Transition Lenses..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kelly_Bean
I feel like such a retard but I'm really excited to get them. stick out tongue I went and picked out a new pair of glasses today and I got to add transition lenses to them. Anyone else have them?

I've never really been able to have this because I'd always have to take my regular glasses off to put my sunglasses on and I'd be really blind because I didn't have my regular glasses on so now I get to have glasses that automatically change into sunglasses. stick out tongue

*Prepares to get bombed*

Piggle Humsy
My dad had them awesome

He didn't like them no expression

eeejit
*bombs*

Mairuzu
spam

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
My dad had them awesome

He didn't like them no expression
Really? Damn it..I hope I like them. sad Do you know why he didn't?

AngryManatee
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean

I occassionally get a pair cuz my parents are optometrists. I really don't notice them changing to dark unless I take them off and check to see if they're working. They don't actually darken as much as they show on the commercials, and also not as quickly.

But they work reasonably well I must say. I could stare at the sun more easily with them as compared to without them.

eeejit
Originally posted by AngryManatee
I occassionally get a pair cuz my parents are optometrists. I really don't notice them changing to dark unless I take them off and check to see if they're working. They don't actually darken as much as they show on the commercials, and also not as quickly.

But they work reasonably well I must say. I could stare at the sun more easily with them as compared to without them. why would you stare at teh sun anyway? laughing out loud

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by AngryManatee

But they work reasonably well I must say. I could stare at the sun more easily with them as compared to without them.
Damn..sad I should've never fell for that damn TV ad. hanuts

Piggle Humsy

It was the speed they changed at I think, it was slow and when he'd go indoors from being outside they'd take ages to lighten up so he'd sometimes have to take them off anyways if the place was dimly lit as it was too dark to see properly or something.. srug

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
It was the speed they changed at I think, it was slow and when he'd go indoors from being outside they'd take ages to lighten up so he'd sometimes have to take them off anyways if the place was dimly lit as it was too dark to see properly or something.. srug
Great..erm I'm gonna be like Ray Charles, lol. I'll be squinting through places to try and see while I wait for them to change.

taft
I have some

=Tired Hiker=
I don't believe in glasses.

gefallen_engel
I hate glasses

taft
I love glasses

=Tired Hiker=
I love to hate glasses that I don't believe in.

gefallen_engel
laughing

FoxMeister
I know a guy with transition lenses and they are always dark and i thought he was blind

AbnormalButSane
I have a pair. I keep them in my car for when I drive. hmm

They're okay. They don't transition fast enough is all. Or completely transition back sometimes. messed

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I don't believe in glasses.
Originally posted by gefallen_engel
I hate glasses
Well I have really bad vision and as the optometrist said to me today "contacts just aren't for everyone." This is what happens when I wear contacts:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/LOTRgirl4life/2.jpg

Originally posted by AbnormalButSane
I have a pair. I keep them in my car for when I drive. hmm

They're okay. They don't transition fast enough is all. Or completely transition back sometimes. messed
cry Thanks. I should've just turned her down about the transition lenses then.

gefallen_engel
I have major scarring on my cornias so I can't wear contacts a lot but I do it anyways

FoxMeister
I wear glasses regularly even though my eyesight is only a fraction below normal but it still makes a big difference.

It was weird realising what i had been missing out on

Kelly_Bean
I have major scarring on my cornias so I can't wear contacts a lot but I do it anyways
Yeah..that picture was actually taken really early in having my prescription contacts but I still wore my remaining contacts anyway.

More than I can say Fox, lol. My eyesight is up the sh*t creek. People and everything else are blurs to me. I can only distinguish the color of something to a certain extent. People's faces become tan blurs when they reach a certain extent also (which is not far).

BruceSkywalker
I hate glasses

I used to wear glasses, don't anymore

Kelly_Bean
I want to get lasik(or however you spell it) but I don't have insurance and I SURE AS HELL don't have money, lol.

taft
I like my transition lenses no expression

Strangelove
I feel like such a retard but I'm really excited to get them. stick out tongue I went and picked out a new pair of glasses today and I got to add transition lenses to them. Anyone else have them?

I've never really been able to have this because I'd always have to take my regular glasses off to put my sunglasses on and I'd be really blind because I didn't have my regular glasses on so now I get to have glasses that automatically change into sunglasses. stick out tongue

*Prepares to get bombed* I have them, I think they're great. srug

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by Strangelove
I have them, I think they're great. srug
Damn I've got 2-3 people saying they're great and the rest saying they pretty much suck!

Dunno what the hell to believe so I'll just see for myself. stick out tongue I can't take it back anyway, already ordered 'em.

Strangelove
Well, you don't have get prescription sunglasses or those crappy clip-ons, so they're really convenient. You don't have to do shit, just be out in the sun for a bit.

They're sweet.

taft
Get a pair of those 80's sunglasses that they give after they dilate your eyes

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by Strangelove
Well, you don't have get prescription sunglasses or those crappy clip-ons, so they're really convenient. You don't have to do shit, just be out in the sun for a bit.

They're sweet.
big grin Good point.
Originally posted by taft
Get a pair of those 80's sunglasses that they give after they dilate your eyes
They did not dilate my eyes today, thankfully.

Phucked Up
When my sister had transition lenses they stayed "dark" and never went fully back to regular glasses, so she couldn't wear them inside anymore. Waste of money.

I'm glad contacts work for me, because I can go get regular sunglasses.

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by Phucked Up
When my sister had transition lenses they stayed "dark" and never went fully back to regular glasses, so she couldn't wear them inside anymore. Waste of money.

I'm glad contacts work for me, because I can go get regular sunglasses.
Shaddup. schmoll

Man I made a video saying hey to you and Roland today but the background noises are too loud for you to be able to distinguish a lot of what I say.

Phucked Up
Shaddup. schmoll

Man I made a video saying hey to you and Roland today but the background noises are too loud for you to be able to distinguish a lot of what I say.

eek! Where's the video?

Kelly_Bean
eek! Where's the video?
On my computer. Don't get your hopes up, it is me (fully clothed, etc) and it's a short video.

AbnormalButSane
Well I have really bad vision and as the optometrist said to me today "contacts just aren't for everyone." This is what happens when I wear contacts:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/LOTRgirl4life/2.jpg

cry Thanks. I should've just turned her down about the transition lenses then.

Nah. They'll probably come in handy when you're outside and such for long periods of time, babe. smile

Phucked Up
On my computer. Don't get your hopes up, it is me (fully clothed, etc) and it's a short video.

Well go upload that shit to YouTube. oh

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by AbnormalButSane
Nah. They'll probably come in handy when you're outside and such for long periods of time, babe. smile
smile Good, just what I need!
Well go upload that shit to YouTube. oh
Yes but you can't hear me over the stupid cars going by and an alarm going off and this damn bird chirping.

Phucked Up
smile Good, just what I need!

Yes but you can't hear me over the stupid cars going by and an alarm going off and this damn bird chirping.

But...I wanna see Kelleh! oh

Kelly_Bean
But...I wanna see Kelleh! oh
Okay.
Do you know any free video converters that don't put a watermark on videos while converting them?

edit: Nevermind, found one.

Kelly_Bean
SzHNg8SLZ8A
hanuts

BruceSkywalker
SzHNg8SLZ8A
hanuts

Thats cute Kels.

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Thats cute Kels.
Thank you. ^.^
Once I get "MY" camera back, I'll probably take more videos saying hello to KMCers.

BruceSkywalker
Thank you. ^.^
Once I get "MY" camera back, I'll probably take more videos saying hello to KMCers.

Cool. I'll watch them

Phucked Up
SzHNg8SLZ8A
hanuts

hmm Hot.

Mairuzu
im gunna get some good sleep tonight

Kelly_Bean
hmm Hot.
Not really.
Originally posted by Mairuzu
im gunna get some good sleep tonight
hanuts

Phucked Up
Not really.

hanuts

It is to me. ermm

Kelly_Bean
It is to me. ermm
Freak. awesome

Phucked Up
Freak. awesome

Everyone says that. haermm

Kelly_Bean
Everyone says that. haermm
cry

Everyone? You sleep with everyone?

cry

Phucked Up
cry

Everyone? You sleep with everyone?

cry

No, people just say I'm odd...I only sleep with you. awesome

Syren
Yeah..that picture was actually taken really early in having my prescription contacts but I still wore my remaining contacts anyway.

More than I can say Fox, lol. My eyesight is up the sh*t creek. People and everything else are blurs to me. I can only distinguish the color of something to a certain extent. People's faces become tan blurs when they reach a certain extent also (which is not far).

My eyes are screwed as well. I had them tested about three or four months ago and the optician said that he'd be happy to prescribe some glasses for me but in his opinion I don't really need them because I don't drive yet. I was like, what about all the other stuff I use my eyes for, like everything?? I'm going for another test because my sight is awful when I leave work every day. I didn't recognise Jamie (my fella) when he was about 100 yards away from me in the street the other day. He started waving and I figured it was him because of his clothing, but I couldn't make out his facial features until we were much closer to one another. It really pisses me off. Apparently it's because I use a computer all day at work and often when I'm at home, so my short distance is fine, it's just long distance that's screwed.

My whole body's breaking down at the moment.

Kelly_Bean
No, people just say I'm odd...I only sleep with you. awesome
Good. awesome That's what I wanted to hear.
Originally posted by Syren
My eyes are screwed as well. I had them tested about three or four months ago and the optician said that he'd be happy to prescribe some glasses for me but in his opinion I don't really need them because I don't drive yet. I was like, what about all the other stuff I use my eyes for, like everything?? I'm going for another test because my sight is awful when I leave work every day. I didn't recognise Jamie (my fella) when he was about 100 yards away from me in the street the other day. He started waving and I figured it was him because of his clothing, but I couldn't make out his facial features until we were much closer to one another. It really pisses me off. Apparently it's because I use a computer all day at work and often when I'm at home, so my short distance is fine, it's just long distance that's screwed.

My whole body's breaking down at the moment.
Wow we have the exact same eyesight problem it seems! I'm actually surprised I'm not legally blind. Speaking of the computer usage thing, my parents give me the excuse that that's why my eyesight's getting worse. hanuts I'm only on the computer about 15 hours a day. Sheesh! stick out tongue

Phucked Up
Good. awesome That's what I wanted to hear.

Wow we have the exact same eyesight problem it seems! I'm actually surprised I'm not legally blind. Speaking of the computer usage thing, my parents give me the excuse that that's why my eyesight's getting worse. hanuts I'm only on the computer about 15 hours a day. Sheesh! stick out tongue

What else do you wanna hear? awesome

And my eyes are the same too...get 10 feet away from me and your face becomes a blob. Plus I have a slight astigmatism.

Rogue Jedi

And my eyes are the same too...get 10 feet away from me and your face becomes a blob. Plus I have a slight astigmatism. I bet we could share glasses. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kelly_Bean

And my eyes are the same too...get 10 feet away from me and your face becomes a blob. Plus I have a slight astigmatism.
Same here, same here. My doc told me I have an astigmatism as well but I don't get to try to contacts for astigmatism yet. sad
I'm going to look like a retard going to Sebastian's prom in a fancy Cinderella dress wearing glasses. cry And I can't just go blind...

Phucked Up
Same here, same here. My doc told me I have an astigmatism as well but I don't get to try to contacts for astigmatism yet. sad
I'm going to look like a retard going to Sebastian's prom in a fancy Cinderella dress wearing glasses. cry And I can't just go blind...

My eye doctor said that my astigmatism was so borderline that I might be fine with regular contacts, but it might be on the other side of the line so I'd need contacts for astigmatism (which they say are more uncomfortable). I was lucky enough to get to wear regular.

Rogue Jedi
LASIK?

Syren

I'm gonna just get glasses, no matter what the second optician says. I don't want to strain my eyes any more than is absolutely necessary. I was also supposed to wear glasses when I was much younger, mainly for reading, and I chose not to. Probably didn't help! Sitting close to a computer screen for the majority of the day definitely causes your eyes to be stuffed when it comes to doing normal things. Should we stop using the computer, Jelly?? oh

Kelly_Bean
My eye doctor said that my astigmatism was so borderline that I might be fine with regular contacts, but it might be on the other side of the line so I'd need contacts for astigmatism (which they say are more uncomfortable). I was lucky enough to get to wear regular.
Yeah I was told today that the problems with my contacts (like with the picture I posted earlier) that happened everytime I wore them was because of dry eyes and not really producing enough tears I guess.
I'm gonna just get glasses, no matter what the second optician says. I don't want to strain my eyes any more than is absolutely necessary. I was also supposed to wear glasses when I was much younger, mainly for reading, and I chose not to. Probably didn't help! Sitting close to a computer screen for the majority of the day definitely causes your eyes to be stuffed when it comes to doing normal things. Should we stop using the computer, Jelly?? oh
No we should NOT.
The internet's serious business, young missy!
It needs us to fight crime!

more like commit crime..hanuts

Syren

No we should NOT.
The internet's serious business, young missy!
It needs us to fight crime!

more like commit crime..hanuts

Thank the cows for that!
I know, you're right.
Yeah!

but we needs our eyes... oh

Kelly_Bean
Thank the cows for that!
I know, you're right.
Yeah!

but we needs our eyes... oh
We're not gonna go blind, honey.

Even if we did, all I need is my hands to feel stuff. awesome

Phucked Up
We're not gonna go blind, honey.

Even if we did, all I need is my hands to feel stuff. awesome

Unless your hands are bound to my bed. awesome

Kelly_Bean
Unless your hands are bound to my bed. awesome
dd
Didn't we do that last night? Whew! You wore me out. How about a little switchup tonight, sweeteh?

Phucked Up
dd
Didn't we do that last night? Whew! You wore me out. How about a little switchup tonight, sweeteh?

Sounds like a party.

Kelly_Bean
Sounds like a party.
A party for two.

Phucked Up
A party for two.

Yep.

Don't forget the whip.

Kelly_Bean
Yep.

Don't forget the whip.
You're one kinky, kinky man!!!!

Phucked Up
You're one kinky, kinky man!!!!

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me.

Kelly_Bean
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me.
I need to add you to my signature (in text) in some way. think

Phucked Up
I need to add you to my signature (in text) in some way. think

Indeed. hmm

Kelly_Bean
Tattoo = My secks Goddess.

Phucked Up
Tattoo = My secks Goddess.

But I'm male. oh

Oh, and welcome to my MySpace. ha-son

Kelly_Bean
But I'm male. oh

Oh, and welcome to my MySpace. ha-son
Sh...no one knows this..shh

You didn't request me. sad

Phucked Up
Sh...no one knows this..shh

You didn't request me. sad

They do!

And yes I did, about 10 minutes ago. ermm

Kelly_Bean
cry I thought it was our little secret.

No...I have no request at all. I guess Myspace is fvcked up again, as usual. There's always a delay on Myspace in one way, shape or form.

Phucked Up
cry I thought it was our little secret.

No...I have no request at all. I guess Myspace is fvcked up again, as usual. There's always a delay on Myspace in one way, shape or form.

Nope, my peepee has been pictured before. ha-son

Check your friend requests anyways, lately I've been getting messages but MySpace won't alert me at all. I have to check my inbox manually.

Kelly_Bean
I know. dd
I got ya. It just wasn't popping up that I had a new friends request, had to go to the friends request section myself.

Phucked Up
I know. dd
I got ya. It just wasn't popping up that I had a new friends request, had to go to the friends request section myself.

You know from many instances. haermm

Let's kick Tom and tell him to fix his buggy system.

Disturbed Angel

*Prepares to get bombed*
I have them. They make no damn difference.

Kelly_Bean
You know from many instances. haermm

Let's kick Tom and tell him to fix his buggy system.
It's not just Tom I'm sure. It's all those damn nuts he has working for him..dunno how to do shit. schmoll
Originally posted by Disturbed Angel
I have them. They make no damn difference.
I wasted a bit of money then today. sad Okay no I didn't, Mom and Dad did.
Thanks.

Disturbed Angel
I wasted a bit of money then today. sad Okay no I didn't, Mom and Dad did.
Thanks.
I dunno, maybe you might think they're good. I don't. confused My lenses get like a couple shades darker but I don't think it really helps. srug

Kelly_Bean
I dunno, maybe you might think they're good. I don't. confused My lenses get like a couple shades darker but I don't think it really helps. srug
Chances are that's what I'll feel like too.
Thanks for all your heads ups. :]

Disturbed Angel
Chances are that's what I'll feel like too.
Thanks for all your heads ups. :]
Ah well. You're welcome. hug

Kelly_Bean
Ah well. You're welcome. hug
hug

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.