Apollo vs Ultimate Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endrict Nuul
Who wins?

SevenShackles
i could of sworn i did this before! but i guess not.
Well i think ultimate Thor would take this. when i see this fight i think of 'Thor vs Hyperion' i think Thor unleashed could smack Apollo around and outlast him. be it using lightning strikes or generating/manip lighting around himself to hurt/distance Apollo from himself he can win. Apollo would run low on power and Thor can get the deicing blow in.

Zeitgeist
Apollo

guy222
apollo

SevenShackles
Originally posted by guy222
apollo

aww why is that? eek!

guy222
hey buddy

he's stronger

i'm wondering which apollo this is

Endrict Nuul
Authority......

CaptainStoic
Apollo

SevenShackles
Originally posted by guy222
hey buddy

he's stronger

i'm wondering which apollo this is

hey!

oic, i figured if this is Authority Apollo Thor could use the versatility of his abilities to hold him off. Thor has effected the weather and could cause clouds to appear in helping with draining / restricting Apollos chances of re charging. be it apollo is fast but so is Thors lightning since it was able to catch quicksilver who was capable of running so fast the world froze around him. be it ultimate thor has low showings but those instances were more for the sake of the story taking place.

Ricardo Potter
Thor gets owned badder than he did against Hyperion.

The Pict
I think Thor loses here.

Originally posted by Ricardo Potter
Thor gets owned badder than he did against Hyperion.

Did you see the later issues when Thor put the beatdown on both Hyperion and Zarda?

Ricardo Potter
Originally posted by The Pict
I think Thor loses here.

Did you see the later issues when Thor put the beatdown on both Hyperion and Zarda?

Did you see the part where he fell in the gunk that weakens him and then having his power stripped in half by the other Hyperion showing up.

Your sig is forcing me not to return to this topic. sick

DigiMark007
I love the Apollo love here, but this kinda depends on a few things.

Apollo's shown a weakness to lightning. It drains him of his charge. However, the 2 times it has happened, once was at night when he was low on charge and couldn't recharge, and the other was against a dude who was punking teh entire Authority rather easily...so it's not exactly a horrible feat considering he was wielding greater magic than, say, Doctor.

So if it's at night, Thor pwns if he uses lightning. During the day, Apollo recharges fairly quickly and has a higher strength ceiling than Ultimate Thor, so he'd win more often than not.

MightyEInherjar
Couldn't Thor conjure up enough storm/weather activity to greatly reduce the amount of sunlight coming to the battlefield and THEN hit him with the lightning?

llagrok
Thor loses.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
Couldn't Thor conjure up enough storm/weather activity to greatly reduce the amount of sunlight coming to the battlefield and THEN hit him with the lightning?

That's quite a lot to happen, especially when Apollo has no qualms going for a speedblitz kill, then asking questions later. I've never seen any Thor summon a storm while brawling with someone at his level. Also, flying past the atmosphere is an option, which he could accomplish is a couple seconds.

llagrok
Originally posted by DigiMark007
That's quite a lot to happen, especially when Apollo has no qualms going for a speedblitz kill, then asking questions later. I've never seen any Thor summon a storm while brawling with someone at his level. Also, flying past the atmosphere is an option, which he could accomplish is a couple seconds.

In all fairness, Apollo didn't really go for the blitz against the Avengers rip off. He flew at Seth once, really fast. I suppose that's not bad...

DigiMark007
Originally posted by llagrok
In all fairness, Apollo didn't really go for the blitz against the Avengers rip off. He flew at Seth once, really fast. I suppose that's not bad...

No, but he prawned him something fierce when he was charged. My point is that once it's a brawl, summoning storms would be tough to do for Thor. So I stand by my earlier opinion that it's dependent on the time of day.

llagrok
Originally posted by DigiMark007
No, but he prawned him something fierce when he was charged. My point is that once it's a brawl, summoning storms would be tough to do for Thor. So I stand by my earlier opinion that it's dependent on the time of day.

Yeah, by the looks of his fight with all the Ultimate heroes, he needs a couple of seconds to summon the lightning.

In his fight with Hyperion he summoned it pretty much instantly though.

TricksterPriest
How good is Ult. Thor at dealing with speedblitzing? For that matter, how fast is he? Can Apollo take him down with a fast blitz before Thor can react?

Johnny Quest 08
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
How good is Ult. Thor at dealing with speedblitzing? For that matter, how fast is he? Can Apollo take him down with a fast blitz before Thor can react? In an up close battle Hyperion owned him with speed.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Johnny Quest 08
In an up close battle Hyperion owned him with speed.

Thor can use his lightning. its fast enough to strike quicksilver who was fast to the point where time seemed to freeze around him , and strong enough to hurt hyperion. not to mention someone before stated it might be a weakness. it could also buy him the time he needs to make a storm/whatever to cause cloud cover to give him a slight advantage.

not to mention if apollo gets to close he can do this
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff175/RespectThor/Fights/Vs%20Alien%20Armada/2.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff175/RespectThor/Fights/Vs%20Alien%20Armada/3.jpg

CaPz
Appolo smile smile smile smile smile

DigiMark007
Some good points in here.

A brawl goes to Apollo. But if Thor's smart with his lightning, the majority would probably swing in his favor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.