Your Most Violent Anime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

agphoenix
Let's not list one or two specific violent scenes from any 17,000 episode series.

I'm referring to the overall 'package.'

Violent mech-wise or ripping limbs and 20-seconds of spurting blood type you ask?

Let's go with blood, limbs and guts. evil face

1. Berserk
2. Ninja Scroll
3. Akira
4. Claymore
5. Basilisk

I refuse to put Elfen Lied on there because one intensely violent and gory opening scene jawdrop raised my expectations so high, that very little that followed really hit the mark.

And others pepper the series with too much silliness.

Bring it! devil

TricksterPriest
Hellsing is definitely on that list.

leonheartmm
fist of the north star
ichi the killer
m d geist
guyver
berserk
tokyo babylon
devil man
cybernetic guardians
evangelion/death of evangelion

lots actually. just pick uf any anime directed towards the american audience from the 80s to the early 90s.

agphoenix
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Hellsing is definitely on that list.

Very true. Completely slipped my mind.

agphoenix
Originally posted by leonheartmm

just pick uf any anime directed towards the american audience

Yes, but how? I don't live in the U.S. anymore so I don't get to walk into the stores and see which one is 'on sale.'

How else does one tell if it's geared towards the West a little too much without actually watching it?

leonheartmm
well, those were the ones that usually made it to american/europena shores in those decades and were usually the ones which were properly translated and/or had american releases. plus characters in em were more whiter/square jawed and had a greater affinity to beeing badass/big/foulmouthed.wearing distinctly american clothing. as opposed to japanese ideals. this is just a generalisation but it holds true for many animes.

Kazenji
Originally posted by leonheartmm
wearing distinctly american clothing. as opposed to japanese ideals. this is just a generalisation but it holds true for many animes.

Yea Guts really wore american type clothing in berserk roll eyes (sarcastic)

Galvaclaw
New Getter Robo. A friend of mine that lives off violent anime and thinks Helsing is a work of genius couldn't watch it after two episodes.

Blax_Hydralisk
Pokemon.

agphoenix
Originally posted by Galvaclaw
New Getter Robo. A friend of mine that lives off violent anime and thinks Helsing is a work of genius couldn't watch it after two episodes.

Oh ho ho ho! If you're spot on, Christmas'll be a little early for me thanks to Galvaclause! Happy Dance

Plus I've never heard of it. Before I go hunting, and perhaps a lame question; is the actual name 'New Getter Robo,' or are you referring to a new series of 'Getter Robo?' embarrasment

Dark-Jaxx
In terms of bloody quantity, Neon Genesis Evangelion is the best.

Kazenji
Originally posted by agphoenix

Plus I've never heard of it. Before I go hunting, and perhaps a lame question; is the actual name 'New Getter Robo,' or are you referring to a new series of 'Getter Robo?' embarrasment

Its called "New Getter Robo" like what Galvaclaw said its the name of the newer series that they did.

agphoenix
Its called "New Getter Robo" like what Galvaclaw said its the name of the newer series that they did.

Thanks.

Blax_Hydralisk
I change my mind about Pokemon.

Digimon is much worse.

agphoenix
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
In terms of bloody quantity, Neon Genesis Evangelion is the best.

I'm a bit of a newbie so....

Evangelion/ Death of Evangelion/ Neon Genesis Evangelion...

Are they all the same? confused

ensatsu-ken
The most violent anime that I have seen is Hellsing Ultimate. The top 3 most violent manga that I have read are Gantz, Berserk, and Battle Royale, and Hellsing doesn't even compare to those in terms of gore. But what surprises me, is that there is apparently an anime called Genocyber, which is even far worse than any of the anime which I have listed. Now that really has to be insane, if it is indeed true confused .

psycho gundam
KITE
violence jack
ninja scroll

agphoenix
Originally posted by psycho gundam
KITE

KITE....huh. Never heard of it. Please tell me it doesn't have silly humour where one of the charcters has to have an erection to get his powers. laughing

agphoenix
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
I change my mind about Pokemon.

Digimon is much worse.

Absolutely, absolutely...I believe I vomited watching the gore in those. They were horrifying moments...still going to therapy! sick

psycho gundam
KITE....huh. Never heard of it. Please tell me it doesn't have silly humour where one of the charcters has to have an erection to get his powers. laughing never heard of of the infamous KITE huh...it's about a bastard that leads a double life of a head detective/leader of an assassin group. so, he hides evidence on the scene of the crimes that his assassins were part of.

-----------this is where it gets bad---------

his prized assassin, a young female doesn't only get praised for her missions she also gets...sexually abused by him. this I think is the first controversial anime ever made and for a time was impossible to find uncensored for obvious reasons, MANGA entertainment had to market this film to adults only.

this movie also influenced a lot of other entertainment from many mediums; KILL BILL copied heavily from this movie, a NO DOUBT video copied a fight scene etc.

if you ever saw the gun that shoots time-delay, explosive air foils, thats from KITE.

but most violent maybe fist of the north star

Dark-Jaxx
I think Hamtaro is the most violent anime, made my eyes bleed and I threw up my liver.

agphoenix
made my eyes bleed and I threw up my liver.

laughing laughing laughing NICE smile

I haven't heard of that anime either. Yes I'm a hardcore newbie. Yes, I'm clueless about under the table ones like 'KITE,' although apparently it was big news. Thank you so far guys/gals.

Berserk has been the most violent for me so far . Can't get enough sword fights, limbs etc. evil face Gotta say though...watched the first 3 episodes of Hellsing...not so violent.

Keep 'em coming please.

Kento
I think Hamtaro is the most violent anime, made my eyes bleed and I threw up my liver. Bah Hamtaro is nothing when compared to Tama

agphoenix
Originally posted by ensatsu-ken
But what surprises me, is that there is apparently an anime called Genocyber, which is even far worse than any of the anime which I have listed. Now that really has to be insane, if it is indeed true confused .

OMG! I just watched a scene or two on Anyway, go watch a trailer.

Here's a hint: 'YOU'll see a lot of 'TUBE' being cut up and stuff! big grin

Anyway.....YES it exists...YES the scene I just watched was INSANE. ...especially considering the victims. sad sick

Like gore? I suggest it...just from the trailer.....

Anyone else know about it? Opinions? Ones that beat it?

Dark-Jaxx
laughing laughing laughing NICE smile

I haven't heard of that anime either. Yes I'm a hardcore newbie. Yes, I'm clueless about under the table ones like 'KITE,' although apparently it was big news. Thank you so far guys/gals.

Berserk has been the most violent for me so far . Can't get enough sword fights, limbs etc. evil face Gotta say though...watched the first 3 episodes of Hellsing...not so violent.

Keep 'em coming please. I'm going to do you a favor and warn you before you embarass yourself and look it up, Hamtaro is a cutesy anime with a hamster and his friends having adventures, it isn't violent at all lol.

agphoenix
I'm going to do you a favor and warn you before you embarass yourself and look it up, Hamtaro is a cutesy anime with a hamster and his friends having adventures, it isn't violent at all lol.

Thank you oh so very much. I cannot STAND watching violent animes with silly humour and wide-mouthed characters every time someone trips on a sidewalk etc.

I apologize to those who do. smile

psycho gundam
hamtaro is not violent in the slightest, he just hates it cause it's syrupy as fu(k. it makes pokemon look like ninja scroll.

fist of the north star c'mon guys.

Kento
Fist of the Star anime isn't that violent. Not compared to it's manga and the anime movie anyway. There is lots of blood but that's it. You rarely see them explode except shadowed.

psycho gundam
when it first came out it was considered "ultra-violent", now obviously it isn't. just consider the time of release.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Pokemon. cause we all know squirttle doesn squirt water

its his BLOOD ha-son

agphoenix
Okay, Pokeman, Digimon and all the other 'mon's' should really just be off the discussion plate! smile

I'm 32 and it was a few years back when I happened to be flicking through channels and saw one of those.....things and decided I wanted nothing to do with anime.

Then.......'Ninja Scroll' happened and now I'm on the quest for the bloodiest, goriest anime I can possibly watch.

Ninja Scroll, Berserk and the first few minutes of Elfen Lied are the ones that've done it for me so far.

Imagine: 'first few minutes of guts and blood' meets fight choreography in the first few minutes of Karas meets a story like Death Note.

Got a few like that? cool

DolX1
1. Berserk
2. Escaflowne the Movie
3. Afro Samurai
4. Akira
5. Samurai X

occultdestroyer
1. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
2. Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan

Bada's Palin
- Violence Jack
- Devilman
- Afro Samurai

Darth Raizen
Hellsing. Talk about blood and gore.

Unrick
1. guyver

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.