anoon boondara vs rots yoda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Man of Christ
sabers
force
all out

Elite Hunter
Yoda take all three.

Gideon
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Yoda take all three.

If we're to take the omniscient narrator at his word, Yoda might not win the first round. Bondara's technical ability with a lightsaber is stated to be above Yoda's own -- though that doesn't guarentee him a victory in a lightsaber duel.

truejedi
I pick yoda all three: Bondara died before the clone wars, so ROTS Yoda would have defeated him.

Faunus
Originally posted by Gideon
If we're to take the omniscient narrator at his word, Yoda might not win the first round. Bondara's technical ability with a lightsaber is stated to be above Yoda's own -- though that doesn't guarentee him a victory in a lightsaber duel.True on both points. I'd be more inclined to give the duel to Yoda on account of his considerably superior Force prowess, which allowed Bane to dominate the vastly more skilled Kas'im, but it could probably go either way.

Gideon
Originally posted by Faunus
True on both points. I'd be more inclined to give the duel to Yoda on account of his considerably superior Force prowess, which allowed Bane to dominate the vastly more skilled Kas'im, but it could probably go either way.

Probably. Though one wonders regarding the disparity...

Faunus
Between Yoda and Anoon? Or Bane and Kas'im?

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Gideon
If we're to take the omniscient narrator at his word, Yoda might not win the first round. Bondara's technical ability with a lightsaber is stated to be above Yoda's own -- though that doesn't guarentee him a victory in a lightsaber duel.

I think by the time of ROTS Yoda's saber skills surpasses Anoon's after all the battle experience he had in the clone wars such as versing Dooku.

Gideon
Between Yoda and Anoon? Or Bane and Kas'im?

Yoda and Anoon.

Faunus
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
I think by the time of ROTS Yoda's saber skills surpasses Anoon's after all the battle experience he had in the clone wars such as versusing Dooku. I doubt that three years and perhaps as many lightsaber duels is going to do much to the abilities of a nine hundred-year-old Jedi Master.
It's debatable, I guess, although there's nothing to suggest that the latter had any notable Force talents.

Elite Hunter
I doubt that three years and perhaps as many lightsaber duels is going to do much to the abilities of a nine hundred-year-old Jedi Master.
But he was much more active than his TPM self and the degree of skill that placed Anoon better than TPM Yoda is never specified. Anoon was unable to kill Maul but Yoda was able to force Dooku to retreat even when he was on Vjun. I have my doubts if Anoon could beat Dooku in a saber duel the way see Yoda force him to retreat twice.

Personally I think Anoon's lightsaber skill is somewhere around that of AOTC Dooku and Yoda. Though imo their ROTS counterparts would beat him.

Faunus
Combat prowess is governed as much by innate power and acquired mastery as it is by technical skill - maybe moreso. It is for this reason that Bane managed to fare so well against Kas'im, who otherwise possessed a tremendous advantage in dueling skill.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.