What the point?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phantom Zone
Anybody heard about the elections in Zimbabwe? From what I last heard everything is going to hell. What really pissed me of is that politicains from South Africa went and spoke to the officials and told the media that everything was ok in Zimbabwe and there was nothing to worry about. It seems that this is not the case but its not suprising.

I hate to say this but people keep talking about Mandela and all the good hes done but things are still very very bad for a majority of black people in South Africa.

There was an interview with Thabo Mbeki (President) and he stated that the reason why things were bad was because they couldnt just change everything and changes takes time. Maybe, but I just dont believe him. The fact thats hes black is neither here nor there hes corrupt just like everybody else and he just does not give a ****.

I would have also thought that the politicians from South Africa would have made a difference in Zimbabwe......nope. Whats the ****ing point? It really does not make a god damn difference wether a politician is black or white they're all corrupt and they will **** people over regardless of race but since there are more poor black people than white they will get it worse.

Rogue Jedi
and the politicians here are angels? straight up interested in serving and bettering our country?

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
and the politicians here are angels? straight up interested in serving and bettering our country?

Is that what I said?

Rogue Jedi
No, but one could interpret that you are saying that Zimbabwe is the only place like this.

Phantom Zone
No, but one could interpret that you are saying that Zimbabwe is the only place like this.

Actually my bad I thought you were refering to politicains from South Africa. I could be wrong but I dont see any evidence of South African politicians being any worse or better than other politcians in America or the UK.

However I would think that politicains from Zimbabwe are worse BUT I dont think American or British politicians are angels.

Everbody should be treated with respect but the reason why im frustrated is that black people in South Africa and Africans in general have been through alot of crap.

Rogue Jedi
They are all crooks, thats why I dont vote or care who is in office.

Phantom Zone
They are all crooks, thats why I dont vote or care who is in office.

Well yeah. Yes I do think the ones in Zimbabwe are worse I just thought you were refering to South Africans because I would have assumed most people would think that politicians in power of Zimbabwe at the moment would be worse than American ones.

babe_89
what is the point in what ...?...

babe_89
is anybody here ...?...

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Well yeah. Yes I do think the ones in Zimbabwe are worse I just thought you were refering to South Africans because I would have assumed most people would think that politicians in power of Zimbabwe at the moment would be worse than American ones. I would imagine it's easier to get away with it in Zimbabwe.

Phantom Zone
I would imagine it's easier to get away with it in Zimbabwe.

Well there you go.

Rogue Jedi
did I go somewhere? someone call me a cab. laughing out loud

red g jacks
voting in zimbabwe doesnt solve anything since mugabe abuses his powers to withold the results and retain power anyway. what the people of zimbabwe need is a moderately skilled assassin.

Rogue Jedi
or a plane ticket to the states.

Bardock42
or a plane ticket to the states. Or a free country.

Kram3r
Originally posted by Bardock42
Or a free country.

OH SHI--

chithappens
I would imagine it's easier to get away with it in Zimbabwe.

Why?

The U.S. has some of the most ignorant voters that a politician could wish for.

red g jacks
yea but in zimbabwe the people cast their votes over a campfire in the form of ritual dance... and then mugabe decides the winner

chithappens
Sigh, for some reason my brain didn't register if you were joking or not at first...

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by chithappens
Why?

The U.S. has some of the most ignorant voters that a politician could wish for. I ws referring to the violent state of affairs in Zimbabwe, isnt it like really fvcked up there? A violent politician could flourish.

chithappens
Ahhh, gotcha

Rogue Jedi
My fault for not stating that to begin with.

chithappens
No qualms. I do continue to wonder why this becomes news but no one is screaming for democracy and freedom to be brought to the region (supa dupa sarcasm).

Rogue Jedi
I was wondering how involved the United States is with the whole thing.

chithappens
I'm not sure of that at all. If I knew more beyond the bare minimum to discuss the current situations of Africa I would say more

xmarksthespot
What a misleading and uninformative thread title...

Anyone who thought Mugabe would accept the results of any election that went against him or anyone who thought Mbeki would suddenly do something after 6 years of doing such things as nothing and being inactive and not doing anything was deluding themselves.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by chithappens
I'm not sure of that at all. If I knew more beyond the bare minimum to discuss the current situations of Africa I would say more same....I have images of the movie "Tears of the sun".....

jaden101
Mugabe gets away with it because people's ignorance of what is going on in Zimbabwe is perfectly represented by the people in this thread

"things are pretty fvcked up"

yeah....80% unemployment

you want to know when it started...when Mugabe decided to kick out the white land owners who actually had the know-how to put the land to use....and handed it over to people with no experience whatsoever in running and maintaining farmland

now you have a situation where millions of people are denied food supplies by the government in order to try and force them to vote for them in order to get food for their children

or the recent raiding of the MDC headquarters where 400 victims of political violence by zanu pf supporters were hiding...they were all taken away...no doubt never to be seen again

Rogue Jedi
geez, man....

shiv
My Aunt works as an accountant for Tyson foods one of the largest Agricultural producers in America. We get along.

Production in Industrial Agriculture has moved away from a labor driven model to A Mechanised model.

Before The Mid 90s The production of most of the Worlds silk cotton tobacco flowers grapes chocolate etc was dependent upon highly skilled people who passed their knowledge down from father to son.

Technology means One or two men with no prior experience can hold a large farming operation together.

As it should be coz working a shovel is not most peoples first career option.

The Mechanisation of Agriculture was and is financed by Banks through Loans through their Agri Business departments or Mortgaging, where the bank secures liquid cash by staking a claim against the value of your acreage - thats where title deeds come in.

When The title deeds were recalled. Major Banks tripped and kept tripping coz they knew if they didn't other countries with a simmillar situation would catch on and they would start slipping.

This happenned in Uganda some time back.

Today The white farmers would not be able to resume farming without valid title deeds with which to source cashflow for essentials such as hiring/importing equipment chemicals milling plants altitude and climate specific hybrid seed varieties diesel greenhouses refrigeration units etc.

The africans many of whom worked in a deputy capacity as foremen and farm managers may have title deeds.

The finance houses will not recognise these untill Somebody buys out the mortgage agreements and unfullfilled loan agreements pertaining to the previous title deeds.

I understand The British govt signed an agreement to do just that, but pulled out of the deal in 1997? observing that The contract was with a previous government and therefore not binding.

Around that time relations between The two countries went apeshit.

my 2 cents. lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.