Heart Murmurs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

geshien
so i had what i thought was a heart attack at first, last night around 12:30, followed by a seizure.

i got taken to the emergency clinic. (we drove ourselves)

test got back and i seem to be O.K.

i'm going to see a cardiologist later this week.

to say the least, at 22 this concerns me especially since in my case it seems to be hereditary.

murmurs are treatable but having one isn't fun. and i still only have a prognosis.

anybody have a reassuring word for me? i could use one.

Mairuzu
k

Mairuzu
how old are you

Kelly_Bean
My boyfriend has had seizures too. erm

Yoshi Paradise
Originally posted by geshien
so i had what i thought was a heart attack at first, last night around 12:30, followed by a seizure.

to say the least, at 22 this concerns me especially since in my case it seems to be hereditary.

murmurs are treatable but having one isn't fun. and i still only have a prognosis.

I'm sure you'll be okay. thumb up

Originally posted by Mairuzu
how old are you

He said he was 22 in his post.

BruceSkywalker
Glad ur ok

Neo Darkhalen
Glad to hear your doing better now.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
I'm sure you'll be okay. thumb up

He said he was 22 in his post. the demons

guy222
Glad ur ok friend

LilyMaree

Everything's probably gonna be fine hug
Hope things go well for you, and glad to know you're okay now.

geshien
thanks everybody.

so far things are fine. i'm still winded from the whole ordeal.
muscles are sore from the excessive use but i think i'll be fine.

i was scared though. thought i was gonna die. lol

does anybody have any knowledge about this kinda thing? i'd like to know if anybody has any experience on it.

(hey yoshi!)

Syren
I'm glad you're ok geshien, must have been really frightening. I've been having a problem for the last 6 months or so with my heart, or at least that area, and my pulse and although I know it's probably nothing I've been becoming more and more concerned of late. I've looked up heart palpitations and it sounds very similar to what I've been experiencing, but you know what it's like when you look up symptoms yourself; you assume you have every illness you come across!

I had an ECG a while ago and there were no problems but I'm still worried because palpitations are intermittent and the ECG was just the short one, I was in and out in 10 minutes. I'm going back to see my doctor as soon as I can anyway, just to be on the safe side.

Basically what I'm saying is that I understand your anxiety at the moment and if you want to talk, feel free to PM me big grin

Yoshi Paradise
thanks everybody.

so far things are fine. i'm still winded from the whole ordeal.
muscles are sore from the excessive use but i think i'll be fine.

i was scared though. thought i was gonna die. lol

does anybody have any knowledge about this kinda thing? i'd like to know if anybody has any experience on it.

(hey yoshi!)

wave Hey, Geshien.

Sorry, but I don't think I ever experienced that.

McLovin

Heart murmurs are very common.

I hope everything works out well for you.

gefallen_engel
I have a heart murmer though I have never had that happen to me,I imagine I would get freaked out. glad that you are okay

TRH
You shall be fine.
Get well sonn,buddy!

dadudemon
I have a palpitation. It is not quite atrial fibrillation but it is some sort of tachycardia. It is random.

I notice that it becomes more prominent during stress or when I don't work out for extended periods.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.