God and Mammals?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Da Pittman
What makes God treat the human mammal different than the other mammal in his kingdom? In the Bible it says that the animals will have a place in heaven but they do not have to follow any of the laws set forth by God so what makes it different that humans have to? Why would God give the free will and a sprit/soul to one and not all of his creations?

Now I know the first argument will be that humans are not mammals/animals but let us take a look at what all mammals have in common.

Hair: All mammals have hair, so do humans
Milk: The female of the species produce milk for the young, so do humans
Jaw Bone: The jaw bone is a single bone, so do humans
Middle Ear: The middle ear has 3 bones, so do humans
Heart: The mail artery leaving the heart curves to the left, so do humans
Diaphragm: Mammals have a diaphragm, so do humans
Body Temperature: Mammals maintain a constant body temperature, so do humans
Young: Mammals fertilize their young internally, so do humans
Brain: Mammals have larger brain size, so do humans
Teeth: Teeth are a different sizes and functions, so do humans

So why are we treated different in the eyes of God, what made us special that we could suffer his wraith and not the other mammals?

Shakyamunison
It is not god that treats us humans differently. It is humans that treat other animals differently.

Da Pittman
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
It is not god that treats us humans differently. It is humans that treat other animals differently. I don't remember that animals have to worship God and they are not sent to Hell if they don't wink

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Da Pittman
I don't remember that animals have to worship God and they are not sent to Hell if they don't wink

Well, you know what I am going to say... Hell is not a place you go after you die.

Da Pittman
Well, you know what I am going to say... Hell is not a place you go after you die. Hell is a place in Michigan that you go to live stick out tongue

Shakyamunison
Hell is a place in Michigan that you go to live stick out tongue

I think Deb lives in Michigan. eek!

Grand_Moff_Gav
Humans are sentient beings.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
Humans are sentient beings.

What does that mean?

Da Pittman
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
Humans are sentient beings. What is your definition?

Devil King
What makes God treat the human mammal different than the other mammal in his kingdom? In the Bible it says that the animals will have a place in heaven but they do not have to follow any of the laws set forth by God so what makes it different that humans have to? Why would God give the free will and a sprit/soul to one and not all of his creations?

Now I know the first argument will be that humans are not mammals/animals but let us take a look at what all mammals have in common.

So why are we treated different in the eyes of God, what made us special that we could suffer his wraith and not the other mammals?

What's the verse that addresses animals in heaven?

Mindship
Ready, set, go...
What makes God treat the human mammal different than the other mammal in his kingdom? In the Bible it says that the animals will have a place in heaven but they do not have to follow any of the laws set forth by God so what makes it different that humans have to? Because God gave humans the Bible. Animals just get honorable mention in the Bible.

Why would God give the free will and a sprit/soul to one and not all of his creations? I don't know about the soul part. The free will part? For all animals? Isn't the planet a big enough mess as is? I can see it now..."Herbivores of the World, Unite! Down with Carnivore Oppression!" Now, being that there are more Herbis than Carns, the Carns will have to set up a stealth predator network...that is, if they can organize as well as the Herbis (ie, assuming they decide not to eat each other).

Jesus Jeffrey Christ, just the politics alone will make human-only affairs look positively simplistic...

smokin'

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mindship
... smokin'

What are you smoking? eek! laughing

Mindship
What are you smoking? eek! laughing The Animal Farm Manifesto.

Shakyamunison
The Animal Farm Manifesto.

I can't even imagine the health risks that involves.

Da Pittman
Originally posted by Devil King
What's the verse that addresses animals in heaven? Here is a bunch

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/w/w_lasalle/

Shakyamunison
Here is a bunch

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/w/w_lasalle/

This is also a great example of how interpretation has a lot to do with what the bible actually says.

Deja~vu
It is not god that treats us humans differently. It is humans that treat other animals differently. Absolutely!

Humans feel they are above everything, everybody, animals and including taking care of our earth. Humans can be very selfish, egotistical and superficial.

Da Pittman
This is also a great example of how interpretation has a lot to do with what the bible actually says. I would rather be classified as an animal, then you get a free ride without all the work. laughing

Deja~vu
Hell is a place in Michigan that you go to live stick out tongue Yes it is...

http://www.hell2u.com/

big grin

Shakyamunison
I would rather be classified as an animal, then you get a free ride without all the work. laughing
I am an animal. wink

Deja~vu
I can be...but I'm not...

Transfinitum

There is a very simple answer, Humans were made in the image and likeness of God, and so they posses things (such as rational souls) that mammals (or animals in general) lack. This is why Humans are special in the eyes of God.

DigiMark007
There's other rational animals, and also those who possess limited amounts of consciousness. It's not an all or nothing scenario with these things, it's a spectrum. We just happen to be at the higher end of it, thanks to the neural complexity that we've evolved.

Transfinitum
Originally posted by DigiMark007
There's other rational animals, and also those who possess limited amounts of consciousness. It's not an all or nothing scenario with these things, it's a spectrum. We just happen to be at the higher end of it, thanks to the neural complexity that we've evolved.
Notice how I said "rational souls ". Its not a matter of biology, in this case, but a matter of theology.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Transfinitum
There is a very simple answer, Humans were made in the image and likeness of God, and so they posses things (such as rational souls) that mammals (or animals in general) lack. This is why Humans are special in the eyes of God.

Souls do not exist. Please prove me wrong. We are mammals. stick out tongue

Transfinitum
Souls do not exist. Please prove me wrong. We are mammals. stick out tongue
Very well then, if you do not believe in souls then there still is the fact that humans were made in the IMAGE AND LIKENESS OF GOD. That also explains why God views humans as special, for they are to closet creations to Him.

Da Pittman
Very well then, if you do not believe in souls then there still is the fact that humans were made in the IMAGE AND LIKENESS OF GOD. That also explains why God views humans as special, for they are to closet creations to Him. So God is a mammal??? confused

Deja~vu
So God is a mammal??? confused Good point...

He is half mamal.. confused

ushomefree
I enjoyed this thread; excellent questions!

Simply said, human beings are made in the image of Almighty God. Human beings have conscience; human beings have "souls," and inherently, experience the sense of morality. For example, all man has intrinsic value--the right to freedom and happiness.

This--I am sorry--is a loaded question. It is dogmatic to assume animals reside in heaven after death.

Please read: "Do pets/animals go to Heaven? Do pets/animals have souls?"

Human beings are made in the image of Almighty God; think of human beings are more advanced, and therefore, have separate standards.

Human beings are mammals; but humans beings are "soulish" creatures. I can elaborate if need be.

Humans beings are not robots; human beings have souls, and therefore, have a sense of morality--right and wrong. Human beings have options--a choice. Humans beings are "instinctively" aware of Almighty God. Animals are not.

Deja~vu
Speaking of souls again. It does not mean a spirit, only life of the body.

According to the Bible god made everything and said it was good. Animals give pleasure. Would god keep pleasure away from man in heaven?

ushomefree
How so?

Deja~vu
Originally posted by ushomefree
How so? The original Hebrew stated in many scriptures that a soul mean life/lives.

Though I do not know the scriptures, but can look them up, it was said that many souls died during the time of Moses and his travels. There are many such saying in the Old Testiment. One is "and god breathed a soul into Adam." Meaning that Adam was now a living being. "And Adam became a living soul."
If I remember correctly.

ushomefree
Yes, that is correct. But what is your point?

Deja~vu
Yes, that is correct. But what is your point?

Souls do not have intelligence nor morals.

Da Pittman

ushomefree
Do you deny that you have intrinsic value?

Deja~vu
Do you deny that you have limited knowledge of the ancient language and what was actually meant?

Da Pittman
Do you deny that you have intrinsic value? confused

Everything on the planet has intrinsic value?

How about answering the question instead of answering it with another question. wink

ushomefree
Answer the question.

Deja~vu
Answer the question. We are still waiting for yours. smile

Da Pittman
Answer the question. I did confused
confused

Everything on the planet has intrinsic value?

How about answering the question instead of answering it with another question. wink
Plus where are your manners? It is not nice to demand something of someone. wink

ushomefree
What does "ancient language" have to so with anything? Seriously, stay on topic.

Deja~vu
What does "ancient language" have to so with anything? Seriously, stay on topic. It has EVERYTHING to do with what was actually meant. It is the translation of those languages that changed the meanings of it. Learn the ancient language and you'll understand what was actually being conveyed. smile

ushomefree
OK... great! What did the Scriptures state?

Da Pittman
OK... great! What did the Scriptures state? So your dodging my questions? I answered yours, did I not give you the answer that you were looking for? confused

Deja~vu
In this circumstance I believe the question has already been answered, but there are many others.

This being "off topic," also says that "god changes not" If that is so, then why is it wrong to have many wives and concubines. David was the apple of gods eye and he had hundreds.

But that is for another time.

Look up certain words in your concordance and you'll see the true meanings of what is meant. Also look at Jewish writings, since they were the ones that would certainly understand the meanings.

They wrote the Bible, so to say, except for Luke.

Shakyamunison
Very well then, if you do not believe in souls then there still is the fact that humans were made in the IMAGE AND LIKENESS OF GOD. That also explains why God views humans as special, for they are to closet creations to Him.

Where do you get the idea that humans were made in the image of some god? I bet it was a human that said something like that.

Da Pittman
Answer the question.

Boris
Lulz right here.

Transfinitum
Where do you get the idea that humans were made in the image of some god? I bet it was a human that said something like that.
By the very nature of the question asked in the first place, we are assuming that God exists, and that he created all creatures. Because of this, we can further derive that this is referring to Genesis, where it explicitly states that Adam was made in the image and likeness of God. So your point is completely off-topic and senseless.

Shakyamunison
By the very nature of the question asked in the first place, we are assuming that God exists, and that he created all creatures. Because of this, we can further derive that this is referring to Genesis, where it explicitly states that Adam was made in the image and likeness of God. So your point is completely off-topic and senseless.

And who wrote the bible?

My point is not off topic, but it is not yet reviled.

Animals never had a say on this topic. It has always been us. We make the rules, and we always have. We made it up, and excluded animals, as if we were not one. This is because we have gained something that makes us more like a god then other animals. We can manipulate the world around us.

Mark Question
God must keep the beef industry going... There will be steakhouses in heaven right?

xmarksthespot
Its not a matter of biology, in this case, but a matter of bullshit. Corrected.

Deja~vu
That doesn't necessarily mean a physical image. It could mean image as a concept It could mean almost anything including just symbolic.

Mindship
Originally posted by Deja~vu
That doesn't necessarily mean a physical image. It could mean image as a concept It could mean almost anything including just symbolic. Y'know, that could probably be a thread unto itself, but I'll ask it here to the group at large (I don't think it's too off-topic)...

What is meant, exactly, by man being made in God's image? Anyone interpret that literally? What are the "image qualities" being referred to?

Deja~vu
Ooooo, do it, do it. I'll post in there. I have great views.. cool

I'll even serve munchies and stuff..

Mindship
I'll even serve munchies and stuff.. Shouldn't that be for the For2wenT thread? smokin'

Deja~vu
Can't we do it here? I like it in here for some reason.. confused

Mindship
No problemo. Heck, we're all adult mammals.

Admiral Akbar
Not me, not yet at least.

Deja~vu
No problemo. Heck, we're all adult mammals. laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.