Movies after Ep. VI

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SonofStone210
Is George Lucas going to make any more movies following Return of the Jedi, or is that it for Star Wars movies?Like is there an episode 7? confused

Ushgarak
Most recent comments from GL make it firmly out that there will be no sequel films.

SonofStone210
that sucks

Ushgarak
He blew all his original 7,8 and 9 story lines in ROTJ, see.

Sabrea
thats not fair..i thought he was gonna make episode 7 & 8..and maybe 9....of course..i read that monthes ago..

Ushgarak
Sorry! He could always come up with some new ideas and change his mind, but there seems little room to do that thematically.

finti
we dont need no ep VII and so on

Sabrea
yes we do...if GL doesnt wanna make them ill take over and make them..lol..

Mujaffa
well you better start wrighting then

Sabrea
damn..do i have to?? someone can write them for me..ill give whoever writes them for me half the profits..

finti
And who will star in it Eminem?

Julie
I think that 6 Star Wars movies is enough.....it's a complete story....the books and other spin offs have covered a lot of ground...I think that it would be nice if there were going to be more but so what if there aren't more.....BTW if you don't like where it's gone in Eu write your own fan fiction and make up further stories in your head!

finti
Star Wars is the story of Anakin/Darth Vader and it ends with ROTJ.

Julie
ok....or that

Dark Lord Djas
Episode 3 is going to be the last Star Wars movie. GL says that after Ep 3 comes out he will be done with the Star Wars movies and will start working on the other films he has been wanting to do but never had enough money.

finti
never had the money, wow that must have been childhood dreams then

Dark Lord Djas
Finti, I meant ideas he had before he made Star Wars. Also I agree with what you said about it being the story of Darth Vader. All the movies have anakin/darth vader as the main character. There shouldn't be another movie. Although it would be nice. Vader is gone, anakin is back to the light side of the force. ROTJ is the end of the story.

queeq
Amen

GordonSkywalker
I must concur with my esteemed colleagues' interpretation of these events.

GordonSkywalker
Yes there is still a certain inescapable logic to the comments expressed herein. The Anakin/Vader storyline is complete(or will be once the 'missing chapter' of Episode 3 is unveiled) and there is no need to make any further films. This and other like-minded threads should be closed seeing as George Lucas has said he won't do anymore. big grin

cookies2006
Yes but us fans want to see more and more sw dont we. I dont want to see it end.

GordonSkywalker
More Star Wars films would be nice I must admit. But as a friend once said, we don't want it to become like Star Trek where a movie is done evry 2-3 years. That would be overkill.

yerssot
need good stories too

GordonSkywalker
Exactly why I compared it with the many Star Treks nowdays. Star Wars should retain the quality it is known for and not over do it with too many movies.

yerssot
*cough*holidayspecial*cough*

GordonSkywalker
Are you referring to the awful special they did on tv back during the late seventies/early eighties on one of the major networks?

yerssot
1978 yes

justinday15
Sorry, i wouldnt know, i wasnt born yet.

GordonSkywalker
I have heard about this one. Chewbacca and his entire family get together to celebrate Christmas or something.

finti
It is so utterly crap it is unbelivable

GordonSkywalker
You're telling me! What an absolute waste of time and effort! Whose idea was it anyway?

yerssot
life-day
and it was GLs idea

LaurenE147
brain fart. That's all I have to say

But I would like to see it once. Just to make fun of it.

yerssot
nah, it's that bad you can't even do that!

GordonSkywalker
Interesting that it has never aired here as far as I know.

finti
it did air in the states, as a xmas thing either in 1977 or 1978

yerssot
1978, and luckily they kept it with that one day smile

GordonSkywalker
Thank goodness I was far too young to have seen it and remember it!

yerssot
I had it on pc, but deleted it

GordonSkywalker
Not much of a waste though right? I mean you don't regret deleting it or whatever?

yerssot
definitly not! should never got it in the first place!

GordonSkywalker
They actually sold it in some format or other? And it made money!?

yerssot
did not, I just ...acquired it

GordonSkywalker
I wasn't talking about you yerssy. I meant someone actually marketed it and sold it to unsuspecting consumers? Did they claim it was the missing epilogue for Episode VI or something?

yerssot
nah, fans know the holiday special

GordonSkywalker
But don't like it apparently. If your reaction is anything to go by.

LaurenE147
Even the official site referred to it as disastrous once.

Ushgarak
It put off George Lucas from doing tv pretty much in perpetuity.

LaurenE147
What if he starts doing TV after Episode III? How wierd woudl that be?

Ushgarak
I guess he will do it if he thinks tv effects can meet his visions.

yerssot
quote was that he said once that he wanted to single handedly destroy every existing copy of the holiday special

GordonSkywalker
I can imagine if it is as bad as you say as I have never seen it.

enoughsoup
The Star Wars films are about one man: the rise, fall and redemption of Anakin Skywalker.

So if they made episodes 7,8 and 9, they'd be without their main character, and also they'd have to start repeating themselves.

GordonSkywalker
Eloquently put my friend.

cookies2006
SW does not revolve entirely around anikan its more about luke. And if they created more movies after EP6 than they would just use Luke and Kyle Kataan...

cookies2006
If they made more prequels, than they would just talk about Yoda, Count Dooku,Mace,QGJ,OBI wan,Jango and others.... So you see, i myself can almost create an entire other trilogy. Let alone it being GL.

GordonSkywalker
{See my remarks about Tatooine Ghost on the Making EU into Episodes 7-9 thread}

yerssot
Curious, GL said it was about Anakin and not luke ...

GordonSkywalker
Perhaps we should give my young friend here some leeway as he may have not seen or read the quote in question.

LaurenE147
the first three alone gave the impression of them being all about Luke. but with the addition of the new trilogy it is clear that Anakin is the center figure.

GordonSkywalker
Yeah the whole thing is about him and the decisions he made that led to him becoming a sith and eventually destroying Palpatine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.