Some parents really need to whoop their kids' ass.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
So earlier today, I took my daughter, Madison, with me to go and pick up my weekly paycheck. After I deposited my money in the bank, I decided that we should go to McDonald's for lunch. We order our meals and sit down to eat, when suddenly a little black boy, probably about 3 years old, walks up and sits down at our table with us. I laugh, since he was cute little tyke, and I found it humorous that he would just come a sit down like that. My daughter is playing with her toy she got out of her Happy Meal I bought her, when all of a sudden, the little boy snatches her toy out of her hands and runs off. Well, Madison began to cry because her toy got stolen, and I stood up and walked over to the kid and calmly took back the toy that he stole and I said to him, "This doesn't belong to you, son. You have to give it back."

Well folks, the shit hit the fan. This little bastard began to, literally, scream, cry, jump up and down, roll on the floor, and beat his fists. He acted like I had just beat him with a belt and screamed at him. Naturally, his mother walked over, concerned, and asked me, in a rude voice, "What the hell did you do to my boy?!?" I explained to her that her son stole my child's toy and ran away and I took it back. She immediately became unglued. "Why the hell did you do that!! You could have just as easily went back to the counter and asked for another toy! Now you got him all worked up and crying, and now I'll have to deal with this horseshit!" I told her that, maybe, if you would beat his little ass now and again, instead of letting him act like a damn heathen, he probably wouldn't act like this! All the while we are in this argument, the little shit is still on the floor screaming and crying.

She then proceeded to call me "White-ass" and "Racist" because, evidently, I wouldn't have done this were it another white child involved. I was a rude motherf*cker, and I was mean to her child. The manager came out and intervened. I explained to her what happened and I received a refund of my meal, and the b*tchy mom ans her little failed abortion were asked to leave.

Some parents just need to whoop their kids' ass every now and then. I discipline my child, and she is well behaved and courteous as a result. I just thought I'd let you guys know about this little incident, since it was the high point of my day.

Phucked Up
Originally posted by Impediment
So earlier today, I took my daughter, Madison, with me to go and pick up my weekly paycheck. After I deposited my money in the bank, I decided that we should go to McDonald's for lunch. We order our meals and sit down to eat, when suddenly a little black boy, probably about 3 years old, walks up and sits down at our table with us. I laugh, since he was cute little tyke, and I found it humorous that he would just come a sit down like that. My daughter is playing with her toy she got out of her Happy Meal I bought her, when all of a sudden, the little boy snatches her toy out of her hands and runs off. Well, Madison began to cry because her toy got stolen, and I stood up and walked over to the kid and calmly took back the toy that he stole and I said to him, "This doesn't belong to you, son. You have to give it back."

Well folks, the shit hit the fan. This little bastard began to, literally, scream, cry, jump up and down, roll on the floor, and beat his fists. He acted like I had just beat him with a belt and screamed at him. Naturally, his mother walked over, concerned, and asked me, in a rude voice, "What the hell did you do to my boy?!?" I explained to her that her son stole my child's toy and ran away and I took it back. She immediately became unglued. "Why the hell did you do that!! You could have just as easily went back to the counter and asked for another toy! Now you got him all worked up and crying, and now I'll have to deal with this horseshit!" I told her that, maybe, if you would beat his little ass now and again, instead of letting him act like a damn heathen, he probably wouldn't act like this! All the while we are in this argument, the little shit is still on the floor screaming and crying.

She then proceeded to call me "White-ass" and "Racist" because, evidently, I wouldn't have done this were it another white child involved. I was a rude motherf*cker, and I was mean to her child. The manager came out and intervened. I explained to her what happened and I received a refund of my meal, and the b*tchy mom ans her little failed abortion were asked to leave.

Some parents just need to whoop their kids' ass every now and then. I discipline my child, and she is well behaved and courteous as a result. I just thought I'd let you guys know about this little incident, since it was the high point of my day.

And what would that teach her kid if you let him keep the toy he stole and just got yourself a replacement? It would teach him that stealing is perfectly fine.

F*cking b*tch needs to learn how to be a good mother.

Bardock42

Some parents just need to whoop their kids' ass every now and then. I discipline my child, and she is well behaved and courteous as a result. I just thought I'd let you guys know about this little incident, since it was the high point of my day. Haha, I agree, not necessarily with the beating, but parents should try to control their kids more. They are still partially responsible for their actions.

Mairuzu
foxmeister ?

Selphie
Times like these, you sure could go for a rusty coat hanger.

chillmeistergen
You can teach a child right and wrong without using violence. It seems rather hypocritical to me, teaching them values by knocking them about just enough to not leave a mark.

Impediment
Originally posted by Bardock42
Haha, I agree, not necessarily with the beating, but parents should try to control their kids more. They are still partially responsible for their actions.

Well, when I say "beating", I'm not talking about with leather belt and wooden spoons, but I do, however, spank my child with my open palm on her little bottom. Usually, if I dont swat her, she sits in the corner.

McLovin
What a little niglet.

You shoulda smacked his ass.

eeejit
i dont think you should of said anything to the kids mother erm just tell her what happened, apologize, and no fuss.

Neo Darkhalen

Agreed, but damn.

Impediment
Originally posted by eeejit
i dont think you should of said anything to the kids mother erm just tell her what happened, apologize, and no fuss.

Yeah.

Right.

no expression

Phucked Up
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
You can teach a child right and wrong without using violence. It seems rather hypocritical to me, teaching them values by knocking them about just enough to not leave a mark.

Not with my nieces and nephews, you have to spank them before it sinks in that what they did was bad. We tried the non-"violent" approach and they would go right back to doing the wrong thing. If you tell them to not do that and they continue doing it, you give them a wallop on their hind end they will whimper for a minute and then you explain to them why you did what they did. They then learn their lesson.

Mairuzu
**** mcdonalds

Mairuzu
shoulda gone to Wendy's 131

Impediment

And what the hell would I be teaching my child if I didn't discipline her? I do not, nor have I ever, used "violence" on my child. It really pisses me off when people, especially those who are not parents, criticize other parents on their tactics as if they, themselves, know how to raise a child.

You can offer me advice when you are a parent. Until then, save your inane comments.

Phucked Up

That wouldn't have done anything. no expression

Yoshi Paradise

Wow, that's messed up.

What's worse is that there are more people like that in this world.

Scythe
Originally posted by Selphie
Times like these, you sure could go for a rusty coat hanger.

Brutally perfect.

eeejit
Originally posted by Phucked Up
That wouldn't have done anything. no expression i meant he should of gone crazy with a chainsaw no expression

Phucked Up
i meant he should of gone crazy with a chainsaw no expression

McDonald's doesn't have a fresh supply of those.

Mairuzu
Maybe when bob the builder toys were out

Bardock42
And what the hell would I be teaching my child if I didn't discipline her? I do not, nor have I ever, used "violence" on my child. It really pisses me off when people, especially those who are not parents, criticize other parents on their tactics as if they, themselves, know how to raise a child.

You can offer me advice when you are a parent. Until then, save your inane comments. That's bullshit though. I understand that you don't want to be critiziced and I agree with you that disciplining a child is a viable way of parenting, but this elitism is just bullshit. If you can't explain something unless this and that happened, it's likely not true. If you have arguments applying to everything and everyone I am sure chill will listen.

chillmeistergen

You can offer me advice when you are a parent. Until then, save your inane comments.

I was a child, and I was never once ''spanked''.

I'm not criticising you, you have every right to do it, I'm just voicing my opinion. I also know how I would raise a child and what I would and wouldn't do, I'm sure you'd have no problem with me taking your side of this rather tired debate, despite the fact I'm not a father.

eeejit
McDonald's doesn't have a fresh supply of those. should carry his own just in case, i always have a chainsaw or two on me if i ever need to go crazy in mcdonalds after some kid steal my toy.

i like the toy no expression

Impediment
That's bullshit though. I understand that you don't want to be critiziced and I agree with you that disciplining a child is a viable way of parenting, but this elitism is just bullshit. If you can't explain something unless this and that happened, it's likely not true. If you have arguments applying to everything and everyone I am sure chill will listen.

Fair enough. I just get really offended when people call it "violence". I disagree with that logic.

Phucked Up
I was a child, and I was never once ''spanked''.

Maybe that's why you act like an assh*le all the time. shrug

Impediment
Guaranteed 9 times out of 10, a good swat on the ass will work better than a "time out". It's also important, however, to explain to your child why they were punished and make sure that they understand.

Mairuzu
If that kid isnt the demons

i dont know what is

chillmeistergen
Maybe that's why you act like an assh*le all the time. shrug

Maybe, though there are plenty of people who don't think I act like an ******* all of the time.

Phucked Up
Guaranteed 9 times out of 10, a good swat on the ass will work better than a "time out". It's also important, however, to explain to your child why they were punished and make sure that they understand.

What will happen when they get into some beef with another kid at school? Will the other kid tell them to go sit in a corner and think about what they did? No, the other kid's gonna try to beat his/her ass.

chillmeistergen
What will happen when they get into some beef with another kid at school? Will the other kid tell them to go sit in a corner and think about what they did? No, the other kid's gonna try to beat his/her ass.

You want your kid to learn to respond violently to antagonism, through you beating them?

Impediment
As a child in elementary school, my mom and dad gave all of my teachers full permission to swat me on the behind if I ever got out of line. If, in fact, my teacher did swat me, my parents would be informed of the incident and then I would be swatted at home again. My mom and dad always explained to me why I was swatted and how to avoid it happening again in the future. Not that I listened much. stick out tongue

Bardock42
As a child in elementary school, my mom and dad gave all of my teachers full permission to swat me on the behind if I ever got out of line. If, in fact, my teacher did swat me, my parents would be informed of the incident and then I would be swatted at home again. My mom and dad always explained to me why I was swatted and how to avoid it happening again in the future. Not that I listened much. stick out tongue That I kinda find wrong.

Bardock42
What will happen when they get into some beef with another kid at school? Will the other kid tell them to go sit in a corner and think about what they did? No, the other kid's gonna try to beat his/her ass. Did that make any sense in your head?

Impediment
You want your kid to learn to respond violently to antagonism, through you beating them?

Once again, you're associating discipline with violence.

A swat on the behind and a discussion afterwards is discipline.

Beating your child with a leather belt and then keeping them out of school for 4 days until the bruises heal is child abuse.

If you merely explain to your child, "Don't jump on the bed or you'll fall off and hurt your head" 5 times or more, and do nothing else, what will happen? The child will fall off of the bed, hurt their head, or worse, and have to have medical attention.

If you tell your child more than twice to stop jumping on the bed, and then swat their behind, I guarantee you they wont do it again. You do it for their safety.

Impediment
That I kinda find wrong.

Why? I was never bruised, and I wasn't overly disciplined. I became the well adjusted individual I am today.

Bardock42

Beating your child with a leather belt and then keeping them out of school for 4 days until the bruises heal is child abuse.

If you merely explain to your child, "Don't jump on the bed or you'll fall off and hurt your head" 5 times or more, and do nothing else, what will happen? The child will fall off of the bed, hurt their head, or worse, and have to have medical attention.

If you tell your child more than twice to stop jumping on the bed, and then swat their behind, I guarantee you they wont do it again. You do it for their safety. Actually in this case it was Ken, I'd say. He implied that spanking your child will prepare them for being beaten up by school bullies. Maybe I misunderstood the implications though.

Mairuzu
My little brothers and sisters don't get disciplined and they run a muck

Bardock42
Why? I was never bruised, and I wasn't overly disciplined. I became the well adjusted individual I am today. Sure, I just think that the parents should give that kind of power to other people.

chillmeistergen

If you tell your child more than twice to stop jumping on the bed, and then swat their behind, I guarantee you they wont do it again. You do it for their safety.

Did you take into account the post I replied to, at all? Or, do you just think that every post I type is directed specifically at your personal parenting techniques?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Mairuzu
My little brothers and sisters don't get disciplined and they run a muck Amok.

Phucked Up

No, I want my kid to know that other people will not act passively.

Mairuzu
Amok. http://soluciones.solucionesytrucos.org/pokedex/muk.gif ?

Impediment
Did you take into account the post I replied to, at all? Or, do you just think that every post I type is directed specifically at your personal parenting techniques?

I took everything you said into account. You used the phrase "beating them." You're associating discipline with violence. There is a big difference between a "swatting" and a "beating".

FoxMeister
When i was a kid (yes.... was) if i acted out of line, which i rarely did, i would get a quick smack round the head and a telling off.

Taught me well. I thank my parents for it awehuh

chillmeistergen
No, I want my kid to know that other people will not act passively.

I'm sure they'd know that anyway, unless they're completely stupid.

How do you think people who weren't spanked as children come to realise this?

Bardock42
I took everything you said into account. You used the phrase "beating them." You're associating discipline with violence. There is a big difference between a "swatting" and a "beating".

Dude...look at your thread title.

Mairuzu
Sure, I just think that the parents should give that kind of power to other people. They did

Mairuzu
Originally posted by FoxMeister
When i was a kid (yes.... was) if i acted out of line, which i rarely did, i would get a quick smack round the head and a telling off.

Taught me well. I thank my parents for it awehuh didn't work

Bardock42
They did

Yeah, sorry, meant "shouldn't".

FoxMeister
didn't work
aweshock I am well behaved and hard working

Mairuzu
Dude...look at your thread title. Beat their kids "ass"

Phucked Up
Actually in this case it was Ken, I'd say. He implied that spanking your child will prepare them for being beaten up by school bullies. Maybe I misunderstood the implications though.

You misunderstood me.

Impediment

To say that a small child is "stupid" because they cannot make a rational choice when it comes to schoolyard violence is wrong. They don't have the sense enough to know.

Bardock42
You misunderstood me. Elaborate, please?

Beat their kids "ass" Yeah, beating.

Mairuzu
Obviously from what hes saying now it was just a figure of speech

Impediment
I should have used a different word. dur

Mairuzu
awesome

Phucked Up

How do you think people who weren't spanked as children come to realise this?

By getting their ass kicked thoroughly.

If all parents would discipline their children, though, we might not have to worry about "violence" in school. If the kids are reared right they will know not to cause trouble that will get them in arguments with others that may escalate to a fight.

Troop
Why? I was never bruised, and I wasn't overly disciplined. I became the well adjusted individual I am today.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=473549
?

chillmeistergen
To say that a small child is "stupid" because they cannot make a rational choice when it comes to schoolyard violence is wrong. They don't have the sense enough to know.

What is the rational choice? There's a huge difference in parenting styles, are you saying there is an objective rational and good one?

Personally, I was taught about violence and its repercussions through discussions and being asked my opinion, that held me in pretty good stead.

FoxMeister
Originally posted by Troop
?
Low blow

Impediment
Low blow

Not to me, it isn't. I don't know him and he doesn't know me.

Bardock42
I should have used a different word. dur Nah, it was the correct word. Just as it was correct when chill used it.

By getting their ass kicked thoroughly.

If all parents would discipline their children, though, we might not have to worry about "violence" in school. If the kids are reared right they will know not to cause trouble that will get them in arguments with others that may escalate to a fight. Makes more sense, though obviously not what you were saying. But the point is children need to be more disciplined it doesn't mean they need a slap, the teaching method is irrelevant, the outcome is important.

FoxMeister
Cool, awesome

Impediment
Nah, it was the correct word. Just as it was correct when chill used it.

You're still associating the wrong words together, in my opinion.

Troop
Low blow Wasn't meant to be.

Bardock42
? Doesn't that just prove true what he said. He had the sense to realize when something was wrong, many people never do. And he strikes me as generally rational.

ScarletSpeed

ignore that little f\/cking troll mad

Yeah anyway I agree with you when you say that parents need to start taking control, over here in Scotland kids just do what they want, little shits they may be but it is definitely the parents fault

Bardock42
You're still associating the wrong words together, in my opinion. I don't think so. Your objection to the word beating is noted though.

FoxMeister
Impediment is the goddman nicest guy i first met on KMC

ScarletSpeed
Wasn't meant to be.

what was it meant to be then ?

Phucked Up
Nah, it was the correct word. Just as it was correct when chill used it.

Makes more sense, though obviously not what you were saying. But the point is children need to be more disciplined it doesn't mean they need a slap, the teaching method is irrelevant, the outcome is important.

What you're missing in all of this, is that when other methods of discipline don't work, that's when you give the kid a swat on the butt. I don't believe Matt ever stated that he uses spankings as the first and foremost means of getting his child to act properly.

With some kids, maybe they can learn to be better people by sitting in a corner or having a stern talking to, but not all kids will be the same. Sometimes you will have to resort to a little spanking.

Impediment
Doesn't that just prove true what he said. He had the sense to realize when something was wrong, many people never do. And he strikes me as generally rational.

Oh, you. eyes

Troop
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
what was it meant to be then ? OK take it as you like. awesome

Troop
ignore that little f\/cking troll mad

laughing out loud Thanks for getting mad.

Piggle Humsy
And what would that teach her kid if you let him keep the toy he stole and just got yourself a replacement? It would teach him that stealing is perfectly fine.

F*cking b*tch needs to learn how to be a good mother.

Yeah exactly, stupid woman.

Haha, I agree, not necessarily with the beating, but parents should try to control their kids more. They are still partially responsible for their actions.

Yes I don't agree with smacking kids either.

FoxMeister
OK take it as you like. awesome
You joined 4 days ago and ur Senior Member.... awehuhs

Lies

Troop
You joined 4 days ago and ur Senior Member.... awehuhs

Lies It doesn't take long to be one.

Bardock42
What you're missing in all of this, is that when other methods of discipline don't work, that's when you give the kid a swat on the butt. I don't believe Matt ever stated that he uses spankings as the first and foremost means of getting his child to act properly.

With some kids, maybe they can learn to be better people by sitting in a corner or having a stern talking to, but not all kids will be the same. Sometimes you will have to resort to a little spanking. What you are missing in all of this is that I already stated I don't object to physical disciplining.
Oh, you. eyes

You've got pretty eyes.

Impediment

With some kids, maybe they can learn to be better people by sitting in a corner or having a stern talking to, but not all kids will be the same. Sometimes you will have to resort to a little spanking.

Generally, when Madison is acting up my first action is a warning. "Stop doing that."

If that doesn't work, then I use the warning again, this time with an ultimatum. "Stop that or I'm going to spank you!"

And if that still doesn't work, it's time for a spanking on the bottom with an open palm. Not a "beating". Usually, I spank her with her clothes on, and not bare-bottomed.

FoxMeister
It doesn't take long to be one.
awehuh Lies

ScarletSpeed
OK take it as you like. awesome

You still didn't answer the question though?

Troop
awehuh Lies You found me out!! awesome

FoxMeister
You still didn't answer the question though? Originally posted by Troop
You found me out!! awesome

Troop
You still didn't answer the question though? OK it was a low blow if it makes you happy, I didn't really think about it but I'm glad I did it.

Happy? eek!

Impediment
I give less than a shit.

Troop
I give less than a shit. I know, thats why I am responding to the other guy.

Bardock42
Yeah, Imp doesn't mind, can we move on. We had a fun debate going, jee.

Storm
Generally, when Madison is acting up my first action is a warning. "Stop doing that."

If that doesn't work, then I use the warning again, this time with an ultimatum. "Stop that or I'm going to spank you!"

And if that still doesn't work, it's time for a spanking on the bottom with an open palm. Not a "beating". Usually, I spank her with her clothes on, and not bare-bottomed.
You skipped a few steps: the time-out and removal of privileges such as no TV, early bedtime, removal of a favourite toy, ...

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

Yoshi Paradise
OK it was a low blow if it makes you happy, I didn't really think about it but I'm glad I did it.

Happy? eek!

mmm

FoxMeister
I got sent to my room once.... Never again awehuhs

Neo Darkhalen

Correct being firm is not the same as being violent, firm is just a tap or something of that caliber it only hurts for a little bit.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Storm
You skipped a few steps: the time-out and removal of privileges such as no TV, early bedtime, removal of a favourite toy, ...

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam. They are not necessary. It's all in how you look at it. No TV might be worse than a swift slap, really.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Correct being firm is not the same as being violent, firm is just a tap or something of that caliber it only hurts for a little bit. caliber

Troop
Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
mmm What are you thinking son?

Impediment

No "steps" involved, in my opinion. I've tried that on many occasions, and sometimes they are futile. They only thing that I can really use against her is threatening to not let her get on noggin.com. She loves to play on the computer on the Noggin network.

Generally, the scenario I gave is for when we are not at our house. i.e., public, someone else's house, etc.

Robtard
They are not necessary. It's all in how you look at it. No TV might be worse than a swift slap, really.

I have to agree there, my daughter couldn't stand not watching Dora The Explora or not going to one of her online sites.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Robtard
I have to agree there, my daughter couldn't stand not watching Dora The Explora or not going to one of her online sites. See, see, the childless German knows shit about kids. Woo

ScarletSpeed
OK it was a low blow if it makes you happy, I didn't really think about it but I'm glad I did it.

Happy? eek!

why yes I am, how are you? confused

Troop
why yes I am, how are you? confused Not really.

Impediment
See, see, the childless German knows shit about kids. Woo

w00t

Mairuzu
i beat piggle when she misbehaves 131

Storm
They are not necessary. It's all in how you look at it. No TV might be worse than a swift slap, really.
I do not believe spanking is a good form of discipline, and those are effective disciplinary tools without having to resort to a slap.

Most parents probably at least once told their child that hitting is not acceptable, then hitting your child yourself sends a confusing and contradictory message.

Piggle Humsy
i beat piggle when she misbehaves 131

I like a good spanking 131

Phucked Up

Agreed on all but the TV one.

Personally my kids will not have their own TV or be allowed to watch much TV in the first place. When I was growing up, it was called playing outside and socializing, kids nowadays are too sheltered and spoiled.

Phucked Up
Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
I like a good spanking 131

Cause you're dirty. awesome

Neo Darkhalen
Agreed on all but the TV one.

Personally my kids will not have their own TV or be allowed to watch much TV in the first place. When I was growing up, it was called playing outside and socializing, kids nowadays are too sheltered and spoiled.

And the world moves on and advances, technology has changed a great deal.

Bardock42
I do not believe spanking is a good form of discipline, and those are effective disciplinary tools without having to resort to a slap.

Most parents probably at least once told their child that hitting is not acceptable, then hitting your child yourself sends a confusing and contradictory message.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam. Well, personally I don't think children are little computers that have to be fed in 01 form. Also, every parent that told their child that hitting is categorically wrong is flat out a moron.

Phucked Up
And the world moves on and advances, technology has changed a great deal.

The world moves on, but kids then lack certain social skills.

Piggle Humsy
Cause you're dirty. awesome

Indeed 131

Neo Darkhalen
The world moves on, but kids then lack certain social skills.

Agreed, however it seems the world is less secure then what it once was, people are always fretting about drug addicts, murders paedophiles and the like, way back when those fears were not as high.

eeejit
i was spanked and i turned out a fine individual imo smile

Impediment

Not as long as the parent does the right thing and explain to the child why they were punished, and, of course, raise them with the good sense that hitting others is not acceptable, if you ask me. I'm of the opinion that a swat/spank on the behind is far from violent or a form of sending contradictory messages.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
I like a good spanking 131 Your sig tells all 313

Bardock42
i was spanked and i turned out a fine individual imo smile You so weren't.

FoxMeister
Spanked by sheep awehuh

ScarletSpeed
You so weren't.

Yeah, he wasn't spanked as a child and now look how fecked up he turned out, Impediment must be right laughing out loud

Impediment
When I worked for the prison system as a correctional officer, I had a lot of inmates tell me that they wished their parents had spanked them, then maybe they would have learned their lesson and might not have ended up in the inside.

Phucked Up
Agreed, however it seems the world is less secure then what it once was, people are always fretting about drug addicts, murders paedophiles and the like, way back when those fears were not as high.

The world is a higher risk place to live nowadays, but there are still ways for the children to go out and have fun with friends without needing to worry about drug dealers or pedobear. I was a kid only a short time ago, these problems were still rampant and I was able to go hang out with friends or go for long bike rides around town. We weren't stupid, we knew to stay away from shady people and to always be quizzical about those who are too nice.

Bardock42
When I worked for the prison system as a correctional officer, I had a lot of inmates tell me that they wished their parents had spanked them, then maybe they would have learned their lesson and might not have ended up in the inside. Which is an interesting debate all in itself actually. "How far are criminals really to blame for their actions?"

Bardock42
The world is a higher risk place to live nowadays, but there are still ways for the children to go out and have fun with friends without needing to worry about drug dealers or pedobear. I was a kid only a short time ago, these problems were still rampant and I was able to go hang out with friends or go for long bike rides around town. We weren't stupid, we knew to stay away from shady people and to always be quizzical about those who are too nice. I wonder how much safer the world really is. Or whether that's just the gloom outlook every generation has about their own time. I mean the "a paradise 60 yyears ago" seems to be a common theme throughout history anyways.

Phucked Up
Which is an interesting debate all in itself actually. "How far are criminals really to blame for their actions?"

Fully...no matter what, it's still their actions that send them to jail/prison.

Da Pittman

Some parents just need to whoop their kids' ass every now and then. I discipline my child, and she is well behaved and courteous as a result. I just thought I'd let you guys know about this little incident, since it was the high point of my day. Sounds like the mother needs a good beating too wink

Phucked Up
I wonder how much safer the world really is. Or whether that's just the gloom outlook every generation has about their own time. I mean the "a paradise 60 yyears ago" seems to be a common theme throughout history anyways.

It's probably not too much different than it was 50 years ago, TV just makes you want to believe it is.

Bardock42
Fully...no matter what, it's still their actions that send them to jail/prison. Sure, but how far could they control their actions? Personally I am of the opinion that the punishment aspect of the law is bullshit anyways, and in the protection one the question really doesn't pose itself. But I guess it's philosophical anyways.

Phucked Up
Sure, but how far could they control their actions?

How do you mean?

Impediment
Sure, but how far could they control their actions?

Are you referring to drug addicts and/or pedophiles?

ScarletSpeed
How do you mean?

I think he means that their parents have mind ****ed them beyond repair and they basically can't tell right from wrong, so if it is all psychological then they have no control over their actions.

Drug addict and Pedophiles...ehh, Drug addicts I feel bad for, now Drug "dealers" know what they are doing and there is nothing phsychological there, the pedophile thing is also phsychological but IMO that justifies feck all

Bardock42
How do you mean? Well, you could argue philosophically that they were determined to do what they did due to their upbringing etc. And then you could argue that already misfortunate people get punished on top of it.

Bardock42
Are you referring to drug addicts and/or pedophiles? Nah, everyone basically. Though those are specific examples that make it more clear. Though there are pedophiles that are quite able to control themselves and you could argue that the first hit is free choice for any addict.

Phucked Up
Well, you could argue philosophically that they were determined to do what they did due to their upbringing etc. And then you could argue that already misfortunate people get punished on top of it.

I'm not going to lie and say that if a child is brought up right they won't end up in prison, but I would say that those brought up wrong will have the higher percentage in prisons.

The parents ****ed them over, but once you're of a certain age, free will takes over and it's up to you to make the right choices.

Bardock42
I'm not going to lie and say that if a child is brought up right they won't end up in prison, but I would say that those brought up wrong will have the higher percentage in prisons.

The parents ****ed them over, but once you're of a certain age, free will takes over and it's up to you to make the right choices.

Well, that's the point though, that's the way our system says it, once you are 18 it's your problem. Thing though is, you don't magically get unscrewed on your 18s birthday in real life.

I am talking purely hypothetical by the way, I am of the opinion that it doesn't matter...just saying it's an interesting debate.

Phucked Up
Well, that's the point though, that's the way our system says it, once you are 18 it's your problem. Thing though is, you don't magically get unscrewed on your 18s birthday in real life.

I am talking purely hypothetical by the way, I am of the opinion that it doesn't matter...just saying it's an interesting debate.

I'm not saying you get fixed on your 18th birthday either, but once you're thrust into "real life" and feel the consequences of your actions more, I would think that would help dissuade you from doing what is wrong.

Impediment
All this could be avoided by a smack on the ass. 131

Bardock42
I'm not saying you get fixed on your 18th birthday either, but once you're thrust into "real life" and feel the consequences of your actions more, I would think that would help dissuade you from doing what is wrong. Thing though is that you likely have a better life doing illegal stuff right up until you get caught.

Phucked Up
Thing though is that you likely have a better life doing illegal stuff right up until you get caught.

For some, however it's more likely your life is worse off. I'm not talking out of my ass here, I've known people who do illegal activities and they live(d) in constant paranoia and usually they were poor because they would waste whatever money they made from their activities on drugs or other things.

Bardock42
For some, however it's more likely your life is worse off. I'm not talking out of my ass here, I've known people who do illegal activities and they live(d) in constant paranoia and usually they were poor because they would waste whatever money they made from their activities on drugs or other things.

Then the question is why they are not realizing that. Which might be traced back to upbringing.

Phucked Up
Then the question is why they are not realizing that. Which might be traced back to upbringing.

Or it could be traced back to missing brain cells from said drug use.

Impediment
Too many Flintstones vitamins as a kid. yes

Bardock42
Or it could be traced back to missing brain cells from said drug use. Indeed.

Neo Darkhalen
Anyway good for you Imp.

Impediment
I feel sorry for that mother who has to put up with that shit. How any parent can let their kid behave like that is beyond me.

Bardock42
I feel sorry for that mother who has to put up with that shit. How any parent can let their kid behave like that is beyond me.

That's also an interesting question. How much could the parent have influenced that. And how much was she just unlucky with the little wanker she spat out.

Impediment
"Children are smarter than any of us. Know how I know that? I don't know one child with a full time job and children." -Bill Hicks

Bardock42
"Children are smarter than any of us. Know how I know that? I don't know one child with a full time job and children." -Bill Hicks

Bill Hicks had some great pieces on children.

Impediment
That's also an interesting question. How much could the parent have influenced that. And how much was she just unlucky with the little wanker she spat out.

I envision that little stain as a future inmate. I wonder how he'll be talking to his mom eventually.

Kelly_Bean

That's why I believe in spanking (to a certain extent). I'm no expert at children but in my opinion a lot of children grow up and turn out better than those who do not get spanked 99% of the time. Again, just an opinion.

By the way it was not only the child that needed to have some discipline, it was the woman also. She sounds like a real idiot.

Toku King

It sounds like the mother is just as bad. It's not just the kid that needs to get beaten.....

Peach
?

Wooo, ignorance.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>