Wake up America, even a Catholic countryis doing it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard
Uruguay holds Latin America's first gay wedding

MONTEVIDEO (AFP) - Uruguay on Thursday became the first nation in Latin America to marry a gay couple, after a law allowing couples living together to formalize their union went into effect at the start of the year.

Story Here

=Tired Hiker=
So are you packing up your bags?

BackFire
BUT IF YOU LET GAYS MARRY THEN NEXT PEOPLE WILL MARRY ANIMALS AND CHILDREN AND TOASTERS, SO WE CAN'T LET THEM.

=Tired Hiker=
I'd hit a toaster . . . . again, but I would not ever marry one.

WrathfulDwarf
k.....

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
k.....

Wrong thread. Wrong letter as well. I think they are on 'mbs' right now.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Wrong thread. Wrong letter as well. I think they are on 'mbs' right now.

I was just meh.....you know...meh....

=Tired Hiker=
I was just meh.....you know...meh....

I know and I was just trying to . . . I'm bored at work okay! Any excuse to post is . . . ah . . . meh.

WrathfulDwarf
I know and I was just trying to . . . I'm bored at work okay! Any excuse to post is . . . ah . . . meh.

I know TH...I know....

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Robtard

MONTEVIDEO (AFP) - Uruguay on Thursday became the first nation in Latin America to marry a gay couple, after a law allowing couples living together to formalize their union went into effect at the start of the year.

Story Here

man, those silly Uruguaians will do anything

=Tired Hiker=
I know TH...I know....

313 happy

Bardock42
k..... I agree. The US should get their shit together.

Deja~vu
I love Catholics....They don't keep any of the commandments... happy

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Bardock42
I agree. The US should get their shit together.

Well, for now we at least have commitment rings!

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m168/TiredHiker/Gayrings2.jpg

dadudemon
Well, for now we at least have commitment rings!

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m168/TiredHiker/Gayrings2.jpg goooood point.

Cheaper. big grin

JacopeX
So are you packing up your bags? laughing out loud

Beat me to it.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Originally posted by JacopeX
laughing out loud

Beat me to it.
You wouldn't have thought of anything that witty.

Doom and Gloom
Damn. When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was about something important.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
Damn. When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was about something important.
Why the f*ck would you bump this sh*t good Lord somebody ought to beat your ass.

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by BackFire
BUT IF YOU LET GAYS MARRY THEN NEXT PEOPLE WILL MARRY ANIMALS AND CHILDREN AND TOASTERS, SO WE CAN'T LET THEM.

You really have your head in the sand if you don't foresee such an eventuality. It will happen within our lifetime.

(Remember when the legs of a piano had to be covered because it was indecent?)

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
You really have your head in the sand if you don't foresee such an eventuality. It will happen within our lifetime.

(Remember when the legs of a piano had to be covered because it was indecent?)

We really should go back to that. Seeing piano legs offends my morals, like it should any decent person.

KidRock
I have always been for gay marriage, I dont see why they shouldnt be allowed to do it.

But at this point the whole damn subject is becoming one of the most annoying in the US. If you love someone does it REALLY matter if you're "married"? The whining coming from the gays is quickly surpassing the crying from the religious. If you love your partner enough to marry them then just be happy living together with them or something and stop being so angry.

Doom and Gloom
Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo
Why the f*ck would you bump this sh*t good Lord somebody ought to beat your ass.

You should go back to being called feceman, it fits you perfectly yes

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
You should go back to being called feceman, it fits you perfectly yes
Ho-ho, your rapier wit has skewered me! It's almost as though nobody here has ever told me that on multiple occasions.

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by KidRock
I have always been for gay marriage, I dont see why they shouldnt be allowed to do it.

But at this point the whole damn subject is becoming one of the most annoying in the US. If you love someone does it REALLY matter if you're "married"? The whining coming from the gays is quickly surpassing the crying from the religious. If you love your partner enough to marry them then just be happy living together with them or something and stop being so angry.

Yes it really matters.

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
We really should go back to that. Seeing piano legs offends my morals, like it should any decent person.
So said Benji Disraeli.

Red Nemesis
Yes, it REALLY matters. There are many important legal privileges available to married couples that are not granted with right of attorney or a living will etc. Not to mention that denying a minority rights simply because of a separation from society does not bode well in our pluralistic and multiethnic/religious society.

Symmetric Chaos
Yes it really matters.

What would you actually do if America legalized gay marriage?

KidRock
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Yes, it REALLY matters. There are many important legal privileges available to married couples that are not granted with right of attorney or a living will etc. Not to mention that denying a minority rights simply because of a separation from society does not bode well in our pluralistic and multiethnic/religious society.

Like what?

Tax breaks? Health insurance family plans? You can put a non-family member in your will as well.

dadudemon

Well said.

Ho-ho, your rapier wit has skewered me!

laughing out loud

Mr. Gloom, leave the stupid jokes to me, shall we?

Red Nemesis
Like what?

Tax breaks? Health insurance family plans? You can put a non-family member in your will as well.

Lets see- Tax free money transfer (as showcased in Boston Legal), Spousal Privilege, in which one can not be compelled to testify against one's significant other and Parenting responsibilities.

Married couples are given FAR more protection under the law than otherwise legally bonded couples (excluding the potential 'civil unions' that would serve as gay marriage.)

KidRock
So they are fighting to the bitter end over tax free money transfers and so they don't have to testify in court..great.

dadudemon
So they are fighting to the bitter end over tax free money transfers and so they don't have to testify in court..great.

Holy "he missed the point", Batman.

Can I get fries with that?

KidRock
Originally posted by dadudemon
Holy "he missed the point", Batman.

Can I get fries with that?

Feel free to give me better reasons.

jaden101
Lets see- Spousal Privilege, in which one can not be compelled to testify against one's significant other

actually that one's complicated...more so than it seems.

it covers conversations held in private between spouses but if that conversation is regarding the committing of a crime then the spouse not taking part in the crime then becomes either an accessory before or after the fact dependant on when they found out about the crime (before or after) if they helped to conceal it....which then makes them involved and so spousal testimonial privelege is null and void

it also doesn't apply to child custody or domestic abuse hearings either

but yeah...there is alot of legal protection for married couples which gay couples currently cant get...the biggest, of course, being that if 1 suddenly dies without a will then the other has no rights to the deceased's estate.

lord xyz

Story Here Don't you remember the simpsons?

Red Nemesis
KidRock, does the term "Anti-miscegenation law" mean anything to you? (Wikipedia might help.) At one point it was illegal for members of different races to marry. Today we recognize that as a violation of basic human rights. Someday anti-gay laws will be looked at with the same scorn that Jim-Crow laws are today.

jaden101
Originally posted by lord xyz
Don't you remember the simpsons?

YOU-ARE-GAY

I8wMLwsYxjA

Stoic

big grin

Wild Shadow
gay legal marriage should be allowed.... but gays should not expect religious institutions to follow suit and go against their religious rules...

cococryspies
I thought we were making progress until I saw this map of gay marriage legislation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filemessedamesex_marriage_in_USA.svg

Gay marriage is legal in 2 states, Civil Unions are legal in 8 but 29 states have constitutional bans. This is really depressing.

UKR
Originally posted by BackFire

In spite of BackFire's obvious sarcasm, he unintentionally has an excellent point. The revolting liberal notion that anything is acceptable as long as it's not violent is utterly unforgivable and must be destroyed. There are people so wrong in the head that they want pedophilia to be legalized. I must tell you all honestly that you'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy than the Netherlands, because they allowed a pedophile political party to run for office on the basis of getting pedophilia legalized. This liberal devilry must end for the betterment of Mankind. The liberal lunatics must be destroyed. I live in Canada, a nation which sadly has become so horrid that gay marriage is legal. If I had my way, whoever legalized it would hang from the neck till dead and so would everyone who sides with him.

inimalist
k.....

turned

inimalist
Originally posted by UKR
I live in Canada, a nation which sadly has become so horrid that gay marriage is legal. If I had my way, whoever legalized it would hang from the neck till dead and so would everyone who sides with him.

why don't you leave?

Heretic Smellin
Originally posted by UKR
In spite of BackFire's obvious sarcasm, he unintentionally has an excellent point. The revolting liberal notion that anything is acceptable as long as it's not violent is utterly unforgivable and must be destroyed. There are people so wrong in the head that they want pedophilia to be legalized. I must tell you all honestly that you'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy than the Netherlands, because they allowed a pedophile political party to run for office on the basis of getting pedophilia legalized. This liberal devilry must end for the betterment of Mankind. The liberal lunatics must be destroyed. I live in Canada, a nation which sadly has become so horrid that gay marriage is legal. If I had my way, whoever legalized it would hang from the neck till dead and so would everyone who sides with him.

I think suicide's your best hope of happiness, do it.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by UKR

interesting i luv your narrow onesided point of view... we need more ppl like you to stand up for your believes....make it easier to single you out and help the world in population control.. if it werent for ppl who viewed the world that way we b overrun by certain races and over population... and false religions... didnt know the world was so blk and white

:P

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by UKR

Currently pedophilia is legal almost everywhere in the world.

BackFire
Originally posted by UKR

The fact that you think that a factually flawed and fallacious point being parodied by me is a 'excellent point' is worrying. But you have fun with that.

Also kinda funny.

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
What would you actually do if America legalized gay marriage?

I wouldn't care...indeed the USA should...

However I also believe the Church has a right to voice its opposition to it...you want us to talk out against the Holocaust, the Iraq War, Poverty and Rights Abuse....you have to accept we'll talk about things that are important to us too.

Strangelove
I wouldn't care...indeed the USA should...

However I also believe the Church has a right to voice its opposition to it...you want us to talk out against the Holocaust, the Iraq War, Poverty and Rights Abuse....you have to accept we'll talk about things that are important to us too. The fact that it's "important" is a bit ridiculous in the first place. "Love your neighbor as you love yourself", "Judge not lest ye be judged", live and let live. These are the true principles of most world religions including the Catholic church, and quoting Leviticus to try and protest something which is a naturally occurring phenomenon (which, if you believe that God created everything, then it logically follows that he created homosexuality too), is a betrayal of those beliefs. The Christian faith is founded on the New Testament, not the Old.

It's not okay to enslave your daughter or kill someone who wears leather anymore, so how can it be okay to persecute homosexuals?

"you have to accept we'll talk about things that are important to us too." So human rights abuses, poverty and war aren't important to you but the "radical gay agenda" is? You need to get your priorities straight.

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by Strangelove
The fact that it's "important" is a bit ridiculous in the first place. "Love your neighbor as you love yourself", "Judge not lest ye be judged", live and let live. These are the true principles of most world religions including the Catholic church, and quoting Leviticus to try and protest something which is a naturally occurring phenomenon (which, if you believe that God created everything, then it logically follows that he created homosexuality too), is a betrayal of those beliefs. The Christian faith is founded on the New Testament, not the Old.

It's not okay to enslave your daughter or kill someone who wears leather anymore, so how can it be okay to persecute homosexuals?

"you have to accept we'll talk about things that are important to us too." So human rights abuses, poverty and war aren't important to you but the "radical gay agenda" is? You need to get your priorities straight.

We do talk about those things, when I said important to us I meant things which we feel are going to have a big impact on society that other people don't think matter...

Also, the Catholic Church doesn't need to quote Leviticus when it can quote St. Paul...or indeed enforce morals on its own.

Priorities? I bet we talk about poverty, human rights abuses and other such things more than most other organisations- it just so happens that it doesn't really make the news. I have never been to a Church and heard this so called "gay agenda" discussed EVER. I hear tackling poverty, peace and love and standing up for rights all the time.

So, I think my priorities are fine, your just only wanting to concentrate on one issue.

Strangelove
You're the one who brought it up, not me. I was just responding.

Grand-Moff-Gav
You're the one who brought it up, not me. I was just responding.

I was responding to the underlying theme of "even a Catholic country"...

Strangelove
Well, on the subject of "enforcing morals", how is it moral to have two sets of standards for different groups of people just because you disagree with them?

Grand-Moff-Gav
Well, on the subject of "enforcing morals", how is it moral to have two sets of standards for different groups of people just because you disagree with them?

Its not about having two sets of standards for two different people.

Its the same standards for everyone. Set rules, marriage- one man one woman. Why one man one woman? Because that is the neccessary combination for the continuation of the human race and the reason men have penises and woman have vaginas...

That's it...an absolute binding moral on the entire human race, just because you fancy the same gender doesn't make you exempt from that standard.

botankus

Story Here
Didn't Ellen Degeneres get married in America?

Strangelove

Its the same standards for everyone. Set rules, marriage- one man one woman. Why one man one woman? Because that is the neccessary combination for the continuation of the human race and the reason men have penises and woman have vaginas...

That's it...an absolute binding moral on the entire human race, just because you fancy the same gender doesn't make you exempt from that standard. The standard used to be one white man and one white woman, and that was proved immoral eventually. It will happen again.

If standardizing marriage is an effort to ensure procreation, you'd think they'd ban infertile couples from marrying too.

You can't just say "tough titty" to people seeking equal rights. That's not America. Just because a standard exists doesn't mean it's rightOriginally posted by botankus
Didn't Ellen Degeneres get married in America? Yes

Shakyamunison

That's it...an absolute binding moral on the entire human race, just because you fancy the same gender doesn't make you exempt from that standard.

So, are you saying that a homosexual man should be forced to marry a woman? Don't you think that would lead to more social instability then letting this man marry the person they fall in love with?

Red Nemesis
Did no one else notice that UKR tried to equate homosexuality with pedophilia? It made me laugh.

I'd be interested to know if the only biblical evidence against homosexuality/gay marriage comes from the Old Testament. I've only ever heard of the "if a man lies with a man as he would a woman" quote. Did Jesus talk about gays/gay rights at all?

Shakyamunison
Did no one else notice that UKR tried to equate homosexuality with pedophilia? It made me laugh.

I'd be interested to know if the only biblical evidence against homosexuality/gay marriage comes from the Old Testament. I've only ever heard of the "if a man lies with a man as he would a woman" quote. Did Jesus talk about gays/gay rights at all?

I noticed, but I was too disgusted to reply.

Red Nemesis
Maybe 'laugh' was the wrong word. Cringe, wince, shudder, question the fundamental goodness in humanity... Those all apply. 'Laugh' wasn't really the right word at all.

botankus
Maybe 'laugh' was the wrong word. Cringe, wince, shudder, question the fundamental goodness in humanity... Those all apply. 'Laugh' wasn't really the right word at all.
Too late. You already said "laugh" and your editing time is up. Now your insensitivity will be forever archived in the annals of KMC. stick out tongue

Strangelove
"I guess if we couldn't laugh at the absurd things in life, we wouldn't react to much." - Hobbes

http://x91.xanga.com/1e2865e634440177957755/z15811587.jpg

Ace of Knaves

In regards to 2 sets of standards, it really goes hand in hand when considering the ethics and standards of the Christian religion. I'm not saying it's restricted to Christianity, either. It happens in most religions. Christianity is a religion that follows the teachings set forth in a book that is comprised of 2 totally contradictory collections of teachings. The Old Testament contradicts the New Testament; Paul contradicts any part of Jesus' teachings that offended his own personal sensabilities. Most christians are guilty of doing the same thing; they follow closely those standards of Christianity that suit their personal view of others. The problem with Paul, though, is that your average Christian's opinion hasn't been elevated to "the undisputed word of God" level.

Deja~vu
I just bought a new phone. Anyone care? Catholics are cool, btw. LOL

Tempe Brennan

Story Here

About time, too. Hurry up Yankies. Shed your bigoted attitudes and embrace your differences.

Grand-Moff-Gav
What's bigoted about it?

dadudemon
What's bigoted about it?

Sarcasm? confused confused confused

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by dadudemon
Sarcasm? confused confused confused

Having a larf smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.