Earthquake..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kelly_Bean
Sorry if a topic has been started here or on the GDF, didn't quite see anything.

SO..Friday was my first (and hopefully LAST) earthquake experience. At around 5:30 AM I was laying in bed, sleeping away and all of a sudden my room starts to shake and basically I jerk awake and think I'm dying. If I've ever had a large jumble of thoughts in a minimal amount of seconds, this was the world record because I had so much sh*t going through my head and me thinking I'm dying was at the top of the list. I'm sure me being 3/4 asleep had something to do with it as well. So when my room stopped shaking I walk out of my room and ask my Mom's like "Was that an earthquake?" and I'm like "Did you feel that?" (still mostly asleep lol)..and anyway, needless to say it took me about a half hour or more to get back to sleep because I was so shooken up. After I woke up Mom confirmed to me that it was an earthquake and that it was a 5.5 on the richter scale (some sites say 5.2, some say 5.5, who cares?)

Also, as I was in the bath at around 11:30 PM and I felt an aftershock.

Just thought I'd share. stick out tongue

I heard that the earthquake was actually felt all the way out in St. Louis, Missouri. Whew!

edit: I would've shared this earlier but as soon as I got out of the bath Friday I had to leave. I didn't have ANY time to get ready so I had no time to sit down at the computer.

BruceSkywalker
Living here in L. A., I've been in lots of earthquakes and aftershocks. I'm used to it. I'm sure you may feel more eventually. But you got thru it.

Ax3l
Apparently, Michigan was shook as well. I was asleep. So, doesn't matter to me.

Kelly_Bean
I've never felt anything more than what I thought were tremors but they were most likely just Fort Knox. My mother said there was one here when my brother was around 2 or 3 (he's nearly 5 years older than I am) there was one and it scared the shit out of him.

Originally posted by Ax3l
Apparently, Michigan was shook as well. I was asleep. So, doesn't matter to me.
Yeah most people I talked to about it said they slept right through it too but I guess I just wasn't sleeping too deeply or something. I've slept through my fire alarm malfunctioning and going off but I can't sleep through a damn earthquake. stick out tongue

Disturbed Angel
I've been through more earthquakes than I care to remember. The edge of the Caribbean plate passes through the centre of this island. Convenient, eh? Anyway, they're not pleasant things, earthquakes, even the small ones. Glad you're okay. hug

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by Disturbed Angel
I've been through more earthquakes than I care to remember. The edge of the Caribbean plate passes through the centre of this island. Convenient, eh? Anyway, they're not pleasant things, earthquakes, even the small ones. Glad you're okay. hug
Yeah, my first one just hadto be 5+ on the scale. Lol. And thank you. hug Glad you're okay from all of the ones you have experienced. They're no fun to have to deal with when you're sleeping soundly.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
Yeah, my first one just hadto be 5+ on the scale. Lol. And thank you. hug Glad you're okay from all of the ones you have experienced. They're no fun to have to deal with when you're sleeping soundly.

I know what you mean. During the '94 earthquake I was sound asleep, but that motherfracker woke me on up.

Barker
It was Jacope roundhouse kicking Bardock, who fell to the ground and caused the tremors.

Not Earthquakes.

.bus

Ax3l
I was all

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b289/Trppnclark1167/Clipboard01-1.jpg

Barker
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5886/1207381554824em2.jpg

Blax_Hydralisk
I live in San Francisco, foolz! haermm

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by Barker
It was Jacope roundhouse kicking Bardock, who fell to the ground and caused the tremors.

Not Earthquakes.

.bus
Lol.

Strangelove
yeah, it was in Southern Indiana, I felt it too.

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by Strangelove
yeah, it was in Southern Indiana, I felt it too.
Cool, didn't know you lived that close!! (Been there for a vacation as well).

Strangelove
only for school. I live near the Michigan border.

Impediment
The only earthquake I've ever experienced was when I was stationed at Ft. Irwin, CA when we were doing desert training in the Mojave Desert. We were all asleep outside in our tents when we were shaken awake. I literally started screaming like a school girl with a skinned knee, as did a few other individuals. It turns out that we were in the epicenter of a 7.2 quake. I was kinda shaken, no pun intended, but after that, I was all like "COOL! I was in an earthquake!"

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by Impediment
The only earthquake I've ever experienced was when I was stationed at Ft. Irwin, CA when we were doing desert training in the Mojave Desert. We were all asleep outside in our tents when we were shaken awake. I literally started screaming like a school girl with a skinned knee, as did a few other individuals. It turns out that we were in the epicenter of a 7.2 quake. I was kinda shaken, no pun intended, but after that, I was all like "COOL! I was in an earthquake!"

that has to be one of the manliest things you have done though, military training then slept in the middle of an earthquake laughing out loud

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by Strangelove
only for school. I live near the Michigan border.
Ah!
Yeah I believe we're on the New Madrid fault line or something like that.

Yeah, lmao, like me. I was scared shitless but for the rest of the day I was talking about it and listening to other people talk about it. I was thinking 'Wow, I was in an earthquake, pretty cool!'

Mairuzu
Did somebody say woman, ass and boobs?

ScarletSpeed
mmm, Woman, Ass and Boobs are a deadly combo, especially boobs and ass on a woman shifty

dadudemon
Sorry if a topic has been started here or on the GDF, didn't quite see anything.

SO..Friday was my first (and hopefully LAST) earthquake experience. At around 5:30 AM I was laying in bed, sleeping away and all of a sudden my room starts to shake and basically I jerk awake and think I'm dying. If I've ever had a large jumble of thoughts in a minimal amount of seconds, this was the world record because I had so much sh*t going through my head and me thinking I'm dying was at the top of the list. I'm sure me being 3/4 asleep had something to do with it as well. So when my room stopped shaking I walk out of my room and ask my Mom's like "Was that an earthquake?" and I'm like "Did you feel that?" (still mostly asleep lol)..and anyway, needless to say it took me about a half hour or more to get back to sleep because I was so shooken up. After I woke up Mom confirmed to me that it was an earthquake and that it was a 5.5 on the richter scale (some sites say 5.2, some say 5.5, who cares?)

Also, as I was in the bath at around 11:30 PM and I felt an aftershock.

Just thought I'd share. stick out tongue

I heard that the earthquake was actually felt all the way out in St. Louis, Missouri. Whew!

edit: I would've shared this earlier but as soon as I got out of the bath Friday I had to leave. I didn't have ANY time to get ready so I had no time to sit down at the computer.

COOL! Glad it wasn't anything serious.

That sounds funny to me. It would be hilarious to get you screaming on video while you are wobbling all over the place. I don't want to experience an earthquake.

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by dadudemon
COOL! Glad it wasn't anything serious.

That sounds funny to me. It would be hilarious to get you screaming on video while you are wobbling all over the place. I don't want to experience an earthquake.
So am I, I really would've shat my bed then, lol.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Living here in L. A., I've been in lots of earthquakes and aftershocks. I'm used to it. I'm sure you may feel more eventually. But you got thru it.

Yeah, at first quakes can be scary...but then you get use to them.

Kumori Okami
we felt aftershocks in TN around 4:30 am. knocked a pic off my wall and busted the frame... that reminds me, i need to go buy a new frame...

Peach
I live in Chicago and though I slept right through it, one of my friends was up when it happened (about 4:30am here) and said his entire house started shaking.

This was not the first earthquake I've slept through stick out tongue

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by Kumori Okami
we felt aftershocks in TN around 4:30 am. knocked a pic off my wall and busted the frame... that reminds me, i need to go buy a new frame...
Wow, I don't believe anything fell over here but it's really surprising as much as everything was shaking.
Originally posted by Peach
I live in Chicago and though I slept right through it, one of my friends was up when it happened (about 4:30am here) and said his entire house started shaking.

This was not the first earthquake I've slept through stick out tongue
One of my friends said her TV fell off the stand.

More people have said they've slept through it than I expected. xd2 That's awesome.

P23
i live in IL i didnt feel it but man i never knew the mid west gets earth quakes.

Wålshy
i live in wales, we get earthquakes everyday

Mairuzu
Was the demons

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Was the demons
You?

Disturbed Angel
The second to last one I was in was like 7.6, or 6.7, or something, I can't remember lol. I was upstairs in the school library at the time and the whole room started shaking and swaying, books were falling off the shelves. I was scared as fvck. But the last one I experienced was only a couple months ago, and I'd been sleeping then and shaken awake, same as you. I think that one was a 5.8.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.