Newjak's Build-A-Hero Tourney (Interest Thread)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Newjak
I plan on holding a tournament after Red's and Evangel's both get done. This thread is simply to get general interest in the tourney whether it be you wanting to participate or be nothing more than a judge.

Another reason I wanted to make this thread is because it is isn't like any other tourney held so far, so I also wanted to give people plenty of time to ask questions and get the concept familiar to them.

Alright as the basic premise of this tourney, as stated in the title, is that unlike other tourney's where you drafted whole characters in this one you will build one character from the ground up using existing character attributes. The tourney level will be from street to Trans level and everything inbetween based on the KMC Comic Book Tiers thread located here:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t447826.html

So instead of drafting say Superman you will instead draft Superman's strength. Instead of drafting Juggernaut you will draft Juggernaut's durability or his speed if you wanted it.

To ensure that everyone follows the same rules there will be a set of guidelines that will be followed when taking character attributes.

The main way this will be done is by using a point based system. Everyone will be assigned a set number of points. Each tier like Transcendent or High Herald will each cost various amounts. You spend from total points until you don't have any left or you decide not to spend anymore.

This is the point system I have devised so far. This is not the final one, but I want you guys to get a general idea the format will follow:

TOTAL POINTS: 120

Street Level Cost: 2
Low to Mid Meta: 4
High Meta to Low Herald: 12
Mid-Herald: 24
High Herald: 26
Trans: 34

Now say you draft Superman's Strength it would cost you 24 points leaving you with 94 points left to spend.

Notice that I have clumped some tiers together. I've done this because I feel that in general those levels are close enough that they can be.

Now I've also devised a system for drafting which will involve categories that people must draft from. I've done this to ensure everyone follows the same set of rules which will help cut back on loopholes. The Categories will consist of 3 main ones and three auxiliary ones.

The three Main Categories will be Physical, Mental, and Energy. Those three will each be broken down into three subcategories as well. So it looks like this:

Physical:
Strength
Durability(Endurance)
Speed(Reaction Time)

Mental:
Telepathy
Intelligence
Fighting Ability

Energy:
Force Fields
Energy Absorption
Energy Blasts

You must draft one subcategory from each of the three main ones. So you must draft one physical ability, one mental ability, and one energy ability If you do not draft any particular subcategory, ie you do not draft an attribute for strength, then it will be assumed to have roughly human ability in that category.

Also please note the Endurance and Reaction Times abilities next to Durability and Speed. These are special things that if you draft from then you will also gain those respectively. So if you drafted the Flash for speed then you would also get his reaction time. Now as long as you have already drafted someone for Durability or Speed then you can draft someone different for those extras at half off. For example if you drafted Speedfreak for speed but didn't like his reaction time then you could draft someone else at half off, but only if you drafted someone for speed to begin with.

Now the three Auxiliary Categories will be weapons/Items, Prep Locations/Resources, and Special Powers. You do not have to draft from these.

Weapons/Items: This category allows you to draft standard gear from someone. Ie drafting Wolverine's claws, Batman's utility belt, Thor's hammer.

Prep Locations/Resources: This one allows you to draft prep locations such as the Batcave. These are one time use buys. So once you use Batman's home base then you can not use it again. Please note that if you do not draft from this then your prep location will be a generic location with no resources on hand except the ones you bring.

Special Powers: This one allows you to draft everything not covered by the main categories, ie the power of flight, Matter Manipulation, Duplication, Teleporation, ect, ect.

A couple of notes on Auxiliary drafting. You can draft as much as you want from each category. So you can take Nth amount of Special abilities or weapons/items, or Prep Locations as you want. Just as long as you have drafted one of each main category before taking an extra one from these categories.

Also note that pre-made items used must be Trans Level or lower. So you could not for example draft Thanos and buy is prep location and have him pull out the IG.

Also in the special case of weapons that grant people entire character power sets like a GL Ring, Thor's Hammer, and Iron Man's armor. If you draft such an Item you will only be allowed to have two abilities of the item. So for instance if you took a GL Ring you could take it's Flight, and Energy Blasts but nothing in addition to those. And if it would take the place of a Main Category Item as noted above with the GL Ring and energy blasts then you must already have drafted something for that category. Please note this only applies to things that grant entire character power sets and would be like drafting the entire character themselves. One other thing on this topic is you will still gain the non-power type attributes of the item you drafted. So if you got Iron Man's armor then you would still gain the protection from his his armor and the on board computer he has. I know that indirectly this is the same as gaining his durability and Reaction times but as long as it doesn't directly give it to them then it is ok. So you would get the GL Ring's databases but not it's ability to create Shields unless of course that is your declared power for it.

Now I wish to give you a list of powers that will be banned no matter what:
1) Time Manipulation
2) luck Powers
3) Power Absorption and Negation
4) OHK Powers such as Soul Absorbtion

Restricted Powers: These are powers that will be restricted.
1) Matter Manipulation: Can not be used directly on opponent
2) Duplication/Independent Constructs: Only allowed one Dupe or construct
3) Teleportation: Not allowed to teleport opponent away from battlefield.

Now I know there will be some questions regrading character weaknesses and strengths. In essence there will be none in this tourney except those granted from having or not having powers. So for instance if You draft Superman your guy will not have Superman's weakness to K-Nite. However if you do not draft any telepathy power then you will be subject to it's effect even if you drafted Martian Manhunter for his flight powers.

This also leads into what are the power meshing and cap rules. In terms of the limit of how powerful your guy can become there is none. If you can create the Living tribunal in power go for it. Now on that note, with the exception of a later rule to be revealed, your drafted abilities are the only ones you get from your characters. You can not unlock other abilities cause for all intents and purposes they are not there. So you could draft Superman's speed but as far as you know there is no way for you to unlock his other abilities. You only get his strength This also goes for weapons/items as well. So you can not unlock the full abilities of GL Ring no matter how smart or how good of a technopath you have because once again for intents those other abilities simply are not there to be unlocked.

Now for some final notes.

There will be no PIS/CIS in this tourney. You are in complete control of your character's therefore anything you can think to do with those abilities you can do.

There will be a no loopholes rule.

All Character's powers can not harm themselves because it lacks another. For instance if you Draft Flash's Speed but only have human durability then your guy will not break down from the friction at such high speeds. On the other hand though if someone was to say redirect your energy blast back at you that would still hurt you.

All characters can function in any environment. Such that they do get cold, overheat, breath, or any other such inflictions that humans would face. Now that doesn't mean your guy can exist at the bottom of the ocean with human durability it just means your guy can stay under water without worry of it killing you.

All character's abilities must be on the KMC Comic Book Tier in order to be considered for drafting. In short if they are not on the list then you can not have them. So if I were you guys I would try and get as many people on there as I could.

This will be a singles, double elimination tourney. So everyone will at least get two matches.

I think that about covers it all for now. If you have any more questions please feel free to PM me.

Troop
thumb up

psycho gundam
thumb up thumb up double for me

one thing though, i notice that the speed force causes a lot of problems as it breaks too many rules. IMO ditch it.

King Kandy
Now THIS is top notch. Actually it was the same idea I had. Curse you. Count me in.

Newjak
Originally posted by King Kandy
Now THIS is top notch. Actually it was the same idea I had. Curse you. Count me in. Sorry then stick out tongue

Master-Borg
I like the idea...I would certainly be interested in participating.

I just wonder if including if there would be balance issues with the class range being so wide.

cyberborg84
Been around long enough to read and watch a lot of the tournaments. I'd definitely like to join, unless you're gonna use Evangel's 1000-posts at least rule. Get my feet wet, if you know what I mean.

Unnatural-POWER
Great idea pal yes

Blair Wind
So...many.....damn....tournies...right....after...another no expression

Newjak
Originally posted by Master-Borg
I like the idea...I would certainly be interested in participating.

I just wonder if including if there would be balance issues with the class range being so wide. I'm hoping the varying costs will help subset that.

Originally posted by cyberborg84
Been around long enough to read and watch a lot of the tournaments. I'd definitely like to join, unless you're gonna use Evangel's 1000-posts at least rule. Get my feet wet, if you know what I mean. There will be a minimum 500 posts to enter.

Now this tournament won't start for a couple of more months and at least until the current tournies get done so there is a chance that you can reach that mark before then.

Newjak
Originally posted by Blair Wind
So...many.....damn....tournies...right....after...another no expression

Don't worry I don't plan on starting mine right up after this. I would like for about around a month lay off before mine would officially start. stick out tongue

Troop
I would certainly be interested in participating.

smile

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Newjak
I'm hoping the varying costs will help subset that.

yeah that should work...but I think you would need to do almost a trial run or some kinda experimental test just to see what the optimal values are.

Unnatural-POWER
I would perhaps be interested in becoming a judge if that were ever possible smile

Battlehammer
I might be down for this.

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Battlehammer
I might be down for this. sweet...I get my chance to humiliate you publicly hahaha

Troop
sweet...I get my chance to humiliate you publicly hahaha no thumb down

Newjak
yeah that should work...but I think you would need to do almost a trial run or some kinda experimental test just to see what the optimal values are. I've been running various scenarios using the various stats. So far I have yet to find a particular strategy that makes it over powered.

Although like I said further testing will be done. This is just the guideline format for you guys to get a feel for what the tourney will be like.

Originally posted by Unnatural-POWER
I would perhaps be interested in becoming a judge if that were ever possible smile That's cool in fact I would like to get a list of people who would like to judge cause I need them before the tourney ever gets underway. I have specific things I need a group of helpers to do.

cyberborg84
I'm hoping the varying costs will help subset that.

There will be a minimum 500 posts to enter.

Now this tournament won't start for a couple of more months and at least until the current tournies get done so there is a chance that you can reach that mark before then. Hmmm, shame. I honestly doubt I'll be anywhere close to 500 posts a few months from now due to my posting habits. I just like to be reserved like that, y'know?

But who knows, maybe I might make it if things take longer. Oh well.

One question on something regarding attributes that wasn't that clear to me. If I draft an individual for, say, their strength, I can then draft another character for their speed if I want to? Like, to use an example, I draft Superman for his strength, I can then draft a Flash for his speed and Juggernaut for his durability. I'm sorry if the answer to what I'm asking is a no-brainer or I overlooked something reading your post, but I never saw anything clarifying this.

Thanks for being patient.

Unnatural-POWER
That's cool in fact I would like to get a list of people who would like to judge cause I need them before the tourney ever gets underway. I have specific things I need a group of helpers to do.

Then count me in for judging if you'd like yes

Newjak
Originally posted by cyberborg84
Hmmm, shame. I honestly doubt I'll be anywhere close to 500 posts a few months from now due to my posting habits. I just like to be reserved like that, y'know?

But who knows, maybe I might make it if things take longer. Oh well.

One question on something regarding attributes that wasn't that clear to me. If I draft an individual for, say, their strength, I can then draft another character for their speed if I want to? Like, to use an example, I draft Superman for his strength, I can then draft a Flash for his speed and Juggernaut for his durability. I'm sorry if the answer to what I'm asking is a no-brainer or I overlooked something reading your post, but I never saw anything clarifying this.

Thanks for being patient. That understandable with the posting.

As to your question yes you can do that. The only real requirement in drafting thigns is that.

You must draft one ability from each of the main categories. After that, besides the rules on power restrictions and such, the sky is the limit as long as you don't try and spend more points then you have. stick out tongue

Originally posted by Unnatural-POWER
Then count me in for judging if you'd like yes Then Welcome aboard.

King Kandy
Actually I would prefer to try my hands at judging this time. Sign me out as a competitor and on as a judge.

Badabing
I plan on holding a tournament after Red's and Evangel's both get done. This thread is simply to get general interest in the tourney whether it be you wanting to participate or be nothing more than a judge.

Another reason I wanted to make this thread is because it is isn't like any other tourney held so far, so I also wanted to give people plenty of time to ask questions and get the concept familiar to them.

Alright as the basic premise of this tourney, as stated in the title, is that unlike other tourney's where you drafted whole characters in this one you will build one character from the ground up using existing character attributes. The tourney level will be from street to Trans level and everything inbetween based on the KMC Comic Book Tiers thread located here:

So instead of drafting say Superman you will instead draft Superman's strength. Instead of drafting Juggernaut you will draft Juggernaut's durability or his speed if you wanted it.

To ensure that everyone follows the same rules there will be a set of guidelines that will be followed when taking character attributes.

The main way this will be done is by using a point based system. Everyone will be assigned a set number of points. Each tier like Transcendent or High Herald will each cost various amounts. You spend from total points until you don't have any left or you decide not to spend anymore.

This is the point system I have devised so far. This is not the final one, but I want you guys to get a general idea the format will follow:

Now say you draft Superman's Strength it would cost you 24 points leaving you with 94 points left to spend.

Notice that I have clumped some tiers together. I've done this because I feel that in general those levels are close enough that they can be.

Now I've also devised a system for drafting which will involve categories that people must draft from. I've done this to ensure everyone follows the same set of rules which will help cut back on loopholes. The Categories will consist of 3 main ones and three auxiliary ones.

The three Main Categories will be Physical, Mental, and Energy. Those three will each be broken down into three subcategories as well. So it looks like this:

Physical:
Strength
Durability(Endurance)
Speed(Reaction Time)

Mental:
Telepathy
Intelligence
Fighting Ability

Energy:
Force Fields
Energy Absorption
Energy Blasts

You must draft one subcategory from each of the three main ones. So you must draft one physical ability, one mental ability, and one energy ability If you do not draft any particular subcategory, ie you do not draft an attribute for strength, then it will be assumed to have roughly human ability in that category.

Also please note the Endurance and Reaction Times abilities next to Durability and Speed. These are special things that if you draft from then you will also gain those respectively. So if you drafted the Flash for speed then you would also get his reaction time. Now as long as you have already drafted someone for Durability or Speed then you can draft someone different for those extras at half off. For example if you drafted Speedfreak for speed but didn't like his reaction time then you could draft someone else at half off, but only if you drafted someone for speed to begin with.

Now the three Auxiliary Categories will be weapons/Items, Prep Locations/Resources, and Special Powers. You do not have to draft from these.

Weapons/Items: This category allows you to draft standard gear from someone. Ie drafting Wolverine's claws, Batman's utility belt, Thor's hammer.

Prep Locations/Resources: This one allows you to draft prep locations such as the Batcave. These are one time use buys. So once you use Batman's home base then you can not use it again. Please note that if you do not draft from this then your prep location will be a generic location with no resources on hand except the ones you bring.

Special Powers: This one allows you to draft everything not covered by the main categories, ie the power of flight, Matter Manipulation, Duplication, Teleporation, ect, ect.

A couple of notes on Auxiliary drafting. You can draft as much as you want from each category. So you can take Nth amount of Special abilities or weapons/items, or Prep Locations as you want. Just as long as you have drafted one of each main category before taking an extra one from these categories.

Also note that pre-made items used must be Trans Level or lower. So you could not for example draft Thanos and buy is prep location and have him pull out the IG.

Also in the special case of weapons that grant people entire character power sets like a GL Ring, Thor's Hammer, and Iron Man's armor. If you draft such an Item you will only be allowed to have two abilities of the item. So for instance if you took a GL Ring you could take it's Flight, and Energy Blasts but nothing in addition to those. And if it would take the place of a Main Category Item as noted above with the GL Ring and energy blasts then you must already have drafted something for that category. Please note this only applies to things that grant entire character power sets and would be like drafting the entire character themselves. One other thing on this topic is you will still gain the non-power type attributes of the item you drafted. So if you got Iron Man's armor then you would still gain the protection from his his armor and the on board computer he has. I know that indirectly this is the same as gaining his durability and Reaction times but as long as it doesn't directly give it to them then it is ok. So you would get the GL Ring's databases but not it's ability to create Shields unless of course that is your declared power for it.

1) Time Manipulation
2) luck Powers

Now I know there will be some questions regrading character weaknesses and strengths. In essence there will be none in this tourney except those granted from having or not having powers. So for instance if You draft Superman your guy will not have Superman's weakness to K-Nite. However if you do not draft any telepathy power then you will be subject to it's effect even if you drafted Martian Manhunter for his flight powers.

This also leads into what are the power meshing and cap rules. In terms of the limit of how powerful your guy can become there is none. If you can create the Living tribunal in power go for it. Now on that note, with the exception of a later rule to be revealed, your drafted abilities are the only ones you get from your characters. You can not unlock other abilities cause for all intents and purposes they are not there. So you could draft Superman's speed but as far as you know there is no way for you to unlock his other abilities. You only get his strength This also goes for weapons/items as well. So you can not unlock the full abilities of GL Ring no matter how smart or how good of a technopath you have because once again for intents those other abilities simply are not there to be unlocked.

There will be no PIS/CIS in this tourney. You are in complete control of your character's therefore anything you can think to do with those abilities you can do.

All Character's powers can not harm themselves because it lacks another. For instance if you Draft Flash's Speed but only have human durability then your guy will not break down from the friction at such high speeds. On the other hand though if someone was to say redirect your energy blast back at you that would still hurt you.

All characters can function in any environment. Such that they do get cold, overheat, breath, or any other such inflictions that humans would face. Now that doesn't mean your guy can exist at the bottom of the ocean with human durability it just means your guy can stay under water without worry of it killing you.

All character's abilities must be on the KMC Comic Book Tier in order to be considered for drafting. In short if they are not on the list then you can not have them. So if I were you guys I would try and get as many people on there as I could.

This will be a singles, double elimination tourney. So everyone will at least get two matches.

I think that about covers it all for now. If you have any more questions please feel free to PM me. It looks like Newjak put together an interesting premise. uhuh

Pinned. cool

cyberborg84
That understandable with the posting.Thanks.

Alright, thanks for answering my question. Now even if I can't actually join I can still play Dr. Krigstein in my spare time using these rules. big grin

Newjak
Originally posted by King Kandy
Actually I would prefer to try my hands at judging this time. Sign me out as a competitor and on as a judge. That's cool with me.

Zeitgeist
If I join, will I be the biggest tourney name so far to do so?

If so, I'm in. haermm

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Zeitgeist

If so, I'm in. haermm I already stated that I'm in. Sorry to spoil your moment. wink

Badabing

If so, I'm in. haermm You're the second biggest name, Trick is entering. dur

Newjak

If so, I'm in. haermm Sure Smurph, we'll go ahead and say that if you join stick out tongue

Martian_mind
Interesting...

Ha-Son
Indeed...

Symmetric Chaos
I see the blood of innocent children pouring like syrup through the streets . . .

Good luck though!

Charlotte DeBel
Judging that thing would be interesting...

Newjak
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I see the blood of innocent children pouring like syrup through the streets . . .

Good luck though! Thanks I think confused

stick out tongue

So then are you not gonna join?

Symmetric Chaos
Nah, but I'll watch it go up in FLAMES!!!! AHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Just kidding but I am a bit tourneyed out at the moment.

Newjak
Nah, but I'll watch it go up in FLAMES!!!! AHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Just kidding but I am a bit tourneyed out at the moment. That's understandable these things can be very taxing.

Would possibly like to judge then?

It isn't nearly as time consuming and it will give you front row seats to the fire stick out tongue

Symmetric Chaos
That's understandable these things can be very taxing.

Would possibly like to judge then?

It isn't nearly as time consuming and it will give you front row seats to the fire stick out tongue

Sure judging would be fun.

Newjak
Sure judging would be fun. Sweetness.

Welcome aboard Judge SC. big grin

Master-Borg
Sweetness.

Welcome aboard Judge SC. big grin can I judge and compete at the same time?

Newjak
can I judge and compete at the same time? No you can not sorry.

Master-Borg
No you can not sorry. that stinks

Troop
How many posts to judge?

Newjak
that stinks Sorry that's just the way it is.

Yo ucan either judge matches or you can participate in them but not both.

Originally posted by Troop
How many posts to judge? Could you elaborate a little more on what you mean?

Troop
Well to be a judge how many posts do you need? 500?

Newjak
Well to be a judge how many posts do you need? 500? Ah ok.

Hmmm well I don't really have a set guideline for choosing judges.

I do have some criteria though I'm generally looking for.

You know like being on the board for awhile.

Being in previous tournies.

Are they reliable.

That kind of thing.

But if you show interest I generally look at you for a judging position.

And not to mean any offense with you though is that you are new and I haven't seen much of you and therefore don't know how reliable you can be.

This tourney is still a few months away though, so I'll probably see you around a lot before then. So if you are still interested by then ask me and I'll see then.

Troop
OK. I might not be around, depends how good the forum is lol.

Newjak
OK. I might not be around, depends how good the forum is lol. I hope you have a good time while you are here then. stick out tongue

King Kandy
can I judge and compete at the same time?
Boy, that's the most blatant conflict of interest i've ever heard.

Newjak
By the way guys something I forgot to mention in the OP about weapons and items.

If someone can convince the judges that they can destroy or take away someone else's items then that person will lose those items for the tourney.

Soljer
Originally posted by Badabing
You're the second biggest name, Trick is entering. dur

I'm up for judging, if you need, newjak.

Question, though.

A lantern ring (or similar item) is limited to only two powers at a time, correct? Could one 'draft' multiple rings and stack their powers?

Soljer
By the way guys something I forgot to mention in the OP about weapons and items.

If someone can convince the judges that they can destroy or take away someone else's items then that person will lose those items for the tourney.

Will the other character then possess that item for the rest of the tourney?

Newjak
Originally posted by Soljer

I'm up for judging, if you need, newjak.

Question, though.

A lantern ring (or similar item) is limited to only two powers at a time, correct? Could one 'draft' multiple rings and stack their powers? Yes they could say draft Kyle's Ring and Hal's Ring and Kilowog's ring, but that would get expensive and with the ruling I made in the post above they could all get taken away.

So I'm trying to make it balanced.

And glad to have yo aboard as a Judge Soljer.

Newjak
Will the other character then possess that item for the rest of the tourney? Yes

Soljer
Yes they could say draft Kyle's Ring and Hal's Ring and Kilowog's ring, but that would get expensive and with the ruling I made in the post above they could all get taken away.

So I'm trying to make it balanced.

And glad to have yo aboard as a Judge Soljer.

If one can draft multiple rings for multiple powers, the logical next question would be; what of other items, of which copies do not so easily get handed out?

Could you draft two or three Mjolnirs? (ignoring Stormbreaker, of course)

Newjak
If one can draft multiple rings for multiple powers, the logical next question would be; what of other items, of which copies do not so easily get handed out?

Could you draft two or three Mjolnirs? (ignoring Stormbreaker, of course) No once a particular ability gets drafted it is no longer on the board. So no two people can draft Superman's strength

No two people can draft Thor's Hammer.

No two people can draft Kyle's ring.

Newjak
Ok then I've been talking with various people and I just want to clear up any possible confusion about drafting powers.

The special powers in the auxiliary categories are singular powers.

IE you can not draft the Power Cosmic or take Animal Man's as they directly lead to you having powers that are for other categories.

Now an acceptable draft for this category would be drafting Silver Surfer's flight which may be granted by the Power Cosmic, but you only get the power to fly.

Also this a power I forgot that will be banned:
Power Adaption: Like Darwin's or Doomsdays ability to evlove o nthe fly. THis will not be allowed

On a similar note I decided elemental transformation like Metamorhp or Aborbing Man will be banned as well.

psycho gundam
this rule:

"All character's abilities must be on the KMC Comic Book Tier in order to be considered for drafting. In short if they are not on the list then you can not have them. So if I were you guys I would try and get as many people on there as I could."

IMO should be a little more flexible because of the sheer size of the main companies rosters, plus some strategies may get ruined from it.

i suggest we be able to send a SINGLE pm (or as few as one can) explaining your pick's tear and power, cause the way it is now it's going to be a race to whomever gets to draft the flash first.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by psycho gundam
this rule:

"All character's abilities must be on the KMC Comic Book Tier in order to be considered for drafting. In short if they are not on the list then you can not have them. So if I were you guys I would try and get as many people on there as I could."

IMO should be a little more flexible because of the sheer size of the main companies rosters, plus some strategies may get ruined from it.

i suggest we be able to send a SINGLE pm (or as few as one can) explaining your pick's tear and power, cause the way it is now it's going to be a race to whomever gets to draft the flash first.

It's a perfect loophole stopper.

psycho gundam
sure but it also stops some creativity.

there were some nasty loopholes in evengel's tournament but i think it is plausible to iron them out somehow.

Symmetric Chaos
sure but it also stops some creativity.

there were some nasty loopholes in evengel's tournament but i think it is plausible to iron them out somehow.

some creativity

vs

whole tournament goes up in flames because assholes try to sneak in characters and everyone bitches incessantly

I see no flaw in your logic.

psycho gundam
i know exactly what you are made at but there are ways to have your cake and eat it to.

Newjak

psycho gundam
i hear ya....i guess it will take more effort to be creative thats all.

Newjak
i hear ya....i guess it will take more effort to be creative thats all. I wish you the best of luck PG

Battlehammer
sweet...I get my chance to humiliate you publicly hahaha

Pleases we all know you are not humilating any one, but your self.

I love this big talk, but when I challange you to a match in the battlezone you run away repeatedly or make up some lame excuses.

Battlehammer
can I judge and compete at the same time?
That was just a dumb question

ÇãPž™
Good shit.thumb up

psycho gundam
can I judge and compete at the same time? please be joking..... huh

Troop
Might have enough points for the tourney after all.

Soljer
i hear ya....i guess it will take more effort to be creative thats all.

Go to the tiers thread and start nominating people. smile.

Soljer
Might have enough points for the tourney after all.

Good luck!

Newjak
Might have enough points for the tourney after all. Good Luck man

Troop
Tar. Going to read up on some older ones.

Fuzzy Hawkeye
Trick's still banned from all tournies btw, haermm

illadelph12
Originally posted by Fuzzy Hawkeye
Trick's still banned from all tournies btw, haermm

thumb up

Newjak
Originally posted by illadelph12
thumb up Hey Ill

Badabing
Newjak, I'm unpinning this thread until there's more interest or until we're closer to a tourny date.

Newjak
Originally posted by Badabing
Newjak, I'm unpinning this thread until there's more interest or until we're closer to a tourny date. Cool I really just wanted to get the word out thanks for the time and space Bada

carnage52
why cant we have intelligence and fighting ability?

carnage52
still count me in

Bentley
Sounds fine, I will see how this develop, probably judge too.

Raoul
ha-son

bump bump bump... so i won't lose it next time... messed

psycho gundam
is this in essence a PIS/CIS free tournament? since we can build our character from scratch.

Newjak
is this in essence a PIS/CIS free tournament? since we can build our character from scratch. Yes it is.

nimbus006
When does the draft for thid tournament start?

nimbus006

Physical:
Strength
Durability(Endurance)
Speed(Reaction Time)

Mental:
Telepathy
Intelligence
Fighting Ability

Energy:
Force Fields
Energy Absorption
Energy Blasts

1) Time Manipulation
2) luck Powers

I think that about covers it all for now. If you have any more questions please feel free to PM me.

Newjak, really grat idea.

If your taking suggestions, I would tell you to make the difference between High Herald and Mid Herald a little greater. For example, Mid = 24 points and High = 28 points would probably work better as it penalizes the choice of high herald more.

Newjak
Originally posted by nimbus006
When does the draft for thid tournament start? I'm gonna wait until the current tourney is done then give it about a month of rest until I start drafts and such.

Blacklightning1
Have you got any judges already lined up?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Blacklightning1
Have you got any judges already lined up? Since the last post in this thread was 2 years ago...probably not.

But great thread idea thumb up

long pig
laughing out loud But yeah, great idea. Someone should start a new one of this type.

Newjak
I actually came up with some good rules for this. I'm impressed with myself. stick out tongue

I actually wouldn't mind trying to get it going again.

I thought this would be an interesting idea. Although looking back on it 120 points may have been a little low and I think I would completely cut out the Trans tier for this if I did it again and cap it off at High Herald.

And ban evolving powers as well.

Newjak
You know what I think I want to try and get this going again. stick out tongue

Although I should probably start a new thread for it big grin

Hmm I might get that done this weekend

long pig
Ah, somebody liked thier ego being stroked, didn't they? big grin Every high herald has trans feats, though. It'll get messy, I tells ya.

Newjak
Originally posted by long pig
Ah, somebody liked thier ego being stroked, didn't they? big grin Every high herald has trans feats, though. It'll get messy, I tells ya. It's nice from time to time.

And yeah it could get messy but we'll see how it goes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.