Motivation and life.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Atlantis001
Do we need motivation to do something out of our lifes ?

Or it is by doing something you get motivated ???

I believe it is the first, someone just don't start doing things without reason. It is motivation what makes them able to live and enjoy their lives. But then, what someone must do to get motivation ?

Deja~vu
I lean towards the thought proceeding the action, soooooo me thinks it first...then me does it.

Mindship
Keeping any kind of transcendent or nonmaterialist reality out of the equation for the moment: Life is genetically and primarily motivated to avoid death and make more of itself.

Deja~vu
Is that what I said?? confused

Mindship
Originally posted by Deja~vu
Is that what I said?? confused
Nyet.

inimalist
here is the thing. From a Cartesian dualistic sense, preparation for action precedes intention.

So we drop dualism and the mind is the brain. Then it becomes more difficult. Does preparation for action mean that there is an intention being prepared for before executive control?

Deja~vu
How can anything come before intention, unless youre counting invisible influences outside of yourself.

SpearofDestiny
Originally posted by Atlantis001
Do we need motivation to do something out of our lifes ?

Or it is by doing something you get motivated ???

I believe it is the first, someone just don't start doing things without reason. It is motivation what makes them able to live and enjoy their lives. But then, what someone must do to get motivation ?

I think it's a cycle.

I love my life. Just waking up is enough reason for me to continue the day, no matter how shitty it might turn out lol

I love myself, I love my artwork, I love my school, job, freinds, family, and I appreciate every hook up I've had (even tho i dont remember all thier names)

If I didn't like myself, or my looks, or my talent, or my life...i probably would have no motivation, and kill myself. But lucky for me, I love everything about me and my life.

No regrets..no complaints..no ne more smile

Atlantis001
Thanks for answering the thread.

What I am really asking is if it we need motivation to take action, or if motivation is something that comes after action like as a consequence of it.

For example, if you are in a bad situation and it needs action to be changed, what you should do ?

You should act. If a situation begs for action you should always be ready for it, doesn't matter if you are motivated or not. Motivation perhaps is something we get after taking action, like after seeing sucess.

Since if you don't have motivation(maybe because you've always failed at it) it is difficult to keep up with that action, you can end like giving up and your performance would be also not so good. So maybe motivation should be worked first. Action would need motivation and having motivation would be the way to get things to work. So how do we get motivated ?

Acrosurge
Both are true, and one does not necessarily exclude the other. This is a paradox of the world we inhabit.

Acrosurge
And to answer the question at hand:

People can find motivation through action, or take action through motivation. Specific motivations come from a variety of sources. Strong motivators include the emotions: love, lust, fear, anger, hatred, justice.

Outside of the emotional aspects, motivation stems from a desire to attain something that one does not have. In a broader spectrum, all human beings desire to have purpose and meaning. People find this purpose (whether they realizes it or no) through various things including recognition, career success, relational success, accomplishment, acquisition of entertainments or material goods, or through any number of ideological faiths. The amount of meaning one finds varies depending upon the thing they desire. For instance, career success may have meaning for a time, but perhaps not as much meaning as relational success.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.