Wolverine vs Gambit with a twist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Gambit gets infinite cards. He also has an adamantium staff.

Fight in the X-Mansion.

Phantom Zone
Oh god......here we go.....

Mindset
Gambit charges an infinite amount of cards at once and destroys the omniverse. smile

Starscream M
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Oh god......here we go..... what? confused

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Starscream M
what? confused

Its not you. I can see this thread being closed after a flamefest.....or not. Thats what happens with Wolverine vs threads.

snoopdogg
Its not you. I can see this thread being closed after a flamefest.....or not. Thats what happens with Wolverine vs threads. I noticed that also.

Soljer
Its not you. I can see this thread being closed after a flamefest.....or not. Thats what happens with Wolverine vs threads.

Haha.

You noticed that, in Wolverine threads, the thread either gets closed after a flame-war or not.

Guess what, genius?

illadelph12
"Charge & Strike".

redhotrash
I dont think the infinite cards would really matter honestly. 2 decks should be enough, with a winner coming out either way before he gets through them. Gambit is pretty wily, and has gotten the better of Wolverine before at least once. However current Gambit doesnt seem as skilled as the 90s version. I'd probably give Wolverine the majority in this scenario.
As for the thread itself being closed, yeah Im waiting for it. Im surprised neither of our resident Wolverine fanboys have chimed in.

ÇãPž™
Gambit

Starscream M
Originally posted by redhotrash
I dont think the infinite cards would really matter honestly. 2 decks should be enough

infinite cards allow Gambit to be less cautious about using his cards, he can use them without having to worry about conserving supply

plus, Logan's HF will allow him to take a lot of abuse from the cards

redhotrash
yeah but do you think Gambit will have a chance to throw 104 cards before this thing ends?

Starscream M
Originally posted by redhotrash
yeah but do you think Gambit will have a chance to throw 104 cards before this thing ends? yes, he could shoot out cards almost like bullets

he could keep wolverine at bay for a long time if he wanted to imo.

DigiMark007
He could literally be hurling entire decks randomly. There wouldn't ever be an opening for Logan to fit through if Gambit is smart.

Starscream M
Originally posted by DigiMark007
He could literally be hurling entire decks randomly. There wouldn't ever be an opening for Logan to fit through if Gambit is smart. prob not randomly lol

Apolloknight
If gambit can keep his distance he has a chance to come out on top.

Priest
Zc-gkdi3hsA

DigiMark007
Hell, give me couple minutes training and a pocket full of an infinite number of card decks and I could hurl them by the charged handfuls in Logan's general direction. Assuming he couldn't just wade through them as they hit him and then stab me, I'd probably come out of the fight alive because the cards would literally never stop.

The twist makes all the difference. I'd happily give Logan the vast majority normally, but if he's actually using the infinite cards like he could it's an entirely different fight.

illadelph12
That's pretty accurate...

supremthor
Originally posted by Priest
Zc-gkdi3hsA

laughing out loud laughing laughing

Starscream M
Hell, give me couple minutes training and a pocket full of an infinite number of card decks and I could hurl them by the charged handfuls in Logan's general direction. Assuming he couldn't just wade through them as they hit him and then stab me, I'd probably come out of the fight alive because the cards would literally never stop.

The twist makes all the difference. I'd happily give Logan the vast majority normally, but if he's actually using the infinite cards like he could it's an entirely different fight.

doesn't it take time to charge his cards? I mean, if he only touches them, the charge would be very weak, no?

DigiMark007
doesn't it take time to charge his cards? I mean, if he only touches them, the charge would be very weak, no?

How long we talking though? Most times it can't be more than a couple seconds, and as he hurls, say, 52 cards at him in a chaotic flurry he could be charging the next 52.

Like I said, the twist tilts it in his favor mightily.

Starscream M
How long we talking though? Most times it can't be more than a couple seconds, and as he hurls, say, 52 cards at him in a chaotic flurry he could be charging the next 52.

true.

I put the twist in cuz I figured without that, gambit loses 10/10 pretty much.

DigiMark007
true.

I put the twist in cuz I figured without that, gambit loses 10/10 pretty much.

Right, it evens it out. And if he's not smart about using the infinite cards, Logan would take the win off him more often than not.

jinzin
Gambit wins... Unlimited cards ftw.

Apolloknight

He would only need a second or two in order to charge the initial deck after that the barrage will never stop.

Wolverine might be fast enough to close the gap depending on how far they are apart at the bell, but Gambit is no slouch in speed either and I'd wager he could be just as agile in not more then wolverine, so dodging a claw swipe or three is not out of the question either.

jinzin
Originally posted by Apolloknight
He would only need a second or two in order to charge the initial deck after that the barrage will never stop.

Wolverine might be fast enough to close the gap depending on how far they are apart at the bell, but Gambit is no slouch in speed either and I'd wager he could be just as agile in not more then wolverine, so dodging a claw swipe or three is not out of the question either. I think Gambit's agility is generally> Wolverine.

I don't think Gambit'd be too prone to dodging a claws swipe though, Wolverine's hand feats are presumably faster and his fighting skill superior. He's never had a problem getting Remmy on the defensive or just completely outfighting him.

But yeah, closing the distance is gonna be tough. If Gambit throws a card at the ground and jumps back he's just bought himself enough time to unleash all hell on Wolverine.

Wolverine has a 3/10 maybe 4 if I'm stretching at winnin this due to sheer speed and stealth and Gambit takes the majority of course.. But it ain't due to his dodging ability. Upclose Gambit's as good as dead.

Starscream M
Originally posted by jinzin
Upclose Gambit's as good as dead. I gave him an adamantium staff, so he can defend himself upclose.

Eternal Idol
Unlimited cards?

Wolverine wins 10/10 due to Gambit being smothered by a neverending barrage of playing cards.

No, seriously. If we're talking Gambit making cards magically appear in his hands, then he clears a majority over Wolverine. If decks of cards magically appear in his coat pockets after taking one out, then I think Wolverine would pick up about 4 or 5 wins out of ten, due to Gambit's having to go on the defensive for a bit as he reaches back in for a pack of cards.

In either case, unlimited cards to charge give Gambit the firepower and range to take the fight to Wolverine.

jinzin
I gave him an adamantium staff, so he can defend himself upclose. Wolverine's disarmed him of his staff or bypassed it 3 times... In fact I think his staff is ALREADY Adamantium iirc, so that's not gonna make a difference if Logan gets in close.

jinzin
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Unlimited cards?

Wolverine wins 10/10 due to Gambit being smothered by a neverending barrage of playing cards.

smothering cards ftw.

psycho gundam
in contest of champions II gambit wins a fight with wolverine via rear choke with the staff.

Apolloknight
Originally posted by psycho gundam
in contest of champions II gambit wins a fight with wolverine via rear choke with the staff.

Really?

psycho gundam
yeah ,i have it here. gimme a sec to scan it.

Starscream M
gambit has unlimited decks...meaning he can reach into his coat for a new pack everytime he runs out of his current deck

this doesn't mean that he gets unlimited cards shooting out from his hands however

don't know if this changes anything

jinzin
Yes.. that's exactly what happened.. no
http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/3937/gambitaz6.png

Rogue comes in to distract Logan allowing Remmy to cheap shot him.
He was going to lose that fight and Logan wasn't even in his right mind for craps sake. erm

psycho gundam
my mistake, gambit still "wins" but it was from a broodqueen inhabited rogue that let gambit kinetic card him in the back.

jinzin
gambit has unlimited decks...meaning he can reach into his coat for a new pack everytime he runs out of his current deck

this doesn't mean that he gets unlimited cards shooting out from his hands however

don't know if this changes anything

Then it does. Gambit tends to lose fights with Logan in that case.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5208/remlo3rdclawph7.jpg

Starscream M
Then it does. Gambit tends to lose fights with Logan in that case.

what does that scan have to do with my stipulation? Just because he has unlimited decks in his pockets rather than cards from his hands doesn't mean he has to resort to hand to hand combat against logan (which he obviously stands no chance).

jinzin
my mistake, gambit still "wins" but it was from a broodqueen inhabited rogue that let gambit kinetic card him in the back.

Yeah.. he don't do so hot without help.
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/3166/gambitix5.jpg
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/5574/gambit2bq8.jpg

jinzin
what does that scan have to do with my stipulation? Just because he has unlimited decks in his pockets rather than cards from his hands doesn't mean he has to resort to hand to hand combat against logan (which he obviously stands no chance).

Gambit's lost fights with Wolverine before having the chance to even help himself to drawing cards out. What does that tell you?

psycho gundam
what does that scan have to do with my stipulation? Just because he has unlimited decks in his pockets rather than cards from his hands doesn't mean he has to resort to hand to hand combat against logan (which he obviously stands no chance). all those explosion will cause a lot of smoke to fill the battlefield, thus covering logans recovery period and his eventual appearance behind remy and well..... "SNIKT!"

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Apolloknight

Wolverine might be fast enough to close the gap depending on how far they are apart at the bell, but Gambit is no slouch in speed either and I'd wager he could be just as agile in not more then wolverine, so dodging a claw swipe or three is not out of the question either.

To be quite honest if they start relatively close 1 sceond is an eternity.

I think Gambit's agility is generally> Wolverine.

Whys that?

snoopdogg
Gambit wins.

Soljer
If not specified, they start half a kilometer apart, no?

Of course, hard to start that far apart in the X-mansion...

Still. This fight depends entirely upon the distance between combatants at the sound of the gong.

(Or, if they don't start within view of each other, how close Wolverine can get to Gambit before Gambit's aware he's there.)

Lord Feron
Yeah gambit lost but he never had a unlimited deck before.... I think with a unlimited deck he can be quite creative with his moves. Shooting a deck out of each hand or whole decks decks around the area. So yeah like ppl said as long as Gmabit can keep the distance he can win.

Apolloknight
Originally posted by Soljer

(Or, if they don't start within view of each other, how close Wolverine can get to Gambit before Gambit's aware he's there.)

Hmm, kinda adds a new twist right here. If this is the case wolverine should be able to get pretty close seeing as his superhuman senses will come into play.

redhotrash
Wouldnt mind seeing Gambit charge the tip of his staff then smacking Wolverine in the fact with it. Hes been able to do similiar tricks with his staff before, with no explanation why the entire thing didnt blow up.

Battlehammer
If Logan and Gambit do not start within few of one another gambit is ****ed lol.

carnage52
is this evil gambit or old gambit?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.