DE siddious vs team of Rots yoda and Nomi sunrider

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Man of Christ
they fight on the dessert floor of tattooine

skywalker833
the team of two wins.

darthsith19
idk, this is close. Nomi's battle meditation probably won't have a great effect on Sidious. But it might bring him down just barely enough that Yoda can beat him. Or she could help him in a saber duel. Not sure.

Gideon
Originally posted by darthsith19
idk, this is close. Nomi's battle meditation probably won't have a great effect on Sidious. But it might bring him down just barely enough that Yoda can beat him. Or she could help him in a saber duel. Not sure.

Is Nomi some sort of lightsaber or Force goddess that would suggest that she'd last more than a few seconds against the most powerful Sith Lord in history? I'm more than familiar with Yoda's exploits, and I grant you that wouldn't just be steamrolled. But Palpatine, on his death bed, was capable of owning Jedi in one blast.

Blax_Hydralisk
Not really.

Gideon
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Not really.

She's not truly prodigious in anything but battle meditation? If that is the case, then the Emperor will win. He was able to stalemate Yoda during the events of Revenge of the Sith, where his acquired power is not as potent as it is during the events of Dark Empire. He is capable of disintegrating lightsabers (thus rendering lightsaber combat truly pointless) and, despite being "barely able to walk" and being brought closer to death with each usage of the Force, can overwhelm the Force defenses of Leia Organa Solo and two other experienced (if not truly powerful) Jedi Knights, mortally wounding the latter two with one attack per Jedi. I'd say that he wins this comfortably.

tauros
Sidious isn't the most powerful of the Sith Lords, he's just the most powerful according to Lucas who is basing it on the movies and not considering the characters created by others (e.g Ragnos etc), which is clearly obvious since many have done things that Sidious couldn't. And Sidious was losing to Mace Windu ...

Ivalice
Originally posted by tauros
Sidious isn't the most powerful of the Sith Lords, he's just the most powerful according to Lucas who is basing it on the movies and not considering the characters created by others (e.g Ragnos etc), which is clearly obvious since many have done things that Sidious couldn't. And Sidious was losing to Mace Windu ...

LOL you fail

"The Rebels were turning out to be more troublesome than many had expected. The Emperor had known it would be thus, of course; the resistance had not been a surprise to him. The Emperor was completely in concert with the dark side of the Force. He was the most powerful Sith to have ever existed."
-- Death Star, page 76.

"...Yoda could not defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history."
-- The New Essential Chronology,

"Beyond the vision of the Jedi Knights, somewhere within the darkness, the greatest master of evil ever to use Sith power bides his time. As his strength grows, his plans begin to shape the course of the galaxy, and his snares await the unsuspecting."
-- The Complete Visual Dictionary, page 72.

Page 109 from the Dark Empire sourcebook:

"Palpatine has risen from the dead. The most powerful Sith Lord who ever lived had returned."

Empire's End, one of the ancient Sith spirits: "He gave up everything to the Dark Side long ago. He has become the greatest who ever lived. He is the strongest who ever lived....I say we give what he wishes."

Star Wars Insider, Kevin J. Anderson, upon asked if he ever intended his Sith to be stronger than the original trilogy sith: "No. Exar Kun, Naga Sadow and the others are on a firmly lower tier than Emperor Palpatine."

On TFN.net, official response to the strongest Sith: "Palpatine at his peak."

Essential Chronology: "the most powerful Sith who had ever lived, Emperor Palpatine had returned from the grave."

There you have it, he IS the most powerful sith lord ever.

tauros
Originally posted by Ivalice
LOL you fail

"The Rebels were turning out to be more troublesome than many had expected. The Emperor had known it would be thus, of course; the resistance had not been a surprise to him. The Emperor was completely in concert with the dark side of the Force. He was the most powerful Sith to have ever existed."
-- Death Star, page 76.

"...Yoda could not defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history."
-- The New Essential Chronology,

"Beyond the vision of the Jedi Knights, somewhere within the darkness, the greatest master of evil ever to use Sith power bides his time. As his strength grows, his plans begin to shape the course of the galaxy, and his snares await the unsuspecting."
-- The Complete Visual Dictionary, page 72.

Page 109 from the Dark Empire sourcebook:

"Palpatine has risen from the dead. The most powerful Sith Lord who ever lived had returned."

Empire's End, one of the ancient Sith spirits: "He gave up everything to the Dark Side long ago. He has become the greatest who ever lived. He is the strongest who ever lived....I say we give what he wishes."

Star Wars Insider, Kevin J. Anderson, upon asked if he ever intended his Sith to be stronger than the original trilogy sith: "No. Exar Kun, Naga Sadow and the others are on a firmly lower tier than Emperor Palpatine."

On TFN.net, official response to the strongest Sith: "Palpatine at his peak."

Essential Chronology: "the most powerful Sith who had ever lived, Emperor Palpatine had returned from the grave."

There you have it, he IS the most powerful sith lord ever.

I'm afraid it is you who fails to read my post. I know that he is said to be the most powerful of the Dark Lords by some - but that's completely lame. He's pretty weak in the movies, and gets killed fairly easily. He only shows novice force knowledge (Like, lightning is only thing he knows when there would be so many better techniques). I don't know about DE Sidious that much, but at least in the movies he's weak.
As I said, it's just said by George Lucas he's the most powerful. Lucas, however, is losing his touch. Always talking about "REDEMPTION REDEMPTION, HERE HAVE A COMIC SIDEKICK OHH THATS SO ORIGINAL"... He's just throwing it around, without considering that others have done far greater things, and shown far greater techniques.

MadMel
lucas = canon
books = canon
your opinion = not canon
if you acutually read some of the quotes Ivalice posted, youd have realised that nobody in the book made the claims - it was the ominscient narrator, which = canon
you fail

tauros
Seems like it was too much of a challenge for you too.

Elite Hunter

Yo do realize alot of the statement were made after the creation of sith lords including Ragnos,Kun,Revan, Nadd and Bane. All those statements Ivalice has posted are canon and alot are from the EU where we get the sith lords I mentiones above. So you can cry all you want but as far I can tell Sidious fought the strongest jedi ever to come as of ROTS in Yoda and the incredibly dangerous Mace Windu who can defeat many other sith such as Kun in saber combat due to his skill in Vapaad and shatterpoint.

I'm curious who do you think is the most powerful sith lord. Not that it matters cause your opinion as to who it should be is not canon. Just because you think Lucas is losing his touch doesn't change a thing. When the creator of star wars universe makes such a statement it is pretty much the law. That is is like me drinking and driving and I think i shouldnt get a ticket because I don't like Bush.

MadMel
your the onewho's challenged my friend..
i read your post perfectly
if lucas says sids is the most powerful stih lord ever, then he IS...nothing any other person can write/make can overcome this statement...its the highest canon in starwars, and it cant be overwritten simply because you want it to be..

yes he is, multiple canon books state he is
is the highest canon source in star wars erm

so just because some EU sith seems to be more powerful, he automatically is? lulz

yea, like rule the galaxy roll eyes (sarcastic)

a lot of EU sith lords could fall to mace as well erm

Darth Exodus
Didn't Nomi become a master of the blade after just picking one up? Add on to that about 20 years of training and she might just be quite formidable.Also, she has VERY powerful battle meditation and smacked Keto down in about a second. Lastly, well, she was the leader of the whole frickin' order, that's got to mean that she's quite good.

But yeah, Sidious might still win.

tauros
My point stands, and neither of you understood it. I never denied that what Lucas says is the highest canon.

Elite Hunter
Then you have no point. All you are doing is complaining that Sidious is the most powerful sith ever. You say that he is weak in the movies yet he faced the most powerful jedi to have ever been in the order until that point. And Mace Windu who is the second strongest up until that point and he is extremely dangerous vs dark siders due to vapaad. Only one other sith lord ruled the galaxy and he in not even in sidious's league. And remind me what other sith can bend the fabric of space and time itself as Sidious does with the force storm.

tauros
He doesn't do that in the movies, though. How does he manage to lose timer after time, being the most powerful Sith and all?

Ivalice
I'm afraid it is you who fails to read my post.
I read it and it literally is full of shit which does not make sense.

I know that he is said to be the most powerful of the Dark Lords by some - but that's completely lame.
Thats because your extremely ignorant, he was stated by canon to actually be more powerful than any sith. Have you actually read any of the comics where he killed 100 storm troopers with one blast of force lightning?

Or the same lightning that reduced 3 acolytes to charred skeletons?

How about mind raping billions of people on coruscant to hide the fact that the lusankya existed?

Or how about annihilating entire starfleets with his force storm technique?

What about his mere presence alone on byss which converted a "once lush and fertile world now one of the most powerful dark side sites in the galaxy"?

He appears weak in the movie simply because he was not using the force to its greatest degree like in the comics.

Oh and dark empire not only states that he is the most powerful sith lord but actually shows it such as the part when he used a force storm which killed thousands of people and destroyed the surface on part of coruscant and destroyed a starfleet as well as creating a wormhole in space.

He's pretty weak in the movies, and gets killed fairly easily. He only shows novice force knowledge (Like, lightning is only thing he knows when there would be so many better techniques). I don't know about DE Sidious that much, but at least in the movies he's weak.
As I said, it's just said by George Lucas he's the most powerful. Lucas, however, is losing his touch. Always talking about "REDEMPTION REDEMPTION, HERE HAVE A COMIC SIDEKICK OHH THATS SO ORIGINAL"... He's just throwing it around, without considering that others have done far greater things, and shown far greater techniques. See the above.

Please and before you even try to ramble that ragnos > sidious (which is unsupported) despite him doing absolutely nothing with the force.

Most of those quotes came out AFTER TOTJ so yes, sidious > your precious ancient sith. Hell the ancient sith(naga sadow) did absolutely nothing with the force except throw a brick with enough force to knock out ludo, thats it. All his other feats were aided by technology.

The ancient sith themselves even stated sidious is more powerful than them and as to why did he lose time after time? Ever heard of circumstances?

tauros
Yes, the list you presented is impressive, and if he did that, he is the most powerful. I am just skeptical because he got "owned" so easily in the movies.

I haven't read much of the characters from the movies after the movies, after reading the Luke novel which introduced Sun Crusher and other ridiculous things. What books are the ones that Sidious does those things in? What comics? I have all the SW comics, I'll look it up.

Blax_Hydralisk
Dark Empire is where Sideous is seen performing his most powerful feats.

Elite Hunter
He doesn't do that in the movies, though. How does he manage to lose timer after time, being the most powerful Sith and all?

Here is the link to his wookieepedia page and the story of what happened to him after endor.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Palpatine#Palpatine_Reborn_.284.E2.80.9311_ABY.29

tauros
"Despite Palpatine's viciousness, Luke managed to defeat the Sith Lord in a brief but intense lightsaber duel, slicing off his hand."

And his own force storm killed him.

"but was shot in the back by an enraged Han Solo during the conflict."

Well... doesn't seem very impressive. First getting killed by Vader, then defeated by Luke, then killed by his own force storm and then killed again by a mere blaster.
Some of his feats are impressive, though, but either Lucas totally ruined the stories (as usual) with his talk about redemption and good guys always winning no matter what, or the writers weren't very skilled..

Elite Hunter
"Despite Palpatine's viciousness, Luke managed to defeat the Sith Lord in a brief but intense lightsaber duel, slicing off his hand."
Luke by DE is very powerful especially compared to his ROTJ self.

The comic makes it clear that without the force aid from his sister and Anakin Solo that Sidious would have won.

The trio cut him off from the darkside and thus lost control of arguably the most powerful attack that can bend time and space.

As I previously stated,jhis clone bodies deteriorate very fast and by this time his last body was extremely weak and even in this near "death" state he took out a jedi and fatally injured another one who and when his spirit departed his last clone body after Han shot it, his spirit was would become bounded by Brand's dying body and would die with him but if i recall the comic correctly is stated something along the lines of all the jedi assisting in dragging down his spirt.

Elite Hunter
I'm interested as who you think is the most powerful sith and why? And on another note I too get sick of the endings always being the good guys win or the lightside ending personally I would have preferred a darkside ending for kotor.

tauros
So he was greatly weakened when Han shot him? Then it is understandable. But I still consider it poor writing to make him lose all the time. The poisoning of all his clone bodies etc, you'd think someone as smart as Sidious would have had them really well protected, and him not killing Luke when he had the chance, but instead trying to turn him. Which is just stupid, since why would he even need an apprentice?

Especially one as powerful as Luke... if I was him, I'd take someone who's not powerful enough to challenge me, but powerful enough to do the deeds. Someone like Darth Maul would have fitted him the best.

tauros
I think Sidious is, since he has done impressive feats. Before, I don't know. It's a lot about the moment.. at some points some siths have been really powerful. But stable power? Nihilus and Bane are pretty powerful, and there are others too.

And yes, good guys always winning sucks. The secret apprentice in TFU will most probably become canonically good too. Since they said they talked to Lucas and he kept bringing up redemption.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Gideon
Is Nomi some sort of lightsaber or Force goddess that would suggest that she'd last more than a few seconds against the most powerful Sith Lord in history? I'm more than familiar with Yoda's exploits, and I grant you that wouldn't just be steamrolled. But Palpatine, on his death bed, was capable of owning Jedi in one blast.
Nomi as of TotJ is no goddess, and I never said that she was. One on one yes, she probably wouldn't last more than a few seconds against Sidious, but she isn't facing him alone, she has Yoda on her side. A competent Jedi + Yoda together may be able to defeat Sidious. Alone yes they would both die but together they have a chance I think.

Gideon
Nomi as of TotJ is no goddess, and I never said that she was. One on one yes, she probably wouldn't last more than a few seconds against Sidious, but she isn't facing him alone, she has Yoda on her side. A competent Jedi + Yoda together may be able to defeat Sidious. Alone yes they would both die but together they have a chance I think.

This isn't exactly sufficient evidence, darthsith. Consider what we know about Revenge of the Sith -- Obi-Wan and Anakin Skywalker, despite being the most impressive Jedi dueling team, were unable to overcome Count Dooku in single combat; Anakin was able to do so alone. Mace Windu had three experienced and highly reputed Jedi Masters at his side when he confronted the Supreme Chancellor, yet Palpatine manhandled three of them and pushed Windu back; Windu later won the duel. We have two examples of a Sith Lord being outnumbered and those numbers doing jack as a result. Only this case is different, because Yoda -- by himself -- is not on par with the Emperor as of Dark Empire. That Nomi and Yoda have never worked together, where is your proof that they would make a competent team? While I grant you that her battle meditation would be an asset, it obviously wouldn't begin to close the considerable disparity between Yoda and Sidious before he removed Nomi from the equation. This is not enough to even prove that they have a chance.

darthsith19
This isn't exactly sufficient evidence, darthsith. Consider what we know about Revenge of the Sith -- Obi-Wan and Anakin Skywalker, despite being the most impressive Jedi dueling team, were unable to overcome Count Dooku in single combat; Anakin was able to do so alone. Mace Windu had three experienced and highly reputed Jedi Masters at his side when he confronted the Supreme Chancellor, yet Palpatine manhandled three of them and pushed Windu back; Windu later won the duel. We have two examples of a Sith Lord being outnumbered and those numbers doing jack as a result. Only this case is different, because Yoda -- by himself -- is not on par with the Emperor as of Dark Empire. That Nomi and Yoda have never worked together, where is your proof that they would make a competent team? While I grant you that her battle meditation would be an asset, it obviously wouldn't begin to close the considerable disparity between Yoda and Sidious before he removed Nomi from the equation. This is not enough to even prove that they have a chance.
True, but Mace and the posse engaged Sidious in saber combat, Anakin and Kenobi engaged Dooku in saber combat - never did they think of using battle meditation while the other(s) attacked with sabers. If Nomi uses battle meditation, how will Sidious remove her from the equation while fending off Yoda's saber?

Ivalice

I haven't read much of the characters from the movies after the movies, after reading the Luke novel which introduced Sun Crusher and other ridiculous things. What books are the ones that Sidious does those things in? What comics? I have all the SW comics, I'll look it up. Dark empire and empire : betrayal.

As for why luke sliced off his hand, its due to luke being empowered by leia and her unborn child. And why did his own storm kill him? Because THREE force users at the same time cut his connection to the force.

Gideon
If Nomi uses battle meditation, how will Sidious remove her from the equation while fending off Yoda's saber?

The same way that Count Dooku was able to fend off Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker, both of whom were using their lightsabers and utilizing extraordinary teamwork. He still managed to separate them and disable Kenobi, despite being handily (no pun intended) defeated a short while later by one of them. Meanwhile, we know that battle meditation is neither instant nor easy -- Nomi will not be able to defend herself against the Emperor, though it wouldn't matter even if she could.
Even Yoda isn't enough to protect a defenseless Nomi from someone as powerful as the reborn Emperor, much less capable of defeating him in combat.

darthsith19
The same way that Count Dooku was able to fend off Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker, both of whom were using their lightsabers and utilizing extraordinary teamwork. He still managed to separate them and disable Kenobi, despite being handily (no pun intended) defeated a short while later by one of them.
Okay, so know we've established that Dooku can separate 2 Jedi in lightsaber combat, though I don't see how that is relevant to Nomi using battle meditation.

Not one on one, no, but again I ask how if Sidious going to attack her while fending off Yoda? btw you think Sidious would beat them right?

Gideon
Okay, so know we've established that Dooku can separate 2 Jedi in lightsaber combat, though I don't see how that is relevant to Nomi using battle meditation.

I don't see what is so painful to understand, darthsith. Count Dooku was able to separate two Jedi who represented the most synchronized and experienced of all fighting teams we've seen, despite the fact that one of them was capable of overpowering and defeating the Sith Lord on his own. What we have here is a Sith Lord being more powerful than either one of his enemies and by a considerable deal (Nomi is but an ant compared to him) and they aren't an experienced team of Jedi. They've never fought side-by-side, it would take evidence to suppose that they could be a complementary team. If Nomi decides to sit this one out and use battle meditation, the Jedi are ****ed harder; battle meditation is neither instant nor easy and she will be completely vulnerable to attack.

Jesus Christ, darthsith! You said that "one on one" Yoda can't stand up to Sidious -- it's exactly what he'll be doing. He'll be facing the Sith Lord in combat without immediate assistance. You're telling me that the more powerful Emperor can't get away or overpower Yoda long enough to fry the totally vulnerable Nomi with Force lightning? You're being ridiculous.

darthsith19
Nothing is hard for me to underrstand, Gideon - I really don't see what you don't understand. I have already conceded to the lightsaber point so there's really no need to keep discussing it. All I am discussing now is Nomi using battle meditation and Yoda using his saber.

I am not an expert on battle meditation. How long does it take for battle meditation to work? And how will Nomi be vulnerable if Yoda is directing Sidious's attacks away from her?

Calm down dude, you're having some sort of problem understanding. How can he get away from Yoda when they are fighting on the desert floor of Tatooine? Yoda will be on him jumping around with his lightsaber like he always does. How can Sidious get away from that without actually killing Yoda? Yoda will have to be killed first. How long does battle meditation take to work? I don't remember it taking long when Arca and Oden-Uss used it. I could be mistaken, however. Just calm down, okay?

Ivalice

I am not an expert on battle meditation. How long does it take for battle meditation to work? And how will Nomi be vulnerable if Yoda is directing Sidious's attacks away from her?

Dude, have you read Rule of two? The idiot empowering the other 3 jedi during their duel with darth bane was EXTREMELY vulnerable to bane at anytime.

Whats there to say that sidious as of DE couldn't shatter nomi's defences and outright wtf own her?

darthsith19
Originally posted by Ivalice
Dude, have you read Rule of two? The idiot empowering the other 3 jedi during their duel with darth bane was EXTREMELY vulnerable to bane at anytime.

Whats there to say that sidious as of DE couldn't shatter nomi's defences and outright wtf own her?
Actually, I am on the waiting list at my library for RoT. So no I don't know anything about that.

Elite Hunter
In ROT the jedi doing BM was only able to survive so long because one jedi actually had to force push the jedi using BM away from danger.(Bane's lightsaber I believe) but by using the force on his own ally it broke his concentration and interrupted the battle meditation.

Gideon
Nothing is hard for me to underrstand, Gideon - I really don't see what you don't understand. I have already conceded to the lightsaber point so there's really no need to keep discussing it. All I am discussing now is Nomi using battle meditation and Yoda using his saber.

In all actuality, darthsith, I have never been confronted with someone so unwilling or incapable of putting two and two together. Not with Nebaris, not with LeGenD, not with anyone. This isn't an insult but fact; the circumstances I'm trying to explain are very simple, so I will try one final time to do get it through to you: Count Dooku was able to separate Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker when both engaged him in lightsaber combat, which you have conceded. I bring this point up because, despite the fact that he would be defeated and killed by one of them and despite the fact that they were the greatest of Jedi pairs and fighting teams, he was able to divide and conquer -- to temporarily remove one from the equation to disable the second -- even though both of them were attacking him. That is exactly the point: Nomi Sunrider, in order to utilize her battle meditation, will essentially have to sit her ass on the floor and bury herself within the Force. She will be completely vulnerable to attack -- my three year old nephew with a kitchen knife would be able to eliminate her with ease. So, it will be Yoda versus Sidious. You've already conceded the point that Yoda does not have a chance against the reborn Emperor in single combat, which is exactly what's going to happen. Sidious is a very cagey and cunning fighter, and if he can't outright kill Yoda before the effects of the battle meditation take place, he is more than capable of disarming him, disabling him, or knocking him aside for the split second it will take to end Nomi's life. Can I be any clearer?

The same reason that Kenobi and Skywalker were vulnerable to Dooku despite the numerous advantages they had: they outnumbered him, both of them were attacking, and Skywalker himself was sufficient to kill him -- but that didn't stop Dooku from dividing them. Nomi will have to sit her ass down and Yoda will be her only defense.

You're being ridiculous, darthsith. The reborn Emperor, if not necessarily superior to Yoda in lightsaber combat, is beyond the Jedi Master in terms of acquired Force strength as of Dark Empire. It's arguable that he can disintegrate the Jedi Master's lightsaber as Yoda brings it to bear. He's more than capable of overpowering him with Force lightning or telekinesis or the vast other arsenal at his disposal. Dooku was able to use the Force, once again, to knock Skywalker back several feet into a metal wall, grip Kenobi with telekinesis, and hurl him across the room into unconsciousness in the span of what? Five seconds? And Skywalker was, at this point, capable of defeating the Count on his own. But Dooku was still able to, momentarily, overpower both of them. Yoda does not have the benefit of being more powerful than the Emperor and his partner will be sitting on her ass, lightsaber deactivated, trying to close the considerable disparity between himself and his Sith opponent. As for me, you're being totally and completely ridiculous about this, and this takes the cake as far as I'm concerned. Not once has this ever been a problem with me. Not to this degree. You're being completely blind.

darthsith19
There was non need to mention Dooku, Gideon, as I already conceeded to that point. Talk about not being able to put 2 and 2 together. roll eyes (sarcastic)

So let me get this straight - Yoda and Sidious will be dueling for some time but if by chance Nomi's battle meditation suddenly kicks in, Sidious will become capable of disabling Yoda for a second? Then why wouldn't he just disable Yoda right from the very start if he is that far above him?

The Dooku point is again irrelevant as they engaged him 2 on 1 in saber combat, which is not what Yoda and Nomi will be doing in my scenario. What makes you think that Sidious will be able to defeat Yoda in 1 second? He is powerful but 1 second is ridiculous.

How's that? He never disintegrated anybody else's lightsaber. What makes you think that he could do it.

Yes but they were dueling him. Kenobi being Anakin in the duel held Anakin back, which is the only reason that Dooku was able to kick him into the wall. Yoda will be engaging Sidious in saber combat one on one, thus there will be nobody to hold him back. If Anakin had dueled Dooku while Kenobi used battle meditation, you think Dooku would have still taken Kenobi out?

Man of Christ
somone brought up the doku and obi wan incident in separating them,
anakin and obi wan were excellent jedi but we are talking 2 jedi grand masters here one of whom was on kun and qel dorma's level

tauros
Darthsith.. seriously.. do you have problems understanding text?

"The Dooku point is again irrelevant as they engaged him 2 on 1 in saber combat, which is not what Yoda and Nomi will be doing in my scenario. What makes you think that Sidious will be able to defeat Yoda in 1 second? He is powerful but 1 second is ridiculous."

Jesus Christ our Saviour! The fact that they were 2 on 1 in saber combat doesn't change a thing. The point was that Dooku was able to SEPERATE them, so he could SEPERATE Yoda from Nomi for long enough time to kill Nomi.

And I doubt battle meditation would do much against Sidious, he's just way too powerful for Nomi, and could probably overpower the effects of her meditation

darthsith19
Darthsith.. seriously.. do you have problems understanding text?

"The Dooku point is again irrelevant as they engaged him 2 on 1 in saber combat, which is not what Yoda and Nomi will be doing in my scenario. What makes you think that Sidious will be able to defeat Yoda in 1 second? He is powerful but 1 second is ridiculous."

Jesus Christ our Saviour! The fact that they were 2 on 1 in saber combat doesn't change a thing. The point was that Dooku was able to SEPERATE them, so he could SEPERATE Yoda from Nomi for long enough time to kill Nomi.

You and Gideon are saying that because person A can separate 2 people in saber combat, person B can separate 2 people when one has a saber and the other is several meters away using Battle Meditation. And no, I have no problem understanding what you are saying, but that doesn't work. Saber combat is not the same as one with a saber, one using the Force.

If you read my first post this is what I said:

and then at the end I said that I wasn't sure.

tauros
Yes, indeed, it is EASIER to get to you if you're using battle meditation and not fighting with your saber.

darthsith19
Yes, indeed, it is EASIER to get to you if you're using battle meditation and not fighting with your saber.
No, if she were using her lightsaber she would be like 2 feet away from him and he could cut her down with his saber or use the Force. If she is 50 meters away and he is busy fending off Yoda then he won't be able to get to her until he finishes with Yoda. It all depends, can he finish Yoda off before the Battle Meditation kicks in and if not, will the Battle Meditation give Yoda the edge he needs to win? I never said it would, I said there was a chance.

ThoraxeRMG
Sadly, Sidious

Elite Hunter
No, if she were using her lightsaber she would be like 2 feet away from him and he could cut her down with his saber or use the Force. If she is 50 meters away and he is busy fending off Yoda then he won't be able to get to her until he finishes with Yoda. It all depends, can he finish Yoda off before the Battle Meditation kicks in and if not, will the Battle Meditation give Yoda the edge he needs to win? I never said it would, I said there was a chance.

Actually Sidious can kill Nomi while she is using battle meditation as I already said here in the Bane came very close to killing the jedi using BM before the others

Originally posted by Elite Hunter
In ROT the jedi doing BM was only able to survive so long because one jedi actually had to force push the jedi using BM away from danger.(Bane's lightsaber I believe) but by using the force on his own ally it broke his concentration and interrupted the battle meditation.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Actually Sidious can kill Nomi while she is using battle meditation as I already said here in the Bane came very close to killing the jedi using BM before the others
Can he do that while fending off Yoda? Was Bane fighting other Jedi while attacking the Jedi that was using BM? If so, I concede.

Gideon
There was non need to mention Dooku, Gideon, as I already conceeded to that point. Talk about not being able to put 2 and 2 together. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Truthfully, darthsith, I am the last person on this forum who you want to try to bait, for many reasons -- not the least of which is the fact that while you may have 'conceded' the point, you clearly don't understand it at all.

And you wonder why your debating skills are derided and mocked, darthsith? Let this argument be testimony to how inept you're being. The reborn Emperor is considerably superior to Yoda in terms of acquired Force strength and demonstrated powers, given that the Emperor will see Nomi plop her ass on the floor and attempt to summon battle meditation to enhance Yoda's abilities, do you not think that Palpatine can dodge, deflect, evade, avoid, or disable Yoda long enough to either put a lightsaber through her heart or kill her with the Force? It would take, perhaps, a single second.

Your demonstrated incompetence regarding this duel is becoming earth-shattering. I never said that Sidious could overpower Yoda in one second. I said he could for one second to crush Nomi. I can clearly see that you're not comprehending the material, as Tauros has instructed, which makes your earlier jab all the more amusing.

The fact that he did disintegrate Leia Organa Solo's lightsaber in Dark Empire.

Oh, and what will Yoda be doing? Engaging Sidious in a political debate?

Perhaps. But, even if he couldn't, that is where the analogy ends, because Dooku was technically inferior to Anakin in those circumstances by that point. Sidious is superior to both of his enemies here.

Now, we're done here. No one can be this obtuse or dense, despite multiple people taking their time to carefully explain the process. And, perhaps the next time you try to crack a joke, make sure it doesn't precede an even bigger one (your argument). You're acting like a logical disappointment, darthsith.

darthsith19
Can he do that while fending off Yoda? Was Bane fighting other Jedi while attacking the Jedi that was using BM? If so, I concede.

darthsith19
no point responding until Elite Hunter responds back. Because his response might end my arguement, oh, and sorry for the double post, I was just posting in the 1,000,000 game so i am used to double posting. whoops.

Elite Hunter

Thank god the novel is online otherwise typing this would be a pain and could have overlooked important details. Anyway in the book it is from page 279-281

Basically he used the darkside to throw his opponents out his way and then he tried to cut down the jedi using Bm but another jedi used the force to push his ally out of the way and it interrupted the battle meditation.

Darth Sexy
Another interesting point to make here is regarding the battle meditation. We know it enhances one's abilities, but we don't know how much. Given the huge disparity in force abilities between Yoda and the Emperor, it is unlikely Nomi's BM is going go do anything besides prolonge the inevitable.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.