Beta Ray Bill vs Martian Manhunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
http://image.comicvine.com:8000/item/7000/6139/134741-beta-ray-bill_400.jpg vs http://image.comicvine.com:8000/item/3000/2047/184996-martian-manhunter_400.jpg

Lord Feron
If we were talking just physical It would be a good fight and BRB would have a chance. But MM would prolly whoop his ass via mental attacks. So MM ftw.

Endless Mike
J'onn 8/10

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Lord Feron
If we were talking just physical It would be a good fight and BRB would have a chance. But MM would prolly whoop his ass via mental attacks. So MM ftw. If it were just physical, Beta Ray Bill would whoop J'onn's butt all over the place. He straight up beat Stardust and they blew up planets while fighting. J'onn is nowhere near their range. I've seen Beta Ray Bill stand up to Major Victory's (older, more powerful Vance Astro) mental attacks in 'Thor Corps.' Past that, I've never seen anyone actually use telepathic attacks on him. So I think it's arguable that telepathy gives J'onn the "automatic" win here. Anybody know if Beta Ray Bill has encountered telepathy before?

Lord Feron
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
If it were just physical, Beta Ray Bill would whoop J'onn's butt all over the place. He straight up beat Stardust and they blew up planets while fighting. J'onn is nowhere near their range. I've seen Beta Ray Bill stand up to Major Victory's (older, more powerful Vance Astro) mental attacks in 'Thor Corps.' Past that, I've never seen anyone actually use telepathic attacks on him. So I think it's arguable that telepathy gives J'onn the "automatic" win here. Anybody know if Beta Ray Bill has encountered telepathy before?

K fine BRB wins in a physical fight anyway i like him better smile but yeah I to would like to know how well telepahty works on BRB. FYI MM is suppose to be i very powerful mentally in teh DCU. amirite u DC fanboys!

carver9
I'll give this to beta ray, he's just to powerful. The guy blew up planets while fighting stardust, he could basically one shot jonn.

The Illuminati
Originally posted by carver9
I'll give this to beta ray, he's just to powerful. The guy blew up planets while fighting stardust, he could basically one shot jonn.

yes That is possible. Not probable but, possible.

BRB 8/10

quanchi112
BRB wins.

ultimatethor
BRB wins

Nihilist
sheephead ftw

OneDumbG0
K fine BRB wins in a physical fight anyway i like him better smile but yeah I to would like to know how well telepahty works on BRB. FYI MM is suppose to be i very powerful mentally in teh DCU. amirite u DC fanboys! The only time I seen a telepathic attack used was by the aforementioned Major Victory. Granted, I don't have the comic with me, it's at my parent's house, but he's ambushed by the Guardians of the Galaxy and the first thing that hits him is Vance's tp attack. He staggers only a bit and the Guardians of the Galaxy are surprised, so they try to wail on him. Beta Ray Bill starts to fight back until Starhawk stops the fight, sensing that he is a noble soul.

I don't know an awful lot about Major Victory to compare him with J'onn's level of telepathy. I know at that time, his powers were upgraded from receiving a dose of Hollywood's blood (insanely more powerful future Wonderman). Past that, I only know he is more powerful than his 616 counterpart, Justice. How much more, no clue. Any Guardians of the Galaxy buffs out there?

Because then the only comparison is how classic Thor or someone like Masterson Thor fared against telepathic attacks. And to be fair, I know classic Thor's been subdued by telepathy before. I don't think it'd be automatic victory, because I don't see J'onn automatically winning against Black Adam and some such... so I'll reserve my judgment til I see more.

Lord Feron
The only time I seen a telepathic attack used was by the aforementioned Major Victory. Granted, I don't have the comic with me, it's at my parent's house, but he's ambushed by the Guardians of the Galaxy and the first thing that hits him is Vance's tp attack. He staggers only a bit and the Guardians of the Galaxy are surprised, so they try to wail on him. Beta Ray Bill starts to fight back until Starhawk stops the fight, sensing that he is a noble soul.

I don't know an awful lot about Major Victory to compare him with J'onn's level of telepathy. I know at that time, his powers were upgraded from receiving a dose of Hollywood's blood (insanely more powerful future Wonderman). Past that, I only know he is more powerful than his 616 counterpart, Justice. How much more, no clue. Any Guardians of the Galaxy buffs out there?

Because then the only comparison is how classic Thor or someone like Masterson Thor fared against telepathic attacks. And to be fair, I know classic Thor's been subdued by telepathy before. I don't think it'd be automatic victory, because I don't see J'onn automatically winning against Black Adam and some such... so I'll reserve my judgment til I see more.

Thanx for the info... but another thing seeing how thor asgardian body is vastly different from BRB genetically engineered body one might be able to assume that mental attacks may not be as successful on BRB than Thor. This is speculation tho so... sad yea idk.

Faceman
Goat face.

OneDumbG0
Thanx for the info... but another thing seeing how thor asgardian body is vastly different from BRB genetically engineered body one might be able to assume that mental attacks may not be as successful on BRB than Thor. This is speculation tho so... sad yea idk. I thought of that too. But I think it'd be the other way around. Since Thor is an immortal Asgardian and Beta Ray Bill is an alien imbued with some Odinforce power, I would see Beta Ray Bill as being more susceptible to mind attacks. Immortal Asgardian soul vs. alien blessed with Odinpower. That's why I brought up Masterson Thor. He's imbued with the power of Thor, but he doesn't possess an immortal Asgardian soul at his core. Add to that, J'onn doesn't seem to have a problem with alien minds as far as I know and if anything, has more of a problem with immortals like Black Adam.

Anyway, what the sh-t? Where did all the MMH fanboys go? Why am I defending his green butt? I was harshin on MMH and all his fans over in the WWH vs. MMH thread a while back!

sick

I love DC
Has a mind attack ever been attempted on Bill.

Grinning Goku
I think Bill. Awesome pic of J'onn btw.

Likwid
Bill is TP resistant....which means BRB is the victor here. He goes for the throat right away.

Lord Feron
I thought of that too. But I think it'd be the other way around. Since Thor is an immortal Asgardian and Beta Ray Bill is an alien imbued with some Odinforce power, I would see Beta Ray Bill as being more susceptible to mind attacks. Immortal Asgardian soul vs. alien blessed with Odinpower. That's why I brought up Masterson Thor. He's imbued with the power of Thor, but he doesn't possess an immortal Asgardian soul at his core. Add to that, J'onn doesn't seem to have a problem with alien minds as far as I know and if anything, has more of a problem with immortals like Black Adam.

Anyway, what the sh-t? Where did all the MMH fanboys go? Why am I defending his green butt? I was harshin on MMH and all his fans over in the WWH vs. MMH thread a while back!

sick

lol

Bouboumaster
Beta Ray Bill is a middle or High herald lvler. He eats Jonn.

fangirl101
THIS IS TUFF. MM CAN JUST ATTACK VIA INVISIBILITY AND PHASE AND TP. HOW CAN BETA FIGHT THAT? OR MM COULD APPROACH AND LOOK LIKE THOR AND TRICK BETA. SO MANY WAYS FOR MM TO WIN. IT'S REALLY HIS FIGHT TO LOSE. BUT HE IS LIKE THE SUCKIEST OF ALL THE SUPER POWERFUL GUYS.

MM LOSES DUE TO STUPID WRITING.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.