Publisher Summary for Invincible

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Sexy
I found this shit interesting...

It's a plan that will be as difficult and dangerous to execute as it is daring. For Caedus is a scion of both the Skywalker and Solo bloodlines whose command of the Force surpasses even that of his grandfather Darth Vader. There is only one who is bound by destiny to stand against him in what will surely be a duel to the death, only one with an outside chance of bringing down the Dark Lord who was once Jacen Solo.

So now apparently Jacen Solo's command of the force surpasses Anakin Skywalker who was supposed to be the most powerful Jedi ever.. I'm going to assume they're talking about Darth Vader as the machine which is understandable. But also claiming that Jacen's regime would be more tyrannical than Palpatine's is hilarious. To top it off, apparently you have to have the DESTINY of killing Caedus to actually do it. It would be too easy if Luke did it.. Man I hate the LOTF series..

General Zink
Go figure, they have to make it sound exciting and they don't give a damn about continuity.

Isn't there a thread for this?

truejedi
that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard of. They are so desperate to make Caedus sound dangerous when luke has completely owned him in EVERY encounter. Every one.

Tangible God
It's not even like Caedus was horribly maimed, or absent for years, his fall was kinda...iffy.

Lord Melkor
So Jacen is evil nowadays? I stopped reading Star Wars halfway through the young stuff.... but I mostly remember him as boy that liked animals.

Elite Hunter
Wookieepedia has started posting some spoilers already.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Wookieepedia has started posting some spoilers already.

I don't know how to post a spoiler alert but who gives a shit, the LOTF series sucks anyways. According to star wars wikipedia;

Death
Jacen was mortally wounded by his sister, Jaina, in a duel. His last act was to scream through the Force to Tenel Ka to protect Allana, their daughter. His Sith apprentice, Tahiri Veila, was defeated in a duel by Ben Skywalker and brought into Hapan custody.

So there you have it, no sense in reading the final novel although I'm going to anyways. The whole idea was stupid considering the fact that jacen and Luke were the most powerful beings in the galaxy and were therefore supposed to have a final battle of titanic proportions..

Elite Hunter
I think we can expect to see a "drunken" Luke still crying over the lost Mara in every scene in which he appears.

Darth Sexy
Man, I hate LOTF

Blax_Hydralisk
So Jaina > Jacen in lightsaber skillz?

And actually no, I wasn't expecting Luke to beat him. I think everyone knows that Luke will wipe his ass with Jacen, so it wouldn't be that great. It'd be like the final fight in Rots being Yoda vs. Anakin or something.

truejedi
well... that really sucks. I wish you had known how to post a spoiler alert. i guess i thought since you didn't know how, you weren't going to post the spoiler... oh well.. thus is life.

Darth Sexy
Well at the same time, the finale was kind of obvious don't you think? Jacen was going to go down to either Luke (which would have been most logical), or Jaina, and the cover of the novel spoiled it. I am going to read it because I want to see what paths various characters take, specifically the new sith order, and the Skywalkers..

truejedi
yeah, that's true. i was holding out hope that Jacen would kill jaina, and then luke could kill jacen, and we could be done with solo children forever though.

Darth Sexy
I just wanted Luke and Jacen to fight such a titanic battle that they open up a portal to another dimension and after Luke kills Jacen, he leaves to another dimension forever.. I'm a little weird.

Lightsnake
Fun fact: Jacen is so demented, he can't even fight properly...

From TFN:

Jacen's orders make no strategic sense.
* Jacen's orders make no political sense.
* Jacen makes no effort to hide he's a lunatic.
* Jacen has nightmares everytime he goes to bed.
* Jacen admits to psychotic actions to people around him.
* Jacen kills people in fits of pique.
* Jacen has no master plan for bringing peace to the galaxy.
* Jacen is paranoid to the point of believing his cape is plotting against him.
* Jacen has this weird psychotic hatred of his parents.
* Jacen attempts to torture Ben into obeying him without any real sense of how to make him want to be his apprentice.
* It's not until the last moment Jacen realizes he's LOSING the war.

Atticus
Its seems like these Authors all try to 1up each other even try to 1up lucas. they think power levels make there story more important that poor marketing and poor work ethics (insult to star wars and literature in general)
and by the way Jasen= the perfection of sw Faggotry.

EDIT:sorry i just hate all the njo authors sooo much.

Jbill311
Originally posted by Atticus
Its seems like these Authors all try to 1up each other even try to 1up lucas. they think power levels make there story more important that poor marketing and poor work ethics (insult to star wars and literature in general)
and by the way Jasen= the perfection of sw Faggotry.

EDIT:sorry i just hate all the njo authors sooo much.

Seconded.

ps: The sith were supposed to be gone after palpatine. (in the 2nd death star.)

skywalker833
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
I just wanted Luke and Jacen to fight such a titanic battle that they open up a portal to another dimension and after Luke kills Jacen, he leaves to another dimension forever.. I'm a little weird.
Same, except the "that they open up a portal to another dimension and after Luke kills Jacen, he leaves to another dimension forever.. I'm a little weird." part.

truejedi
i know, if vader didn't destroy the sith, then he wasn't the chosen one... kinda weird...

Atticus
1uped lucas

City Hunter
Those authors are a bunch of retards.

They keep claiming about how powerful Caedus is, when in every single duel with Luke, he gets shit on and they try to pass it off as to how 'powerful' he is.

Sounds kind of like N00baris, when you think about it(Which goes to show just how stupid these 'authors' really are)laughing out loud .

Lord Knightfa11
omg... that is so sad.

Darth Exodus
He did, but a wolf's head can still bite even when severed.

Just becuase you destroy something doesn't mean that it can't be resurrected......... look at the Spice girls 'shudder'.

Blax_Hydralisk
What's Jacen's best feat so far?

City Hunter
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
What's Jacen's best feat so far? Getting shitted on by his uncle.

truejedi
i remember him sitting in a chair, unable to move, though he was trying his hardest, and being unable to move for several minutes after Luke left his office.... That was impressive...

Allankles
I can't believe this shit, to think of how they butchered Jacen's character after the Vong series. It's just unbelievable.

Traitor was one of the few half-decent pieces of literature concerning the NJO, and the star of that Novel winds up as a mad little sacrificial lamb to one of the worst plots in the history of the EU (which is saying something considering how many bad story archs there've been in the EU). Wow!

Darth Exodus
During the Vong wars Jacen did some uber technique when he glowed and flew. He was immerses in the force or something. Anyway he did something impressive there. I think he killed some guy who was behind the war .

truejedi
onimi, yeah, but the thing was, onimi, physically wasn't all that strong. Shimrra was the great warrior, and Luke killed him... Onimi was just a genius, and genius's don't beat a common warrior in combat.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Darth Exodus
During the Vong wars Jacen did some uber technique when he glowed and flew. He was immerses in the force or something. Anyway he did something impressive there. I think he killed some guy who was behind the war .

Here is the passage, he pretty much became one with the force without dieing.

skywalker833
yeah, it was awesome.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.