Sentinel vs Quasar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

id369
Sentinel (Alan Scott)
vs.

Quasar (Wendell Elvis Vaughn)

Who takes it?

batdude123
Sentinel

Eon Blue
I like your threads, Id. I can tell that you actually think of what some good fights would be instead of mindless one.

Alan Scott.

leonidas
i'm genuinely curious about some of alan's best feats. glanced through his respect thread and saw some pretty good stuff, but hal's and kyle's threads are likely MORE impressive in the way of feats.

a legitimate question: i like alan, but what about him puts him so far above people like hal or kyle or in this case wendel? i read somewhere his power is limited ONLY by his 'willpower'. how is that different from any GL?

id369
Originally posted by Eon Blue
I like your threads, Id. I can tell that you actually think of what some good fights would be instead of mindless one.

Alan Scott.

Ah thanks, I notice that many are quick to post on a curbstomp. While close matches are some what ignored.

Ricardo Potter
Originally posted by Eon Blue

Alan Scott. Unlike Golem.

Ricardo Potter
Originally posted by leonidas
i'm genuinely curious about some of alan's best feats. glanced through his respect thread and saw some pretty good stuff, but hal's and kyle's threads are likely MORE impressive in the way of feats.

a legitimate question: i like alan, but what about him puts him so far above people like hal or kyle or in this case wendel? i read somewhere his power is limited ONLY by his 'willpower'. how is that different from any GL? He has more of it, he wrote the book after all.

Soljer
Alan.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by leonidas

a legitimate question: i like alan, but what about him puts him so far above people like hal or kyle or in this case wendel? i read somewhere his power is limited ONLY by his 'willpower'. how is that different from any GL?

Val said it well recently when he said that Alan is easily the most consistently written GL, and doesn't have the low end showings that even Hal and Kyle are sometimes prone to (especially recently with Kyle). His most impressive feat is probably the Obsidian fight (yes, the one with the book)...his energy literally consumes earth and shoots into space for an indeterminate amount of time. I liken it to the spread on Ultimate Reed's Galactus gun, except the blast radius was even wider. He was also the size of a building for the fight.

His energy was also powering the entire world at one point when he was imprisoned by a JSA foe who re-made the world in his image.

To be fair, his respect thread isn't nearly as comprehensive as Hal or Kyle's. He has more appearances than either of them, but not as much love in the thread. Though their high-end feats rival his (and better him in terms of versatility). So meh.

Sentinel is actually composed of the Starheart energy, which is both energy and magic-based. While as a GL he channels it outside himself...that's the big difference, and the reason Sentinel > GL. Nothing happens to Alan period as Sentinel unless his will is overcome....whereas a regular GL has their constructs but can't extend that same will-based power to their person.

The Fake Macoy
In that case, I think Sentinel will take a majority. Wendell is very good, and I think he could do pretty well against Hal or Kyle, but since Sentinel's that much stronger than them, I think he'll take this.

CaptainStoic
It's funny, because I always pictured Quasar to be greater than any one GL (two hands are better than one).

guy222
sentinel

starlock
Sentinel for the win

I think its a close fight.....sentinel has the experience needed to beat quasar...he gets a good lesson.........i can hear alan teaching quasar as he beats him.......Nice match thumb up

llagrok
This is pretty much spite.

Might as well put Thanos up against Quasar.

starlock
Originally posted by llagrok
This is pretty much spite.

Might as well put Thanos up against Quasar.

Ive seen that fight, so i dont see the point big grin

Priest
Bad match up for Elvis considering Alan is magic powered.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Priest
Bad match up for Elvis considering Alan is magic powered.

Hmm I heard its not entirely magical.

llagrok
Originally posted by Phantom Zone

Still doesn't make a difference.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Ricardo Potter
He has more of it, he wrote the book after all.

thats more of a term of respect, than an actually observed feat, much like Max Mercury was intro'd as "the Zen Master of Speed" even tho Barry had the better speed feats/applications.

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Phantom Zone

the Starheart *is* entriely magical.

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by CaptainStoic
It's funny, because I always pictured Quasar to be greater than any one GL (two hands are better than one).

having 2 hands didnt help him against Doctor Spectrum....... big grin

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by The Fake Macoy
In that case, I think Sentinel will take a majority. Wendell is very good, and I think he could do pretty well against Hal or Kyle, but since Sentinel's that much stronger than them, I think he'll take this.

even before he lost a good portion of his SH-nrg, him being stronger than Hal or Kyle really wasnt shown to be true

Tazer

Horrificus
q

batdude123
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Val said it well recently when he said that Alan is easily the most consistently written GL, and doesn't have the low end showings that even Hal and Kyle are sometimes prone to (especially recently with Kyle). His most impressive feat is probably the Obsidian fight (yes, the one with the book)...his energy literally consumes earth and shoots into space for an indeterminate amount of time. I liken it to the spread on Ultimate Reed's Galactus gun, except the blast radius was even wider. He was also the size of a building for the fight.

His energy was also powering the entire world at one point when he was imprisoned by a JSA foe who re-made the world in his image.

To be fair, his respect thread isn't nearly as comprehensive as Hal or Kyle's. He has more appearances than either of them, but not as much love in the thread. Though their high-end feats rival his (and better him in terms of versatility). So meh.

Sentinel is actually composed of the Starheart energy, which is both energy and magic-based. While as a GL he channels it outside himself...that's the big difference, and the reason Sentinel > GL. Nothing happens to Alan period as Sentinel unless his will is overcome....whereas a regular GL has their constructs but can't extend that same will-based power to their person.

Another one of his best feats was when he warped/manipulated a black hole so he could use it by means of travel to get out of an alternate dimension. At the same time he did that, he also shielded a team of heroes from the pressure of the black hole itself.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.