tpm qui gon vs ANH obi wan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Knightfa11
jedis arent normally known to fight each other, until it was known that qui gon used a sith ritual to capture his spirit in a vase. It was obvious that qui gonn knew sith teachings and had been holding out on the jedi. He inhabits one of the clones of himself he has hidden in the back of a dark lavatory in the basement of his home with six locks on it and a sign reading: beware of the rancore (my custom spin on a hitchhikers guide joke)

Obi wan looked in sorrow at his master. they fight with a passion that would not be seen untill episode III, when the past two movies were so crappy that very few people expected to see much in episode III, and even fewer went to see the movie.

The winner gets to be a gay hutt's slaveboy for a day (totally random and not very possitive reinforcement).

who wins?

Happy_Sith
TPM Qui Gon crushes ANH Kenobi.

And, that, my good chum, is all that there is to it.

Lord Knightfa11
could you maybe make an arguement or a point that would prove this? From visual evidence, obi wan, younger, and less unrefined jumped up and killed maul in .7 seconds, about 999 times shorter then it took qui gon to get killed by maul.

Happy_Sith
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
could you maybe make an arguement or a point that would prove this? From visual evidence, obi wan, younger, and less unrefined jumped up and killed maul in .7 seconds, about 999 times shorter then it took qui gon to get killed by maul.

First, you cannot "prove" that somebody wins in a fantasy fight.

Secondly, I will humor you;

In ANH (visual evidence) Kenobi looks like dog shit - is so bad that he barely has the strength to hold his saber up.

There we go: I hope that you are satisfied.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Happy_Sith

Secondly, I will humor you;

In ANH (visual evidence) Kenobi looks like dog shit - is so bad that he barely has the strength to hold his saber up.

There we go: I hope that you are satisfied.

Note that it is ANH Yoda that's being referred to in that quote, and by ANH Yoda probably is weaker than he was in ROTS. Anyways, I say Kenobi pretty much see the quote for my proof. Vader > Maul and Kenobi seemed close to him, Jinn lost to Maul.

Happy_Sith
Originally posted by darthsith19
Note that it is ANH Yoda that's being referred to in that quote, and by ANH Yoda probably is weaker than he was in ROTS. Anyways, I say Kenobi pretty much see the quote for my proof. Vader > Maul and Kenobi seemed close to him, Jinn lost to Maul.

I'll take visual evidence over a quote any day.

Lucas did not say that the ANH duel sucked because of the lack of technology, rather he said it sucked because Kenobi was an old man and Vader was a cripple.

Lucas has the final say on these things.

Lt. Valerian

GTFO of this forum, then.

Happy_Sith
Originally posted by Lt. Valerian
GTFO of this forum, then.
laughing out loud

Make me

I am all for star wars discussion, but "proving" that somebody wins a fantasy fight is beyond ridiculous.

Faunus
Guess you missed the part where this is the Star Wars Versus Forum. That's what the debates here are about.

Gideon
Originally posted by Faunus
Guess you missed the part where this is the Star Wars Versus Forum. That's what the debates here are about.

Easy, buddy. This is the age where George W. Bush somehow manage to get himself elected to the highest office of the most powerful nation in the world. Don't expect too much out of people.

Do we need to sedate you?

Happy_Sith
Originally posted by Faunus

It is where you speculate about imaginary battles.

Proof is not a word that belongs here.

Speculation, likelihood, chance etc are all fine.

But Proof?

laughing out loud

Faunus
Originally posted by Gideon
Easy, buddy. This is the age where George W. Bush somehow manage to get himself elected to the highest office of the most powerful nation in the world. Don't expect too much out of people.Twice. Which makes me glad I couldn't vote in either election.

And on that note, I've had Bushes(?) and Clintons heading my country my entire life - we need a black man.

Maybe later, when Starbuck responds. My online persona is getting angry, and I wouldn't want to get his ex-Ranger father ticked off, nuh-uh. He knows teh kanon.

Happy_Sith
Originally posted by Gideon
Easy, buddy. This is the age where George W. Bush somehow manage to get himself elected to the highest office of the most powerful nation in the world. Don't expect too much out of people.

Do we need to sedate you?

He got elected because his "God" wanted him to be president.

I guess you can prove things in imagination land.

OT God KO 1 Allah.

confused

Faunus
lmao

Lord Knightfa11
wow. talk about a quick off topic, and i meant aotc obi wan, not anh.

Lt. Valerian
laughing out loud

Make me

I am all for star wars discussion, but "proving" that somebody wins a fantasy fight is beyond ridiculous.

Although I was just kidding with the 'GTFO', I disagree. I can see your point, but, for example, there is no possible way someone of Yoda's caliber could lose against someone of TPM Obi-Wan's caliber in a pure, one-on-one fight in the plains of Dantooine. That's not speculation nor likelihood nor chance, that is fact. Period.

Or what, can you come up with a reasonable explanation as to how would he be able to defeat Yoda?

truejedi
Although I was just kidding with the 'GTFO', I disagree. I can see your point, but, for example, there is no possible way someone of Yoda's caliber could lose against someone of TPM Obi-Wan's caliber in a pure, one-on-one fight in the plains of Dantooine. That's not speculation nor likelihood nor chance, that is fact. Period.

Or what, can you come up with a reasonable explanation as to how would he be able to defeat Yoda?

there is always a chance. always. I mean, yoda could make a mistake. Its very possible that there is no way that Darth Maul could lose to somebody of TPM Obi-Wan's caliber either, but he did, because maul, i dunno, froze.

Faunus
Heart attack.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
wow. talk about a quick off topic, and i meant aotc obi wan, not anh.
Oh in that case, I say Qui-Gon... he was said to be one of the order's best swordsman, he rivaled TPM Mace Windu, dueled with Anoon Bondara every time he got the chance to, and the lightsaber master who instructed him as a padawan/youngling said that Jinn was the best saber wielder he'd ever taught. AOTC Kenobi is good but I don't think he is on Jinn's level. He is most likely below him with the Force, too. And Kenobi killed Maul by luck. But he may possibly beat Jinn in a pure saber duel if he plays his defense smartly.

Lt. Valerian
Originally posted by truejedi
there is always a chance. always. I mean, yoda could make a mistake. Its very possible that there is no way that Darth Maul could lose to somebody of TPM Obi-Wan's caliber either, but he did, because maul, i dunno, froze.

Take a look at the setting of the TPM fight. Now, take a look at the Dantooine plains. See the difference? Let me give you an example, if there had been no red-laser walls to separate Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, the fight could've turned out differently. If there had been no free-fall to the core, then the battle with Maul and Kenobi could have turned out differently. The setting can, as a matter of fact, change the outcome of the battle. That's why I picked a completely neutral setting, with no cliffs nor platforms, nor anything of the sort. Another setting like this would be the desert of Tatooine.

Another good example of this is the Senate, where Yoda and Sids fight. If the fight had taken place in the desert of Tatooine, you have absolutely no idea what would have happened, since they are equals.

Yoda and Kenobi are nothing close to equals.

If they fight in a neutral setting, where absolutely nothing affects their fighting skills and abilities, and where the environment is not a factor, Yoda would defeat Kenobi.

Lord Knightfa11
Another setting like this would be the desert of Tatooine.

Another good example of this is the Senate, where Yoda and Sids fight. If the fight had taken place in the desert of Tatooine, you have absolutely no idea what would have happened, since they are equals.

Yoda falls in the Almighty Sarlaac pit, scraping his nails painfully on one of the teeth as his cape flutters away.

Lt. Valerian
Right, how could I possibly not have thought about that? stick out tongue

Lord Knightfa11
because you are not the great and powerful knightfall big grin
dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.