Sinestro: When and Why?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soljer
So, in times of great peril, the Guardians have turned to Sinestro - one of their greatest enemies - for help.

Several hints have been dropped in recent times that they will soon do so again; not simply the teaming up of the Sinestro Corps and the Lantern Corps, but full reinstatement as a Green Lantern.

Any thoughts? Rumors? Speculation?

tjcoady
Johns and Reiss do keep pointing out how close green and yellow- or will and fear- are on the color spectrum.

And Sinestro has been claiming since the start of the War that everything he did was for the good of the Green Lanterns- making them more organized, making them more prepared for the coming threat of the other corps, making the Guardian's remove the killing restrictions.

But actually making Sinestro a GL again? When was that hinted?

Soljer
Originally posted by tjcoady
Johns and Reiss do keep pointing out how close green and yellow- or will and fear- are on the color spectrum.

And Sinestro has been claiming since the start of the War that everything he did was for the good of the Green Lanterns- making them more organized, making them more prepared for the coming threat of the other corps, making the Guardian's remove the killing restrictions.

But actually making Sinestro a GL again? When was that hinted?

The Guardians were in front of the book of Oa, talking about the prophecy, and there was a picture of Sinestro wielding a (Green) Lantern ring.

Also, in one of the 'tales of the Sinestro Corps' shorts, it's said that Sinestro "was once the greatest green lantern, and will soon be so again. Even if no one realizes it" or something along those lines.

Superherovandal
No that means that he was the one that changed the Corps for the better. So he would be the Greatest lantern again in his eyes by changing the Corps.

TricksterPriest
I don't know.....it's Johns. He's crazy enough that he might actually do it....... shock

SevenShackles
i dont see him getting a green power ring. maybe in some epic event where its a last ditch effort. like all hell breaks loose and they decide to arm an unarmed sinestro with a power ring since it would serve in their best interest. i can even see him being the one to save the day and be considered a hero from then on. but to reinstate him? after all the bullcrap, building him up as enemy#1. i dont think so. hell i think greenlanter corp + Sinestro corp will be stressed to the point for any greenlanter. in the heat of war i dont think it would be that big a issue. but in anything seeming like peace time it would be hard to swallow.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.