Kenshin vs Yoda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

atv2
I don't know if there was ever a thread made on these two but I thought it would be an interesting match. Both of them are great swordsmen and they speak in a unique way. So here it is, The Great Wanderer Kenshin against the Grand Master Jedi Yoda. Which is greater , Kenshin's Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu or Yoda's Ataru?

Kenshin Himura

http://www.absoluteanime.com/rurouni_kenshin/kenshin.jpg

vs

Yoda

http://www.the-planets.com/star-biography/yoda_biography_3.jpg

What is your opinion on these two:

Kenshin triumphs, that he will? or Defeat Kenshin, he shall?
(Trying to use Kenshin's Gozaru with Yoda's Glactic Basic.)

Also to level things out, let''s give Yoda his own little vibrablade, seeing that his lightsaber can cut through steel.

leonheartmm
yoda wont even know what hit him.

HITEN MISTSURUGI RYUU JYUU KEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chickenlover98
Originally posted by atv2
I don't know if there was ever a thread made on these two but I thought it would be an interesting match. Both of them are great swordsmen and they speak in a unique way. So here it is, The Great Wanderer Kenshin against the Grand Master Jedi Yoda. Which is greater , Kenshin's Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu or Yoda's Ataru?

Kenshin Himura

http://www.absoluteanime.com/rurouni_kenshin/kenshin.jpg

vs

Yoda

http://www.the-planets.com/star-biography/yoda_biography_3.jpg

What is your opinion on these two:

Kenshin triumphs, that he will? or Defeat Kenshin, he shall?
(Trying to use Kenshin's Gozaru with Yoda's Glactic Basic.)

Also to level things out, let''s give Yoda his own little vibrablade, seeing that his lightsaber can cut through steel. hysterical

Dark-Jaxx
Yoda will DESTROY Kenshin, in ANY kind of fight, Yoda is faster than Kenshin, read some EU stuff, it shows you what SW characters are REALLY capable of. Yoda with a wave of his hand will annihilate Kenshin.

leonheartmm
no no no, he doesnt. kenshin is much fatser, has higher reflexes. etc. yoda wont even be able to see him.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by leonheartmm
no no no, he doesnt. kenshin is much fatser, has higher reflexes. etc. yoda wont even be able to see him. No, he really isn't, read some SW EU before you say that. Force speed gives you access to Mach speeds, and in the case of Luke and Sidious, the two greatest in SW, near lightspeed.

Yoda TKed a small mountain for God's sake, and tanked Sidious Force Lightning, which turned 3 Sith Acolytes powerful enough to resurrect Darth Maul into ash.

leonheartmm
sigh, forgive me for not caring much about star wars. always hated the franchise and only really watched the 6 movies. still, from everything ive seen in the movies, kenshin wins. his moves are beyond mach 1 at many points, plus, hiten mitsurugi ryuu made short work of a true giant who went up agains suijiro. and sojiro's speed is so fast that he looks like he is teleporting. while kenshin etc can easily jump as high as colossal cliffs and waterfalls etc.

chickenlover98
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
No, he really isn't, read some SW EU before you say that. Force speed gives you access to Mach speeds, and in the case of Luke and Sidious, the two greatest in SW, near lightspeed.

Yoda TKed a small mountain for God's sake, and tanked Sidious Force Lightning, which turned 3 Sith Acolytes powerful enough to resurrect Darth Maul into ash. i easily agree with you

Dark-Jaxx
sigh, forgive me for not caring much about star wars. always hated the franchise and only really watched the 6 movies. still, from everything ive seen in the movies, kenshin wins. his moves are beyond mach 1 at many points, plus, hiten mitsurugi ryuu made short work of a true giant who went up agains suijiro. and sojiro's speed is so fast that he looks like he is teleporting. while kenshin etc can easily jump as high as colossal cliffs and waterfalls etc. Yoda is one of the faster Jedi, and as such is somewhere between Mach and lightspeed, he could honestly raise his hand and put Kenshin in outer space.

Pyron_Knight
*enters thread*
*sees leonheartmm*
*leaves thread*

Blax_Hydralisk
Yoda is one of the faster Jedi, and as such is somewhere between Mach and lightspeed, he could honestly raise his hand and put Kenshin in outer space.

A clever, yet pretty 'effed up debating tactic this is.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
A clever, yet pretty 'effed up debating tactic this is. How so? On-panel weren't Luke and Sidious said to be moving at speeds rivaling light?

Alucard25
Yoda easily

Blax_Hydralisk
How so? On-panel weren't Luke and Sidious said to be moving at speeds rivaling light?

On-Panel, Dark Empire Luke and Sideous were moving so quickly that their movements were nothing more then a blur, almost invisible, to Leia. They were not moving at lightspeed and probably not even much faster then sound. Either way, they were both moving far faster then Yoda was in his fight with Sideous. I'd also like to see this scan that you're talking about that involves them moving at lightspeed.

Yoda would win this, probably pretty easily. But he can't move even clse to lightspeed.

Hoshi
that trash comics, i know they are kind of official, but i dont like to get my informations about the star wars universe from there. Just like i dont like to use the star wars animated saga.Come on, in the movies yoda had great difficult to lift lukes plane and had great difficult to lift that big chairs
that he threw on sidious.But in the animated saga yoda could lift entire spaceships like nothing, isnt it a little strange???

BetrayedUnicorn
yoda wont even know what hit him.

HITEN MISTSURUGI RYUU JYUU KEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

agreed. Happy Dance

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Hoshi
that trash comics, i know they are kind of official, but i dont like to get my informations about the star wars universe from there. Just like i dont like to use the star wars animated saga.Come on, in the movies yoda had great difficult to lift lukes plane and had great difficult to lift that big chairs
that he threw on sidious.But in the animated saga yoda could lift entire spaceships like nothing, isnt it a little strange???

Not really... no.

Dark-Jaxx
Yoda when he lifted Luke's ship was also 40 years out of practice, and those chairs where quite large and thrown en masse at great speed, but Yoda stopped them, spinned them, and sent them back.

JerseyMage
If Kenshin's willpower was strong enough, couldn't he resist force tk?

I think yodas best option is force lightning.

Blax_Hydralisk
No. The force isn't like the epic fail that is chakra and "TK" in Japan. Apparently in Japan supernatural powers can be beaten by being "mad enough". This is not the case in Star Wars.

You can not resist the force unless you can command the force yourself.

So... basically Yoda just crushes him with the force.

The end. No one in Samurai X or Naruto or even Bleach really could beat top-tier Star Wars characters unless they possess the three O's, though the possible exceptions would be those with illusion powers like Itachi's, or if they possess one of or dome of the three O's. I don't know too much about Aizen as I'm not done watching the series, but from what I've seen of his illusions, they're not strong enough to confuse a powerful enough force user for very long.

leonheartmm
there are people in both naruto and bleach who cud easily beat yoda. do remember that the force manifests as physical phenomenon and so does reitsu and chakra, so they can easily counter each other{not to mention that reistsu and chakra are much more flexivble than the force}.

oh and just for the record, aizen wud beat the SHIT out of yoda ,.

Blax_Hydralisk
The force is not "physical" at all, erm And no, two separate types of "energy" can not counter each other unless they are physical, like for example fire magic countering fire chakra or something along those lines.

The force is not physical though. And... Yoda isn't really top-tier in the Star Wars universe. Well... he's up there, but he's not even in the top five really.

Dark-Jaxx
The Force is MUCH more versatile and flexible than Reitsu or Chakra.

It can be used to enhance speed, use TK strong enough to lift fleets or pull Star Destroyers from orbit, shoot lightning, open Wormholes, eat the life on planets, mindrape, produce concussive blasts, and much more.

leonheartmm
^all feats excluded from the movies. in the movies it is SUPPOSED to be godlike but has seen little usage.

and chakra so far has translated in to tranforming into all king of elements, concusive force, telepathy, illusion casting, healing, enhancing all senses and physical performance, creating and sealing elements and magic, sealing souls, creating space warps, causing chaos, turning into poison for cells etc etc etc

Blax_Hydralisk
The force has done all of that, as well as rape entire planets. Nihilius exterminated an entire planets population in a matter of minutes with the force. Pein's penultimate plan is to get all of the demons and combine there power, which will create a bomb powerful enough to... kill everyone on one continent? The combined power of the most powerful entities in the Naruto-verse are only strong enough to... bust a continent? Sideous snapped his fingers and instantly annihilated over a hundred thousand people, at least, as well as teleported Luke across the Galaxy instantly with a force storm attack.

Chakra simply can not compare. Sideous, Nihilus, NJO Luke... they would solo Akatsutski, all of the Hokage, the Sanin, and most of Konoha's military in a matter of hours really.

SHM
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
The force has done all of that, as well as rape entire planets. Nihilius exterminated an entire planets population in a matter of minutes with the force. Pein's penultimate plan is to get all of the demons and combine there power, which will create a bomb powerful enough to... kill everyone on one continent? The combined power of the most powerful entities in the Naruto-verse are only strong enough to... bust a continent? Sideous snapped his fingers and instantly annihilated over a hundred thousand people, at least, as well as teleported Luke across the Galaxy instantly with a force storm attack.

Chakra simply can not compare. Sideous, Nihilus, NJO Luke... they would solo Akatsutski, all of the Hokage, the Sanin, and most of Konoha's military in a matter of hours really.

IIRC Nihilus was killing planets by absorbing the Force out of them. His power wouldn't work on a planet of another universe/dimension, simply because the planet wouldn't be connected to the Force in the first place.

Blax_Hydralisk
But the planet itself was raped as well. In the illustration of it, entire buildings were destroyed and the ground itself had deep trnches ripped into them.

I think you're correct, though. The only reason that may have happened is because everything in the Star Wars universe is surrounded by the force, so everything is affected by it.

Dark-Jaxx
Shit, Nihilus would rape all you mentioned with TK alone.

Nihilus' power was causing eruptions, crushing buildings, and from what I hear even flaying the planet's inhabitants alive.

leonheartmm
sigh, these are all feats that didnt happen in the MOVIES! my goodness, OFCOURSE the force binds galaxies and the universe as a whole in the EXTENDED star wars universe {i.e. games/graphic novels etc etc}, but looking at the MOVIES it doesnt do much compared to chakra, which is what im concentrating on anyhow. also.tobi's ultimate jutsu can be used again and again, probably endlessly to destro continents. plus madara's power is possibly even greater than pain's jutsu.

Blax_Hydralisk
Who cares about the movies? The movies and the EU are both canon, so it doesn't matter if they're not in the movies. The movies only cover 2% maybe of Star Wars history. That's like me saying that you should only use feats from the first Naruto, not Shippuden. Makes no sense.

SHM
Nihilus' power was causing eruptions, crushing buildings, and from what I hear even flaying the planet's inhabitants alive.

A power completely useless in any universe that isn't Star Wars. As explained in the two posts above yours.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by SHM
A power completely useless in any universe that isn't Star Wars. As explained in the two posts above yours. It can't do the killing effect, why the hell wouldn't it be able to cause the destruction though?

Oh, and Leon, EU is canon, so deal with it.

Dark-Jaxx
Oh and before I forget we do see some truly uber feats in the movies as well, In RotS Anakin used the Force to help land a giant ship that was ripped in half.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.