Favorite Scene in SW

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
Mine is the opening of ANH the star distroyer going over head . I can watch that loads of times best opening to a movie ever.

whats yours?

queeq
Opening sequence of ROTJ: Vader arriving on DSII ... still the best opening of the entire saga.

Rampant ox
When Luke jumps out from behind the column in RotJ, confronting Vader for the last time. Fantastic scene, with brilliant music playing.

Tangible God
Ooo, toughy. I'm conflicted over those^ two.

queeq
They are good scenes, both of them. So I don't blame ya for being conflicted.

coolmovies
The Tatooine sunset in ANH

BruceSkywalker
I have many, but fave is Vader and Luke fighting in ESB and Vader telling Luke , he is his father.

queeq
Classic.

Sesse
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I have many, but fave is Vader and Luke fighting in ESB and Vader telling Luke , he is his father.

Spoiler tags plz.

geek

queeq
laughing out loud

truejedi
i'm a fan of the maul, qui gonn, and obi-wan fight on naboo. i could do without the scenes cutting to the fight between the droids and the gungans or whatever, but i think its the best done lightsaber battle the trilogies have to offer.

chik4lit
I like the Ep III opening, with the drums instead of the typical full orchestra. It's so peaceful and then you come across the ship and there's a full battle raging.

JediRobin23
Opening seen with Jar Jar

queeq
laughing out loud

Lord Knightfa11
so, you have a sister? your feelings have betrayed her, as well. IF you will not join me, then perhaps she will. NEVER!!! and then luke kicks vader. for how much i hate luke, i sure like that scene. I also like the scene where it shows all of the different jedi being killed as sideous says "execute order 66". The emotion running in that scene and the brilliant music make that one of the best scenes in the whole pt.

queeq
Good choices.

Lord Knightfa11
thanks.

skywalker833
Originally posted by Rampant ox
When Luke jumps out from behind the column in RotJ, confronting Vader for the last time. Fantastic scene, with brilliant music playing.
agreed.

Icy Ninja
gonna bump this and say that my 2 favorite scene are both in ROTS.

the first is the part where Obi and Yoda go to the jedi temple and see the dead younglings and Obi says "Who, who could have done this then it goes and show vader slaughtering the separatists.

The second is Obi Wans Speech after he defeats Vader

queeq
The speech was nice. Tad gay, but nice. wink

Sith Master X
My favorites come in AOTC and ROTS.
Loved Yoda whipping his saber out for the first time in AOTC, as well as the opera scene in ROTS and Vader taking his first breath.

The opera scene...I can't say enough about it. Alot of you may think there's nothing really special about it, but I thought the music and atmosphere was perfect. A very dark and haunting scene, with top notch acting by Ian McDiarmid.

Darth Subjekt
Yea, the opera scene was one of my favorites of ROTS. As was the first breath, soon to be ruined the epic failure of, "Nooooo!!!!" sad That was a real let down.

One of my all time favs though, is in ESB when Yoda is explaining the force to Luke. No midicholians, no science to it. Just the force as the Jedi Grandmaster sees it.

Also, in ANH when OB1 was telling Luke of Anakin and the "dark times." Something about the look on Alec's face just lends heavy emotion to the scene, especially now since we know what happened.

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq
The speech was nice. Tad gay, but nice. wink

Yeah Obi-Wan crossed the line when he said he loved Anakin. When he grabbed Anakin's lightsaber that sealed the deal.

My favorite part in Star Wars is when the Clone Trooper pilot can't shoot down Count Dooku becuase he was out of rockets. Apparently the laser cannons are no good against unprotected old guys on a small speeder bike...

Hahaha.

queeq
laughing out loud

Master Crimzon
I'm conflicted between the 'birth of Vader' and the last moments between Obi-Wan and Anakin on Mustafar.

In 'honorable mentions', though, deserves the cave scene in ESB. It's probably the best scene in the OT.

Elite Hunter
PT- My favorite the Vader and the troopers marching on the temple.

OT-The first time we see the Imperial fleet and Vader.

Tangible God
By far my fav. scene in ROTS is Palpatine's declaration of the New Order--the walkthrough of the burning temple--Vader's slaughter of the Seperatist leaders--and his gazing over Mustafar (the music does wonders there).

And I don't care what anyone says, the entire space battle above Endor, especially the very beginning, is just plain cool, IMO.

Jack Daniels
any scene where the obi-wan is drinking in a bar...(at least a cpl..lol)beer

queeq
A scene I'll always cherish is the opening sequence of ROTJ.

Master Crimzon
You need to give respect to the cave scene in ESB. How come nobody mentioned it ('cept for me)? Lolz...

queeq
Good one. I thought about it. It must be the best scene of the saga, for sure.

sweersa
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
You need to give respect to the cave scene in ESB. How come nobody mentioned it ('cept for me)? Lolz...

I thought it was cool but when I was a little kid it confused me lol.

Master Crimzon
Some of the themes in the cave scene are still in some movies today. Lol.

And the prequels (especially RotS) make it that much stronger and deeper. Obi-Wan's words echo; 'You have become the very thing you swore to destroy'. It's an amazing sequence, no doubt. I wouldn't say it's the best scene in the entire saga, but it's certainly up there, and easily the best scene in ESB. Even better than the 'I am your father!' scene.

General G
I am still loving the Luke/Vader/Sidious scenes in ROTJ. Epic. Preferably the original ones though.

For PT...I would say OB1's speech to Anakin, as well as Grievous of course stick out tongue

And I really like the AT-AT's on Hoth, domination.

queeq
Good choices.

General G
Oh my god...did you actually just agree to good choice to...Grievous?! I knew you would finally come around. I think that means it MAY be time for...shall I say it? A Grievous thread...part 4!!! laughing out loud stick out tongue

queeq
It was about OB1.

General G
You said good choices referring to all. big grin

queeq
I liked OB1 in ROTS.

Jack Daniels
thinking more on it gotta say carrie fisher in the bikini..lol...

sweersa
Originally posted by Jack Daniels
thinking more on it gotta say carrie fisher in the bikini..lol...

What if they did a reunion and today's Carrie Fischer gets back into the slave outfit?

LOL

Jack Daniels
okay now Im gonna have to find a new fav scene

General G
laughing out loud

MasterAshenVor
Original Trilogy - When all the X-WINGS And Y-WINGS were approaching the First Death Star....The Music just hit me.

> The Asteroid Scene in ESB,

> The Entire Space Portion of the Battle of Endor

PT - When Palpatine was Addressing the Galactic Senate telling him that they would become the Empire.

> Vader's First Breath.

> Birth of the Rebellion Scene.

> Opening Scene

sweersa
Originally posted by MasterAshenVor

> Birth of the Rebellion Scene.

Wasn't that one of the deleted scenes?

MasterAshenVor
Yea...well since it was A deleted scene ill replace it with the One where Yoda , Obi Wan and Senator Bail Organa were talkin in the Tantive IV and Yoda and Obi Agreed to go into Hiding and Yoda tells him that he will teach him to commune with his old master Qui Gon Jinn

coolmovies
when anakin goes to wipe out the jedi's at the temple and the music kicks in !! EP3

sweersa
My favorite is right after order 66 is given...that gets me every time.

Very emotional...

Ahsoka Tano
When Luke and Leia made out in ESB.

Gets me everytime.

sweersa
Originally posted by Ahsoka Tano
When Luke and Leia made out in ESB.

Gets me everytime.

Hahaha. I think my favorite part of the OT is either the Imperial Walkers or anytime Luke and Han in the Death Star in the storm trooper disguise.

steverules
Every scene with Jar Jar is a classic

queeq
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.