Guardians of the galaxy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HueyFreeman
Looks like after conquest Nova battles SS.

starlock
Hmmm looking foward to the new title

i get the feeling from that pic that nova messes around with galactus and surfer is sent to deal with him?

Endless Mike
I am definitely going to be picking up this series

SevenShackles
that looks awesome, cant wait to see what thats all about =D. im most definitely going to pick this up

ÇãPž™
Another Gotg thats cool, ill probably download it up.

WhiteWitchKing
Previews from GOTG #1. Looks to be an fun GOTG and book to read.

And looks like their battling The Universal Church of Truth, with Gamora and Warlock weighing in.

http://uk.comics.ign.com/articles/869/869015p1.html

quanchi112
Finally something great to come from marvel. I cant wait for this.

Endrict Nuul

roughrider
I thought the old Guardians of The Galaxy were cheesy. I like the makeup of this new group, and they're in the present timeline.
Starlord is sporting a bad-ass look, compared to his original 1970's look.

ÇãPž™
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Don't be a poofter and buy the the comics instead. laughing

Troop
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Don't be a poofter and buy the the comics instead. That means don't be gay...Maybe hes like me and just don't care.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by roughrider
I thought the old Guardians of The Galaxy were cheesy. I like the makeup of this new group, and they're in the present timeline.
Starlord is sporting a bad-ass look, compared to his original 1970's look.

Name a comic book from the 70s that wasn't cheesy

roughrider
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Name a comic book from the 70s that wasn't cheesy

I'd say any cosmic stuff by Jim Starlin in the 1970's, would be considered non-cheesy.
The last Guardians Of The Galaxy title I recall, was done by Jim Valentino in the early 1990's. Campy stuff.

manjaro
cosmic Adventures FTW...where there are clearcut good guys and bad guys and aliens dont count as ppl so the heroes dont have a problem blowing thier brains out

Galan007
This issue was okay.

I'm very interested in where they're going with this:

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/6839/ca1ls2.th.jpg

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Galan007
This issue was okay.

Yeah, I wonder how is Cap buried in ice again?

roughrider
This issue was okay.

Huh.

Where did that chunk of space ice come from? I didn't read the issue.

Symmetric Chaos
This issue was okay.

Certainly got a chuckle out of me.

TrollDog
Originally posted by Troop
That means don't be gay...Maybe hes like me and just don't care. You were the most hilarious sock that month.

Nihilist
wonder whos gonna betray them,also the annihilation event seems only months away.

Endless Mike
I think it might be from an alternate universe

Bentley
Yep, I think that Warlock kind of implied that things from other universes are slipping into this one.

You think that Captain Marvel-Skrull will show up sometime into this series?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Nihilist
wonder whos gonna betray them,also the annihilation event seems only months away.

My money's on Cosmo. Imagine a talking dog as a villain.

Best. Plot Twist. Ever.

yes

I should so be writing for Marvel. Dogs and T-Rexes everywhere.

Nihilist
Originally posted by DigiMark007
My money's on Cosmo. Imagine a talking dog as a villain.

Best. Plot Twist. Ever.

yes

I should so be writing for Marvel. Dogs and T-Rexes everywhere.
it better not be cosmo mad

Bentley
Next in Guardians:

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/previewpic.php?p=images/gg11cover.jpg&w=709&h=1090

Phyla meets her dad! Now she only needs to meet Hulkling and she would've met all her direct family!

Enyalus
Originally posted by Bentley
Next in Guardians:

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/previewpic.php?p=images/gg11cover.jpg&w=709&h=1090

Phyla meets her dad! Now she only needs to meet Hulkling and she would've met all her direct family!

Pretty cool...one correction, is that unless I missed something, GOTG 9 is out now. Which means that 10 is the next issue. And that is from 11. smile

Bentley
Dang, I got all messed up because I've already seen the cover of number 10 before.

Anyways, its still cool. Even if we have to prepare for a Thanos cameo -I mean, Drax is on it too-.

Enyalus
Anyways, its still cool. Even if we have to prepare for a Thanos cameo -I mean, Drax is on it too-.

That's how War of Kings will end. Thanos resurrected and simultaneously destroying the Inhumans, Sh'iar, and the entire Negative Zone with a Big Bang Kamehameha, then usurping Galactus' position in the Celestial Trinity and forcing Norrin to serve him anyway.

Really. Straight from the Senior Editor's mouth.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Enyalus
That's how War of Kings will end. Thanos resurrected and simultaneously destroying the Inhumans, Sh'iar, and the entire Negative Zone with a Big Bang Kamehameha, then usurping Galactus' position in the Celestial Trinity and forcing Norrin to serve him anyway.

Really. Straight from the Senior Editor's mouth. laughing out loudyou liar

Kris Blaze
Still going strong this series.

I just KNOW Quill is going to punch Bolt in the mouth xD

Bentley
The guardians is pretty large as a team, funny to see Mayor Victory and Groot as heavy hitters while Gamora and Phyla are in the other end.

Nihilist
The guardians is pretty large as a team, funny to see Mayor Victory and Groot as heavy hitters while Gamora and Phyla are in the other end. I am Groot is awesome.

Does anyone think it is the Magus in the cocoon?

Bentley
I thought about Magus too, either him, Goddess or a mix of the too.

Lord S
I'm hoping it's the real Adam Warlock in that coccoon...not this boy-band looking imposter they've shoved down our throats.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Lord S
I'm hoping it's the real Adam Warlock in that coccoon...not this boy-band looking imposter they've shoved down our throats.

Amen.

Adam and his "magiKZZZ!" is just plain shit.

The proper Adam probably wouldn't cry his heart out because of some telepathic persuasion anyways.

ExodusCloak

The newest one? People are saying it's Jean Grey.

Slaanesh

WTF is wrong with this new Adam??he looks cool to me..even his magic is awesome..

manjaro
yeah this adam is cool...especially how his magic seems to be the non verbal version of zatanna where he can achieve any effect just by concentrating on it

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Slaanesh
WTF is wrong with this new Adam??he looks cool to me..even his magic is awesome..

baka He's nothing compared to the original one...

Nihilist
Didnt Genis vell once go into a coccooned state when he died once, and D&A did say he would be returning at some point, might be him in the coccoon.

Bentley
That would be a cool theory since it would be a natural foil against most of the Guardians.

Last issue Mantis mention that she couldn't read Phyla's future, do you think it is a reminiscent of Thanos's skill of escaping the abstract's sight?

Nihilist
That would be a cool theory since it would be a natural foil against most of the Guardians.

Last issue Mantis mention that she couldn't read Phyla's future, do you think it is a reminiscent of Thanos's skill of escaping the abstract's sight? Like being outside the realm of chaos and order, maybe.

Bentley
Loved last issue, comments on Warlock?

Kris Blaze
Warlock can't be very strong if he's that far below Vulcan :/

Bentley
I didn't think it was a bad showing. He fend off Vulcan for a while without his magic after being depowered on the spot.

Kris Blaze
I didn't think it was a bad showing. He fend off Vulcan for a while without his magic after being depowered on the spot.

If Vulcan can claim sovereignity over Warlock's magic, then his control must be absolute shit. How's he going to fair against Surfer, Thor or -any- energy manipulator? As it stands now, he must be below Quasar or Nova even.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
If Vulcan can claim sovereignity over Warlock's magic, then his control must be absolute shit. How's he going to fair against Surfer, Thor or -any- energy manipulator? As it stands now, he must be below Quasar or Nova even.

Vulcan hasn't failed to manipulate a type of energy yet so I wouldn't call it low. He's a very high energy manipulator and even though I hate to use the words "Omega Level" potential the fact is he is one and unlike Iceman he's not an idiot.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Vulcan hasn't failed to manipulate a type of energy yet so I wouldn't call it low. He's a very high energy manipulator and even I hate to use the word "Omega Level" potential but he is one and unlike Iceman he's not an idiot.

That's just the point, he's not a "very high" energy manipulator. It's not about failing to manipulate a type of energy, is that he shouldn't be strong enough to wrest control of Warlock's magic. Surfer is an energy manipulator, but would he be able to take control over Odin's attacks or energy? Of course not!

Warlock ought to be too strong for this, especially if he's even stronger than his original incarnation.

ExodusCloak
That's just the point, he's not a "very high" energy manipulator. It's not about failing to manipulate a type of energy, is that he shouldn't be strong enough to wrest control of Warlock's magic. Surfer is an energy manipulator, but would he be able to take control over Odin's attacks or energy? Of course not!

Warlock ought to be too strong for this, especially if he's even stronger than his original incarnation.

If the very nature of his powers is to manipulate all types of energy then he should and again his potential to manipulate energy is "Omega Level". Think of Vulcan as an energy elemental, he's built to take energy based beings down.

Vulcan wrested control of the Phoenix Force from the Phoenix Corps in that What if, it's not that shocking.

Kris Blaze
If the very nature of his powers is to manipulate all types of energy then he should and again his potential to manipulate energy is "Omega Level". Think of Vulcan as an energy elemental, he's built to take energy based beings down.

Anybody above mid herald is energy based.

You can't see the relevance of a power gap? Practically everyone above mid herald also has energy manipulation.

ExodusCloak
Anybody above mid herald is energy based.

You can't see the relevance of a power gap? Practically everyone above mid herald also has energy manipulation.

But different degrees of energy manipulation. And I mean pure energy not Brick + Energy + Flight + Super Speed etc...

Are you suggesting Vulcan is a lot more powerful then what we saw against Gladiator? Was the Shiar Captain really the reason why he lost to Gladiator?

Kris Blaze
But different degrees of energy manipulation. And I mean pure energy not Brick + Energy + Flight + Super Speed etc...

My post would include those.

Bentley
As stated before, is not like Vulcan doesn't have an impressive record manipulating energy, what ifs showing him getting the Phoenix Force or easily beating Magneto. I don't try to justify Adam losing, but it could be considered a rock-paper-scissors kind of match; he cannot use magic against Vulcan but he can beat people above him that cannot manipulate his energy source. It has happened before (I must resist talking Rulk vs Surfer!).

AlmightyKfish
Hmm, Kris makes a good point tbh.

By this fight you could assume any herald, or any other being like Thor or Quasar would annihilate Warlock via removing his magic with energy manipulation.

The only reason Vulcan wouldn't demolish him after taking his energy is that fact that Warlock has physical attributes that dwarf Vulcan's.

I expected Warlock to at least be able to control his own power...

Bentley
Manipulating magic by energy manipulation is not your everyday feat, I don't remember many energy manipulators doing that before against Doctor Strange. I mean, Black Panther manipulated Mephisto's magic, but I don't recall others ermm. The fact is that Guardians is one of the most sci-fi books out there, so as long as it makes sense for magic to be energy, they would use it as such.

This version of Warlock had problems with his powers before, and also had good feats with them (standing in the middle of a star going nova, focusing million souls and sending his soul into the quantum bands). Vulcan also stripped the powers from a character that physically humbled Gladiator. We'll see how the power level of the characters work later on, but until now Warlock has won his stay at herald by feats (I don't see people trying to demote Surfer because he was absorbed by Rulk).

AlmightyKfish
That's because Rulk is God =D

Kris Blaze
Vulcan also stripped the powers from a character that physically humbled Gladiator.

He severed the connection. The elder was powered by his race, and Vulcan altered the trajectory of that energy.

(I don't see people trying to demote Surfer because he was absorbed by Rulk).

I don't see the relevance of a Surfer extracted from a different time-line to the 616 Surfer....

guy222
Was that Warlock or the Magus

Bentley
Originally posted by guy222
Was that Warlock or the Magus

We'll find out soon enough.

He severed the connection. The elder was powered by his race, and Vulcan altered the trajectory of that energy.

I don't see the relevance of a Surfer extracted from a different time-line to the 616 Surfer....

By feats Adam is a mid herald at worst, you are free to take the discussion to the tiers thread if you feel is warranted, me? I'll continue reading Guardians and have a good time doing it smile

Kris Blaze
By feats Adam is a mid herald at worst, you are free to take the discussion to the tiers thread if you feel is warranted, me? I'll continue reading Guardians and have a good time doing it smile

What is this?!?

You ignore the fact that I refuted your ridiculous claim and choose to completely sidetrack the discussion? Bravo! Original!

Digi
Last issue was sick. You'd all be well served to worry less about the power rating implications, imo.

guy222
We'll find out soon enough.

Yes we will

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Digi
Last issue was sick. You'd all be well served to worry less about the power rating implications, imo.

Yeah, I can't wait to see Quill punch Black Bolt!

Maybe Cosmo will lay them all down.

AlmightyKfish
The next issues has Cosmo and Rocket on the cover.

It will be awesome.

Naija boy
I have to agree with kris here. Vulcan hasnt shown to be a superior energy manipulator to the likes of Thor, surfer, or Quasar. If Warlocks magic can be taken from him by vulcan thats speaks quite poorly of his power level.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Naija boy
I have to agree with kris here. Vulcan hasnt shown to be a superior energy manipulator to the likes of Thor, surfer, or Quasar. If Warlocks magic can be taken from him by vulcan thats speaks quite poorly of his power level.
I'm could see Thor possibly doing it, but I doubt it would be possible for Quasar given the difficulty the Quantum Bands have with magic. TBH, it seems like manipulating mystic energy as easily as non mystic is something of a rarity unless the manipulator is a mystic himself. It seems more like a high end feat for Vulcan than a low end showing for Warlock to me...

WhiteWitchKing

No, it speaks poorly of his control you could say. But power wise, he transmuted an entire planet - a feat rare even to herald level beings.

Endless Mike
Warlock is still inexperienced with his new powers

Naija boy
Originally posted by darthgoober
I'm could see Thor possibly doing it, but I doubt it would be possible for Quasar given the difficulty the Quantum Bands have with magic. TBH, it seems like manipulating mystic energy as easily as non mystic is something of a rarity unless the manipulator is a mystic himself. It seems more like a high end feat for Vulcan than a low end showing for Warlock to me...

True Quasar would probably have problems considering the quantum bands history with magic. But Surfer shouldnt have much trouble given that he has manipulated magical energy before. Thor shouldnt either given mjolnirs capabilities. I think its not a particularly good showing for warlock because as WWK said above it speaks poorly of his control. I would think that given the feats Warlock already has he would have the control to match his output. Frankly from the power level his feats imply it would seem more likely that warlock would be the one seizing control of others energy, not the other way round. IMO anyways

Naija boy
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
No, it speaks poorly of his control you could say. But power wise, he transmuted an entire planet - a feat rare even to herald level beings.

True.

tjcoady

Vulcan made it clear. He's hella good at energy manipulation... that's his deal.

Surfer or Thor don't do that very often, even though they can.... when was the last time they pressed that ability very much?

Almost never.

DnA make it clear Vulcan was exploiting a weakness that really, only Vulcan can really take advantage of.

tjcoady

God, thank you Digi.

When you get an issue that awesome, what's the point about tripping on "OH my god! Warlock has been shown to beat so and so.... so they should..... and so forth."

that's not what comics are about!

tjcoady
Man, that preview of Nova demolishing the Shiar Imperial Guard?

HELL YES.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by tjcoady
Man, that preview of Nova demolishing the Shiar Imperial Guard?

HELL YES.

What preview?

tjcoady
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
What preview?

Cover on Newsarama

and the "next issue" blurb cover in this week's Nova.

Bentley
Cover on Newsarama

and the "next issue" blurb cover in this week's Nova.

You can post links I believe smile

Face
Silver surfer battles are always full of massive power moves the power cosmos is deadly

tjcoady
You can post links I believe smile

I can't remember where I saw it sad

Naija boy
Vulcan made it clear. He's hella good at energy manipulation... that's his deal.

Surfer or Thor don't do that very often, even though they can.... when was the last time they pressed that ability very much?

Almost never.

DnA make it clear Vulcan was exploiting a weakness that really, only Vulcan can really take advantage of.

You may have a point there with thor but certainly not surfer. Heck just recently he stripped and sealed away the oldpower from Skaar (the oldpower being an energy source powerful enough to sustain galactus for hundreds of years). Lets not also forget his crunch channeling feat which occured not to long ago as well. There are many more instances where those came from as well. i.e Surfer transforming the psychic energy of billions of souls of the unilord into cosmic energy so he could wield it,synthesizing the Odinforce,
Taking away Sypiras powers, overloading firelord with his own energy,throwing wondermans ionic energy out of phase etc

tjcoady
You may have a point there with thor but certainly not surfer. Heck just recently he stripped and sealed away the oldpower from Skaar (the oldpower being an energy source powerful enough to sustain galactus for hundreds of years). Lets not also forget his crunch channeling feat which occured not to long ago as well. There are many more instances where those came from as well. i.e Surfer transforming the psychic energy of billions of souls of the unilord into cosmic energy so he could wield it,synthesizing the Odinforce,
Taking away Sypiras powers, overloading firelord with his own energy,throwing wondermans ionic energy out of phase etc

Yeah, all good points.

Although can you remember a specific incident where it happened with magic?

The only thing I can think of is way back when in "Defenders" where Dr. Strange's particular type of energy trips him out during the crossover that ran through the Strange, Surfer, Hulk, and Namor annuals.

Naija boy
Yeah, all good points.

Although can you remember a specific incident where it happened with magic?

The only thing I can think of is way back when in "Defenders" where Dr. Strange's particular type of energy trips him out during the crossover that ran through the Strange, Surfer, Hulk, and Namor annuals.

Well the Odinforce is magic (mostly magic at least and high level magic at that) and surfer was able to manipulate and synthesize it and susbequently recreate beta ray bills structure.

basilisk
Manipulating magic by energy manipulation is not your everyday feat, I don't remember many energy manipulators doing that before against Doctor Strange. I mean, Black Panther manipulated Mephisto's magic, but I don't recall others ermm. The fact is that Guardians is one of the most sci-fi books out there, so as long as it makes sense for magic to be energy, they would use it as such.

Years ago there was a story I think by the same writers (D & A) featuring Mordred, Scarlet Witch, & Strange. There was a race of people from the future who had all sorts of tech that countered magic, developed from years of fighting a magic-user race. The idea was that once understood, magic could be manipulated and countered with technology, at least to some extent. Their weapons were very effective against the current day mages.

Could be the same idea here, that magic is just an exotic form of energy that can be manipulated by someone with knowledge of it. Possibly other energy manipulators could do it too, if they understood more about the nature of the energy.

This version of Warlock had problems with his powers before, and also had good feats with them (standing in the middle of a star going nova, focusing million souls and sending his soul into the quantum bands). Vulcan also stripped the powers from a character that physically humbled Gladiator. We'll see how the power level of the characters work later on, but until now Warlock has won his stay at herald by feats (I don't see people trying to demote Surfer because he was absorbed by Rulk).

I'm not really liking this new version of Warlock. Classic Warlock was kind of strange and unusual and interesting, even though his later stories were not that good. This new guy just pops out of a cocoon with magical powers and talking about 'glamours' and other silly stuff? Seems like just another cliched generic magic character pulling terms out of Harry Potter, with a bit of 'quantum mage" nonsense thrown in to try to make it sound cool. I'm hoping he at least gets more used to his powers soon.

AlmightyKfish
Next issue, Lockjaw vs Cosmo?

Bentley
By the way, this series still rock.

Face
It looks like quite a good comic

Kris Blaze
Weakest issue yet so far.

HueyFreeman
Weakest issue yet so far. I enjoyed it. Really though because of the whole warlock/Magus scenario which seems to be all but confirmed.

Digi
Last issue was awesomesauce, as is most of this series. Try to use spoiler tags if you're going to be talking about it, however. Thanks.

Bentley
I agree with Digi, not many series get solid issues pretty much each month.

Alpha Centauri
I must admit, as a long time reader of Surfer's main series' (Not his appearances anymore), I confess to never really finding the cosmic characters much fun.

I always felt they were way too powerful to entertain me except in big events.

It pleases me that they've had two consistently awesome events in Annihilation and War of Kings. I actually really enjoy the fact that the cosmics are no longer just guys hanging in Space, they've got their own shit to deal with now and it's making for good stories.

It's easy to forget Vulcan is a Summers, really.

Definitely looking forward to next issue.

-AC

Kris Blaze
17 was probably the weakest issue yet. Characters are being offed left and right, and this is the first time Drax' personality\art was way off. This smells like new roster or cancelled title.

HueyFreeman
17 was probably the weakest issue yet. Characters are being offed left and right, and this is the first time Drax' personality\art was way off. This smells like new roster or cancelled title. What do you mean. The book has has been leading up to this for a while and besides the drax misstep (which can easily overlooked) most of what happened makes sense. I really enjoyed the issue.

Digi
Yeah, this is my favorite Marvel book out right now, and can arguably be said to have more importance than even the WoK crossover event in terms of Marvel cosmic shenanigans. Also not sure how Drax's lines were "off." He had like 2 sentences in the whole issue. If you dislike the art, that's your prerogative. Every artist will make some happy and displease others. But meh, to each their own.

I can't wait for more though, and I really hope that good-Adam Warlock is in the cocoon that the Church has, and gets to battle Magus.

Deathlok
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #17 - Wow! Overkill could be applied to this issue literally & metaphorically.laughing out loud Awesome freakin issue! I love this book so much!

I AM GROOT!jump

Bouboumaster
Will Thanos come back to kick ass?

Nihilist
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Will Thanos come back to kick ass? No, i dont think he will be back for a while yet.

Phantom Zone
I really should start collecting this. Got interested after reading Annhilation Conquest. Never thought a talking Racoon would become one of my favourite characters.

Bentley
Hahaha, now Kang guest stars in the Guardians, its like they are doing these series just for me. cool

Bentley
Now, seriously, what does this book needs to do for people to discuss about it? It has been the craziest ride I've read in years.

starlock
Now, seriously, what does this book needs to do for people to discuss about it? It has been the craziest ride I've read in years.

Marvel would have to stop making people like me quit buying thier comics? treat the consumers with a little respect and courtesy?.....then maybe someone will buy the comic and care enough about it....or they could just put Wendal/Quasar on the team...that would do it for me stick out tongue

Digi
Yeah, good as always. This has been the most consistent book Marvel has for at least the last year, possibly longer.

And I don't want "big names" to take over the title, so I honestly won't be echoing the Quasar or Thanos wishes. This book works because it makes a believable drama out of an ensemble cast, and manages to deal with cosmic issues without resorting to hyperbolic powers.

Nihilist
So if Magus has been Warlock for a while now, but it was Warlock to start with, who is in the cocoon then...hope its not the goddess.

AlmightyKfish
Cosmo ='(

AlmightyKfish
For a team book, DnA were pretty ballsy to wipe out pretty much half of their team in one issue

Bentley
Yep, bold choice. At least we still got some of the funnies still kicking.

Kang showed some good props that issue with the Time Keeper and the CC laying around. Magus was uber too.

However, if he has been taken out already I feel that his showing at the end of the "Who will reign?" issue was kind of misplaced.

AlmightyKfish
Meh, I guess it's just showing how quickly things can change in the cosmic stage.

I'm guessing we'll have a few new team members soon, due to the fact we now only have- Starlord, Bug, Groot, Rocky, Jack Flag and Drax left alive

Although, Cosmo should come back, he was a fun, unique character. and awesome, can't forget that

tjcoady
I don't see the "roster changes" to last too long.

Bentley
Maybe not, there is that second Warlock egg running around and Martyr may be a resurrecter, but I would gladly see what they pull out of their asses.

WhiteWitchKing
Hopefully they resurrect most characters. I know that would lessen the impact of this ending but these are characters I want back alive. I think an even bigger plot line could be involved with bringing them back then just killing them. Something's brewing and I see that CC as the tool to bring them back.

Bentley
Hopefully they resurrect most characters. I know that would lessen the impact of this ending but these are characters I want back alive. I think an even bigger plot line could be involved with bringing them back then just killing them. Something's brewing and I see that CC as the tool to bring them back.

I think that they may find "alternate reality" characters in the fault. It could be a way out that still follows the storyline without bringing too many resurrections.

Kris Blaze
Very interesting this last chapter.

I think it's sad that they killed off Cosmo but that's how it is. I much prefer fights with casualties like these since it makes them seem a lot more realistic.

HueyFreeman
Realm of Kings was a good issue. Weird though. Wonder where this is going.

Digi
At least it wasn't another Zombie universe tie-in.

Bentley
Is it me or they are totally going in a lovecraft route there?

How weird is it that in the solicits it says that the Guardians are still warding off the Magus? I guess he'll be around and kicking again soon?

HueyFreeman
Is it me or they are totally going in a lovecraft route there?

How weird is it that in the solicits it says that the Guardians are still warding off the Magus? I guess he'll be around and kicking again soon? According to the Magus, by putting that spell on the fault he create a deus ex machina on his own history. Hes been the Magus for months because of this. Theres probably plenty more to his plan than what we saw.

Bentley
Anyone read the new issue yet?

Nihilist
SPOILER!!! SPOILER BELOW(just for AC)

Thanos returns in issue#25-- he may find his way through the fault as there is no death there/life has won or he may be called upon as the fault beings know nothing of death/being dead, thats my threory anyway

WhiteWitchKing
SPOILER!!! SPOILER BELOW(just for AC)

Thanos returns in issue#25-- he may find his way through the fault as there is no death there/life has won or he may be called upon as the fault beings know nothing of death/being dead, thats my threory anyway

Hopefully he's just back for a story arc in Guardians of the Galaxy, Nova, and possibly Realm of Kings: Imperial Guard. Then return to the realm of death for a long time.

guy222
hope it works

WhiteWitchKing
Anyone read issue 22? What did everyone think? Especially the ending where Magus says he's got another hand to play despite the Matriarch's failure to release the Fault god creature

And Rocket Racoon's plan was pretty badass.

Digi
What's a good Adam Warlock story without Thanos? It's good that they're bringing them back. Here's hoping the original Adam busts out of a random cocoon as well for some Infinity War nostalgia.

vansonbee
Anyone read issue 22? What did everyone think? Especially the ending where Magus says he's got another hand to play despite the Matriarch's failure to release the Fault god creature

And Rocket Racoon's plan was pretty badass.
Maybe he referring to Thanos upbringing? I seen glimpse of issue#26 cover with Thanos.

Nihilist
What's a good Adam Warlock story without Thanos? It's good that they're bringing them back. Here's hoping the original Adam busts out of a random cocoon as well for some Infinity War nostalgia. Lets hope sothumb up

Bentley
Another nice issue for the Guardians. I hope the fault bring some colorful enemies into the mix, as the church is kind of gray -I liked most of the issues with other villains, such as when Phyla and Drax went to Oblivion.

The Nuul
I want another IG event and Infinity War.

Kris Blaze
Liking this comic less by the issue.

The writer is spending way too much time on uninteresting characters like the "other" guardians there and the Church. Fault is a great way to bring something new into the mix, not give the Church another chance to play the role as villains. Further more, I would have loved it if they put Maelstrom to use, but it looks like that won't happen.

Nihilist

The writer is spending way too much time on uninteresting characters like the "other" guardians there and the Church. Fault is a great way to bring something new into the mix, not give the Church another chance to play the role as villains. Further more, I would have loved it if they put Maelstrom to use, but it looks like that won't happen. The writers said Maelstrom in going to feature in the upcoming cosmic even "End War".

Kris Blaze
The writers said Maelstrom in going to feature in the upcoming cosmic even "End War".
And a winrar is me.

WhiteWitchKing

The writer is spending way too much time on uninteresting characters like the "other" guardians there and the Church. Fault is a great way to bring something new into the mix, not give the Church another chance to play the role as villains. Further more, I would have loved it if they put Maelstrom to use, but it looks like that won't happen.

Nah, I like the Church though. The thing with DnA is that they like to bring up the past and make it relevant again. I think DnA is going to give the Church and Magus another to establish that lost future Warlock destroyed in the current 616. The Badoon has been touched upon and eventually I think is to push them into the lime light as an established power in the 616 as well. The Kree/Skrull/Shi'Ar have long been the major powers but I think they want further changes to the landscape. Magus even commented on Gladiator's new role and that they need a strong leader to lead them into this new dark age that the horrors the Fault would bring.

Also, have you been reading Realm of Kings: Imperial Guard? The first issue is slow but the third one kicks it up. It's way more interesting and delves into more of the Fault's inhabitants. There's also some surprises that makes things a lot more interesting when coupled with events in GOTG.

With Thanos coming back, the End Wars thing might be true. The Fault is a universe where life has won and is spreading like cancer. Magus is still the Champion of Life. Thanos return may indicate he'll again be the Champion of Death. There's something brewing especially with all of this. I think Maelstrom and Quasar will be champions of their Oblivion and Infinity once again. So here's hoping there's going to be some kind of struggle between the abstracts.

Bentley
I agree with Kris that they should spend less time with internal issues on Knowhere and the Church and explore more of the cosmic possibilities of other villains. Now, this can get better when they face the fault more directly or when Thanos makes a comeback, but still, enemy-wise, current issues are kind of stale.

Bentley
With Thanos coming back, the End Wars thing might be true. The Fault is a universe where life has won and is spreading like cancer. Magus is still the Champion of Life. Thanos return may indicate he'll again be the Champion of Death. There's something brewing especially with all of this. I think Maelstrom and Quasar will be champions of their Oblivion and Infinity once again. So here's hoping there's going to be some kind of struggle between the abstracts.

That Champion thing is a little bit too "Blackest night" for my test, but still, having Maelstrom develop into some sort of "cosmic Loki" would be cool though.

Alpha Centauri

It's lost a lot of focus.

It started well with issue 1 of Imperial Guard, Inhumans and the Realm of Kings one-shot, but now that it's just tie-ins it feels as though a lot is being forgotten.

I expected The Fault to make a bigger impact. I hope it gets better. I'm enjoying Imperial Guard though.

-AC

Bentley
I like the fact that Mentor makes a rather good preator, even if the Imperial Guard loses a lot of its punching power without Gladiator. Personally I would like to have him in the front lines again, but I just don't see who can be a fitting replacement. (Is Vulcan's wife still in a comma? Technically she would still be of the royal family)

AlmightyKfish
http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.11310.exclusive~colon~_the_thanos_imperative

Bentley
Loved the latest issue of Realm of Kings imperial guard, nice twists and a sad fall down -I may as well be the only one who cares if one of the guard dies big grin .

Edit: Just saw the link before. Not just bringing Thanos back but a Thanos mini and the Surfer. Now, that sounds like an event.

WhiteWitchKing
Agreed, this issue is great. Loving that twist with Smasher. But I wonder what Gladiator will do to Talon when they meet up.

AlmightyKfish
I only just read issue #23, and it was freaking sweet.

Using Knowwhere as a giant laser firing battering ram is my favourite scene from any comic so far this year.

Deadline
I got myself issues 20-23 of GotG. After reading about 3 pages of issue 20 I was hooked. I love the series and I want to get all the issues in the series. Awesome.

Nihilist
Its cancelled after is 25!!

AlmightyKfish
Its cancelled after is 25!!

No it isn't.

DnA have said that whilst The Thanos Imperative is going on, Nova/Guardians are on hiatus.

Nihilist
No it isn't.

DnA have said that whilst The Thanos Imperative is going on, Nova/Guardians are on hiatus. TBH, thats sound like bs to me.

It just a polite way of saying its cancelled due to not great sales numbers.

AlmightyKfish
TBH, thats sound like bs to me.

It just a polite way of saying its cancelled due to not great sales numbers.

They're not just going to cancel two of their most acclaimed books they have right now, which are selling quite well iirc.

Nihilist
They're not just going to cancel two of their most acclaimed books they have right now, which are selling quite well iirc. According to reports Nova sales numbers have halved, and GOTG has only just been keeping its head above water sales wise.

Joe Q has made no secret he doesnt like the cosmic side of the universe as well.

Captain Britain MI13 was regulary touted as a awesome comic, but they didnt think twice about cancelling that.

Bentley
Come on, they cannot cancel this and Nova, this are among the best ongoings Marvel has right now. I know they did pretty much the same with Inmortal Iron-fist, but either they keep making upgoings or they stop doing everything but Spider-man, Hulk and Avenger books.

Deadline
Wait to they ****ing cancelled this series as well??????

Heavenly king
how power are their weapons

Stoic
Originally posted by Deadline
Wait to they ****ing cancelled this series as well??????

It's all of that pirating shyt going on, they aren't making enough money to keep all of those titles ongoing.

dmills
Originally posted by Stoic
It's all of that pirating shyt going on, they aren't making enough money to keep all of those titles ongoing. You mean like torrent and shyte.

leonidas
so, thoughts on the new series? and, has anyone else read the gotg INFINITE digital series? i think it was very cool..... i'm impressed (like at the start of annihilation) with the technology. it worked for me. and i actually think bendis did a nice job with the individual stories.....

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by leonidas
so, thoughts on the new series? and, has anyone else read the gotg INFINITE digital series? i think it was very cool..... i'm impressed (like at the start of annihilation) with the technology. it worked for me. and i actually think bendis did a nice job with the individual stories..... I thought it was ok. I would like to know .."did Peter quill always have daddy issues?"

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>