Whats with Album names?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf

Alpha Centauri
Something to do with the shocking idea of:

"It's what they want to call it for whatever reason.".

Sometimes it's thematic/conceptual, sometimes it means nothing, there are many reasons.

-AC

WrathfulDwarf
Whatever sells records then....

ragesRemorse
if i were in a band, and it was good. I would title the albums in order...., Worst album ever, follow up to the worst album ever, Oh man this one is even worse and finally..,not another piece of sh*t!.

i hate mariah carey, fukin skitzo biitch, she should title her next album, 302'd that one would make sense

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Whatever sells records then....

Nah, what I said.

-AC

red g jacks
my guess is

the "mc" is supposed to be her initials

Wind Sister
Originally posted by red g jacks
my guess is

OMG THE CONCEPT eek!

Amazing!

Obviously she just thought it was only fair to put just as much thought into her album name as she did into the music itself. yes

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Something to do with the shocking idea of:

"It's what they want to call it for whatever reason.".

Sometimes it's thematic/conceptual, sometimes it means nothing, there are many reasons.

-AC /thread

red g jacks
Originally posted by Wind Sister
OMG THE CONCEPT eek!

Amazing!

Obviously she just thought it was only fair to put just as much thought into her album name as she did into the music itself. yes i know its witty right

MelloDraMattIc
Originally posted by Wind Sister
OMG THE CONCEPT eek!

Amazing!

Obviously she just thought it was only fair to put just as much thought into her album name as she did into the music itself. yes

Maybe she's trying to make herself look smarter, too. I guess she thinks that just because she puts E=mc squared on her album cover, people will have the slightest idea that she understands the concept of the theory.

Zac-E
Originally posted by red g jacks
my guess is

err...duh.

o.o, I hate her tHOugh.

I think she is WHOREndous.

innuendur

RocasAtoll
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

What's next? A hip hop album with the title "Geology"? laughing out loud

There already is one.

Strangelove
What drives me nuts is when bands self-title albums when it isn't even a debut. I'm like "Really? You couldn't think of anything else?"

Bardock42

Wind Sister
Originally posted by Strangelove
What drives me nuts is when bands self-title albums when it isn't even a debut. I'm like "Really? You couldn't think of anything else?"

If it's artful, I don't see any problem with bands self-titling their own albums, regardless of whether it's a debut, sophmore, etc etc.

But, once again, as long as it's artful.

Some of them, yes, are rather unoriginal, but really, I think that a band should have the right to title their own work. Especially when it means something to them.

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by MelloDraMattIc
Maybe she's trying to make herself look smarter, too. I guess she thinks that just because she puts E=mc squared on her album cover, people will have the slightest idea that she understands the concept of the theory.

I thought artists had people to come up with titles and other stuff for them but I guess I was wrong

Wavemaninawe

RogerRamjet
okay men, i just stumbled across this picture..which is an album cover, free of it's cover elements..and i know i've seen this before! It must be an album of a rockband from the early 80's or late 70's...so please help me...it's driving me ****ing nuts!

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/3504/ringswordkf0.jpg
http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/ringswordkf0.jpg/1/w351.png

tabby999

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.