Vulcan vs Terrax

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
thoughts?

Grinning Goku
Terrax.

UltimateStryfe
terrax

SevenShackles
Vulcan speed-blitz? im curious to know if Vulcan can tap/absorb/manip the power cosmic. but not enough feats i guess so Terrax would probly take the win.

starlock
Terrax for the win

Newjak
Terrax should win but we all know how that generally goes for him.

basilisk
Terrax should be able to take this.

Xplosive
Terrax

celestialdemon
Terrax

guy222
terrax

Lord Feron
Originally posted by SevenShackles
Vulcan speed-blitz? im curious to know if Vulcan can tap/absorb/manip the power cosmic. but not enough feats i guess so Terrax would probly take the win.
Unfortunate that he does not have enough feats =( HE would be pretty amazing. Manipulating all forms of power and what not. Terrax prolly win.

id369
What about, Vulcan with his teammates powers?

starlock
Originally posted by id369
What about, Vulcan with his teammates powers?

Hmmm good question cool

Lets see...earth control,adaption,time control(am i right?)....added to a omega level energy manipulator......wow its tuff to call....i need some time to think this over hmmmmmm reading

Galan007
What about, Vulcan with his teammates powers? If it were with that stipulation, I really don't see how he could loose.

leonidas
it's never really been proven he does NOT still have access to sway and petra's powers. only darwin was removed, afterall . . . we haven't seen the powers, true, but they are still referenced in his marvel bio.

incidentally, beast mentioned that with darwin's power inside him, vulcan would approach galactus levels of potential power. big grin

in any case, i think terrax would certainly be made to work for every one of his wins . . .

id369
Instant adaptability is hard to boot.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by leonidas
it's never really been proven he does NOT still have access to sway and petra's powers. only darwin was removed, afterall . . . we haven't seen the powers, true, but they are still referenced in his marvel bio.

incidentally, beast mentioned that with darwin's power inside him, vulcan would approach galactus levels of potential power. big grin

in any case, i think terrax would certainly be made to work for every one of his wins . . .

galactus levels?interesting. a win with the added stipulation of servitude hummmm Gladiator as his 'guard' , Terrax as his 'FIST' and the universe as his playground evil face

leonidas
Originally posted by SevenShackles
galactus levels?interesting. a win with the added stipulation of servitude hummmm Gladiator as his 'guard' , Terrax as his 'FIST' and the universe as his playground evil face

laughing out loud

daddy likey . . . big grin

Mr Master

beast mentioned that with darwin's power inside him,

vulcan would approach galactus levels of potential power.
Who ever was talking through Beast and made that claim is buggin.

Vulcan on his own is a joke in comparison with the likes of Galactus,
he's "omega level" status,
like that's ever stopped these "omega" cats from getting owned,
including the most "omega" of the Summers connection, Phoenix.

Anywho, Gladiator stomped his ass 1-2-3 style,
k.o'd that boy to sleep, even knocked his eye out in the process.

Darwin is a cool cat, his power is beautiful,
but no way Darwin's power will boost Vulcan to Galactus levels.

Imo, maybe, maybe close to skyfather, but that's it.

jasofisc
what exactly prevented vulcan from messing with glads power? If it was his aura that is something terrax doesn't have. I want to say terrax would win butttttt I don't know I could see vulan doing to him what he did to those two imeral gurads men would who were uber powerfull.

jasofisc
as far as the galactus level goes I think that gets thown out there way too manny times about characters.

Mr Master
Originally posted by jasofisc

what exactly prevented vulcan from messing with glads power?

If it was his aura that is something terrax doesn't have.
This is what happened:

....................................................................................................

Vulcan is "omega level" ... glare

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/8088/vul1il9.th.jpg

....................................................................................................

"Omega level" Vulcan,
getting stomped by Gladiator,
getting his eye knocked out of his head by Gladiator
getting K.O'd by Gladiator,

all in one page:

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/368/vul2uv3.th.jpg

http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/4253/vulc3pl5.th.jpg

Gladiator actually allows Vulcan to live, he could've easily killed him evidently:

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/5130/vul4vt2.th.jpg

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/1672/vul5hi5.th.jpg

Troop
Vulcan could have beat Glads if he didn't just blast him like an idiot.

jasofisc
Originally posted by Mr Master
This is what happened:

Vulcan is "omega level" ... glare

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/8088/vul1il9.th.jpg

"Omega level" Vulcan,
getting stomped by Gladiator,
getting his eye knocked out of his head by Gladiator
getting K.O'd by Gladiator,

all in one page:

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/368/vul2uv3.th.jpg

http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/4253/vulc3pl5.th.jpg

Gladiator actually allows Vulcan to live, he could've easily killed him evidently:

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/5130/vul4vt2.th.jpg

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/1672/vul5hi5.th.jpg

sorry that didn't answer my question what was unique about glads that made it so vulcan couldn't mess with his power?

Mr Master
Originally posted by Troop

Vulcan could have beat Glads if he didn't just blast him like an idiot.
Perhaps in a "What if" that will be the story someday,
but in canon 616, Glads stomped Vulcan like a child.

Mr Master

sorry that didn't answer my question
what was unique about glads that made it so vulcan couldn't mess with his power?
Other than confidence, nothing.

Endrict Nuul
Oh and there's the Havok blasting the Hell outta Vulcan 2 second fight.

Yeah, I agree that Vulcan is not a Omega Mutant or it's just shitty writing again.

Troop
Perhaps in a "What if" that will be the story someday,
but in canon 616, Glads stomped Vulcan like a child.

Which could be a low showing. Before that he used his powered in ways where he would destroy everyone he came across. Then he meets someone who can challenge him and he fights like an idiot. Hes been that way for ages now.

If they were consistent with him he would have won that fight.

celestialdemon
Which could be a low showing. Before that he used his powered in ways where he would destroy everyone he came across. Then he meets someone who can challenge him and he fights like an idiot. Hes been that way for ages now.

When he went through everyone, didn't he have Darwin with him? And during the Gladiator fight he didn't?

Troop
Thats how he took the damage maybe. But I doubt it effected how he can use his energy powers. Which is what I am talking about.

celestialdemon
It could have, considering Darwin's powers have been used offensively as well.

jasofisc
Other than confidence, nothing.

ok so then you see it the same way as me that it was his aura (which responds to his confidence) that protected him from vulcan. Sooooo terax would not have that right? if not vulcan can win this fight

Troop
Originally posted by celestialdemon
It could have, considering Darwin's powers have been used offensively as well. But still he used them how he should and could have.

He controls energy which is how he messed with peoples powered and minds.

celestialdemon
But still he used them how he should and could have.

He controls energy which is how he messed with peoples powered and minds.

True, but once he lost Darwin, we have him losing to Gladiator and Havok. So, he's obviously not as good as he once was.

Mr Master

Which could be a low showing.
Before that he used his powered in ways where he would destroy everyone he came across.
Then he meets someone who can challenge him and he fights like an idiot.
Hes been that way for ages now.
He only destroyed two non-combative shiar ships,
killed a shiar crew in two warships,
and defeated the Imperial guard,
until Gladiator got pissed and stomped him silly, even took his eye out.

Gladiator is the only member of consequence there anyway.

I respect your opinion,
but the fact is that on panel Glads defeated him.

Mr Master

ok so then you see it the same way as me that it was his aura (which responds to his confidence) that protected him from vulcan. Sooooo terax would not have that right? if not vulcan can win this fight
I see what you mean, your reasoning is sound.

Don't know if Glads' aura is equal to a herald's durability.

Mr Master

True, but once he lost Darwin, we have him losing to Gladiator and Havok. So, he's obviously not as good as he once was.
That was the second time around in his amped up stage,
normal "omega level" Vulcan got stomped by Glads alone.

Troop

Thats because hes acted an idiot. Originally posted by Mr Master
He only destroyed two non-combative shiar ships,
killed a shiar crew in two warships,
and defeated the Imperial guard,
until Gladiator got pissed and stomped him silly, even took his eye out.

Gladiator is the only member of consequence there anyway.

I respect your opinion,
but the fact is that on panel Glads defeated him.

You can't take one fight over all his past feats of using his brain. There are a number of ways he could have beat Gladiator, and before he started acting like a child he used them. I read every Vulcan apearence and he was smart, calm cool he know what to do.

He got angry, acted like an idiot and lost.

Troop
That was the second time around in his amped up stage,
normal "omega level" Vulcan got stomped by Glads alone.

Thats because he done what exactly? Blasted him, with other enemy's in the past he sued his powers more smartly.

Mr Master

Thats because he done what exactly? Blasted him,
with other enemy's in the past he sued his powers more smartly.
I understand your stance good friend.

You believe he would've/should've won, although he lost.

That's cool, I respect that. smile

leonidas
meh -- no logical reason he couldn't have dealt with glads in the same way he did rachel by affecting his bio-energy. and while it's true he lost to glads (a nice showing for him for a change) he did better against the eldest than gladiator did and was ultimately the reason the eldest was defeated (the same eldest who pretty effortlessly busted gladiator up). don't forget -- vulcan's chrono age is THIRTEEN. he is written as impetulant because he's an angry kid and he is VERY inexperienced with his power.

given his powerset, he could have easily found a simple, logical way to beat glads. he didn't which was sorta disappointing. glads however was given some good respect in that mini as he was shown killing the shi'ar phoenix as well . . .

as for havok -- he owned havok several times (an impressive feat given some of havok's feats) until he was uber-amped. again, disappointing, but there is still a lot of time to see more of vulcan and where he ends up . . .

terrax would win now. vulcan has the potential to defeat him though.

ExodusCloak
meh -- no logical reason he couldn't have dealt with glads in the same way he did rachel by affecting his bio-energy. and while it's true he lost to glads (a nice showing for him for a change) he did better against the eldest than gladiator did and was ultimately the reason the eldest was defeated (the same eldest who pretty effortlessly busted gladiator up). don't forget -- vulcan's chrono age is THIRTEEN. he is written as impetulant because he's an angry kid and he is VERY inexperienced with his power.

given his powerset, he could have easily found a simple, logical way to beat glads. he didn't which was sorta disappointing. glads however was given some good respect in that mini as he was shown killing the shi'ar phoenix as well . . .

as for havok -- he owned havok several times (an impressive feat given some of havok's feats) until he was uber-amped. again, disappointing, but there is still a lot of time to see more of vulcan and where he ends up . . .

terrax would win now. vulcan has the potential to defeat him though.

Not to mention that the loss to Gladiator was pretty much explained in the same issue. Brubaker wasn't about to let his creation be dog food. Which in retrospect is actually a very good showing seeing how he beat up the Imperial Guard while given a false briefing of the situation.

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/4181/uncannyxmen477018vz4.th.jpg
http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/6884/uncannyxmen480007cu6.th.jpg

Can't say the same for the The Star-Amped Havok thing though.

Troop

terrax would win now. vulcan has the potential to defeat him though. See he could have and if he was consistent he would have.

leonidas
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Not to mention that the loss to Gladiator was pretty much explained in the same issue. Brubaker wasn't about to let his creation be dog food. Which in retrospect is actually a very good showing seeing how he beat up the Imperial Guard while given a false briefing of the situation.

that's a fair poitn -- the guard WAS alerted to his coming, and vulcan was misled about their power levels. i'd forgotten that. i'd personally like to see a rematch between glads and vulcan. i'd place my money on the omega, i think. smile

Troop
If he didn't act like an idiot Vulcan all the way.

Mindset

All that really says is he was unaware of Glads true powerlevel, that would be the same for anyone who has never faced Gladiator before, I don't see how that explains away his lose.

Troop
Its called jobbing especially with what he done before.

Mindset
Not really, it could be Gladiator was too fast and strong for him. It's not like Glads uses energy attacks like the eldest

Troop
He was fast enough to talk and to blast but not fast to enough to do something that he seemly done effortlessly and very quick before?

The fight was entertaining but shouldn't have went down that way with Vulcan's history.

Mr Master

Not to mention that the loss to Gladiator was pretty much explained in the same issue.
That doesn't sound like a stipulation to me EC,
Vulcan didn't get prep, that's not Gladiator's fault,
it's not like if Gladiator had prep.

No mental blocks or limitations were placed on Vulcan,
he was simply not told about "what he was up against?" ... Like Gladiator?

Only way I interpret that concerning it helping Vulcan is, he needs prep,
in order to look into Glads' weakness to cheese his way to a win.

I don't know,

imo ... that was the old school Gladiator in the house for a change.
(containing explosions that can destroy half the solar system/flies at 100 x light speed,
laughs in the center of a direct concentrated nova blast)

My bad, I'm ranting, I like Glads. smile

He was confident vs Vulcan, perhaps confident Gladiator > omega level mutants. laughing out loud

Mindset
He was fast enough to talk and to blast but not fast to enough to do something that he seemly done effortlessly and very quick before?

The fight was entertaining but shouldn't have went down that way with Vulcan's history.

Well he was obviously too strong, and wasn't fast enough for a second attack. http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/4386/1uh8.jpg

Mindset

I don't know,

(containing explosions that can destroy half the solar system/flies at 100 x light speed,

He was confident vs Vulcan, perhaps confident Gladiator > omega level mutants. laughing out loud

I concur.

smile

ExodusCloak

I don't know,

(containing explosions that can destroy half the solar system) meh.
- a would be upgraded supes in marvel -

I think the issue here is that Vulcan did get prep. He was actually told what he was up against(What to expect). The strategy in which he approached that fight was from the plan he took weeks to formulate based on false information purposely given to him by the Shiar Captain and he still managed to total the Imperial Guard. He was pretty much a 13 year old shell-shocked after realizing he's been duped by a smelly bird man.

BTW I think you're misinterpreting the meaning of being an Omega Level Mutant.
Being an Omega Level Mutant does not grant the character an automatic win. You have Alpha Level Mutants who are more powerful then Omega Level Mutants. Omega Level Mutants are explained as beings with unlimited potential, thing is they still have to reach that potential.

Mindset
Yea, omegas are normally some of the strongest mutants though.

Gladiator is herlad level character, losing to him doesn't have to be jobbing.

Mr Master

I think the issue here is that Vulcan did get prep. He was actually told what he was up against. The strategy in which he approached that fight was from the plan he took weeks to formulate based on false information purposely given to him by the Shiar Captain and he still managed to total the Imperial Guard.
I noted he took out the I-Guard, but I was only focusing on Gladiator,
and that reason still doesn't take away from Gladiator winning this time,
legitimately.

I agree with you on your point below, so the "omega level" stamp is inconsequential,
but nevertheless,
at his current power-level (not amped) he got stomped by Glads fair & square.

BTW I think you're misinterpreting the meaning of being an Omega Level Mutant.
Being an Omega Level Mutant does not grant the character an automatic win. You have Alpha Level Mutants who are more powerful then Omega Level Mutants. Omega Level Mutants are explained as beings with unlimited potential, thing is they still have to reach that potential.
thumb up True that.

celestialdemon

Exactly. Elixir is an Omega-level mutant, but he's not defeating someone like SS anytime soon.

ExodusCloak
I noted he took out the I-Guard, but I was only focusing on Gladiator,
and that reason still doesn't take away from Gladiator winning this time,
legitimately.

I agree with you on your point below, so the "omega level" stamp is inconsequential,
but nevertheless,
at his current power-level (not amped) he got stomped by Glads fair & square.

That last bit is what I'd disagree on. Vulcan has a mind of a 13 year old. He was pretty much shell-shocked once he realized that his plan which he spent weeks formulating was worthless. I mean how would any whiney adolescent react to a situation like that.

Anyway I think you'll pretty much see the shoe on the other foot in the next Annihilation, if it does happen that Vulcan is the big bad.

I'm a big supporter of the Imperial Guard so I'm hoping they start gaining some respect especially when you look at half their powersets on paper.

Mindset
Well Vulcan is an omega so he should be getting stronger with more practice and maturity.

I'd imagine he should be leagues stronger than he is.

Troop
Originally posted by Mindset
Well he was obviously too strong, and wasn't fast enough for a second attack. http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/4386/1uh8.jpg He could have shut off his powers or messed with his mind plenty of times before that.

Also forgetting this is an entire team vs a weakened Vulcan.

Mindset
He could have shut off his powers or messed with his mind plenty of times before that.

Also forgetting this is an entire team vs a weakened Vulcan.

None of that matters, that doesn't meant Vulcan jobbed. Gladiator could have gone ftl and splattered Vulcan's brains, just because you don't use the height of your abilities doesn't mean you're jobbing.

Avlon

I don't know,

Thanks for putting up the scans amigo. I'm not a big Gladiator fan, but that was a pretty awesome portrayal.

SS>Godlike Cable.
Glads>Vulcan.

Interesting.

Troop
Originally posted by Avlon
Thanks for putting up the scans amigo. I'm not a big Gladiator fan, but that was a pretty awesome portrayal.

SS>Godlike Cable.
Glads>Vulcan.

Interesting. Uh.

Vulcan should and can beat Gladiator, that one fight shouldn't be what your basing it all on.

Avlon
Uh.

Vulcan should and can beat Gladiator, that one fight shouldn't be what your basing it all on.

You mean like the way you fairly judged Eradicator vs Majestic? smile

It wasn't even a fight with vulcan and Glads...it was a pwning.

Maybe they'll have a rematch..but for now... no

ExodusCloak
Uh.

To be fair, given that Vulcan(No Darwin, Petra or Sway) has very few uber feats and most of Gladiators older showings are quite uber I can't see Vulcan beating him via KMC rules.
It's a nice power set on paper. But until Vulcan raps some showings under his belt, he's not beating Gladiator.

But then again technically speaking in an in character fight Gladiator wouldn't be able to lay a hand on his Emperor due to loyalty issues.

Mr Master

That last bit is what I'd disagree on. Vulcan has a mind of a 13 year old. He was pretty much shell-shocked once he realized that his plan which he spent weeks formulating was worthless. I mean how would any whiney adolescent react to a situation like that.
I'm not comfortable with taking anything away from Glads
just because Vulc wasn't prepped properly.

Anyway I think you'll pretty much see the shoe on the other foot in the next Annihilation, if it does happen that Vulcan is the big bad.
thumb up

I'm a big supporter of the Imperial Guard so I'm hoping they start gaining some respect especially when you look at half their powersets on paper.
Couldn't agree more.

Mr Master

Maybe they'll have a rematch..but for now... no

To be fair, given that Vulcan(No Darwin, Petra or Sway) has very few uber feats and most of Gladiators older showings are quite uber I can't see Vulcan beating him via KMC rules.

It's a nice power set on paper.
But until Vulcan raps some showings under his belt, he's not beating Gladiator.

thumb up

Mindset
thumb up

Troop
It's a nice power set on paper. But until Vulcan raps some showings under his belt, he's not beating Gladiator.

But then again technically speaking in an in character fight Gladiator wouldn't be able to lay a hand on his Emperor due to loyalty issues.

Hes acted like an idiot, how he beat people before shouldn't be any different than what he can do now. But the writers dumbed him down. The only interesting thing about him was his powered and how he used them, now he pure sucks altogether. sad

Troop
You mean like the way you fairly judged Eradicator vs Majestic? smile

Maybe they'll have a rematch..but for now... no Well Majestic has gotten planet moving feats and things that beat anything Superman has done, so I am going from what I have saw of Errad and Maj.

Avlon
Well Majestic has gotten planet moving feats and things that beat anything Superman has done, so I am going from what I have saw of Errad and Maj.

Superman has tons of amazing feats of his own, and Erads does as well. I happen to like all 3, so I would know. smile

Majestic admitted that Erads was killing him and what he pulled was last ditch (and luckily for him, it worked.)

Vulcan just got pwned by Glads.

There is a HUGE difference.

REIGN of the SUPERMEN. wink

norrinradd43
That is one of Gladiators best putting his foot down moments for sure

leonidas
i disagree that vulcan "jobbed" in the fight. he fought the way he he was being portrayed (young, over-confident, rash, inexperienced) AND losing to a herald class character (who has gotten the best of THOR for cripes sake . . .) is NOT a very large knock. the problem comes from knowing what the hype was like, and what his potential MAY be. makes him losing disappointing. i actually like vulcan. he seems quite the a-hole at times but i think it fits well with his character. when he DOES mature, he is gonna be one bad mofo . . .

tkitna
People are picking Terrax to win and Vulcan gets taken out by Gladiator in two punches, but there's a thread disputing if Sentry can beat him? Strange.

id369

Troop
i disagree that vulcan "jobbed" in the fight. he fought the way he he was being portrayed (young, over-confident, rash, inexperienced) AND losing to a herald class character (who has gotten the best of THOR for cripes sake . . .) is NOT a very large knock. the problem comes from knowing what the hype was like, and what his potential MAY be. makes him losing disappointing. i actually like vulcan. he seems quite the a-hole at times but i think it fits well with his character. when he DOES mature, he is gonna be one bad mofo . . .

The problem is before that he didn't act like an idiot, he was smart and knew what to do, before his final battle with X-Men at least.

Losing Darwin's powers shouldn't have effected how he used his own.

Troop
Superman has tons of amazing feats of his own, and Erads does as well. I happen to like all 3, so I would know. smile

Majestic admitted that Erads was killing him and what he pulled was last ditch (and luckily for him, it worked.)

Vulcan just got pwned by Glads.

There is a HUGE difference.

REIGN of the SUPERMEN. wink

Superman has great feats but so dokes Majestic you just have to find them.

Wrong, Majestic concisdered it a game and he finally got annoyed because Erradicater FINALLY became a threat so he ended it as soon as it began.

Vulcan was pwned, Vulcan acted nothing like he did before that. He blasted when he could have done so much more and before that he did.

roll eyes (sarcastic) Superman fans.

Utrigita

Do you have the scan???

Avlon
Superman has great feats but so dokes Majestic you just have to find them.

Wrong, Majestic concisdered it a game and he finally got annoyed because Erradicater FINALLY became a threat so he ended it as soon as it began.

Vulcan was pwned, Vulcan acted nothing like he did before that. He blasted when he could have done so much more and before that he did.

roll eyes (sarcastic) Superman fans.

Must be why MAJ told Erads he was killing him.

Doesnt matter though, it's obvious that all of the Supermen would whoop Vulcan laughably easy.

i'm dealing in facts while you're obviously in denial.

Troop
Must be why MAJ told Erads he was killing him.

Doesnt matter though, it's obvious that all of the Supermen would whoop Vulcan laughably easy.

i'm dealing in facts while you're obviously in denial.

Supermen? Including Gladiator? Do you even know what Vulcan can and does do? Fine you think he wins, but ignore everything he done before that.

LOL killing him? He also said it was a game and was bored of it. You want to listen to one thing be prepared to have the rest thrown back in your face.

Galan007
Omega Level Mutants are explained as beings with unlimited potential, thing is they still have to reach that potential. That sounds like a great big oxymoron to me.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Galan007
That sounds like a great big oxymoron to me.

It is in a way though. Iceman is the prime example of an Omega Mutant who's miles away from getting anyway near that potential due to his personality. Genetically speaking he has "Unlimited Potential" but he's immature and lacks both focus and drive.

Avlon
Supermen? Including Gladiator? Do you even know what Vulcan can and does do? Fine you think he wins, but ignore everything he done before that.

Yup. All of them.

LOL killing him? He also said it was a game and was bored of it. You want to listen to one thing be prepared to have the rest thrown back in your face.

Really? Must be why the next time they met Maj admitted that he wasTRYING to stop Erads from KILLING him. Yep. Sounds like a game. no

Meanwhile...Vulcan just simply got stomped. The proof is completely on panel for both things. I'm not denying anything, but you are.

smile

Troop
So every fight counts while every feat doesn't.

Nice work genius. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Avlon
Blame Marvel. Not the rest of us with common sense. smile

Troop
I'm npot blaming anyone, just laughing at you ignoring every feat before that he done with his own power. laughing out loud

Darth Creasy
It is in a way though. Iceman is the prime example of an Omega Mutant who's miles away from getting anyway near that potential due to his personality. Genetically speaking he has "Unlimited Potential" but he's immature and lacks both focus and drive.

If only he had Obi-Wan to guide him...

Avlon
I'm npot blaming anyone, just laughing at you ignoring every feat before that he done with his own power. laughing out loud

We're all laughing at you..and not with you.

smile

Troop
Whatever.

SMFB always a laugh. laughing out loud

Avlon
Whatever.

SMFB always a laugh. laughing out loud

Really. Keep insisting on Vulcan. smile

Troop
I'm not insisting anything, just laughing at you.

Avlon
I'm not insisting anything, just laughing at you.

thumb down

We're all laughing at you..and not with you.

smile

thumb up

I don't know,

smart

llagrok
Mr.M why do you thin it's funny that Gladiator is above Omega Class mutants?

They're not exactly abstracts :/

Mr Master
Originally posted by llagrok

Mr.M why do you thin it's funny that Gladiator is above Omega Class mutants?

They're not exactly abstracts
Because of the hype that surrounds this "omega" classification,
which I don't really buy into if you ask me.

Although Exoduscloak explained,
that this classification is based on "potential" further down the road (in the future sorta speak)

As far as their comparison to abstracts,
we would have to see which mutant that's been inducted into this "omega" classification,
has reached the highest potential thus far, then we can gauge by seeing what they've done.

Badabing
Troop, you seem to cause a lot of trouble for such a "new" person.

Creshosk
Wouldn't it depend on the Omega level mutant?

Being greater than one doesn't mean you're greater than all of them. Like Phoenix or MJJ might be more of a problem for Gladiator than Darwin, for example...

llagrok
Because of the hype that surrounds this "omega" classification,
which I don't really buy into if you ask me.

Although Exoduscloak explained,
that this classification is based on "potential" further down the road (in the future sorta speak)

As far as their comparison to abstracts,
we would have to see which mutant that's been inducted into this "omega" classification,
has reached the highest potential thus far, then we can gauge by seeing what they've done.

I don't really think there's even a hype around it. We're all pretty aware of how the power level differs from each omega to the other.

At least that's the impression I've gotten, could be wrong.

leonidas
I don't really think there's even a hype around it. We're all pretty aware of how the power level differs from each omega to the other.

At least that's the impression I've gotten, could be wrong.

nah, you're right on. vulcan WAS a bit hyped though in that in his first appearances he was described as being crazy-powerful and he did beat down the xmen without effort.

ec was right though -- omega=potential. nothing more nothing less. if they learn to use their powers effectively, they can become FAR greater in power than non-omegas. how much greater? kinda hard to tell, but perhaps vulcan or darwin will show everyone?

back to topic -- right now, terrax would win the fight. in time, when vulcan masters his powers, he could potentially wreck terrax. and glads as well. WILL he do that someday? who knows . . . be cool if he did though. smile

llagrok
Could Terrax become almost equally powerful?

The Power cosmic pretty much gives him unlimited energy manipulation, theoretically.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Creshosk

Wouldn't it depend on the Omega level mutant?
Absolutely,
which is why said take the "omega mutant" that has reached their highest potential,
and see what they're capable of on panel,
then we can compare.

Being greater than one doesn't mean you're greater than all of them.
I'll agree.

Like Phoenix or MJJ might be more of a problem for Gladiator than Darwin, for example...
MJJ isn't an "omega mutant" or hasn't been classified one that I know of.

I don't consider anything that Phoenix has added to Jean or any other host,
as a constitution to classify one as "omega" ...
remember, the PF is a separate source of power.

Although Jean and Rachel and whoever might be "omegas" anyway without the PF.

Mr Master

I don't really think there's even a hype around it.
We're all pretty aware of how the power level differs from each omega to the other.
True, but they all have the same tag on them, "unlimited potential"
cool, but "unlimited potential" to do what?

Which Omega has reached this stage?
Or which Omega ha neared this stage?

llagrok
I agree, I'm not sure where they get the "unlimited potential" from.

I suppose Hyperstorm or Franklin Richards would be two examples?

leonidas
actually there are only 7 'confirmed' on-panel omegas and franklin IS one. the others are:

mr m
quentin quire
vulcan
jean
iceman
elixir

apparently omega is meant to mean that these entities are close to/have the potential to achieve a 'final stage of evolution'. what that means is still kinda vague. there is some evidence that seems to suggest that omegas could in time become 'cosmic' beings -- ie -- abstract beings. obviously all the omegas we have seen are a little ways away from achieving that end . . .

still makes for interesting discussion.

Mr Master

I agree, I'm not sure where they get the "unlimited potential" from.
I'm with ya.

I suppose Hyperstorm or Franklin Richards would be two examples?
Ok, I can live with that.

Franklin does have what one would consider the power to do anything,
on a specific scale, but still, within that scale, literally anything.

Hyperstorm could've been so much more, at-least on paper he was,
but on panel he was owned fairly easily by Galactus,
not that getting owned by Galactus is a low showing necessarily, but, I'm just sayin.

leonidas
mr m had real potential as well. if marvel wants people to start taking the whole omega thing seriously, they really need to start making these guys out to be more than they have been. aside from franklin (and to some extent jean, but her omega staus is clouded by the whole phoenix issue) we really haven't seen, well . . . much at all. erm

Mr Master

actually there are only 7 'confirmed' on-panel omegas and franklin IS one. the others are:

mr m
quentin quire
vulcan
jean
iceman
elixir
Thanx.

apparently omega is meant to mean that these entities are close to/have the potential to achieve a 'final stage of evolution'. what that means is still kinda vague. there is some evidence that seems to suggest that omegas could in time become 'cosmic' beings -- ie -- abstract beings. obviously all the omegas we have seen are a little ways away from achieving that end . . .
But that's the destiny of all Mankind, to become Eternitys of their own. (on panel)

Unless, that IS the final stage of being Omega ... becoming Eternity,
but then that would mean, that every Human being will become a mutant,
then evolve,
until finally they become Eternity themselves.

still makes for interesting discussion.
thumb up

Mr Master

mr m had real potential as well.
if marvel wants people to start taking the whole omega thing seriously,
they really need to start making these guys out to be more than they have been.

aside from franklin (and to some extent jean,
but her omega staus is clouded by the whole phoenix issue)
we really haven't seen, well . . . much at all.
thumb up All true.

llagrok
Mr.Master is already an abstract stick out tongue

Creshosk
Thanx.

But that's the destiny of all Mankind, to become Eternitys of their own. (on panel)

then evolve,

thumb up Sorry got the name wrong with MJJ was thinking of Mr. M.

But that'd make sense right as far as evolutionary growth goes...

Humans (Homo Sapien) -> Mutant (Homo Superior) -> Omega level mutant (Homo supreme(I think thats what it was)) and so on up to the more powerful beings...

Jean might technically be the closest of the confirmed as she became a part of the system as it were.

Creshosk
mr m had real potential as well. Had? He wasn't really killed with that whole thing with the mind contorolled Leech... At lweast thats what I gathered from the turn of events.

leonidas
Thanx.

then evolve,

thumb up

i think you hit it right on from what i understand. eventually homo superior will replace homo sapiens and all homo superior will in time evolve into omegas or there will be ONLY omegas in mankind's 'final stage'. i guess that final stage could be that we all become abstracts, though i've never much cared for how that was depicted in that oft-discussed series . . .

llagrok
Then what's Vargas?

leonidas
Had? He wasn't really killed with that whole thing with the mind contorolled Leech... At lweast thats what I gathered from the turn of events.

i hope you're right. that dude could be one seriously bad mofo . . .

Mr Master

Mr.Master is already an abstract stick out tongue
smile laughing out loud

But that'd make sense right as far as evolutionary growth goes...

Humans (Homo Sapien) -> Mutant (Homo Superior) -> Omega level mutant (Homo supreme(I think thats what it was)) and so on up to the more powerful beings...
Sounds about right.

Jean might technically be the closest of the confirmed
as she became a part of the system as it were.
I wouldn't consider Jean's attachment to the Force as what stamps her as an "omega"
as I understand it, these "omegas" reach their potential on their own,
without outside interference.

Creshosk
i hope you're right. that dude could be one seriously bad mofo . . . If Deadgirl's mutant power didn't activate until her death, then death doesn't necciserily impact a mutant's power. Hell Jean fits in with this with the "Jean Grey syndrome."

Mr Master

i think you hit it right on from what i understand. eventually homo superior will replace homo sapiens and all homo superior will in time evolve into omegas or there will be ONLY omegas in mankind's 'final stage'. i guess that final stage could be that we all become abstracts
Cool, makes sense.

though i've never much cared for how that was depicted in that oft-discussed series . . .
Meh, I hear you, the series was type lame,
I only left with the interesting cosmic point of view they had.

leonidas
Then what's Vargas?

good question. could be a seperate branch of the homo sapiens evolutionary tree? not mutant, but more than human. there is no guarantee evolutionarily speaking that we MUST become homo superior. not if evolution can find something better.

shrug

Creshosk
smile laughing out loud

Sounds about right.

I wouldn't consider Jean's attachment to the Force as what stamps her as an "omega"
without outside interference. No its not what stamps her as an omega but it might simply be a manifestation of her power. Like Iceman having a connection to ice isn't what makes him an omega its just the manifestation of his power.

See what I'm getting at?

Iceman can do more than just cover himself in snow, he can do more than just cover himself in ice, heck, if our speculations are right then he can do more than become ice, but as was stated before he's never really pushed to tap into the power on his own. But just because they haven't doesn't mean they can't. Like when he first debuted, he never turned himself into ice. But that didn't mean he couldn't. It wasn't until Emma frost was in his body, and she pushed to tap into powers he was unaware of, that he became aware that he could.

So its sort of a "ad ignorantiam" thing. Just because they don't know they can, doesn't mean they can't.

leonidas

without outside interference.

i agree. rachel isn't omega but wielded the force as well. her omega status should be viewed seperately from her having been chosen by the force. unless there is some evidence she was chosen BECAUSE she was omega . . .

Creshosk
good question. could be a seperate branch of the homo sapiens evolutionary tree? not mutant, but more than human. there is no guarantee evolutionarily speaking that we MUST become homo superior. not if evolution can find something better.

shrug Its why there are so many different variations of animal and plant life anyway. There isn't just one kind of primate for example. And the existence of the better path doesn't mean that the worse ones don't still perpetuate and branch off again later.

So what you say certainly makes sense.

leonidas
No its not what stamps her as an omega but it might simply be a manifestation of her power. Like Iceman having a connection to ice isn't what makes him an omega its just the manifestation of his power.

See what I'm getting at?

Iceman can do more than just cover himself in snow, he can do more than just cover himself in ice, heck, if our speculations are right then he can do more than become ice, but as was stated before he's never really pushed to tap into the power on his own. But just because they haven't doesn't mean they can't. Like when he first debuted, he never turned himself into ice. But that didn't mean he couldn't. It wasn't until Emma frost was in his body, and she pushed to tap into powers he was unaware of, that he became aware that he could.

So its sort of a "ad ignorantiam" thing. Just because they don't know they can, doesn't mean they can't.

hrm. sounds like you're suggesting manifesting the force was a result of jean's power as opposed to the force (which existed long before and independent of jean) choosing jean as an avatar.

i can agree entirely with the rest of your post, but that first part puzzles me . . . mhmm

Creshosk
hrm. sounds like you're suggesting manifesting the force was a result of jean's power as opposed to the force (which existed long before and independent of jean) choosing jean as an avatar.

i can agree entirely with the rest of your post, but that first part puzzles me . . . mhmm Well what we're suggesting now is that through being an omega that will allow them to become an eternity themselves right?

Does Eternity existing before this happens negate the fact that that's whats speculated to happen?

I mean the force existing before Jean was around, it might have noticed her through some manifestation of her power, otherwise seriously, why would it have ever noticed her? One mutant before hand who really hadn't shown anything that impressive is chosen out of the entire universe?

Sure NOW we have two. And there's another question of relevance of being called an omega on panel is again "ad ignorantiam". as the only evidence we have NOW is that people have stated that they are. But before a given mutant was identified as being an omega, does that mean that they themselves are NOT an omega? Was Jean and Iceman, whom are omega's now, not omegas when they first appeared?

Its like the question I pose people of the existence of things before we discover them. They existed before we discovered them right? Before we had evidence of the existence of viruses and atoms they still existed.

Likewise back when Jean and Bobby first appeared they were still omegas without it having been stated at that point in time. So then do they suddenly become omegas when they're stated on panel to be? Or is it possible that there are more than the confirmed 7 but we don't know it yet?

leonidas
Well what we're suggesting now is that through being an omega that will allow them to become an eternity themselves right?

Does Eternity existing before this happens negate the fact that that's whats speculated to happen?

I mean the force existing before Jean was around, it might have noticed her through some manifestation of her power, otherwise seriously, why would it have ever noticed her? One mutant before hand who really hadn't shown anything that impressive is chosen out of the entire universe?

Sure NOW we have two. And there's another question of relevance of being called an omega on panel is again "ad ignorantiam". as the only evidence we have NOW is that people have stated that they are. But before a given mutant was identified as being an omega, does that mean that they themselves are NOT an omega? Was Jean and Iceman, whom are omega's now, not omegas when they first appeared?

Its like the question I pose people of the existence of things before we discover them. They existed before we discovered them right? Before we had evidence of the existence of viruses and atoms they still existed.

Likewise back when Jean and Bobby first appeared they were still omegas without it having been stated at that point in time. So then do they suddenly become omegas when they're stated on panel to be? Or is it possible that there are more than the confirmed 7 but we don't know it yet?

laughing out loud

and THAT is why you've always been one of my faves around here, cresh. wink

i agree that there ARE likely other omegas out there that are unconfirmed. beyond that, we will likely be made aware of omegas who lived in the past and didn't reach their potential so were never acknowledged as omegas. (though it's equally possible omegas are only a recent evolution . . .)

and i'll concede you the chance that the force chose jean BECAUSE of her potential. in fact, it makes perfect sense to me. that would clear a lot of things up i think. but there have been other wielders before jean and since then many have been shown to have accessed it. not in the way jean has though, so your point stands up to that fact.

i still don't like the idea that they evolve to become 'eternities'. did OUR eternity evolve from an omega in a previous universe? do 'eternities' and other abstracts arise in different ways? shrug

llagrok
i still don't like the idea that they evolve to become 'eternities'. did OUR eternity evolve from an omega in a previous universe? do 'eternities' and other abstracts arise in different ways? shrug

The LT is a big fan of natural selection.

naruto2424
I think Vulcan will pull out the win in this one

id369

Mr Master

i agree.

rachel isn't omega but wielded the force as well.

her omega status should be viewed seperately from her having been chosen by the force.

unless there is some evidence she was chosen BECAUSE she was omega . . .
Rachel, specifically, was only chosen/capable because she was Jean's daughter,
Only 5 beings have manifested the "full" embodiment of the Phoenix Force,
Jean Grey, Rachel Summers, Rook'Shir, Giraud (momentarily) and Amber Hunt.

And I agree with you Leo, the Force did choose Jean,
and initially it had nothing to do with her future classification of being "omega."

Well what we're suggesting now is that through being an omega that will allow them to become an eternity themselves right?

I see what you're saying and it makes sense,
but I actually should re-phrase what I said,

Mankind will not evolve into Eternity literally,
because Eternity and even the LT will be inconsequential and insignificant to Mankind,
every person will be a "God" ruling over their own infinite creation,
that's supposed to be the finality of it all,
this is why the LT,
Eternity and the rest,
were bowing to the Stranger in this futuristic vision where the Stranger stole Mankind's destiny.

So imo, Eternity's is irrelevant in the plans of Humanity.

I mean the force existing before Jean was around,
it might have noticed her through some manifestation of her power,
otherwise seriously, why would it have ever noticed her?
One mutant before hand who really hadn't shown anything that impressive
is chosen out of the entire universe?
The Force was first summoned into a host by Feron,
ages before Jean was even born,
the Force wandered for said ages before settling into Jean life.

The reason the Force chose Jean was because of the stipulation,
That is, Jean being in the right place at the right time.
The Force had a taste of what it was to be "Human" through Feron,
it was separated in a harsh manner from Feron while Necron struggled to take over the PF.

Anyway, it (PF) was basically in the Universe, host-less,
yearning to feel what it did again (being Human)
so while Jean was in a ship in space about to die, the Force nearby sensed her,
and looked into her heart/mind, saw her relationship with Scott, her friends,
and life,
and decided this was the perfect candidate because of these reasons.
The Force kept the real Jean hidden,
while it created an exact copy of Jean down to her emotions.

So in truth,
the first representation of Jean/Phoenix wasn't even Jean,
it was a clone.

Again, the Force could've easily found that story anywhere else,
but it just so happens that Jean was in this ship, in space and the rest is an X-Men story.

I'm paraphrasing btw, so don't quote me good friend, but I know I'm on point.

Now, that's the original historical tale,
this apparently has been altered somewhat.

Cause now we understand that the Force chose Jean in order to sort of cheat it's own demise,
because it's not just Eternity and the LT that will become insignificant,
the Phoenix Force as well
will have no purpose in this new "heaven" filled with "Gods" made of Mankind.

So the Force, in order to escape this ultimate end,
bonded with Jean, an Omega Mutant,
to continue existing into the next evolution where abstracts will be irrelevant.

So I agree with you Cresh,
because it coincides with this new revelation. thumb up

but originally, that was not the case up until 2001 in X-Men Forever.

Mr Master

i still don't like the idea that they evolve to become 'eternities'.

did OUR eternity evolve from an omega in a previous universe?
do 'eternities' and other abstracts arise in different ways?
My bad, I told Cresh I didn't mean Eternities exactly,
but actually greater than Eternity,
even greater than the LT.

Mankind will be Gods, and an infinity will be at their command,
the concepts of reality will exist according to Mankind.

(I'm paraphrasing, but that's basically the tale according to X-Men Forever)

Creshosk

(I'm paraphrasing, but that's basically the tale according to X-Men Forever) Well Eternities was just an example. Kinda akward to just say they'd evolve into gods, because in the MU there's beings greater than gods. but the sentiment is basically the same right?

In other words, I wouldn't worry too much about not being more specific.

Lord Feron
someone say feron?

Creshosk
Originally posted by Lord Feron
someone say feron? No, we said "Forever" not "Feron".

Mr Master

Well Eternities was just an example.
Kinda akward to just say they'd evolve into gods,
because in the MU there's beings greater than gods.

Only Toaa/god and the LT are above "Gods" now.

"Gods" in the sense that they have or could have control over all creation,
like the Alien Entity, hom/Wanda, Eternity/Infinity (in some respects) and others of the like,
or sources of power that grant this type of Godhood like, the IG, CCU and the like.

THOTI was the ultimate representation of Godhood.

If I had to use a reference as to what Mankind's destiny will be like,
I'd say they each end up with a HOTI-type status,
withIN their own private infinite amount of space to do with as they wish.

but the sentiment is basically the same right?
Basically. thumb up

Creshosk
Only Toaa/god and the LT are above "Gods" now.

"Gods" in the sense that they have or could have control over all creation,
like the Alien Entity, hom/Wanda, Eternity/Infinity (in some respects) and others of the like,
or sources of power that grant this type of Godhood like, the IG, CCU and the like.

THOTI was the ultimate representation of Godhood.

If I had to use a reference as to what Mankind's destiny will be like,
I'd say they each end up with a HOTI-type status,
withIN their own private infinite amount of space to do with as they wish.

Basically. thumb up Well I was refering to Thor and Aries and the like when I was refering to people being over the gods.

leonidas

(I'm paraphrasing, but that's basically the tale according to X-Men Forever)

no worries. i'd been using abstract interchangeably and eternity as example. i couldn't remember the exact . . . 'thing' we were supposed to become, but it appears you've cleared it up anyway. wink

guy222
http://f.imagehost.org/t/0782/p02.jpg http://f.imagehost.org/t/0839/p03.jpg http://f.imagehost.org/t/0151/p04.jpg http://f.imagehost.org/t/0049/p05.jpg http://f.imagehost.org/t/0951/p11.jpg http://f.imagehost.org/t/0757/p12.jpg

AlmightyKfish
Terrax ftw...

Sin I AM
i really dont like the whole "magic is just another form of energy i can manipulate" thing.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by Sin I AM
i really dont like the whole "magic is just another form of energy i can manipulate" thing.

Seconded =/

Kris Blaze

Thirded :/

Bentley

Vulcan hater!

ExodusCloak
Didn't Wanda and Cython call it "Chaos Energy"? Dark Beast has also described magic as manipulation on a quantum scale (Scan is somewhere in the Magneto Respect Thread).

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Bentley
Vulcan hater!

No i just hate it when they job established characters to give new characters uber feats to stimulate sales

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Bentley
Vulcan hater!

That's something to take pride in.

Bentley
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
That's something to take pride in.

You have a point there mmm

id369
Didn't Wanda and Cython call it "Chaos Energy"? Dark Beast has also described magic as manipulation on a quantum scale (Scan is somewhere in the Magneto Respect Thread). What was Thanos towards Odin in regards to magic and energy again?

Kris Blaze
What was Thanos towards Odin in regards to magic and energy again?

I think it was magical versus technological acquisition of magic.

Odin claimed that they were different, Thanos claimed that it did not matter.

Sin I AM
I claim it is bullshit, has any other high end energy manipulator affected magic? If that is the case cant Vulcan potentially drain Strange?

stormultt
I would lovvee to see terrax tear the flesh off of vulcans bones , he is such a....idk, lol but vulcan would DEF put up a fight no joke but im gonna go with terrax

Philosophía
Being able to manipulate magic doesn't put Vulcan on a higher scale than say .. Surfer. It just means that he has a wider range of energies he can manipulate.

Enyalus
Vulcan manipulates the Power Cosmic FTW.

...Not that he needs to do that against Terrax to beat him.

Sin I AM

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>