DC vs. MK

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
http://www.thefatwebsite.com/images/mk8.jpg

How very random....

MadMel
real?
i doubt it..
there is no such thing a non violent MK game erm

Yoshi Paradise
Originally posted by Kazenji
http://www.thefatwebsite.com/images/mk8.jpg

How very random....

Although that's interesting, I doubt it's real.

A non-violent Mortal Kombat game makes as much sense as an educational Grand Theft Auto game.

It might be a late April Fool's joke.

Kazenji
Well if it is a "late April Fool's joke" its a good one.

Outbound
www.noob.com

The countdown finished and they're updating the site soon. Theres no other info on a Mortal Kombat vs DC game except rumours.

Master-Borg
Video game coming out supposedly.

link: http://www.joystiq.com/2008/04/18/mko-next-mortal-kombat-pits-mk-against-dc/

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2008/04/mkvsdc.jpg

batdude123
evillaugh

Ballin'.

Smasandian
Well, there is a Mortal Kombat 8 in development, but Mortal Kombat vs DC is still a rumor.

I wouldnt be surprised if it did happen and I actually like having very little blood. Try to freshen things up, or atleast fallow the Marvel vs Capcom series.

batdude123
Apparently a shit load of Mortal Kombat fans are pissed about this.

Master-Borg
Originally posted by batdude123
Apparently a shit load of Mortal Kombat fans are pissed about this. why?

batdude123
sbGG7CHxZVs

LORD B
^ ^ ^
what a sad little bastard

Master-Borg
he feels like he got kicked in the nuts...dude names himself Johnny Cage, the nut grabber of the series

its funny he's embarrassed of MK being affiliated with crappy DC comics...doesnt he realize how shitty the MK franchise has become...it couldn't get worse

Master-Borg
lol I like his passion though...and he makes a good point about how anal comic book fanboys are lol

starlock
laughing out loud laughing out loud

WrathfulDwarf
The guy is a retard and embarrasment to his parents and MK fans out there.

Anywhoo....I can just picture the fights....

Black Adam vs. Goro

Cheetah vs. that ugly chick with the claws from MK.

Sinestro vs. Raiden.

Zub Zero vs. Mr. Freeze

I want this game. smile

batdude123
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
The guy is a retard and embarrasment to his parents and MK fans out there.

Not really. Most MK message boards really hate this idea.

Master-Borg
characters I want to see from DC:

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter

characters I want to see from MK:

Raiden, Subzero, Scorpion, Goro, Shangsun, liu kang

Kento
Well this is probably the weirdest combination of things I've seen in a while. I wonder which DC will get put in.

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Kento
Well this is probably the weirdest combination of things I've seen in a while. I wonder which DC will get put in. look how well Marvel vs. SF turned out though

Galan007
sbGG7CHxZVs That guy is f*cking 23 years old. none

Kento
Originally posted by Master-Borg
look how well Marvel vs. SF turned out though Good point. I forgot all about Marvel vs Capcom. Not that I was saying anything bad about it though. I'll probably end up getting this game if I got the money. I haven't played a MK game since like SNES.

willRules
sbGG7CHxZVs

laughing

So is Mortal Kombat the upper class of Geeks?? laughing

WrathfulDwarf
Not really. Most MK message boards really hate this idea.

Oh, well...screw them....if they aren't willing to be open minded like us geeky comic book fans....screw them.

Because we all know....MK is Hardcore. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Master-Borg
Originally posted by willRules
laughing

So is Mortal Kombat the upper class of Geeks?? laughing you know, if Mortal Kombat stopped at MK2, they may be able to make that claim....but the current state of MK is pathetic

Newjak
You know this will lead to many Superman vs Scorpion threads , or Green Lantern vs Jaxx threads. Where the game will be used as evidence.

And I will personally spear heading this new movement hmm

LORD B
the guy complains about people in spandex in mk as shit,what do mk characters wear suit,shirt and tie!!. thumb down retard

Galan007
Oh, well...screw them....if they aren't willing to be open minded like us geeky comic book fans....screw them.

Because we all know....MK is Hardcore. roll eyes (sarcastic) I giggled when he bitched about how bad comic fans were, as far as canonicity goes -- when a few breaths before that, the moron said he felt like he got kicked in the nuts after hearing about this.

haermm

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Galan007
I giggled when he bitched about how bad comic fans were, as far as canonicity goes -- when a few breaths before that, the moron said he felt like he got kicked in the nuts after hearing about this.

haermm he is right though...few rival comic fanboys over cannonicity

LORD B
Originally posted by Master-Borg
he is right though...few rival comic fanboys over cannonicity
star wars fans

@st
Gamespot is confirming it now.... http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/mortalkombat/news.html?sid=6189513&tag=topslot;title;1&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot

Cerpin Taxt
http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/xbox-360/news/mortal-kombat-vs-dc-universe-first-trailer/a-200804189373994062/g-20060321132945404017

Now Marvel fanboys everywhere can live out the dream of doing fatalities on Superman.

Endrict Nuul
So, MK is moving on to vs comics now because SF kicked their asses?

Battlehammer

Zub Zero vs. Mr. Freeze

LOL Mr. Freeze would get wtf pwned.

llagrok
Wow, that guy is really butthurt.

Game's got pretty decent graphics, definitely worth trying.

Originally posted by Battlehammer
LOL Mr. Freeze would get wtf pwned.

LOL relevance.

Battlehammer
I thought it was funny that one would be excited for such a lop sided match.

ragesRemorse
you would definitely have to have blood and fatalities...,that is mortal Kombat. I wouldnt mind having them toned down a bit, but otherwise, from first glance it seems like it would feel like a knock off marvel vs capcom.

that article though, from gamestop, sounds like a lot of fun

Blax_Hydralisk
Seeing that annoys me. Because then idiots will be spamming the comic forum with matches like Superman vs. Cyrax. no expression

Superman would solo the mortal kombat universe.

ragesRemorse
oh i found a trailer for it laughing it looks crappy, but i bet it will be fun to play
http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/xbox-360/news/mortal-kombat-vs-dc-universe-first-trailer/a-200804189373994062/g-20060321132945404017

llagrok
Black Adam vs Goro is fair?

Ridley_Prime
Ah yes. I heard about this sometime before. Wasn't exactly sure how to respond to it at first though erm... but that Sub-zero vs Batman cover still looks awesome regardless. big grin

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Seeing that annoys me. Because then idiots will be spamming the comic forum with matches like Superman vs. Cyrax. no expression

Superman would solo the mortal kombat universe.
Well duh.
It might be better/more amusing to see/laugh at than Superman vs the DBZverse though, which I'm sure most of us are pretty sick of by now.

Battlehammer
no black adam murders him

TricksterPriest
Why is no one is thinking about the main issue? Namely, is the game going to be any good? erm IMO, this is going to suck. Before you all stone me to death, let me finish.

General consensus is that the MK series pretty much died after MK3. As a fighting game franchise, it's never been on par with SF, KOF, Tekken, etc.

So why does anyone think Midway will suddenly get it right? no

Marvel vs. Capcom worked, because it was freaking Capcom making the game. Capcom is among the best fighting game guys in history. SNK and Namco are the only companies on the same level as them.

I have a very bad feeling about this game. GOD DAMN IT CAPCOM, MAKE MARVEL VS. DC! OR BETTER YET, MARVEL VS. CAPCOM VS. DC! CAPCOM, DO THIS CONCEPT JUSTICE!!! durhulk

Cerpin Taxt
It's Mortal Kombat, Trick. We all know it's going to suck.

TricksterPriest
Ok, so it's an obvious point. But god damn it, why can't we get a really good fighting game involving DC&Marvel? sad

starlock
Does anybody remember the DC fighting game...i think it was a side view fighting game, i swear i remember fighting darkseid with batman...batkick for the win evil face

I gave up on Mortal kombat after # 2 i think,it never hooked me again confused

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by llagrok
Black Adam vs Goro is fair?

OMFG!!!!! B.A would kill Goro in about 2 seconds.

Avlon
Seeing this crossover made a grown man want to cry.

Shit. That is exactly what Mortal Komcrap has always been. Great, now I finally get a new fighting game with DC characters and it's produced by a company known for making craptastic fighting engines.

Trick and Val are right. Midway=Teh suckage.

Capcom should have gotten this.... Capcom vs DC would have sold loads of copies and probably have years of success in the fighting game circuit. This is just...wrong.

HELL, I would have been happy with a KOF vs DC from SNK just as well.

Endrict Nuul
SF always had better sales than MK.

Menetnashté
Why is everyone hating on MK? MK is ****in' fun man. But this game as we all know is a Marvel vs. Capcom wannabe

Yoshi Paradise
Why are there two threads for this game?

The most obvious answer I can think of is that someone in the Comic Book forums made a thread on the game, but it was moved to the Video Games forums.

Unfortunately, the person who moved the thread didn't know that there was an existing Mortal Kombat 8 thread in the video game forums.

Therefore, the following threads need to be merged together:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f66/t482179.html
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f66/t482193.html

cool It's the best solution.

WrathfulDwarf
Very much looking forward to this game.

Smasandian
Well, atleast we dont get Mortal Kombat 8 with more blood and 5 new characters.

SmashBro
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Why is no one is thinking about the main issue? Namely, is the game going to be any good? erm IMO, this is going to suck. Before you all stone me to death, let me finish.

General consensus is that the MK series pretty much died after MK3. As a fighting game franchise, it's never been on par with SF, KOF, Tekken, etc.

Marvel vs. Capcom worked, because it was freaking Capcom making the game. Capcom is among the best fighting game guys in history. SNK and Namco are the only companies on the same level as them.

I have a very bad feeling about this game. GOD DAMN IT CAPCOM, MAKE MARVEL VS. DC! OR BETTER YET, MARVEL VS. CAPCOM VS. DC! CAPCOM, DO THIS CONCEPT JUSTICE!!! durhulk

Not up to par with Street Fighter? Mortal Kombat 2 pretty much surpassed (and possibly out sold) Street Fighter 2 and was the first game to do so. Plus, Midway has kept on making games and has gain quite a popularity since Deadly Alliance (though not up to the level of MK2) while Capcom is just NOW making a new game, which is why I personally think comparing them now is pointless. SNK, while making some good games, also hadn't been able to recapture it's glory it use to have (similar to Midway and Capcom). Fact is, the MK series isn't dead!

So far, the only companies on top now are Namco and Sega.

And I really look forward to seeing this Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe game.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Smasandian
Well, atleast we dont get Mortal Kombat 8 with more blood and 5 new characters.
I doubt we'd be lucky enough for five. They'd probably just redo everyone to look a lot different and add one new character.

Yoshi Paradise
As long as Jax and Johnny Cage are in this game, there's a high chance that I'll play it.

CaPz
ROFLMAO

ragesRemorse

deadly alliance was alot of fun as was shaolin monks. I agree, i think it will be balls as far as production and design, but im sure it will be fun enough to play. Although armageddon was balls, it was still a nice nod to the fans.

Ridley_Prime
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/1132/postingps3.jpg

Yoshi Paradise
cool False.
Originally posted by starlock
Does anybody remember the DC fighting game...i think it was a side view fighting game, i swear i remember fighting darkseid with batman...batkick for the win evil face

I remember that game.

The only character I used was the Flash.

SmashBro
Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
As long as Jax and Johnny Cage are in this game, there's a high chance that I'll play it.

And I might get it if Liu Kang is in it. Hopefully, Midway won't make the same mistake they did with DA.

Oh and I expect to see Doomsday as a Goro type boss.

Yoshi Paradise
What did Midway do with Deadly Alliance?

Kazenji
Yea what was wrong with Deadly alliance

imo It was a good game for that gen of consoles (PS2, X-box, gamecube) and plus midway would've had to do with something or stick with the PS1 graphics (MK4)

Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt

Now Marvel fanboys everywhere can live out the dream of doing fatalities on Superman.

Don't you mean DC ?

Smasandian

SaTsuJiN
this games gonna blow hard...both franchises havent seen a good game since the year of the flood.. OH BUT I'M SURE MIDWAY WILL DELIVER!.. lmfao

Smasandian
Or Ed Boon for that matter.

A developer who has been living on MK2.

I'm not surprised he's still there because MK games make alot of money (even though its the same game, but with added fighting styles!!)

SmashBro
What did Midway do with Deadly Alliance?

They killed Liu Kang.

Yoshi Paradise
Oh.

Well, at least he came back as a zombie.

SmashBro
Oh.

Well, at least he came back as a zombie.

Yeah and the fact that they have it where you can play his regular form too (though I wish they made them separate characters, Ryu and Evil Ryu or Jin and Devil Jin). Also, Ed Boon said that he's gonna be putting the more popular and recognizeable MK characters so I guess Liu Kang fits in that category.

Yoshi Paradise
Well, he's pretty much the main character of the franchise.

A Mortal Kombat game without Lui Kang is like a Street Fighter game without Ryu.

geshien
it's such a odd combination.

i dunno, mk: armaggedon wasn't very good. hell, people found all kinds of glitches with it. i even made a infinite glitch video on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBwdJbCS0EI

(i'm so shameless) innocent

imo, the last decent mk game was deadly alliance. (although, whenever i hear people complain that the last good mk game was mk2 i just laugh. people who say that tend to suck at the later versions.)

moreover, i heard a rumor there's no more fatalities. wtf!? isn't that mortal kombats' selling point?

it was bad enough that the last game didn't have any signature finishers but, no finishers!? i surely hope that's not true.

the concept is kinda cool and hopefully they kept the create a fighter feature. it's still odd that this is happening.

i can't say as i'm excited but i am anxious to see how it all turns out.

Blax_Hydralisk
Or a Yoshi game without Yoshi.

no expression

Yeah MK:A's lack of signature fatalities pissed me off as well.

SmashBro
Well, he's pretty much the main character of the franchise.

A Mortal Kombat game without Lui Kang is like a Street Fighter game without Ryu.

I agree with that.

P23
i love this idea. if you really think about it alot of people want a marvel vs capcom 3 witch is basicly sf vs marvel. the way i look at it is mk vs dc is new and fresh and personally i believe alot of the people who ***** and moan about it sucking will go out and buy it and enjoy it. it may seem a bit corny but maybe this can be a whole new thing. the way i look at it is this mk vs dc game may be a game before the actuall mk 8 all i have to say is wait for more info rent it and then give your reviews.

JacopeX
As a so called "Fighting game guru" I believe this will totally work. As long as Midway adds the right characters instead of the very crap and pointless characters, then they will be good. DC however.....I can care less really. The anticipation is just like SF4's anticipation. You will see the average fanboys ***** about a new game even though the game will of course be a success. smile

And No, MK and SF > All. cool And I disagree, Deception was pretty much the last decent game that ever came out. Armaggedon left me unhappy. This new game better not blow, that is all I can say.

P23
Originally posted by JacopeX
As a so called "Fighting game guru" I believe this will totally work. As long as Midway adds the right characters instead of the very crap and pointless characters, then they will be good. DC however.....I can care less really. The anticipation is just like SF4's anticipation. You will see the average fanboys ***** about a new game even though the game will of course be a success. smile

And No, MK and SF > All. cool And I disagree, Deception was pretty much the last decent game that ever came out. Armaggedon left me unhappy. This new game better not blow, that is all I can say.

i luv deception im currently playing it. as for mk vs dc i believe itll do great. the gaming comunity is still fanboyish around marvel vs capcom so i believe mk vs dc will do just as good

JacopeX
I hate how people consider Marvel Vs. Capcom a type of Fighting game series if it is not nothing but a bunch of characters from other series mixed into one game. closedeyes

But yes I agree, Marvel Vs. Capcom is getting overrated thanks to the fanboys but I still own MVC2 for X-Box. wink

P23
I hate how people consider Marvel Vs. Capcom a type of Fighting game series if it is not nothing but a bunch of characters from other series mixed into one game. closedeyes

But yes I agree, Marvel Vs. Capcom is getting overrated thanks to the fanboys but I still own MVC2 for X-Box. wink

the only fear i have is the villains from the comics. id love to see joker mr.freeze and maybe penguin. i dont care for wonder woman or cat woman.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by geshien
imo, the last decent mk game was deadly alliance.
I thought the last decent one was Deception. It beat Deadly Alliance by a landslide, but that's just me.

Originally posted by geshien
(although, whenever i hear people complain that the last good mk game was mk2 i just laugh. people who say that tend to suck at the later versions.)
Now that I agree with. stick out tongue

As for the infinite combo glitch you posted on MKA, lol. Nice. laughing

As for there being no fatalities in this MK vs DC game, can't say I'm surprised. erm For some reason, this just doesn't seem like the type of game that would have fatalities, but that doesn't mean it's gonna suck.
Besides, it would sort of be a little offending to see something like Scorpion killing Superman with his "toasty" fatality.

... yeah. I think it's best they don't have fatalities for this game, but if this were like any other Mortal Kombat game, then I would think otherwise.

Yoshi Paradise
I just want to see some more gameplay footage.

The trailer barely showed anything.

Ridley_Prime
Well, as long as the gameplay's alright, I'll be fine with it. As I kinda said, fatalities aren't meant for this sort of game.

Edit: And to those who say Deadly Alliance wasn't a good game because of Liu Kang dying, goes to show ya'll overrate him way too much erm, even if he is one of the main characters in the series. Personally, I was more irked at how Raiden became ruthless and stuff after his sacrifise against Onaga.

Yoshi Paradise
Well, I can't imagine a game with both fatalities and comic book characters.

Instead of fatalities, there might be "super attacks" that can be performed during the matches. Although I doubt that would happen, it would be pretty cool.

Ridley_Prime

Instead of fatalities, there might be "super attacks" that can be performed during the matches. Although I doubt that would happen, it would be pretty cool.
Yeah. I agree.

I imagine it will have something like that (for both the DC and MK characters). smile

--------

And as far as what MK characters will be in it, I doubt it'll have Onaga, sadly. But from the cover, we can already tell it'll have Sub-zero, so I don't see why they wouldn't have Scorpion as well. erm I just hope they also include Shang Tsung and Johnny Cage.

TricksterPriest
Tche, as if any Mortal Kombat game is as good as MvC2. roll eyes (sarcastic) SFA, KOF, GG and CvS all are vastly superior fighting game engines compared to MK.

MK is on the same level as DOA, IE: it's not considered a 'great' fighting game series. Lack of depth, lack of creativity, and limited innovation.

There's a reason why most hardcore fighting game players ignore MK, it's because the series isn't a high level fighter.

Blax_Hydralisk
Mortal Kombat is my all time favorite fighting game, but it's true. MK really isn't known for it's depth... if not for it's gratuitous amounts of violence it probably would never have made it this far.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

Edit: And to those who say Deadly Alliance wasn't a good game because of Liu Kang dying, goes to show ya'll overrate him way too much erm, .

And not to mention it was part of the plot plus they had to do something to keep the games going.

Blax_Hydralisk
Meh.

Lu Kang was awesome.

Deathstroke

Yeah, I believe it was said somewhere that there would be finishing moves, but they just wouldn't be spine ripping and such.

Blax_Hydralisk
*sighs*

Seeing Johnny Cage fatality Superman... *facepalm*

Yoshi Paradise
*sighs*

Seeing Johnny Cage fatality Superman... *facepalm*

laughing out loud You used "fatality" as a verb.

Blax_Hydralisk
Really??????????

Crap. Now what do I do?!?!?!

Ridley_Prime
Meh. I suppose the DC fans flaming MK because of the announcement of this game was inevitable erm, or maybe the Batman fanboys are just pissed off at seeing Sub-zero kicking his ass laughing out loud (Don't get me wrong though. He's always been my favorite DC superhero in general).

As for the crap about MK's lack of depth and lack of creativity, why some of ya'll even care about that is beyond me. Fighting game series aren't primarily meant or known for that. If you want to see a bunch of depth and creativity, go play an adventure or RPG. roll eyes (sarcastic) Fighting series for the most part, have always been simply for hardcore pummelling action. Mortal Kombat delivers... though I too admit it wouldn't of gotten this far were it not for its ridiculous amount of violence.

SmashBro
Edit: And to those who say Deadly Alliance wasn't a good game because of Liu Kang dying, goes to show ya'll overrate him way too much erm, even if he is one of the main characters in the series. Personally, I was more irked at how Raiden became ruthless and stuff after his sacrifise against Onaga.

I didn't say it was bad because Liu Kang was killed. I like DA, I was just saying that many fans like myself was disappointed with the idea and that just shows how popular he is and thus, shouldn't miss another Mortal Kombat (like Scorpion and Sub-Zero).

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by SmashBro
I didn't say it was bad because Liu Kang was killed. I like DA, I was just saying that many fans like myself was disappointed with the idea and that just shows how popular he is and thus, shouldn't miss another Mortal Kombat (like Scorpion and Sub-Zero).
Oh, okay. When you put it that way, I agree.

And yeah. I doubt any of those 3 will be missing in action in any future MK game stick out tongue (including MK vs DC).

Blax_Hydralisk
Meh. I suppose the DC fans flaming MK because of the announcement of this game was inevitable erm, or maybe the Batman fanboys are just pissed off at seeing Sub-zero kicking his ass laughing out loud (Don't get me wrong though. He's always been my favorite DC superhero in general).

What's funny is that no one who has posted in here is a DC fanboy.

Because some of us actually play fighting games hardcore and like games that require strategy and have depth? I wasn't aware that was a bad thing.

Depends on who you ask.

No actually... that's not true. Fighting games are for the most part so people can get skilled at them and fight each other... and just because it's about "pummeling" someone doesn't mean it can't do so tactfully. If you want a game that offers no actual depth, go play Halo. If you'd take a second to notice, most fighting games are officially reviewed based on the gameplay and the fighting system. Both of which are apart of depth. So, you're incorrect.

And... there we go.

SmashBro
Besides, it would sort of be a little offending to see something like Scorpion killing Superman with his "toasty" fatality.

You think that's crazy enough? You got fans actually WANT to see that happen. I've been to so many boards and some fans have been saying some of the most disturbing things I've ever heard. They say stuff like "cool, I get to finally kill Superman" or "cool, I get to finally rip Superman's head off". It's ridiculous and is very unusual behavior.

I really don't understand this sudden urge to kill Superman. It's stupid and pointless.

Kazenji
I agree

don't know how this and Marvel vs Streefighter is any different we all know with the DC vs MK Superman and a few others could take out all the MK characters, And with Marvel vs Streefighter same deal i bet before that came out but hey it all worked out in the end.

Ridley_Prime
What's funny is that no one who has posted in here is a DC fanboy.
What's also funny is I never even mentioned "DC fanboys" in my post. I said fans...

Because some of us actually play fighting games hardcore and like games that require strategy and have depth? I wasn't aware that was a bad thing.
It's not, but criticizing something like MK because of lacking something that it's clearly not meant for is still stupid regardless.

Might as well criticize a racing game for not having violence in it.

Fighting games are for the most part so people can get skilled at them and fight each other...
I was gonna add that part while I was at it, but felt it was too obvious to even need to be mentioned, but thanks for pointing it out anyway, I guess.

and just because it's about "pummeling" someone doesn't mean it can't do so tactfully.
Never said it couldn't. erm

Like most fighters, MK games have combo systems and what not, so you can pummel opponents tactfully in them...

If you want a game that offers no actual depth, go play Halo.
Been there, done that.

If you'd take a second to notice, most fighting games are officially reviewed based on the gameplay and the fighting system. Both of which are apart of depth. So, you're incorrect.
Depends on what "depth" you're referring to. You're obviously referring to gameplay depth.
I was only referring to plot/story depth, which fighting games usually lack most.

You think that's crazy enough? You got fans actually WANT to see that happen. I've been to so many boards and some fans have been saying some of the most disturbing things I've ever heard. They say stuff like "cool, I get to finally kill Superman" or "cool, I get to finally rip Superman's head off". It's ridiculous and is very unusual behavior.

I really don't understand this sudden urge to kill Superman. It's stupid and pointless.
Heh. Can't really say I'm surprised by those reactions, but yeah. I don't really understand all that either. It is pretty absurd...

Wouldn't be surprised though if most of those people were just Narutards or DBZtards seeking a new way to "prove" that their favorite character can beat Superman. xd

don't know how this and Marvel vs Streefighter is any different
It's not.
People who hate or dislike MK for whatever reason are just trying to make it seem right in their mind that it is.

we all know with the DC vs MK Superman and a few others could take out all the MK characters
Yep, and I still have yet to see anyone here argue against that... so I don't really see the problem with this MK vs DC game.

And with Marvel vs Streefighter same deal i bet before that came out but hey it all worked out in the end.
Heh. Yeah...
I'm pretty confident that this will work out in the end too. smile

CaPz
I cant wait for this game.

SaTsuJiN
cuz despite their not changing their formula too often.. capcom CAN program.. unlike midway

a marvel vs DC game by capcom would have been far more worth everyones time than the disappointment this is going to leave behind

Kazenji
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN

a marvel vs DC game by capcom would have been far more worth everyones time than the disappointment this is going to leave behind

Say what you want its not going to affect my opinion....

SaTsuJiN
I didnt say it to affect your opinion.. I said it to express mine, which if I recall is one of the many points of discussing things on a message board

HueyFreeman
Meh people complain about Mk not changing their formula. Street fighter is the same. Their have been so many street fighter 2 games its enough to make your head hurt. Most fighters never change after their first strike at gold. Guilty Gear, SF, SNK, tekken, and sc are sll victims of this. Just strap on 3 new characters, 4 new areas and charge 60 dollars seems to be the motto of the fighting game industry.

Eon Blue
I can't wait. I'm eager with anticipation for this game.

Menetnashté

How in the hell is that the most disturbing thing you've ever heard...some people just generally dislike the Superman character, and they'd enjoy ripping out his spine. The point of MK is pretty much killing people in awesome ways. It's supposed to be cool.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
Meh people complain about Mk not changing their formula. Street fighter is the same. Their have been so many street fighter 2 games its enough to make your head hurt. Most fighters never change after their first strike at gold. Guilty Gear, SF, SNK, tekken, and sc are sll victims of this. Just strap on 3 new characters, 4 new areas and charge 60 dollars seems to be the motto of the fighting game industry.
Co-signed. yes thumb up Couldn't have said it better myself.

Yoshi Paradise

Neo Darkhalen

no expression

agreed.

WrathfulDwarf
Yeah, MK fans are acting like someone raped their moms or something. Get over it. It's MK for pete's sake.

SmashBro

Neo Darkhalen
he was superman, thats all you need to know to hate him.

SmashBro
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen

Come on, there's gotta be more to it because I sure don't hate him.

Yoshi Paradise

roll eyes (sarcastic) That was a very helpful answer.

I think it's disturbing people would play this game for the sole purpose of killing a character like Superman. I really don't see what he did to deserve their hatred in the first place.

Since Superman is one of the many powerful comic book characters, people may find it pleasing to kill him once and for all, even if it's just in a video game.

Even some of the people on KMC would love to rip Superman's spine out of his body since they can't stand their favorite character losing to him in a debate. haermm

SmashBro
Since Superman is one of the many powerful comic book characters, people may find it pleasing to kill him once and for all, even if it's just in a video game.

Even some of the people on KMC would love to rip Superman's spine out of his body since they can't stand their favorite character losing to him in a debate. haermm

laughing Those are the only people who I can see wanting to do that.

Ridley_Prime
laughing Those are the only people who I can see wanting to do that.
Yeah. Same here.

In fact, I think those are the only people wanting to do that (namely the Narutards and DBZtards).

Yoshi Paradise
Yeah. Same here.

In fact, I think those are the only people wanting to do that (namely the Narutards and DBZtards).

In other words, fanboys in general. laughing out loud

Anyway, does anybody think that this game will have an actual story to it? I can't think of anything that would bring the DC characters and Mortal Kombat characters together.

HueyFreeman
I think it also has to do with his character in general. Superman is a good book to read in small doses to me but I think most people don't like him because hes so hard to relate too. Hes financially well off, he really doesn't have family issues, he can't be hurt, everyone likes him, and most look up to him. So wheres the conflict. He has the perfect life (which doesn't bode well for a comic book series) Its through trial and tribulations, mistakes, and being the underdog that people love which is why more people tend to gravitate toward Spiderman, Batman, X-men ect.

Menetnashté
MK is NOT made just so people can kill characters. You don't have to perform Fatalities, they provide you with an option to do that and yes, I think it's disturbing people would play this game for the sole purpose of killing a character like Superman. I really don't see what he did to deserve their hatred in the first place.
I really dislike superman and wouldn't mind ripping out his spinal cord. But I don't fall under any of the above categories I just generally hate the character.

S_D_J
I like Superman... It's Batman the one I want to rip his head off evil face

SaTsuJiN
Most fighters never change after their first strike at gold. then mortal kombat should not have changed since 2 (save for balance tweaks, cuz mileena was a beast)

3 was dial-a-combo no brainer gameplay

4 was.. interesting..(not necessarily in a good way)

I loved the idea of having 3 seperate fighting styles.. but what the hells the point if its more dial-a-combo crap again?

people fell in love with its interesting control scheme.. simple play mechanics and over the top violence.. I dunno why they bothered changing it.. though I have to say the best thing that came from MK3 was the run button

In other words, fanboys in general. laughing out loud

Anyway, does anybody think that this game will have an actual story to it? I can't think of anything that would bring the DC characters and Mortal Kombat characters together.

its probably gonna be something dumb like "oh noes (insert name of new ruler of outland) has opened a portal into gotham city and ninjas are tearing everyones spinal cords out.. are you a bad enough dude to close the portal?"

SmashBro

Blax_Hydralisk
no expression

ragesRemorse
You hate him for what though? All you're basically saying is "I hate Superman, I wanna kill him". I mean, what's up with that?

Superman isn't real wink

Neo Darkhalen
roll eyes (sarcastic) That was a very helpful answer.

I'm a very helpful guy stick out tongue

and laughing to the 2nd statement.

But Superman is to perfect, nothing can hurt him and he has no real issues to deal with, he's boring and his villains are not inspiring either, his arch foe is a bald man, wow that's really imaginative, all in all Superman is like a god he can't be beat so really what is the point, he can do anything and everything and his villains leave alot to be desired.

In other words...

I think it also has to do with his character in general. Superman is a good book to read in small doses to me but I think most people don't like him because hes so hard to relate too. Hes financially well off, he really doesn't have family issues, he can't be hurt, everyone likes him, and most look up to him. So wheres the conflict. He has the perfect life (which doesn't bode well for a comic book series) Its through trial and tribulations, mistakes, and being the underdog that people love which is why more people tend to gravitate toward Spiderman, Batman, X-men ect.

SmashBro
I don't think anybody can relate to Goku and look how overrated he is? You're making it seem like there's nothing wrong with Superman but correct if I'm wrong, but I think Superman does have a fear of getting too strong (as his powers had overloaded before).

Also, the only Superman villain you can think of is Lex Luthor? What about Darkseid? Doomsday? Zod? And what do you mean "can't be beat"? You're acting like he's impossible to kill when he's came close to death before (and I think he did die once). Heck, he's not even the strongest or fastest in his universe so I really can't say he's perfect.

And yet, I still don't find this as a good reason to hate him. "I can't relate to him, he's too perfect, that's why I want him dead". It just doesn't cut it for me.

SmashBro
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Superman isn't real wink

Yeah, so?

Neo Darkhalen
I don't think anybody can relate to Goku and look how overrated he is? You're making it seem like there's nothing wrong with Superman but correct if I'm wrong, but I think Superman does have a fear of getting too strong (as his powers had overloaded before).

Also, the only Superman villain you can think of is Lex Luthor? What about Darkseid? Doomsday? Zod? And what do you mean "can't be beat"? You're acting like he's impossible to kill when he's came close to death before (and I think he did die once). Heck, he's not even the strongest or fastest in his universe so I really can't say he's perfect.

Yeah I only know of brainiac, doomsday and Darksied, but i said main villain, like goblin is Spider-Man and the Joker is Batman.

Superman is just boring and annoying, Goku is great because he has interesting villains, conflicts with himself and strong villains, I hate the DC universe bar from Batman, it fails compered to Marvels universe, but back to the subject Goku has a personality and is interesting unlike Superman, because Goku can be hurt he does die, he does have weaknesses, real ones not fictional like a chunk of rock that glows.

S_D_J
laughing

What does Dragon Bull$hit have to do with MK?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

SmashBro
Yeah I only know of brainiac, doomsday and Darksied, but i said main villain, like goblin is Spider-Man and the Joker is Batman.

Lex is still pretty famous though.

Superman is just boring and annoying, Goku is great because he has interesting villains, conflicts with himself and strong villains, I hate the DC universe bar from Batman, it fails compered to Marvels universe, but back to the subject Goku has a personality and is interesting unlike Superman, because Goku can be hurt he does die, he does have weaknesses, real ones not fictional like a chunk of rock that glows.

Superman has a personality too and I truly don't agree that Goku's villians are more interesting, as there's hardly anything interesting about them. Plus, Goku's only weakness was a tail that he no longer has while Superman has THREE weaknesses: kryptonite, red sun, and magic. Goku lacks an education and a job, all which plays into his personality as he can be a bit childish at times, even though he's an adult. And I sure can't picture someone like that being married. I really don't see who can relate to someone like that. Also, Superman has been in different relationships which I'm also pretty sure people can relate too.

SmashBro
Originally posted by S_D_J
laughing

What does Dragon Bull$hit have to do with MK?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

I was really talking about why people hate Superman so much and some say it's because he's too perfect, and not able to relate and I brought up Goku because I don't think ANYBODY can relate to him, yet people overrate him to an extremly high degree.

HueyFreeman

And yet, I still don't find this as a good reason to hate him. "I can't relate to him, he's too perfect, that's why I want him dead". It just doesn't cut it for me. Gokus whole career has been that of the underdog. Each enemy was always stronger until goku pulled a cat out of the bag. Its rather formulaic when you think about it but hey "how many rocky movies have their been?" As far as the comments on other villians, they usually don't turn out well. Darkseid is a shadow of his former self and Doomsday has been reduced in status. Personally I dont hate Superman and collect his series quite often but I know too many people who can't stand him. I think it has to do with the fact that he represents the golden age (the age in which everything turned out well in the end) that people dont like.

SmashBro
Gokus whole career has been that of the underdog. Each enemy was always stronger until goku pulled a cat out of the bag. Its rather formulaic when you think about it but hey "how many rocky movies have their been?" As far as the comments on other villians, they usually don't turn out well. Darkseid is a shadow of his former self and Doomsday has been reduced in status. Personally I dont hate Superman and collect his series quite often but I know too many people who can't stand him. I think it has to do with the fact that he represents the golden age (the age in which everything turned out well in the end) that people dont like.

Well the same thing went for Superman. It's not like all of his villains were weaker than he is. I don't quite see Goku as the underdog in his series, it's just that he oftenly underestimated. Also, unlike Superman, Goku doesn't fight the same villain over and over, which if he did, they would not doubt turn out be like how you describe Darkseid or Doomsday. I can see people of the newer generation disliking Superman since he came out long before they were born (and thus, kinda old school) but people to hate him so much to the point that they wanna kill him as soon as they get chance (like this Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe game) are crazy.

Neo Darkhalen
I just hate Superman, i don't even know if i have a reason, i just found his stories to be dull and boring, and when you arch villain is that of a guy who hates you because you cost him his hair, it says alot about the creativity of it all.

Anyhow back onto the topic of MK8...

SmashBro
I just hate Superman, i don't even know if i have a reason, i just found his stories to be dull and boring, and when you arch villain is that of a guy who hates you because you cost him his hair, it says alot about the creativity of it all.

Yep, after saying all of that, I can truly see that you don't have a reason like you said.

Anyhow back onto the topic of MK8...

I can't believe people still call it that.

Neo Darkhalen
Yep, after saying all of that, I can truly see that you don't have a reason like you said.

I can't believe people still call it that.

I was being sarcastic about the whole i have no reason thing, you don't pick up on things do you?

Really Superman is dull and boring, mr. I can do anything i want and no one can stop me, i have no troubles in my life and i can do anything i want, everything will be better tomorrow, oh look a thug really super villain material there, really Superman is for people who really don't care for stories or characters.

JacopeX
AM I the only one who saw great potential in the Fighting System of all MK games. erm

Tche, as if any Mortal Kombat game is as good as MvC2. roll eyes (sarcastic) SFA, KOF, GG and CvS all are vastly superior fighting game engines compared to MK. No.....
MKT > MvC
SF3TS>KOF

As for Guilty Gear, I give it credit.

MK is on the same level as DOA, I LOL'd.....HARD!

IE: it's not considered a 'great' fighting game series. Lack of depth, lack of creativity, and limited innovation.

There's a reason why most hardcore fighting game players ignore MK, it's because the series isn't a high level fighter. Lack of creativity? Have you even played the entire series and looked into the story of it at all??? The characters are probably the most original. Mortal Kombat isp robably one of the best fighting Games ever as it has made a huge impact upon Fighting games and its new level of violence and action. I played the series since the first one and even in 3D I still say its at a very good level.

Neo Darkhalen
MK8 is going to be a bad game, it had a wide selection of fighters, i agree with Jacope's last post, fighter wise it has some of the most creative, perhaps Tekken has the most original fighters but MK comes second.

Edit: NO BLOOD, NO FATALITY'S........WTH!!!!!!

JacopeX
I hate Tekken and VF. no expression

Plus, Mortal Kombat also took Gaming to whole new level of gore as well. I mean, the game never loses fanbase and had such fan base for a long time. Last time I checked, it has increased. wink

I just think MK is the only reason Midway is still alive. laughing out loud

Neo Darkhalen
This game is going to be bad, i read the first post and well.....no just no.

JacopeX
I think it will be decent. Bad? No, that is just jumping to conclusions. I mean, as long as DC and Midway have both agreed in terms of creating a game for FANBASE ONLY then to me, MK is fine. As for the game, I will still buy it. For some reason, I might enjoy it. But I also predict being upset as well.

Uh, how are we going to mix both storylines together....dur

SmashBro
I was being sarcastic about the whole i have no reason thing, you don't pick up on things do you?

Well how do you expect people to pick up on your sarcasm if you don't be clear about it? Ever heard of smilies?

Really Superman is dull and boring, mr. I can do anything i want and no one can stop me, i have no troubles in my life and i can do anything i want, everything will be better tomorrow, oh look a thug really super villain material there, really Superman is for people who really don't care for stories or characters.

You're not quite up to date with Superman, are you? Because he doesn't always fight thugs, as he fought many different supernatural beings (I hope you consider those super villain material). And I don't see how Superman doesn't have any troubles with his life. I mean, he's not perfect. He's got a job, has to save people, and trying to keep his identity a secret. You call that an easy life?

Ridley_Prime
And what do you mean "can't be beat"? You're acting like he's impossible to kill when he's came close to death before (and I think he did die once).
Yep. He did at one point.

Noedf3JhFYA

AM I the only one who saw great potential in the Fighting System of all MK games. erm
Definitely not stick out tongue, and I agree with the things you said against Trickster.

SmashBro

You're definitely not the only one because I do too.

Neo Darkhalen

No i agree with that. smile

You're not quite up to date with Superman, are you? Because he doesn't always fight thugs, as he fought many different supernatural beings (I hope you consider those super villain material). And I don't see how Superman doesn't have any troubles with his life. I mean, he's not perfect. He's got a job, has to save people, and trying to keep his identity a secret. You call that an easy life?

compered to Spider-Mans yes.

SmashBro
compered to Spider-Mans yes.

Heck, even Beast had easier life than Spiderman but comparing lives is not the point.

Neo Darkhalen
Heck, even Beast had easier life than Spiderman but comparing lives is not the point.

Then why did you just do it?

Yoshi Paradise
Anyway, I have a feeling that this game will be similar to Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects.

I wouldn't mind, though.

HueyFreeman
Mks appeal also has to do with story. Unlike most fighters its stories are intriguing, ranging in a rich history. Most people I know don't care about the storylines for SF, SNK, or Tekken as long as their favorite character are in it. Mk is one of the few fighters where most of the people I know want to know what happened since the previous installment.

SmashBro
Then why did you just do it?

That was simply to point out something. I asked you a question and you didn't give me the kind of answer I wanted. I didn't ask you to compare something.

ragesRemorse
Yeah, so?

so whats the big deal if someone sarcastically condemns him?

would it be more acceptable if he were saying he wants to kill darth vadar for betraying the jedi?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>