Obi-Wan and Anakin vs Grievous and Ventress

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

skywalker833
Set in the geonosion arena, who wins?

Elite Hunter
What versions?

Blax_Hydralisk
I've never really understood these types of threads.

Obi-Wan beats GG. Again. Anakin beats Ventress. Again.

Thus... /thread.

skywalker833
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
What versions?

CW ventress, CW grievous, Rots obi and anakin.

skywalker833
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
I've never really understood these types of threads.

Obi-Wan beats GG. Again. Anakin beats Ventress. Again.

Thus... /thread.

sometimes it turns out differently when it is in teams. And anakin beat asajj out of fear for padme'.

Blax_Hydralisk
CW Anakin beat CW Ventress because he was pissed off and used the dark side.

Rots Anakin is much, much stronger, whereas CW Ventress is still relatively weak. She doesn't reach her height until Obsession.

Obi-Wan vs. GG might be slightly different because GG wasn't at his best in Rots. But even then it doesn't matter.

Rots Obi-Wan uses his mastery of Soresu to hold off GG long enough for Anakin to make quick work of Ventress, then they double team GG and finish him.

skywalker833
Or grievous could attack anakin, anakin has no defense against grievous's four blades, and gets killed. Grievous and ventress team up on kenobi, and the fight is over.

Blax_Hydralisk
He... has no defense? Just because Anakin's form of lightsaber combat does not specialize in defense like Obi-Wans does, that doesn't mean he can't defend himself. Anakin is certainly as skilled with a lightsaber then Obi-Wan is, moreso actually. And remember that even Dooku was superior to GG in lightsaber combat, so Anakin definitely has a chance. Let's also not forget that as of Rots, both Anakin and Obi-Wan are no push-overs with the force. They are both superior to GG and Ventress in force abilities.

So if Obi-Wan fought Ventress and Anakin fought GG, Anakin could mand-handle GG with the force while Obi-Wan either defeats or holds off Ventress. If he kills Ventress quickly then he double teams GG and kills him, or he holds Ventress off while Anakin beats GG and comes over to kill Ventress.

Both Anakin and Obi-Wan are individually better then the other two, so the pairings don't matter.

skywalker833
I'm not saying obi and ani aren't gonna win, i'm just trying to point out the possibility of how the other two might win. And I don't think anakin can block 20 strikes per second.

Blax_Hydralisk
Maybe. I don't see why he couldn't if Dooku could. His fighting style isn't optimized for defense either.

skywalker833
True. hard to tell

darthsith19
Also Anakin could use the Force on Grievous. Anakin beat Dooku, Asajj won't present much danger to him. And Kenobi beats Grievous, albeit with a bit more difficulty than was shown in ROTS since this is EU Grievous.

Best make this AOTC Kenobi. Then it would be close.

skywalker833
maybe, i don't know though

Darth Exodus
Also remember that Anakin and Obi-wan are like, the perfect team. Whereas I'm pretty sure that GG and Ventress hate each other. At the very least they have little experience dueling with each others help. So not only are A&O better individually, but as a team.

darthsith19
Yeah Asajj and Grievous hate each other, Asajj is probably pissed off that Grievous is a higher rank than she is and Grievous, idk if he hates her but in The Dreadnaughts of Rendili he gives her an order and (can't remember exactly) but Asajj wouldn't listen to him and she was like "Try to stop me if you want to, but I won't obey you." or something slightly similar to that.

Gideon
General Grievous actually defeated Durge and Ventress simultaneously to achieve his rank.

darthsith19
Yeah I know, probably another reason why Asajj hates him...

skywalker833
Originally posted by Gideon
General Grievous actually defeated Durge and Ventress simultaneously to achieve his rank.
I didn't know that, that's pretty cool.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.