Trick 'r Treat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MildPossession
The film is an anthology of five Halloween-related scary stories.

It is said that Halloween is the night when the dead rise to walk among us, and other unspeakable things roam free. The rituals of All Hallows Eve were devised to protect us from their evil mischief, and one small town is about to be taught a terrifying lesson that some traditions are best not forgotten.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f50/cleverlymontaged/trt.jpg

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8lOnFPb5hg&feature=related

Has this been released anywhere yet? anyone had a chance to see it at a screening?

steverules
Poster looks good, I'll check out the trailer later

MildPossession
The poster date is wrong apparently, it's been moved to this year or next I think for general release. Just noticed the date.

steverules
It looks like it could be good but I'm just judging a book by it's cover or a movie by it's poster in this case...is the trailer any good?

MildPossession
It looks decent, just click on the trailer link and see for yourself.

steverules
Looks rather good

papabeard
Yeah, been waiting for this for a while, looks decent but who knows

ragesRemorse
ive been looking forward to this movie for a while now as well. I remember seeing a trailer some months ago saying it was going to release in 08. I have heard now it will release in 09.

MildPossession
Well Warner have apparently dropped it and they have decided not to release it... another poster has come out, better than the above one imo, reminds me of 'sack boy' from The Orphanage...

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f50/cleverlymontaged/trt-1.jpg

ragesRemorse
Any news on who may pick it up?

Why did Warner drop this in this first place? Has Warner home video ever said no on anything?

papabeard
Bastards!

MildPossession
All I found was that Warner have dropped it, no reason why.

Röland
Wow, that's a real bummer. I was really looking forward to this.

steverules
Legedary pictures has picked it up and it will be released sometime in 2009

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trick_%27r_Treat

MildPossession
That's part of Warner though...

steverules
Well then...learn something new everyday, but who knows maybe they picked it up again or something

papabeard
Whoop De Whoop!!

cropsy_is_god
Cool. I think this is the first horror film ive looked forward to in a good few yrs.

papabeard
I read that this is going DTV so at least we will still get to see it

MildPossession
http://www.myspace.com/officialmikedougherty

A lot of stuff on the director's myspace page for it.

Impediment
Looks interesting. I'll definitely check this out, especially since Dylan Baker is portraying a psycho. I like his acting style.

Impediment
Has a release date even been set yet?

Röland
Originally posted by Impediment
Has a release date even been set yet?
I've heard a couple rumors. I heard it was supposed to be out today. Then I heard it was just going straight to DVD.

I looked it up on Wikipedia and it says it got pushed back to an undetermined 2009 date.

MildPossession
Warner Home Video is starting a new "buy 5, get 1 free" Blu-ray program for 2009, included in the participating titles list is Michael Dougherty's hotly anticipated TRICK 'R TREAT! It looks like we'll finally be getting this long delayed title this year! The film features four interwoven stories that occur on Halloween: An everyday high school principal has a secret life as a serial killer; a college virgin might have just met the one guy for her; a group of teenagers pull a mean prank; and a woman who loathes the night has to contend with her holiday-obsessed husband.

jinXed by JaNx
Thanks MP. Can't wait

MildPossession
Finally have an official date when we can see it, yay.

MildPossession
The official website is now up:

http://trickrtreat-movie.warnerbros.com/

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by MildPossession
The official website is now up:

http://trickrtreat-movie.warnerbros.com/

That looks excellent.

Prince Nauj
that sucks. I wanted to see it in the theater oh well.

MildPossession
It's showing here in Britain at the Fright Festival in London, if you are near, see if you can get a ticket?

jinXed by JaNx
Hey Mild, how are your bootlegging skillz?

MildPossession
I'm not going this year. sad

jinXed by JaNx
dammit

hows come?

MildPossession
I'm very busy with the house/moving during the end of summer. stick out tongue

HueyFreeman
Definitely a fun movie. The anthology series is a throwback to the horror movies of the 80s. You can tell it got its inspiration from movies like Creepshow, Tales from the Darkside, and the Tales from the Crypt series. All of those old halloween stories that you told each other are here
You have

The Ghost story
The story of what happens to bad kids on Halloween
What happens to adults not in the spirit of the season
Your monster story

All in all I would give it an 8. If you liked the tales from the crypt series you will like this movie.

MildPossession

The Nuul
Just got this...its pretty good.

jinXed by JaNx
This was a great movie. Not to much i can say about it. I don't know if was worth a 3 year wait but im sure it will be considered a classic. It really does feel like a throw back to older ghost stories. The one thing that i can say about the movie is that i appreciated the writing and directing. The Director never tried to make the movie more than it is...,an entertaining compilation of ghost stories. The movie wasn't scared to show you the face of the devil. Everything is as it should be in this movie. It doesn't set you up by forcing you to expect something and then trick you by revealing something different. That's one thing i hate about a lot of modern horror movies. They always try to be something more, they seem to yearn to have an underlying message and they attempt to achieve this by having some forced intellectual ending. What happened to simply scaring and entertaining? Well, Trick r' Treat is one that doesn't want to do anything more than scare you and entertain you while throwing in quite a bit of laughs along the way.

The Nuul
Watched it again, this movie is really cleverly done on how all the stories tie in to each other. The music and the tone is perfect also.

Impediment
I downloaded this on my PS3 last night.

This is a VERY fun movie. I give it a solid 9.

MildPossession
A sequel could be on the way:

Impediment
One thing I have to ask:

Did anyone feel that when Marilyn Manson's "Sweet Dreams" song was playing during the werewolf feast it felt......I dunno.....kinda forced?

The Nuul
It felt like a typical song to me, I wish they would have pick a song that wasnt so main stream. I can see it felt forced.

Impediment
If I had to pick another song, I would have picked Type O Negative's "Love you to Death".

MildPossession
They used that version of Sweet Dreams in the remake of House on Haunted Hill, and that Type O Negative song on the Bride of Chucky soundtrack.

I need to see the scene first to judge.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Impediment
One thing I have to ask:

Did anyone feel that when Marilyn Manson's "Sweet Dreams" song was playing during the werewolf feast it felt......I dunno.....kinda forced?

That was my least favourite segment of the lot. The whole werewolf thing did nothing for me.

The Nuul
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
That was my least favourite segment of the lot. The whole werewolf thing did nothing for me.

Agreed for that bit.

MildPossession
I couldn't wait till Halloween, I watched this last night and I just adore it!! I liked the girls turning into werewolves scene but agree that 'Sweet Dreams' didn't really go well with the scene, and neither would the Type O Negative song. I was expecting them to turn into vampires though, since he was pretending to be one when out killing and then they were really vampires, the whole red riding thing just didn't click for some reason in my head lol.

And Sam is one of the most memorable characters in a long time in the Horror world. Wonderful.

Pity it didn't go to the cinema really.

lil bitchiness
I really want to get my partner to watch it with me on Halloween, because he's all about traditions, curses and karma. I'm sure he'll get psycho for a while about Halloween.

Funny.

Blinky
This looks worth a watch, I'll probably rent it between here and Halloween... then put my two cents in.

ladygrim
poster looks really freaky

The Nuul
It is a great watch and one of the best in the last two years.

MildPossession
I adore the poster, the one with Sam on. smile

ladygrim
might watch it tomorrow sounds interesting big grin

Davis Bloome
Loved this movie, it was great, unlike so many other horror movies that get released now adays. I still wonder why they didn't release it in theaters, it would've had a fantastic run.

K.Diddy
Not a bad little movie, wouldn't go out of my way to buy it though

Myth
Finally got around to seeing this. It was entertaining, but not deserving of too much hoopla.

MildPossession
Good film to watch this Halloween. smile

Dr Mystery

Dr Mystery
I really enjoyed this movie. I was expecting a Creepshow type of thing but it was structured more like Pulp Fiction. Sam is awesome!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.