Daredevil1
Lulz, and losing to Batman is bad? Batman never made him spit out blood like what Wildcat did

I've seen Bruce make a version of Spectre bleed, which is still more impressive then Grundy bleed.

To also making Darkseid bleed, which is now been retconned as a m-body or whatever. But still just as a impressive as Grundys ever changing powerlevel.

-K-M-
I've seen Bruce make a version of Spectre bleed, which is still more impressive then Grundy bleed.

To also making Darkseid bleed, which is now been retconned as a m-body or whatever. But still just as a impressive as Grundys ever changing powerlevel.

Did you read the whole issue? As Spectre allowed that to happen in order to make Batman feel better. He even commented he "allowed" it to happen as even Batman was shocked right after the kick that he even touched him

Yeah, so how is losing to Batman bad again? When he has beat Aquaman and even Amazo hand to hand. Also just to note Wildcat has beaten Batman into a bloddy mess in their training sessions before. I really don't think people have read much Wildcat here.

Just to note in the same issue where Batman made Darkseid bleed he actually lifted up and held onto Highfather's staff, which earlier was said in the same arc would incinerate anyone who touched it. Even Desaad and Darkseid had to wear specially created gloves to handle it, but not Batman.

thadarknite84
Originally posted by darthgoober
I'm not a boxing fan so I have kind of a random question for anyone who knows. Is there an actual written rule in boxing saying that you can't flip around the ring and such?

I believe that you are not allowed, because it is not proper defense use to block, evade, or counter punches. You have to be standing unless you are evading or advancing. No jumping.

-K-M-
Originally posted by darthgoober

Yeah and you can't, basically a fighter has to have their feet planted on the ground. The fighter is not even allowed to do a superman punch

Badabing
laughing out loud oh man, hilarious This wasn't necessary.

Daredevil1
Did you read the whole issue? As Spectre allowed that to happen in order to make Batman feel better. He even commented he "allowed" it to happen as even Batman was shocked right after the kick that he even touched him

Yup that he allowed the hit to happen. Not the blood. So its still impressive because Spectre is greater then Grundy.

Besides Batman defeated Grundy in three punches, and has minor stunned Wonderwoman and had the advantage on Aquaman which is also more impressive then Grundy. Its impressive the feat of Wildcat but not anything "superior" if that was your intent. If it was not your intent then ignore this comment.

The Aquaman feat happened in legends of dc universe 27 and the other in Wonderwoman 212 IIRC.

I wouldn't mind see there training but in there fight Batman had the edge IIRC and caught Wildcat with a right cross and stunned Wildcat as it ended the fight IIRC.

In another fight Wildcat grabbed Bats from behind like a wrestler and told Bat he didn't teach him all his dirty secrets in dirty fighting. As Batman headbutted him with the back of his head which ended the fight I believe.

So Wildcat is good but with the aid of DD's radar/senses I see DD taking the majority IMO.

I'll have to recheck the issue but I don't think that effects the feat, IMO considering Batman did the kick before he grabbed the staff anyhow.

-K-M-
Yup that he allowed the hit to happen. Not the blood. So its still impressive because Spectre is greater then Grundy.

Besides Batman defeated Grundy in three punches, and has minor stunned Wonderwoman and had the advantage on Aquaman which is also more impressive then Grundy. Its impressive the feat of Wildcat but not anything "superior" if that was your intent. If it was not your intent then ignore this comment.

The Aquaman feat happened in legends of dc universe 27 and the other in Wonderwoman 212 IIRC.

Or which makes the most logical sense he made the blood appear, as the King of Tears ripped him apart and I don't recall him bleeding at all. Hell, Spectre really doesn't bleed really at all.

He used pressure points, not punches and didn't do what Wildcat did. Yeah it was to show an impressive feat, not to show he is the be all be all ultimate character.

I know, I even referenced him beating Aquaman earlier. So like I said how is Grundy losing to Batman a bad feat again considering all of Batman's feats?

I wouldn't mind see there training but in there fight Batman had the edge IIRC and caught Wildcat with a right cross and stunned Wildcat as it ended the fight IIRC.

In another fight Wildcat grabbed Bats from behind like a wrestler and told Bat he didn't teach him all his dirty secrets in dirty fighting. As Batman headbutted him with the back of his head which ended the fight I believe.

So Wildcat is good but with the aid of DD's radar/senses I see DD taking the majority IMO.

I'm thinking of making a Wildcat respect thread, but he has to many comics to cover so I doubt I will.

I recall that, but Wildcat wasn't out that just ended the fight , and I think Batman mentioned something about Wildcat taught him to fight dirty.

I thought this was without radar, but yeah if he has it I can see him taking a majority, but it definetly would be close

I'll have to recheck the issue but I don't think that effects the feat, IMO considering Batman did the kick before he grabbed the staff anyhow.

It's a mention Batman was doing insane level feats, which by all accounts he shouldn't

Starscream M
So like I said how is Grundy losing to Batman a bad feat again considering all of Batman's feats?

its not a bad feat...but it shows that someone like DD could take down those 'versions' of Grundy as well, with his MA skill and pressure point knowledge. Taking down weak grundy aint nuthin to write home about.

-K-M-
its not a bad feat...but it shows that someone like DD could take down those 'versions' of Grundy as well, with his MA skill and pressure point knowledge. Taking down weak grundy aint nuthin to write home about.

Ummm..your the one who said it wasn't impressive, as even Batman beat him. Which isn't exactally accurate as he didn't punch Grundy out like what Wildcat did with his boxing skills. Pressure points and MA skills are pointless in a boxing match, and guess what this match is? oh yeah a boxing match, now do you follow?

What issues did "street-level" Grundy take place, as I bet money you didn't read the issues as in the Batman vs. Deathstroke thread your account of events are dupious at best.

Starscream M

What issues did "street-level" Grundy take place he appeared in the superman batman comic I believe.

Starscream M
Pressure points and MA skills are pointless in a boxing match, and guess what this match is? oh yeah a boxing match, now do you follow?

Pressure points are useful in boxing as it makes a huge difference where you land your punches. Also DD's MA skills indirectly help him deal defensively in this match.

-K-M-
Pressure points are useful in boxing as it makes a huge difference where you land your punches. Also DD's MA skills indirectly help him deal defensively in this match.

Ummm..what? I take it you never have boxed before let alone watched it.

Endulge me, how are you going to his pressure points wearing 14 oz to 20 oz gloves? Especially the way Batman and Daredevil hit pressure points

Starscream M
Ummm..what? I take it you never have boxed before let alone watched it. actually I have boxed before, and it makes a difference where you land your punches to inflict maximal damage. Some areas can easily disorient a person without max force, other areas can do a lot of collateral damage (ie liver shots)

Muck101
Wildcat has -decades- of fighting experience over Daredevil. In a normal fight, DD wins. But if its boxing, WC wipes the floor with him.

-K-M-
actually I have boxed before, and it makes a difference where you land your punches to inflict maximal damage. Some areas can easily disorient a person without max force, other areas can do a lot of collateral damage (ie liver shots)

Oh right, I forgot your a vigilante that patrols the streets. Ummm....lulz, nice dodge. How are you going to hit pressure points again with the gloves? A liver shot is not a pressure point it's a high impact force located in a specific area, NOT a pressure point. By that logic I could punch someone on the chin and say it was a pressure point.

Starscream M
Oh right, I forgot your a vigilante that patrols the streets. Ummm....lulz, nice dodge.

irrelevant to the debate.

How are you going to hit pressure points again with the gloves? A liver shot is not a pressure point it's a high impact force located in a specific area, NOT a pressure point. By that logic I could punch someone on the chin and say it was a pressure point.

I would consider a temple shot a pressure point.

Troop
Wait your a vigilante? laughing out loud

-K-M-
I would consider a temple shot a pressure point.

Except a temple shot disorients the brain from the concussive force directly to it, not by having a pressure point hit. So once again....no.

Starscream M
Except a temple shot disorients the brain from the concussive force directly to it, not by having a pressure point hit. So once again....no. no, actually there's a sensitive nerve cluster around the temple region...which is why a blow there is much more effective then say a blow of equal force to the chin

-K-M-
no, actually there's a sensitive nerve cluster around the temple region...which is why a blow there is much more effective then say a blow of equal force to the chin

Wrong, when someone gets hit on the chin or the temple it jars the brain causing it to collide with the inside of your skrull and while it bounces around this causes people to be knocked out or disoriented. So once again...no.

Hitting someone directly on the chin can instantly knock a person out erm

Starscream M
Wrong, when someone gets hit on the chin or the temple it jars the brain causing it to collide with the inside of your skrull and while it bounces around this causes people to be knocked out or disoriented. So once again...no. how many years have you boxed?

-K-M-
how many years have you boxed?

4-5 years, havn't done it in years though but still faithfully follow it as well as MMA

Starscream M
4-5 years, havn't done it in years though but still faithfully follow it as well as MMA alright, then I take your word for it. btw, I don't think DD wins...I'm just saying his knowledge of pressure points and MA isn't completely useless.

-K-M-
alright, then I take your word for it. btw, I don't think DD wins...I'm just saying his knowledge of pressure points and MA isn't completely useless.

The temple has a nerve cluster and hitting it does hurt, but the reason people get knocked out is their brain being jarred from colliding with the inside of their skrull.

His MMA skill would help with his foot work, but most of his skills would be negated as he can't fully use his agility, kicks, ground work, submissions, etc.

brainchild81
DD punches him dead in the sternum

Daredevil1
Or which makes the most logical sense he made the blood appear, as the King of Tears ripped him apart and I don't recall him bleeding at all. Hell, Spectre really doesn't bleed really at all.

Nope check the scans he did make Spectre bleed. But Spectre powerlevel can vary at times like Grundy. But its just more impressive with the title that each one holds.

Actually he hit those pressure points with punches and a kick under Loeb. Plus thats not the fight I was referencing too anyhow. Not the Loeb one, but the one were it shows Batman punching upwards three times and putting Grundy down.

I never stated it is a bad feat. On the contrary it as impressive as Wildcats IMO.

Batman stated Wildcat doesn't know dirty IIRC and then hit Wildcat with the back of his head.

Plus there was another fight were Batman had the edge in a fight as he punched him in the end as they both had small spikes on there gloves while fighting.

Agreed but considering not that was not the real Darkseid it makes it somewhat plot. If you think about it Grundy high "end" feats of trading off with Superman and other elite bricks also demonstrate Batman or Wild Cat should not be able to do that to him as well. But the plot or his powerlevel changes as well.

Phantom Zone
Batman trained under Wildcat, so that saids a lot about Wildcat's boxing skills. I think he could take it.

Gawd.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

-K-M-
Nope check the scans he did make Spectre bleed. But Spectre powerlevel can vary at times like Grundy. But its just more impressive with the title that each one holds.

Yeah I know, you missed my point. I said he most likely made the blood appear to make Batman feel better. For 99% of his showings, Spectre doesn't bleed blood as he is already dead and is in fact a spirit. So why would he bleed?

Actually he hit those pressure points with punches and a kick under Loeb. Plus thats not the fight I was referencing too anyhow. Not the Loeb one, but the one were it shows Batman punching upwards three times and putting Grundy down.

Key word, hit pressure points. While Wildcat physically abused him with his punches and forced him to cough up blood. You can't even compare the two, and yeah I know the other instance, and Batman didn't do what WC did

I never stated it is a bad feat. On the contrary it as impressive as Wildcats IMO.

No, but another member did and for some odd reason you kept debating me about it. As he even said losing to Batman is somehow a bad feat

Batman stated Wildcat doesn't know dirty IIRC and then hit Wildcat with the back of his head.

Then there was another time as Batman made comment about Wildcat showing him to fight dirty.

Plus there was another fight were Batman had the edge in a fight as he punched him in the end as they both had small spikes on there gloves while fighting.

When was this?

Agreed but considering not that was not the real Darkseid it makes it somewhat plot. If you think about it Grundy high "end" feats of trading off with Superman and other elite bricks also demonstrate Batman or Wild Cat should not be able to do that to him as well. But the plot or his powerlevel changes as well.

Where did you hear it wasn't the real Darkseid? Sure, but to say it wasn't impressive what Wildcat did was assine. Especially since Alan Scott during the fight was unsure if he could hurt Grundy either.

thadarknite84
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Gawd.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

So do you feel differently? There is no denying it, Wildcat is the best boxer in DC, that's the reason why Batman train under him in the first place. Wildcat is going to win this fight because he is the more experience d boxer, and he has the better boxing skills hands down. Wildcat is also peak human in terms of physical strength. He knocks out meta humans with his bare hands.

Phantom Zone
So do you feel differently? There is no denying it, Wildcat is the best boxer in DC, that's the reason why Batman train under him in the first place. Wildcat is going to win this fight because he is the more experience d boxer, and he has the better boxing skills hands down. Wildcat is also peak human in terms of physical strength. He knocks out meta humans with his bare hands.

meh....if you say so.

Scoobless
Wildcat is older and he is more experienced.

Being older is the opposite of an advantage in a boxing match.

thadarknite84
Originally posted by Scoobless

Wildcat is not effected by his age, he is more in shape than someone in their 20s. You clearly don't know too much about Wildcat do you?

Originally posted by Phantom Zone
meh....if you say so.

I know so.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Scoobless

Not neccesarily in comics.

Marvelknight
Thought i should bring this fight back

namorsubby
boxing match?.......this is way too obvious

grant FTW

Warrior18
Originally posted by namorsubby
boxing match?.......this is way too obvious

grant FTW

For once I agree with you. big grin

namorsubby
well now I feel so much better roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

psycho gundam
daredevil's father was a great boxer in his day, some of it might of rubbed off on his son throughout the years (not too sure). what is known is he can definitely fight with his fists.

anyway, dd's agile and sensitive enough to evade bullseye's aim, dodging around the ring to avoid wildcat shouldn't be a major problem. and wildcat's no ninja, he's going to make normal sounding foot falls and grunts when he throws punches. dd's going to pick up all of that.

it's in no way a one sided bout.

jrodslam
Matt ftw.

snoopdogg
I gotta go with Wildcat.

SuperiorTech
Wildcat

BUSTER1
From what I know of Wildcat I reckon he can take Matt in a boxing fight, but it would be hard going, as Matt's radar sense will help him anticipate WC's punches. He would win by either wearing Matt down for a late stoppage or point victory.

jrodslam
In a non PIS/CIS fight, a boxing match between Wildcat and Daredevil should be like a boxing match between Wildcat and Judomaster.

And even If WC were to land blows on DD, they would be less effective due to DD's speed and dodging ability. If anything, its Wildcat whod wear themselves out just by trying to hit Matt.

iceman24567
Wild cat ftw

The Scribe
Wildcat, world-class heavyweight boxer.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/5608/bb2011820coverthumb.th.jpg http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/736/fnfwildcat.th.jpghttp://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1694/sucka02thumb.th.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.