How much star was did you see?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
Did you guys watch star wars every day untill your tapes stopped woking? Did you have back up copies ?

chik4lit
RotJ was the first of mine to go. The beginning started skipping. And, no, I did NOT have back ups. I had to wait until the freaking DVDs came out.

Tangible God
I retained a shred of a life, so no, I did not play them so much they gave out.

General G
They never broke or wore out, they were taken good care of, mind you I haven't watched the VHS in a while...so it could be a little faulty after so long of no viewing, damn...I gotta check on those...

coolmovies
Originally posted by chik4lit
RotJ was the first of mine to go. The beginning started skipping. And, no, I did NOT have back ups. I had to wait until the freaking DVDs came out.

Didnt you buy the SE on VHS ??

JediRobin23
omg, you watcedh star wars so much the tapes failed. I thought I was bad and probably saw them 100 times

chik4lit
Originally posted by coolmovies
Didnt you buy the SE on VHS ??

I did. Those were the ones that wore out.

queeq
I didn't watch them that much. In the days before one could BUY VHS tapes, I'd had all the movies recorded on cassette so I could listen to them. I still know the OT almost by heart.

coolmovies
I recorded a new hope off tv on a dvd using a dvd recorder so it last longer

queeq
Clever. But err... why not buy it?

Lord Knightfa11
lmao i saw it in like 1996 or something. I watched it as much as i could. My favorite guy was luke of course. I mean, common, i was 8.... I didn't get the chance to watch it untill the tapes wore out because 2 years later, out popped tpm, and of course, still being young, i ate that up. by the time anh came out, we had dvds, and i hadn't worn anything out.

queeq
I like Luke better than Anakin. Luke actually STOPPED whining.

Lord Knightfa11
lmao skywalkers=whiner wannabes

queeq
Wannabe's? I thought they're pretty good at it.

Lord Knightfa11
not really. I'd be better. They rely too much on the force. i would be a cross between NJO luke and Thrawn. Capable in the force, and in military tactics.

queeq
You have a nasty Eu streak.

Lord Knightfa11
ow. sorry, i guess i just did it again...

queeq
Not for much longer. evil face

Lord Knightfa11
what? NO! NOOOOOO!!!!!!

*BAN*

haha but i will just keep continuing to make socks HAHAHAHA and be another noobaris!!!

Incoming lord knightfa111@$

queeq
Socks huh? The mod manual says genuine, non-virtual assassination is allowed when you do that. evil face

Lord Knightfa11
hehe try it. im a ninja in rl.... HAHAHA

and you havent gotten noobaris yet big grin

queeq
Don't freak out when you hear a knock on your door... it's just the last thing you'll ever hear.

Lord Knightfa11
*KNOCK KNOCK*
Who is it?
Jehovas witness!
*opens door*
QUEEQ HAS COME FOR YOU!!!
BANG! BANG!

queeq
You could be my ghost writer.

Lord Knightfa11
ooooooo...

coolmovies
well the force is strong with this one but he is know ringer (LOTR) or knocker yet laughing

Lord Knightfa11
?

queeq
??

Lord Knightfa11
???

queeq
????

Lord Knightfa11
?????

Stun
i hate to break the '?' trend, but i think the last time i saw a SW film was the summer of last year shocking

yay! for will power

Lord Knightfa11
ha! but you have been watching clone wars on Netflix, and reading every eu comic you can get your hands on! There isn't just the movies, you know....

Stun
you mean? EU! queeq cant decipher spoiler tags, if you use them for EU related material, we can smuggle EU in! stick out tongue

Lord Knightfa11
Originally posted by Stun
you mean? EU! queeq cant decipher spoiler tags, if you use them for EU related material, we can smuggle EU in! stick out tongue

ah! good thinking.

how about we turn this into a bane vs revan thread?

queeq
*terrible overacted confusion* "Wow... I wonder what they are saying behind my back in their secret code language. Ohh... that I had their powers and abilities. Then I would be a match for them..."

*holds index finger over ban button*

Stun
laughing out loud i surrender!

queeq
wink

Lord Knightfa11
Originally posted by queeq
*terrible overacted confusion* "Wow... I wonder what they are saying behind my back in their secret code language. Ohh... that I had their powers and abilities. Then I would be a match for them..."

*holds index finger over ban button*
oh we arent saying anything. we are just talking about freinds and socializing and that whatnot... *nervous toothy grin*

queeq
Smile more nervously, buddy.... a lot more.

Lord Knightfa11
*nervously smiles some more and shows off middle finger*

queeq
*pushes button*

Mr Parker
Originally posted by JediRobin23
omg, you watcedh star wars so much the tapes failed. I thought I was bad and probably saw them 100 times

yeah same here. eek!

Stun
100 times? pfff, when i was a kid i probably watched the originals atleast 200 times each - but that was 10 years ago, i'm cured now! stick out tongue

queeq
Sounds like a pissing contest now.

Stun
na, i'm not that childish - it's just that '100' is an understatement i think for the amount of times people have actually watched it (in their childhood days where video/DVD was commonplace)

queeq
Prolly.. Honeslty I wouldn't know how often I've seen them.

Lord Knightfa11
*pushes button*
wHAT??? NOOOOOO!!!111

queeq
Boy, you're alert.

Lord Knightfa11
no expression

coolmovies
He's pulling your leg mate

queeq
Hehehe

Lord Knightfa11
I was wondering why i was still here.

queeq
For my entertainment.

Lord Knightfa11
hehe

coolmovies
so did you guys watch them every single day before going to school ?

queeq
Not me.

sweersa
My Episode I tape started to get aged with time but I don't think it was becuase I watched it a lot...

queeq
Episode 1???? OMG...

coolmovies
he means TPM

sweersa
he means TPM

Yes, the one that made the most money that everybody hates becuase of one bad actor (jake) and one bad character. (jar jar)

People need to chill and enjoy the movies.

coolmovies
ESB didnt make that much money and is considerd the best in the saga

queeq
he means TPM

I know he did... *sighs*... I just can't believe people played that tape to death. It wasn't that great ya know.

sweersa
I know he did... *sighs*... I just can't believe people played that tape to death. It wasn't that great ya know.

Hahaha. If you read my post again you see some humor in it. Now that I look back I think I may have watched it to death. But it is still very watchable today, just has the usual tape aging properties.

Plus many people wanted to borrow it becuase of how great of a movie it is.

queeq
Sure.

Well, I have both TPM and AOTC on VHS still... I don't think I ever watched them though. The VHS TPM is in fact the theatrical one, the DVD version is different. So in that respect it's worth owning. I have the AOTC tape, just because it's the last SW movie ever to be released on VHS.

sweersa
Sure.

Well, I have both TPM and AOTC on VHS still... I don't think I ever watched them though. The VHS TPM is in fact the theatrical one, the DVD version is different. So in that respect it's worth owning. I have the AOTC tape, just because it's the last SW movie ever to be released on VHS.

Yeah I remember watching the TPM DVD once at my cousins house and seeing a lot of things I never saw before on the VHS.

I believe the VHS of Revenge of the Sith was released in the UK. Maybe VHS players stayed around longer there than in the US.

coolmovies
He is right ROTS was also available on VHS. The OT has been played on VHS for more then 30 years even TPM cant beat it

queeq
It wasn't released in the USA... I think only in commonwealth countries it was released on VHS. I never saw it in my country at least.

sweersa
It wasn't released in the USA... I think only in commonwealth countries it was released on VHS. I never saw it in my country at least.

I know it wasn't released in the US as VHS, but it was in the UK for some reason.

coolmovies
ya man u tell him lolz

sweersa
ya man u tell him lolz

Hahaha. I saw a tomb stone with VHS written on it. It was one stone down from the HD DVD grave.

queeq
laughing out loud

coolmovies
and then there was one for dvd

sweersa
and then there was one for dvd

Yes, but it was only a spot with a stone. Its not underground yet.

It pre-ordered a grave becuase it knows it is getting old. But still has some years to go.

queeq
Years? I doubt that. I see the Blu-Ray prices dropping, I'll be transferring soon.

I did get a chance to see the result of DVD on a Blu-Ray player and HD LCD screen... wasn't too bad. It holds up pretty good. Regular tv is utter crap though. So you sit at a distance.... which makes a large screen important, otherwise it's too small...Hmm... something fishy about that...

sweersa
Years? I doubt that. I see the Blu-Ray prices dropping, I'll be transferring soon.

I did get a chance to see the result of DVD on a Blu-Ray player and HD LCD screen... wasn't too bad. It holds up pretty good. Regular tv is utter crap though. So you sit at a distance.... which makes a large screen important, otherwise it's too small...Hmm... something fishy about that...

I am sure Blu-Ray and DVD will have a similar instance where both will be equally common as the DVD slowly recedes into the ground. Same thing sort of happened with VHS and DVD, it doesn't happen in months.

My friend owns over 500 DVDs he says he likes blu ray but for some reason would think it is stupid to buy any....I think it is because he bought so many FN dvds!! lol

I never buy much media like that becuase it will always be replaced with something better eventually.

queeq
I have over 600 DVD's myself. And as Is aid: they hold up pretty well in the a good Blu Ray player/HD TV combo. So they're fine. They look better than average tv... so it's still way better than we ever had.

I find some HD a tad edgy myself. I saw bits of Pirates of the Caribean 3... and it's amazing what you see.... Too much even. Supposedly clean shave people have how an ugly stubble. HD shows everything, even stuff we're not supposed to see. So I'm still not too sure how sharp we should go.

sweersa
I have over 600 DVD's myself. And as Is aid: they hold up pretty well in the a good Blu Ray player/HD TV combo. So they're fine. They look better than average tv... so it's still way better than we ever had.

I find some HD a tad edgy myself. I saw bits of Pirates of the Caribean 3... and it's amazing what you see.... Too much even. Supposedly clean shave people have how an ugly stubble. HD shows everything, even stuff we're not supposed to see. So I'm still not too sure how sharp we should go.

That is a good point. A lot of female actresses say they don't like it becuase it shows their facial 'imperfections' and such. I suppose it does add more realism to the viewing experience in that respect.

queeq
Yeah, but realism is overrated. If it's realism you want, why go see a movie. I consider it a form of escapism.
Plus, you get to see things that detract the realism: you actually see make-up residue stuck in stubble or hairlines, wigs that are not perfect... it's harder and more expensive to make fake look realistic.

sweersa
Yeah, but realism is overrated. If it's realism you want, why go see a movie. I consider it a form of escapism.
Plus, you get to see things that detract the realism: you actually see make-up residue stuck in stubble or hairlines, wigs that are not perfect... it's harder and more expensive to make fake look realistic.

I just watched an HD version of the Terminator show. I actually like the sharper look. Stubble is natural, and isn't at all bad in my opinion. I also view TV as a way to escape, but the more natural looks of the actors doesn't taint that for me. I would think the make up artists should improve or step it up to accommodate the higher resolutions if that is a problem. I think high res would be worth the extra money and effort in improving the actor's looks.

queeq
They will improve but everything will get more expensive: make-up, sets etc.

sweersa
They will improve but everything will get more expensive: make-up, sets etc.

True. More for more I guess.

queeq
Well, you don't get more. You have to pay more to make it look like it does now.

sweersa
Well, you don't get more. You have to pay more to make it look like it does now.

It is still high res.

queeq
Yes... that it is.

sweersa
Yes... that it is.

I saw a Blu-Ray of one of the pirates movies playing on a large demo TV at this media store...it looked amazing for the most part.

I can't wait for the prices to get a little lower....then I will make my move. smile

queeq
I'm about to.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.