GL Hal Jordan vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snoopdogg
Now shoot me if this one has been done but I searched and did not come up with anything. But who do you guys think will prevail the mighty Silver Surfer or arguably the most powerful GL of all time Hal Jordan. Surfer did take out a untrained Kyle Rayner but Hal is on a whole different level than Kyle is or was even at that time. Tough battle I dont have a answer yet I just wanna hear some professional opions first.

the Darkone
It will be a close fight, SS is more powerful than Hal and more skilled. Hal has more will power and balls than any gl member ever. SS is to powerful he can absorb Hal Jordan powers or unleashed his full power of cosmic on him and blast his a$$ back to the afterlife permanently. Silver surfer will win everytime he see's Hal.

Silver surfeer 8/10

jrodslam
They negate each other. Stalemate. We arent quite sure SS can absorb GL's powers on his own, so that wouldnt be an accurate statement. In the crossover, Kyle GAVE SS energy. But when they fought eachother, SS didnt or couldnt absorb any or Kyles power. 50/50 on the victor.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by jrodslam
They negate each other. Stalemate. We arent quite sure SS can absorb GL's powers on his own, so that wouldnt be an accurate statement. In the crossover, Kyle GAVE SS energy. But when they fought eachother, SS didnt or couldnt absorb any or Kyles power. 50/50 on the victor. I see where you are coming from there. GL did give Surfer his power on his own will. Surfer did not take it. I guess thats something to think about.

Xplosive
I don't see SS defeating GL, only opposite, I think GL has more power.

kgkg

savagerampage
Hasnt surfer already absorbed the Gl power?

kgkg

savagerampage
yeah i remember reading that issue, actually i think someone posted it on the board. surfer beats hal easy

kgkg
Originally posted by savagerampage
yeah i remember reading that issue, actually i think someone posted it on the board. surfer beats hal easy
i posted it lol

snoopdogg
jrodslam has some interesting points. When they were fighting I remember Surfer being weakened. When he was fighting the rookie Kyle why did he not absorb the power right then and there? Kyle allowed him to take his energy, I think there is a difference. I now say the fight will be 50/50.

kgkg

snoopdogg
Well Green Lantern has alot of different ways he can take out Surfer also. If I remember right I think he can also absorb energy too and create radiations also. He can do just about anything you mentioned. He can even move as fast or faster than Surfer. I am saying it could go either way. Surfer wont beat him as easy as you think.

kgkg

snoopdogg
Thats good stuff. All I am saying is that in the crossover Paralaxx took some of Surfers power and left him weakened then Surfer has to fight Kyle. Surfer in his weakened state flat out said that he cannot overcome such a weapon in his current state. Ok, so why did he not simply drain the Oa energy from Kyles ring at that time knowing that he is not gonna win the fight. It would seem like a logical move to me If I was in that situation.

The Flash

kgkg

brainchild81
I don't any Lantern can beat SS. Not even Hal.

jrodslam
An attack at light speed wouldnt knock Hal out. The man has been knocked through planets and got back up. SS may ba able to move at light speeds, but so can Hal. I highly doubt that SS is able to react and think at light speeds as well. Theres only 1 superhero I know could do that, and its Flash.

SS absorbs energy, and so can Hal. Thats pointless. Hal could do everything SS can do. Plus Hal has more experience. But i still say the fight is 50/50.

JWangSDC
No GL is going to beat SS, no way at all, someone prove to me how he's going to win?

Being extremely lenient with GL's powers, you might say they are ALMOST EVEN powerwise, but even then surfer is just more versatile. GL has a ring, Surfer is the the power cosmic

jrodslam
SS is the power cosmic? Meaning? Can someone prove to me how SS is going to win? People keep saying SS will win without even explaining why.

juggernaut74
Galactus is the power cosmic. Not Norrin.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by JWangSDC
surfer is just more versatile. GL has a ring The power ring is way more versatile than the power cosmic that Surfer has.

jrodslam
*sigh* People just dont get it. SS and GL have just about the same types abilities. Gl may even be able to do more than Surfer. Hmmm.

kgkg

jrodslam

jrodslam
Hal is more than capable of absorbing SS's powers. The rookie Kyle absorbed the powers of Thanos,SS, and Parallax at the same time. Hal would do it with no problem.

And noone GAVE Kyle the powers. SS needed Kyle to give him all the power. Yes he absorbed it, but coulcnt take it on his own.

snoopdogg
jrodslam I am speechless.

jrodslam
Hal can stop time. Can SS compete with that?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/1989-03-14_Action_Comics_642_22_GL.jpg

Hal can travel back in time.Can SS compete with that?

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/4213f3c7.jpg

kgkg
Hal following a ship through hyperspace. SOL(speed of light) Not a warphole either.

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/J_L_of_A_211-10.jpg

Halabsorbing solar energy.

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/339cbcb0.jpg

Hal controlling and re-directing high-density radiations.

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/gl63_18_19.jpg

Flash is capable of moving at lightspeeds, but does that mean that he always fights at lightspeeds? No sir. GL is more than capable of moving at light speeds, so i dont see a reasont why he wouldnt be able to fight at lightspeeds. Where does it say he went beyond light speed?

It looks like a wormhole or something like teleportation.

He is absorbing the sunlight like plants, Show me somewhere where is absorbed energy from a locked source. (Like hulk, (not sunlight) even human and plants,planet absorbs sunlight to some extent.

- He is redirecting not absorbing the radiation.

kgkg
Hal can stop time. Can SS compete with that?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/1989-03-14_Action_Comics_642_22_GL.jpg

Hal can travel back in time.Can SS compete with that?

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/4213f3c7.jpg
yes SS went back in time

jrodslam
kgkg, youre something else. You said that GL cant travel at light speeds,and if so prove it. But when i post up pics, saying that he does, you say that he cant exceed it. Its not a wormhole or teleportation.

You ask to show pics of energy absorption, and i do. Now you want it from a locked source? Kyle absorbed Thanos, Parallax and SS. If that aint enough, i dont know what is.

I never said he was absorbing the radiation. I said controlling and re-directing. Read the post.

Can you post up pics of SS going back in time? Under his own power?
Id like to see some proof. You have yet to show any type of proof that SS can beat Hal. I never said Hal could beat Surfer. I simply stated 50/50.

kgkg

jrodslam

kgkg

kgkg

Cosmic Cube
Green Lantern cannot:

Manipulate Matter
Become Intangible
Shapeshift
Create Dimensional rifts
Use Telepathy
Reduce his size to subatomic proportions, while retaining his power.
Think/move/react at greater than light speeds
Destroy a planet with a blast
Travel through the core of a star unharmed

The Silver Surfer can do all of the above, and absorb Oan energy directed at him.

There is a wormhole in that picture jrodslam.

kgkg
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Green Lantern cannot:

Manipulate Matter
Become Intangible
Shapeshift
Use Telepathy

The Silver Surfer can do all of the above, and absorb Oan energy directed at him.

lol I know that faster than light speed is referred to the starship. lol

Then he shows a solar reception as energy absorption/manipulation

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by kgkg
lol I know that faster than light speed is referred to the starship. lol

Then he shows a solar reception as energy absorption/manipulation

So, I guess Superman is an energy manipulator as well. shifty

Magee
Fact is a GL (hal jordan) can do everyone of them. They can animate inanimate objects, thats matter manipulation. They can dematerialize there selves, theres intangibility rite there. They could quite easily create a device which allows them telepathic abilities. Hal jordan would'nt find it to difficult to destroy a planet. Traveling through the core of a star? You would need to blast ur way through. No amount of force could get u through one side of a star and out the other. There are no limits to what a GL can do, especialy Hal.

Green Lanterns can travel far beyond light speed even in an atmosphere as heat is either absorbed or reflected by the ring's field. On a side note they can make an energy twin of themselves which can travel much faster than lightspeed but only other ring wielders or guardians can see it.

Gls can also make them selves invisible by bending the light waves around there body. Mind tampering is used to protect themselves from psionic attacks.

It is also possible for experienced ring wielders to duplicate their power ring which has the exact same power as the original copy but will run out of power in 24hrs. Hal Jordan created a power ring for Tom "Pieface" Kalmaku which later fell into the hands of Hector Hammond. He used the power ring to create a death trap for Green Lantern, but his power ring had run out of power.

Now please provide me with some evidence in all the incredible feats of SS. Because so far all i've read is ur opinions on how SS is so much more powerful than Hal, which he isnt.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Green Lantern cannot:

Manipulate Matter
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/df81594b.jpg
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/7848ee1e.jpg
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/JLA042_20.jpg

Become Intangible
Shapeshift
Uses the ring to make himself grow bigger in size.
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/add8db95.jpg

Create Dimensional rifts

Use Telepathy
Takes over the mind of every living being on the planet
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/3829e2f4.jpg

Reduce his size to subatomic proportions, while retaining his power.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/GL008SA-16.jpg

He follows behind the ship in lightspeed. The page says "FTL", meaning faster than light. And it also stated that he followed them. No wornhole sir.

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/Justice_League_of_America_140-21.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Action633-04.jpg
Hal ignited the sun. His body was burried in the heart of the sun. What would be the point of him traveling through the sun?

Prove it.
Yes he was able to absorb the Oan energy DIRECTED at him. ONLY cause it was given. He was not able to take it on his own. And it was a combination of Oan energy and his own.

No this is a worm hole.
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/34924816.jpg
And this is him opening a portal.
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/gl158_03.jpg

More powerful that the big 4 combined?
http://img144.exs.cx/img144/8404/dcpgl1109sa.jpg

Can you post pics of all those feats by SS yourself? Including time stop, moving planets, teleportation? Les wait and see.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Magee
Fact is a GL (hal jordan) can do everyone of them. They can animate inanimate objects, thats matter manipulation. They can dematerialize there selves, theres intangibility rite there. They could quite easily create a device which allows them telepathic abilities. Hal jordan would'nt find it to difficult to destroy a planet. Traveling through the core of a star? You would need to blast ur way through. No amount of force could get u through one side of a star and out the other. There are no limits to what a GL can do, especialy Hal.

Green Lanterns can travel far beyond light speed even in an atmosphere as heat is either absorbed or reflected by the ring's field. On a side note they can make an energy twin of themselves which can travel much faster than lightspeed but only other ring wielders or guardians can see it.

Gls can also make them selves invisible by bending the light waves around there body. Mind tampering is used to protect themselves from psionic attacks.

It is also possible for experienced ring wielders to duplicate their power ring which has the exact same power as the original copy but will run out of power in 24hrs. Hal Jordan created a power ring for Tom "Pieface" Kalmaku which later fell into the hands of Hector Hammond. He used the power ring to create a death trap for Green Lantern, but his power ring had run out of power.

Now please provide me with some evidence in all the incredible feats of SS. Because so far all i've read is ur opinions on how SS is so much more powerful than Hal, which he isnt.

Thank you Magee. Thats what ive been saying from the beginning. 50/50 fight. Too many SS fanboys out here talking and not really proving anything. I gotta go to work. Be back in a few hours.

kgkg
Can you post pics of all those feats by SS yourself? Including time stop, moving planets, teleportation? Les wait and see.
read a thread called superman vs SS there are scans of many things.

he can't move planets , Time stop? if you go near light speed everything else is seems to be stoped(slow down).

Lol people are claiming all these shit.

Gl corp got murder by doomsday it's verysimple.

Gl will loose.

SS sucks Oa's energy end of story.(he can do it)

what will hal do?

Magee
kgkg did u just ignore everything that jrodslam and i posted? Do u really think that because 5 or 6 GLs lost DD thats the end of this fight? We r comparing Hal Jordan to SS. Not GLs to DD.

kgkg

Magee
Its not as simple as SS "sucks" energy so SS wins. Kyle alowed SS to absorb it. There is no evidence which suggest SS could absorb all the energy of the ring, none.

The SS is nothing but a man powered by the power cosmic (energy).

kgkg

Magee
I have never read that cross over so i didnt know much of wat u just said. But i never said he couldnt absorb energy i just questioned wether he could absorb all the energy from the GL ring. As u mentioned before he never used this ability against gladiator and the like when he easily could have. Just because he has that certain ability doesnt mean he automaticaly wins.

kgkg
I have never read that cross over so i didnt know much of wat u just said. But i never said he couldnt absorb energy i just questioned wether he could absorb all the energy from the GL ring. As u mentioned before he never used this ability against gladiator and the like when he easily could have. Just because he has that certain ability doesnt mean he automaticaly wins.
" just questioned wether he could absorb all the energy from the GL ring?"

In that crossover he absorbed the entire Oa's energy and controlled it.

Not a Gl's the thing that powers 1000's Gl's he controlled the power source of all Gl's.

and hal or any other is One gl ring (fraction of Oa's power)

as for Gladiator ? Why not

he can shot any type of energy/radiation (that's his power also)

the thing is he would fight with hal rather than find a cheap win.

Magee
wow, he absorbed the entire oa power source? But it is supposed to be infinite well it is said to only be almost infinite. Thats pretty impresive but if he doesnt absorb the energy from hals ring this would make for an interesting battle.

kgkg
wow, he absorbed the entire oa power source? But it is supposed to be infinite well it is said to only be almost infinite. Thats pretty impresive but if he doesnt absorb the energy from hals ring this would make for an interesting battle.
I was shocked also.

And the funny thing is he was at very weak state.

jrodslam
Ok im back fropm work. kgkg youre wrong about a couple of things.

1. He didnt absorb all the Oan energy. Kyle absaord all the energy that was stolen from both Kyle and Surfer. Kyle didnt drain Parallax dry. He didnt drain Thanos dry. He only took all that was stolen, that was Surfers power combined with that of his own that was stolen.

2. Surfer was weak, but yet it was HE who dived into battle against Kyle. When Surfer get weak, what does he do? Absorb power right? Why didnt he do it to Kyle while they were fighting? He couildnt. What did Kyle do to stop Surfer and make him listen? He drowned him in GREEN ENERGY like water. Why didnt Surfer absorb that? He couldnt.

3. Surfer says that he can be of little aid because he has "barely any power left." "Your ring must stip them of the ENERGIES they wield."
Meaning Surfers energies that was taken and Kyles energies that was taken.

4. The only one that absorbed the entire Oan power source was Parallax. Kyle had but a fraction. He took his fraction back that was stollen by Parallax. Not all of it pal.

5. When Kyle GAVE Surfer the power, he was not only giving him some Oan energy, he gave him back most of Surfers OWN energy. That was why the recharge. Not because of Oan energy.

kgkg, you still have not proven SS can beat Hal. You havent shown none of the Surfer abilities either.

Ive showed you Hal's. Do the same to support your theory about Surfer.

snoopdogg
I honestly do not know what to say on this. You guys showed me stuff I didnt think Hal could do. kgkg can you post some pics to back up your arguments. This is getting good, I think GL has a better chance than ever just by the stuff jrodslam has posted.

kgkg

kgkg
radiation

kgkg
beyond light speed

kgkg
Go to different dimension

jrodslam
Flying is circles. Great. Lol.

kgkg
sucking a star

kgkg
now you have to show beyond light speed.

and Gl sucking someone Dry(other than Oa's energy)

SS wins smile

jrodslam
Hal can redirect and contain radiation.

jrodslam
sucking a star

Lol. Sucking a star? Wheres Surfer. I dont even see him. How do we even know what hes doing? Thats no proof.

jrodslam
You havent showed SS sucking anyone dry at all.

I have no need to show beyond light speed. You said he couldnt even travel at light speeds and proved you wrong about that.

You have proven nothing so far sir except that Surfer can fly in circles above light speed.

kgkg
Lol. Sucking a star? Wheres Surfer. I dont even see him. How do we even know what hes doing? Thats no proof.

kgkg
You havent showed SS sucking anyone dry at all.

I have no need to show beyond light speed. You said he couldnt even travel at light speeds and proved you wrong about that.

You have proven nothing so far sir except that Surfer can fly in circles above light speed.

lol he can't you proved nothing.

Hal can't react / travel at Light speed or beyond.

Where did you show?

That picture is a wormhole buddy.

And light speed is referring to the starship read your own scan.

Has he ever fought at lightspeed ? NO exactly

kgkg
Hal can redirect and contain radiation.
redirect lol anyone who can make shield can do suck thing.

SS can emit any types of radiation

kgkg
now you need to show

-beyond light speed? that pic shows nothing
-sucking energy out of a source.(person , living things)

jrodslam

jrodslam

The image says nothing of him sucking a star. What are you looking at? He doesnt even say anythinbg about sucking a star. Still no proof.

jrodslam
lol he can't you proved nothing.

Hal can't react / travel at Light speed or beyond.

Where did you show?

That picture is a wormhole buddy.

And light speed is referring to the starship read your own scan.

Has he ever fought at lightspeed ? NO exactly

The ship went FASTER THAT LIGHT and Hal followed. Meaning that he was able to maintain faster than light speeds and keep up.

You havent showed Surfer fight at light speed. Just flying in a circle at lightspeed.

kgkg

kgkg

kgkg
Here SS sucking gamma right out of the hulk.

There Hal is going down.

jrodslam
1. Thanos stole Kyle's Oan energy. Energy that was from his ring. Youre saying that Kyle has all the Oan power inhis ring? I think not.

2. Im not saying SS(power cosmic = Parallax) Kyle ONLY absorbed The Oan energy from his ring that Thanos stol AND MOST of Surfers energy that Parallax stole.

3. Wormhole? The comic says after the FTL Journey. When ships go lightspeed, they go through a wormhole? No. They went light speed, and Hal followed in light speed.

4. Surfer is not fighting at light speed. Yes he said someone who can move faster that light. BUT hes not even fighting. Just flying in circles.

You still have shown no proof.

jrodslam
Here SS sucking gamma right out of the hulk.

There Hal is going down.

wait a minute. Did Banner give Surfer a device that abled him to absorb the radiation? Lol. You cant be serious. What is Hulk even doing in space? Somethings fishy. Thats no proof sir.

jrodslam
I asked you to show me where he's changed someone's molecular structure. You havent done so.

Show me where he actually fights at light speeds. Not fly in circles. You havent done so.

Show me where he drains someone with his own power. Without the use of someone else's device. You havent done so.

Keep looking for pics my friend.

snoopdogg
Well of the two pics he posted I have to say this. The one kgkg posted on fighting at lightspeed was not really valid simply cause he was flying around in circles really fast. Not good proof. And the interdimensional one is kinda strange too casue Beta Ray Bill is in the picture and If I remember right he has a hammer like Thors which enables teleportation. I could be wrong but maybe BRB had something to do with that.

kgkg

kgkg
wait a minute. Did Banner give Surfer a device that abled him to absorb the radiation? Lol. You cant be serious. What is Hulk even doing in space? Somethings fishy. Thats no proof sir.

kgkg

kgkg
http://www.starnet-database.com/dbase_deo/profiles/green_lantern/gl.html

read that LMAO

snoopdogg
http://www.starnet-database.com/dbase_shield/galactica/silver_surfer/surfer.html

Read this. Its from the same website.

jrodslam

kgkg
Originally posted by snoopdogg
http://www.starnet-database.com/dbase_shield/galactica/silver_surfer/surfer.html

Read this. Its from the same website.
yes

Strength: Superhuman class 100
Flight speed: Warp speed ( beyond light speed)
Stamina: Godlike
The Silver Surfer has the ability to manipulate cosmic energy for a variety of effects. He has the ability to channel ambient cosmic energy into his body at will, and expel it violently as concussive force or gently as a means to restructure molecules according to his mental design.

He can generate beams of energy through his hands with sufficient destructive force to level a large city or generate such subtle amounts of energy to restructure the molecules of the natural dyes within a plant to change its color. The Surfer can rearrange the molecules of matter to create other configurations, but he cannot transmute elements. He can also direct this energy in a variety of other ways including the erection of force shields, molecular reconstruction and creation of objects, healing, augmentation of strength at superhuman levels; flight at near-light speeds through interstellar space and through hyperspace; near total physical invulnerability, ability to exist without food, sleep, or oxygen in space

see now read Green lantern

jrodslam

read that LMAO

Ok and whats your point on that? The battle is Hal vs Kyle. Hal is the best GL ever. Hes faster, stronger, more experienced, smarter, more will power that Kyle. That proved nothing. LMAO.

That site you posted also didnt mention cosmic awareness. You have proven nothing again. Wheres those pics you were gonna put up?

kgkg

GL:
Known Superhuman Powers: Kyle Rayner possesses the normal strength and stamina of a human

Flight: By the manipulation of anti-gravitons and directed molecular movement, the ring allows the user to fly at incredible speeds. In atmosphere, Green Lantern has been known to fly as fast as Mach 10 in atmosphere by creating an aerodynamic envelope around his body. Towing others, usually within a bubble, his speed is limited to the twice the speed of sound or 1440 mph.

Interstellar Flight: In space, Green Lantern's speed can be significantly greater and has been known to approach 80% of lightspeed in normal space. The ring has the ability to create wormholes and space warps that allow for greater distances to be travelled in less time. Oa, which was rumored to be at the center of the known universe, was said to be able to be reached by a Green Lantern in only a few days of space warp travel.

snoopdogg
kgkg you missed the point. It says that he can fly at near light speeds. So can GL. After you hit light speeds you go into warp speed. They both can do that.

kgkg
kgkg you missed the point. It says that he can fly at near light speeds. So can GL. After you hit light speeds you go into warp speed. They both can do that.
In space, Green Lantern's speed can be significantly greater and has been known to approach 80% of lightspeed in normal space

that is not warp speed

jrodslam
Thats not even the point. Thats Kyle, and is seems a bit outdated and doesnt contain all information. Hal is waaay more powerful than Kyle, so kgkg just proved that SS is faster, and stronger than Kyle. Whoopee!

jrodslam
Is this thread not GL(HAL) vs Sufer? why post something about Kyle, when hes not in Hal's league? C'mon.

jrodslam
Im still waiting on the pics you were suppose to post up with SS

1. Draining someone withough the use of special devices.

2. Changing someones molecular structure.

3. Fighting at light speed.

kgkg

kgkg

1.) Special tool? What are you smoking he doesn't need tool

Look at the scan

You don't read SS comics?

2.) Read the Bio

3) Read the bio he can travel at warp speed.(he fought gladiator who travels can travel at 100X speed of light)

jrodslam

snoopdogg
I didnt know Surfer could fight at lightspeed only fly that fast. kgkg can you post a actual pic of him fighting at beyond lightspeed? Cause if he is slightly faster in flight thats not gonna be the deciding factor in the fight.

kgkg
Show me another picture of him flying faster than light i am not convinced with that picture (doesn't even say he was)

Read the bio

or better yet can you show me a bio of hal's abilities?

i have read so many JLA comics i have never seen Gl fight at great speeds.

jrodslam

1.) Special tool? What are you smoking he doesn't need tool

Look at the scan

You don't read SS comics?

2.) Read the Bio

3) Read the bio he can travel at warp speed.(he fought gladiator who travels can travel at 100X speed of light)

So what does he maen by special device?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=3753239

SHOW PICS OF THE THINGS YOU SAY HE CAN DO.

NO SPECIAL DEVICES, NO FLYING IN CIRCLES

kgkg
I didnt know Surfer could fight at lightspeed only fly that fast. kgkg can you post a actual pic of him fighting at beyond lightspeed? Cause if he is slightly faster in flight thats not gonna be the deciding factor in the fight.

post pictures? read the bio i already posted enough man( it says he can go near light speed and beyond in space)

snoopdogg

i have read so many JLA comics i have never seen Gl fight at great speeds. Nobody is saying that he can. jrod is just saying that he can fly that fast. Your the one who said Surfer can fight beyond lightspeed.

snoopdogg
Oh by the way kgkg that site you posted with the GLs bio the Surfer bio from the same site says that he cannot transmute elements. What do you have to say about that?

jrodslam
post pictures? read the bio i already posted enough man( it says he can go near light speed and beyond in space)

Yes post pictures. You wanted me to post them, and i did. Now you post them about Surfer to prove your arguement.

1. Show the molecular structure

2. Draining someone of their energies, without "special devices"

3. Fighting at light speeds.

You still have yet to do so. Instead, you post sites that say he can. LMAO.

Just like you wanted pictures, i want pictures too. No sites just pictures.

kgkg

jrodslam
kgkg im still waiting for you to post the pics of Surfer doing the above.

jrodslam
Believe what you want I am tired.

Looks like I win. Next time show pics to support your theory's sir. Your pics give no type of explination.

kgkg
kgkg im still waiting for you to post the pics of Surfer doing the above.
1. Show the molecular structure
Read bio? You don't believe the Bio?

2. Draining someone of their energies, without "special devices"
Look above he drained the hulk twice. Device had nothing to do with draining.

3. Fighting at light speeds.
Shown. He went around in circle then attacked him.

kgkg
Believe what you want I am tired.

Looks like I win. Next time show pics to support your theory's sir. Your pics give no type of explination.
You won? Please you showed nothing that says Hal wins

- Beyond light speed? One picture that says nothing why don't you show another one. I can show you so many.

Am just tired you don't want to believe the scans.

So how does hal win again?

snoopdogg

He went around in circle then attacked him. Yea with a cosmic blast. I dont think you understand the difference between flying and fighting at lightspeeds

kgkg
OK let make it simple.

Do you believe that surfer can suck energy?

Do you believe SS can go beyond light speed?

Do you believe that Gl ring (Oa's) is energy?

and how does hal win? again

snoopdogg
The first two I believe but the third one could be classified as willpower. Is it hard for you to respect GL as a character?

snoopdogg
?

and how does hal win? again Well nobody really said Hal would win just simply stated 50/50. You have a hard time grasping the fact that Hal is more than a match for Surfer.

kgkg

jrodslam
You won? Please you showed nothing that says Hal wins

- Beyond light speed? One picture that says nothing why don't you show another one. I can show you so many.

Am just tired you don't want to believe the scans.

So how does hal win again?

Ive showed all the things you said Halcouldnt do. You said he couldnt move at lightspeed, and I showed it.

You said Hal couldnt destroy a planet, and i showed it.

You said Hal couldnt manipulate matter, and i showed it.

You said Hal had no telepathy, and i showed it.

You said Hal couldnt change size and still have his powers, and i showed it.

All the pictures youve showed said nothing.
You said SS can manipulate matter, but you havent showed him ever do it to anyone.

You said SS can drain a star, but the pic didnt say anything about him doing it nor did he.

You said he could fight at lghtspeeds, but all you showed was him flying in circles at lightspeeds.

I never said Hal would beat SS. I said its a 50/50 battle. Ive always said that. They are too much similar. Youre the one who said SS can beat Hal. Not me.

snoopdogg
Oh by the way kgkg that site you posted with the GLs bio the Surfer bio from the same site says that he cannot transmute elements. What do you have to say about that? Thought maybe you missed it the first time.

jrodslam

jrodslam
Thought maybe you missed it the first time.

He didnt miss it. He just cant respond to it.

And im still waiting on my pics of Surfer

Manipulating matter, Fighting at lightspeed, Telepathy as well.

kgkg
Ive showed all the things you said Halcouldnt do. You said he couldnt move at lightspeed, and I showed it.

You said Hal couldnt destroy a planet, and i showed it.

You said Hal couldnt manipulate matter, and i showed it.

You said Hal had no telepathy, and i showed it.

You said Hal couldnt change size and still have his powers, and i showed it.

All the pictures youve showed said nothing.
You said SS can manipulate matter, but you havent showed him ever do it to anyone.

You said SS can drain a star, but the pic didnt say anything about him doing it nor did he.

You said he could fight at lghtspeeds, but all you showed was him flying in circles at lightspeeds.

I never said Hal would beat SS. I said its a 50/50 battle. Ive always said that. They are too much similar. Youre the one who said SS can beat Hal. Not me.
manipulate matter? where
destroy a planet? where
Hal had no telepathy? never said anything about that
Hal couldnt change size and still have his powers? never said that

lol man do i need to scan the entire comic for you ?
see SS he looks the same as when he absorbed oa's energy.

"You said he could fight at lghtspeed, but all you showed was him flying in circles at lightspeeds." going around circle evading attacks I call that fighting at light speed(and he was in a fight/ which is called fighting).

now can you show me an example of Hal going at light speed (another one)

50/50 how so ?

whould you argee that SS whould whip any other GL than Hal?

look below he sucked the solar energy.

kgkg
He didnt miss it. He just cant respond to it.

And im still waiting on my pics of Surfer

Manipulating matter, Fighting at lightspeed, Telepathy as well.

Read the Bio.

If you can find me a bio that says all the thing Hal can do you don't have show me anything.

jrodslam
manipulate matter? where
destroy a planet? where

Manipulate Matter
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...n2/df81594b.jpg
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums...n2/7848ee1e.jpg
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums...2/JLA042_20.jpg

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums...rica_140-21.jpg

50/50 how so ?

Cause power ability wise, they are exactly the same.

whould you argee that SS whould whip any other GL than Hal?
Maybe. John would give him a run for his money as well.

kgkg

404 can't see anything

and light speed did you find any other scans?

The Flash
Read the Bio.

If you can find me a bio that says all the thing Hal can do you don't have show me anything. Hal Jordan bio.

"...the Green Lanterns used special rings which allowed them to fly, survive in space, and do nearly anything the bearer can will."

There's a bio that says Green Lanterns can do anything the bearer wants.

kgkg
Originally posted by The Flash
http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/hal.html

"...the Green Lanterns used special rings which allowed them to fly, survive in space, and do nearly anything the bearer can will."

There's a bio that says Green Lanterns can do anything the bearer wants.
Yes that's why The GL's corp had there ass backslapped by Doomsday.

I want scan where a Gl is travel faster than light.

Or sucking someone dry.

kgkg

I want scan where a Gl is travel faster than light.(or bio that says that)

Or sucking someone dry.

kgkg
sorry read the second post.

The Flash

I want scan where a Gl is travel faster than light.

Or sucking someone dry. First you wanted a bio, now you want scans. Make up your mind. Besides, jrod already gave you links to them.

Doomsday owning the GL Corp. means nothing. There wasn't a Hal Jordan among those men. Besides, Hal Jordan > GL Corp.

jrodslam
Read the Bio.

If you can find me a bio that says all the thing Hal can do you don't have show me anything.

Bios dont mean jack shit. The bio you put up with GL didnt say anything about the cosmic awareness of a GL. It didnt say anything about Gl's being able to block out telepathy, but yet they can do it. Bios are bogus.
Thats why we go by what the characters do in the comics my friend.

kgkg
First you wanted a bio, now you want scans. Make up your mind. Besides, jrod already gave you links to them.

Doomsday owning the GL Corp. means nothing. There wasn't a Hal Jordan among those men. Besides, Hal Jordan > GL Corp.

it says Green lanterns.

anything will be fine just scans or bio that says Hal can go beyond light speed , or suck someones energy.

you show me those than 50/50 it is.

kgkg
Bios dont mean jack shit. The bio you put up with GL didnt say anything about the cosmic awareness of a GL. It didnt say anything about Gl's being able to block out telepathy, but yet they can do it. Bios are bogus.
Thats why we go by what the characters do in the comics my friend.
bio are extracted from comics ( good ones at least)

now can you show me pics of hal going beyond light speed.

You must have at least another one.(if you don't than that proves he can't , since the first one says jack shit)

and Hal sucking someone dry.

The Flash

it says Green lanterns.What the hell do you think Hal is? Spider-Man?

Since I don't read Green Lantern, I wouldn't know where to get scans or even bother to find any. Besides, jrod has posted the scans already.

jrodslam
Manipulate Matter
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/df81594b.jpg
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/7848ee1e.jpg
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/JLA042_20.jpg

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/Justice_League_of_America_140-21.jpg

See, i post pics of proof.
Can you please show me where Surfer

1. Manipulates matter
2. Destroys a planet on his own
3. Fight(not fly) at lightspeeds

All i need to post is 1 pic. Your pics give no type of information on whats going on.

Dizzle
Theres a bunch of SS feat scans on the Superman vs. SS thread. Including:
Thinking speed and reaction time well beyond light speed (Galactus put a device on SS to block his powers, in 3 panels Surfer describes how he has about 1 nanosecond before the thing turns on and he's trapped forever. Thinks for 2 panels and breaks it within said nanosecond in the third)

Planet destroying (Blast that defeated Morg destroyed a planet. And he wasn't even aiming at the planet)

And when Surfer drains Hulk in those 2 pics, he's not using any devices. And the Sun absorbing one's in 3 parts, first one's a red blob absorbing the sun, second one is Surfer draining some energy source and shows a close up of the red blob, the third one's surfer being huge and crazy on sun power. He posted them out of order, so you can't really tell that all 3 are part of 1 comic.

The Flash
Originally posted by Dizzle
Theres a bunch of SS feat scans on the Superman vs. SS thread. Including:
Thinking speed and reaction time well beyond light speed (Galactus put a device on SS to block his powers, in 3 panels Surfer describes how he has about 1 nanosecond before the thing turns on and he's trapped forever. Thinks for 2 panels and breaks it within said nanosecond in the third)

Planet destroying (Blast that defeated Morg destroyed a planet. And he wasn't even aiming at the planet)

And when Surfer drains Hulk in those 2 pics, he's not using any devices. And the Sun absorbing one's in 3 parts, first one's a red blob absorbing the sun, second one is Surfer draining some energy source and shows a close up of the red blob, the third one's surfer being huge and crazy on sun power. He posted them out of order, so you can't really tell that all 3 are part of 1 comic. "anything will be fine just scans or bio that says Hal can go beyond light speed , or suck someones energy."

Replace Hal with Surfer.

hoorayforpeepee
i thought GL's couldn't move beyond light speed because they couldn't grasp the concept...

The Flash
If their will is strong enough...like Hal's.

jrodslam
In one of thos scan where the Surfer is allegedly draining Hulk, he did mention a device Banner made. So that realy didnt prove anything on SS's part.

I did see the battle with Morg. But didnt the collision between the 2 cause the area to be destroyed? And wasnt it debated between it being a planet and a asteroid?

kgkg

kgkg
part1

jrodslam
If their will is strong enough...like Hal's.

Exactly.

I dont know why people think all GL's are the same. Just cause youre a GL, doesnt mean that youre on the same level or have the same abilities as the next GL. Thats why Hal is Hal.

The man has relit stars for pete's sake. No other GL is on his lvl.

kgkg

kgkg
SS is a sissy look what doom did to Thing

now how does hal win?

i gave you my reasons

jrodslam

The Flash

jrodslam
SS is a sissy look what doom did to Thing

now how does hal win?

i gave you my reasons

Converts Superman, Flash Batman and himself to negative radiant energy. You were saying?

hoorayforpeepee
i can't read the text, so i don't know if it says that he does such a thing. from the looks of it, it appears to be nothing of the sort.

not doubting you, but i just can't read the blurry ass text.

another thing, if hal's shield gets broken (i have no doubt that surfer's blast would break it), he has the durability of a normal human.

surfer, on the other hand, would not be harmed by anything hal can produce.

kgkg

The Flash
Give me a bio of Surfer saying that he can absorb any type of energy. :P

jrodslam
SS said "WE cant keep repairing all this damage"
Uhh who is we?
He also says "I cant last much longer."
Why not absorb energies?

In the crossover Kyle drowned Surfer in a pool of energy. Why didnt Surfer absorb that?

Hoorayforpeepee im sorry you cant see the words.

Hal says "Im changing you all to negative radiant energy, so you can blend with the energies of the super nova."

Dizzle
It's electromagnetic energy only, I believe. However, since GL constructs are solid light, and light just happens to be a type of electromagnetic energy, Surfer can absorb it.

And I still don't see how flying around a guy at light speed and blasting him (surfer doesn't fight h2h much) doesn't count as fighting. This same tactic would work on Hal, as he only has human reflexes.

The Flash
Not if Hal's will stops him from absorbing.

hoorayforpeepee
"electromagnetic energy only" what an oxymoron. electromagnetic energy, comprehensively, covers pretty much everything but magic.

nobody has anything to say on my durability comment?

kgkg
SS said "WE cant keep repairing all this damage"
Uhh who is we?
He also says "I cant last much longer."
Why not absorb energies?

In the crossover Kyle drowned Surfer in a pool of energy. Why didnt Surfer absorb that?

Hoorayforpeepee im sorry you cant see the words.

Hal says "Im changing you all to negative radiant energy, so you can blend with the energies of the super nova."
I can't last much longer? That was Gob like Cable.

Surfer didn't even break a sweat.

God like Cable someone who can murder someone like Superman

why didn't Surfer absorb? i told you million times he doesn't do it if he doesn't have to

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>