The Stone Angel - A Canadian Film for Canadians

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

arob
The Stone Angel is the feature film adaptation of Canadian author Margaret Laurence's classic novel, and will be in Limited Release on May 9th, 2008 and enjoy a wider release on May 23th, only in Canada.

The witty, irascible and fiercely proud Hagar Shipley escapes confinement when her son Marvin and daughter in law Doris try to force her into a retirement home. Hagar sets out on a preposterous journey in search of a way to reconcile herself to her tumultuous past.

What a powerful movie! The film is every bit as heartbreaking as the book, and leaves the viewer marveling at all senior citizens. Ellen Burstyn's performance is impeccable - Margaret Laurence would be proud of her. The movie also includes performances by several other well known Canadian performers including, Ellen Page of Juno.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by arob

The witty, irascible and fiercely proud Hagar Shipley escapes confinement when her son Marvin and daughter in law Doris try to force her into a retirement home. Hagar sets out on a preposterous journey in search of a way to reconcile herself to her tumultuous past.

This is just for Canadians? blink

Robtard
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
This is for just Canadians? blink

You have to say "eh" at the end, otherwise your question won't compute to the Canadian mind.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Robtard
You have to say "eh" at the end, otherwise your question won't compute to the Canadian mind.

O' Canaduh!.....stick out tongue

psychokandy
Well, Mr. Arob, I think I just might nick your Mother's Day gift idea... (seeing as how The Stone Angel is one of her favorite books!)

I checked out the trailer and it looks pretty decent! Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.