[rec]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GGS

lil bitchiness
Holly shit, that has to be the scariest most tense horror movie I have EVER seen.

I don't remember watching a movie which had me so stressed and watching-through-the-fingers-the-next-scene like this one. And especially at the end.

This isn't actually a zombie movie - it is sort of, but the origins of everyone turning violent is due to other factor - (can be seen in the movie at the end) and it is not chemical/biological infection

Excellent movie. Don't be put off by the subtitles.

And please see it BEFORE the American version comes out, as Spanish version is almost guaranteed to be better - for one, there is not 'explanation' before, after and during the movie, as it appears to happen in an American version.

Impediment
Looks interesting. I'll have to look for more information about this flick.

Darth Vicious
I got it but havent gotten around to watch it yet. I usually dont like spanish(even though im fluent in spanish) movies but this one seems pretty good.

lil bitchiness
Spanish movies have excelled these past few years. Its just one great movie after another.

Darth Vicious
Pan's Labyrinth was an awesome movie!

Impediment
The American version will be called "Quarantine".

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Impediment
The American version will be called "Quarantine".

I saw a trailer. Even though they have copied the movie, I have a problem with the potential 'explanation' of what happens where and why.

I feel that should be best left to the audience, like the Spanish version.

Equaly, I don't think that Spanish version is available to you guys in the US. I could be wrong though.

Impediment
I'm sure that it would be available. When, however, is another question.

I really want to watch this.

Darth Vicious
If you guys cant find it in stores, then ur best bet would be to download it. Theres plenty of sites that have it,

Darth Vicious
Finally saw it. Good stuff! Lets see how Hollywood butchers this movie.

GGS
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Finally saw it. Good stuff! Lets see how Hollywood butchers this movie.

They've shown the ending in the trailer already lol.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by GGS
They've shown the ending in the trailer already lol.

laughing Yeah, I noticed. I was tempted to mention which part is the ending on a Youtube trailer I saw. The spanish gurl has a better rack though.

MildPossession
Is the ending they show on the trailer when she gets pulled away from the camera by that girl in the penthouse , i can't remember from the trailer for the remake.

I don't think they showed what was actually in that room in the trailer.

I'd love to see how the remake ending looks compared to the original, I thought the end scenes in the original were amazing.

Does anyone know how they did up the girl in the penthouse, was she a very very thin actress they got and did the make up or was there some CGI help?

Cheers for anyone else who has seen it.

allofyousuckkk
can someone send me an "invitation code" forI cant register without one?! Gayyy

Impediment
I need to buy the dvd. I hear that it's a good watch.

lil bitchiness
I am scared to watch the remake. I don't know how bad it was butchered.

Röland
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
I am scared to watch the remake. I don't know how bad it was butchered.
Same here. I loved and I hate that the American remake is even coming out.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by MildPossession
Is the ending they show on the trailer when she gets pulled away from the camera by that girl in the penthouse , i can't remember from the trailer for the remake.

I don't think they showed what was actually in that room in the trailer.

I'd love to see how the remake ending looks compared to the original, I thought the end scenes in the original were amazing.

Does anyone know how they did up the girl in the penthouse, was she a very very thin actress they got and did the make up or was there some CGI help?

Cheers for anyone else who has seen it.

I think the girl would have been CGI. Her jaw was also unusually huge

I think that the ending was extremly powerful It only gives you perhaps 5 minutes or so in exlaining where this whole mess came from. The girl from Portugal being possesed and the likes. Her looking through the papers and the pictures happens very very fast.
It is unclear and it leaves you to make your own decision about it.

I fear re-make will ruin this particular aspect. I watched the trailer and there is a voice over telling you something took place somewhere already ruined it for me.

It already lost the 'real' feel that the original had.

WrathfulDwarf
Heard some much of this film during my visit to SDCC. I haven't had the chance to search for it. I heard that is practically Cloverfield crossed with 28 days later. If I find a copy on dvd I have to get it.

Is there a US release for the dvd?

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Heard some much of this film during my visit to SDCC. I haven't had the chance to search for it. I heard that is practically Cloverfield crossed with 28 days later. If I find a copy on dvd I have to get it.

Is there a US release for the dvd?

Not a full scale 28 Days later but I would say one of the first incidents of the plague/virus. As for the U.S, they already remade the damn thing and its coming out in a couple of months, Its called Quarantine. As for the original, not sure if u could find it in the foreign film section at a video store. You can always download it.

MildPossession
It's not like 28 Days Later really. Cloverfield just for the camera obviously, but then films have been doing that before hand... so not practically like them at all.

As for a dvd release date for America, I can't find an official release. I really want the Spanish 2 disc edition, the box is gorgeous.

WrathfulDwarf
I think Quarantine looks good. I'm still interested in . I've seen the spanish trailer on youtube and the style looks more like Blair witch project.

I like how the infect people look in Q and I like how infected child looks in I think I'm going to enjoy both of them.

MildPossession
Well see REC first!! give the Spanish credit at least.

WrathfulDwarf
I think dvd will be eventually release here in the US at the same time as Quarantine opens in theathers. If memory serves me right....the studio that made The Grudge pull the same idea with the original japanease film.

Either way...I want to see both films.

Darth Vicious
I believe the same thing happened with The Ring. I remember seeing Ringu on the "New releases" section a week or so before The Ring came out.

WrathfulDwarf
k

I have now seen footage from and seen the Quarantine trailer.

From what I saw in (thanks to youtube!) it seems the infected in the building look similar but not identical to the infect people from 28 days later. I like it..pretty suspenseful stuff!

Now, with Quarantine, from the trailer...the infected look more demonic....I also like that....

So this will be a tough cookie for me. From the little I've seen from both and Quarantine...I think...I might enjoy both of them. I like what I've seen so far....and now I'm hooked.

BackFire
I'm interested in both as well.

That said, I'd like to see rec first since it's the original, if possible. Hopefully they release it here soon.

MildPossession
The 'infected' are more or less the same looking/acting in both films but the remake ending explaination for them looks rubbish compared to the original more mysterious one. Don't watch the trailer because it gives things away.

WrathfulDwarf
Well, it appears that Quarantine will be release first here in the states. So I guess I'll be seeing Quarantine first....I'm sure is the same story as the only difference will be the visuals and look of both films. This looks promising so....here is hoping.

MildPossession
Or you could buy a multi region player, order into your country a dvd of REC, and wait till you have seen that. Then go and see Quarantine/wait for it on dvd.

smile

Röland
Even though Quarantine is not going to be the same as , I think having Quarantine released will help spread the word about .

WrathfulDwarf
Or you could buy a multi region player, order into your country a dvd of REC, and wait till you have seen that. Then go and see Quarantine/wait for it on dvd.

smile

You know...there is a music store where I usually go to get my hard to find DVDs and they stock multi region. I might have to see if they can get it for me.

mmm

MildPossession
You must, you must, you must! unless, I don't know about America, but here in the UK certain dvd players can have a code put into them via the remote and it turns them into multi region just like that.

Unless you have one and you meant the different region dvds there...

jaden101
just watched this...very impressed...some of it is just brutal...the bit when you hear the guy screaming as he falls between the stair wells just before he hits the ground was awesome...and the bit at the end in the dark penthouse when you see the ****ed up girl with the hammer

top stuff indeed...and that's coming from someone who doesn't usually like horror movies...

MildPossession
That end bit made the film for me, absolutely creepy!!

WrathfulDwarf
You must, you must, you must! unless, I don't know about America, but here in the UK certain dvd players can have a code put into them via the remote and it turns them into multi region just like that.

Unless you have one and you meant the different region dvds there...

Hate to break your heart....but I'm seeing Quarantine this weekend. will have to wait.

MildPossession
Traitorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. stick out tongue

D-Wag
I just finish watching this film not even 10 mins ago and i absolutely loved it. I think the American version Quarantine is still going to be up to par but is now one of my top fav horror's.

If you really want to watch it before Quarantine comes out, downloading it is your best bet............have fun and enjoy the film you rascals smile

BackFire
I just saw Quarantine and it wasn't too good. Wasn't impressive.

That said, watching it made me more excited to see because the premise and setting seem really promising. While watching it I could see how it COULD be awesome, just wasn't.

MildPossession
One thing about I didn't like was the lead, her acting in the hysterical parts was too much. I read a review of the remake and it said the lead actress is even more hysterical...

Still got a decent review saying it was faithful to the original.

BackFire
The lead actress was definitely a bit much. Got annoying after a while.

jaden101
i think it was loud because of the recording method and sometimes caused distortion on my tv speakers...i dont think it was out of place because i've seen people act that way in real life at far less (strange thing to say i know...far less than blood thirsty zombie like ex humans)...i just think it was...off-putting

one thing i didn't understand was the fact that each consecutive person that got bitten seem to turn faster than the previous

i also would've liked to know whether the other pets at the vet turned the way the families dog did and if so does it set it up for another "outbreak"

MildPossession
Some II stuff.

Filmax announced at this year's AFM that 2 is set to begin filming on November 10th. Here's the plot crunch given: Following the recent success of , we will be presenting the forthcoming sequel REC 2. The same talented directors stick to the same claustrophobic concept in 2, but find new means of transferring fear from the screen to the spectator through the recording lens. Jaume Balaguero and Paco Plaza are both reteaming to direct the sequel to the Spanish film that already spawned a remake here in the States (QUARANTINE).

This is one horror film I am looking forwards to a lot.

WrathfulDwarf
I still need to see the original. Damn! why is the region 1 dvd taking so long?

Sado22
now i've seen a lot of horror movies, lots of thrillers and slashers. heck i was laughing through most of Hills have Eyes didn't find the original ring THAT frightning and am a big fan of cannibal holocaust and evil dead. but this movie was brilliant and f-cking scary. really well done.
anyone who likes horror and wants to leave his balls behind in the cinema like me and my friend, must see.
*i want mommy* sad

MildPossession
It's just called but yes, it's rather good and one of the better horror films to come out. There is a remake out at the moment already called Quarantine.

If you go to the Horror section there are topics on both films.

BackFire
Wish they'd hurry up and release this movie in America already, been dying to see it.

Sado22
absolutely brilliant. f0cking hell, i've never been so scared in a movie before. the moment the fat biatch bites the cop the movie went in one hysterical hell ride and it just didn't stop. and the ending was amazing.

~Sado
P.S. apparently the reviews for quarantine weren't that great. its too be expected. hollywood is starting to suck these days.

RocasAtoll
All I've seen so far is an all-region Backfire. It's pretty bare without any extra features, but I can send you the seller if you want to see the movie.

MildPossession
Backfire - buy a multi region dvd player stick out tongue

SnakeEyes
So... IS this movie getting a U.S. release on dvd?

MildPossession
It's already out in Canada, same region as America so it should work for you.

Can't find an official dvd release date for America.

lil bitchiness
Grrr, it sucks that it's taking too long. I suspect it's because they wanted to introduce the re-make, and until that is fully done, they're witholding. Just a theory.

Seriously though, this movie scared the crap out of me, like no others have.

And besides, the one thing I hate the most in all horror are zombies.
Although it can be assumed that these people are not actually zombies per se.

TheSpade
I've always said I disliked the horror genre but it is films like which make me realise there's more to horror than the typical Hollywood, been done 100x before predictable slashers flicks.

I loved this, it's restored my faith in the genre and will be looking out for more Spanish and other 'foreign' horror films. Scary and unpredictable and I love the way it was shot.

The lead actress is also very sexy which is a bonus. wink

The Nuul
Originally posted by BackFire
Wish they'd hurry up and release this movie in America already, been dying to see it.

Try on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.ca/Rec/dp/B001KEW13E

MildPossession
It's out on dvd in American on the 14th of July.

jaden101
Originally posted by TheSpade
I've always said I disliked the horror genre but it is films like which make me realise there's more to horror than the typical Hollywood, been done 100x before predictable slashers flicks.

I loved this, it's restored my faith in the genre and will be looking out for more Spanish and other 'foreign' horror films. Scary and unpredictable and I love the way it was shot.

The lead actress is also very sexy which is a bonus. wink

You'll get plenty of great recommendations in the horror section...Quite a few people there really know their stuff.

I'd recommend "The Orphanage"...

MildPossession
Oooooooo love that, cried at the end too. Remake happening, the ****s.

MildPossession
You Americans get a really shitty DVD cover for this release with stupid font on the front saying "The movie that inspired Quarantine", urgh.

Order it from another country, full of extras.

Pandemoniac
Good horror movie, even while it's uses the recently over-exploited 'handycam view'. Great atmosphere and build-up and some gnarly scares, although non as scary as the swiftness hollywood displayed remaking this...

lil bitchiness
You Americans get a really shitty DVD cover for this release with stupid font on the front saying "The movie that inspired Quarantine", urgh.

Order it from another country, full of extras.

Ugh, please tell me it doesn't say that?!

Particularly since it didn't inspire Quarantine - it was copied in entirety.

jaden101
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Ugh, please tell me it doesn't say that?!

Particularly since it didn't inspire Quarantine - it was copied in entirety.

Except for the stuff that made good apparently. Like non irritating cast members and well directed camera work.

MildPossession
It does Lil, on the cover I saw for Region 1. stick out tongue

SnakeEyes
Is with movie worth a blind buy, MP? It comes out soon here in America.

MildPossession
If you mean , then yes. smile

SnakeEyes
Yes, that's what I meant; little typo there.

But thanks, I might pick it up then!

The Nuul
Just got this, it was good but it has a stupid ending.

I do must say it has a perfect run time at hr 1 15 min.

MildPossession
What do you mean it has a stupid ending?! it's one of the best endings I've seen in a horror film lately. Very creepy.

The Nuul
Well, I wont go into detail because of the others that have not seen it yet. But it was too quick, like bamn then the credits start rolling. I wanted to find out more...

MildPossession
Well that doesn't make it stupid. There is a sequel out soon, so you will find out a bit more.

MildPossession
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WyiU09s3NM

Trailer for 2.

The Nuul
Umm... interesting.

lil bitchiness
I liked the swiftness of the ending. Particulary because you have 2 minutes max to figure out what happened there before - and then climax. Just brilliant.

BackFire
Finally saw this movie over the weekend.

Yes, very good. Extremely intense and the ending was amazing and one of the creepiest things I've seen in a long time.

I do wish though that I'd not seen Quarantine prior to this, but oh well, this one was better.

MildPossession
I have no sympathy for you. stick out tongue

MildPossession
A new trailer for the sequel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqBecMu2q5s

Myth
I finally saw this movie. It was pretty good, nothing amazing, but certainly entertaining. Not that it wouldn't have been predictable anyway, but I'm upset that the commercials for the US remake showed how it ends taking away that little element of surprise. There should be a rule about show the final seconds of a movie in trailers.

MildPossession
A third REC?

MildPossession
More on a third film and a possible Vampire film from the makers of :

MildPossession
Third happening:

The Nuul
Has Rec 2 even been released yet? I cannot find it anywhere....mad

MildPossession
I don't believe there are any official release dates for America or England yet. If you are in Britain(Glasgow), it is going to be shown at the Fright Festival on the 27th of February, alongside another film called Splice, wanted to see this for donkeys! see topic on this board if you don't know about it.

Fright Fest page: http://www.frightfest.co.uk/09films/glasgow10film6.html

BackFire
I've heard bad things.

MildPossession
Of REC 2 or Splice?

The Nuul
Or both?

BackFire
I was referring to REC 2

MildPossession
I've seen quite bad reviews for Splice, but nothing too bad for REC 2, mostly not as good as the first but still a worthwhile sequel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.