pirates quiet lately..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tramps Lady
yea...so...whats up? the threads are all quiet i think...everytime i come on which is about once a day...theres about 2 or 3 threads with new posts...where is everyone? Work? School? because its boring:P

tee_pirategirl
I was away for a while because of school but I have spring break now. I'm on once a day and I find myself with the same problem. Where is everyone? If everyone just posts once a day on even one thread it'll be just like the good ol' days

J.P Jaeh_Poole
Sorry guys- even tho I'm still all over our Captain *sighs* but... gah! I'm nuts all over Riley Poole and I can't seem to find anything that sparks my interest with POTC! *gasp* I didn't just admit that, didn't I?

but if something comes up, I'll be here.. I'm always here, I just don't post as much as before...

I mean after the "Pimple" incident everything went all downhill.. its her fault!

Micheal_Myers
There isnt really any Pirates news to talk about....~.~....I mean, I guess all you fan girls could just gather and talk about how hot Jack or Will is...but...you know...that doesnt have much discussion value. You wont see me here anymore till another Pirates sequel is on its way.

Nanami_XIV
I'm just plain tired of PotC...-.- I mean,if there REALLY is a 4th movie coming,then the series is ruined. So I don't even bother anymore. erm

IheartPocky
I keep checking too. *sigh* smile

willofthewisp
Things are bound to die down a little, tramps. During the hey-day, we had another movie to look forward to and a lot of unanswered questions to speculate. Now that it's over, until another movie or a bunch of books come out like what happened with Star Wars, we're just going to have to be creative with what we discuss.

savvysparrowluv
I've been absent lately too - just kinda lost interest in sparrabeth atm, spuffy has taken over my heart and mind, lol. I'm still in awed shock that I'm actually shipping a canon couple on screen, hahaha!

Tramps Lady
lmao...i know that its all because we've had another movie to wait for, but now no one even says hi...its lonely lol. :P

sailorleo
Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
There isnt really any Pirates news to talk about....~.~....I mean, I guess all you fan girls could just gather and talk about how hot Jack or Will is...but...you know...that doesnt have much discussion value. You wont see me here anymore till another Pirates sequel is on its way.

dude, if you hanged around this site more often you'd know what's wrong with the sentence...*cough* will = hot *cough* pfft....but no, I totally understand the whole popularity wanning. But I will NEVER NEVER NEVER be over norrington...you can't have him!!! *hugglez the norringotn plushie*

texgodiva2s
Life at work=living fresh hell every day, er, every hour!!

Beautiful spring=great birding in the month of April

My mama(77)+10X20 storage unit=Hell on earth, squared!!!

Competing realities really interfering with my drug of choice: Hanging out with my fellow piratistas---ARRRRRRRAUUUUUGGGGHHHHHHH! eek! eek! eek! eek! eek! eek! eek! eek! eek!

tee_pirategirl
well the dying down is quite expected but what IS left of us will go down with the ship. it's not even about POTC anymore. i love spending time and talking to u guys...whether it's about our favorite ship or anything else!
and yup...i knew that a lot people who were gushing and gasping and saying it was their fave movie but didn't mean it. this is what's left of us.
we're the creative lot.

u might go to other things but like every other loving relationship...the sparks might die out but the love is still there big grin

IheartPocky
Aww thats so true tee! The love is still there! eek! hehe Even though I may not feel like watching the movies or anything lol I still won't deny it as my #1 fav movie. (or franchise I suppose! hehe)

texgodiva2s
Miz Teegirl, yep, I'm with you--married up to this series, good parts, bad parts and all inbetween. I loved Mr. Depp in other thangs, will continue to follow his career til my eyeballs fall outta my haid--but you know, I'm going to be embracing my inner pirate when I'm 112. I refuse to budge on this--not stuck in it--just find it meets almost all my needs for a code...gotta have something to live by and there's worse lots worse folks to pick for role models. He's that basically honest, clever, bright, man that gets your attention for any of a 100 reasons, holds it for another 100 and you still wake up (at least I do) and find out something new about the man and the ways of the pirates. I'm dedicated to that what I loves, the heroic tale, the courtly love and knights' honor--I'm good for Lord of the Rings and Camelot til I pass from this earth, been loving them all my life--so yes, this place has given me y'all (and through the back door of loving y'all and honoring y'all, I got me too). We can call it kumquat kingdom for all I care. I respect this space and y'all and the little ugliness we had to endure only made this stronger in all I think.

J.P Jaeh_Poole
Originally posted by savvysparrowluv
I've been absent lately too - just kinda lost interest in sparrabeth atm, spuffy has taken over my heart and mind, lol. I'm still in awed shock that I'm actually shipping a canon couple on screen, hahaha!

I know the feeling stick out tongue

Originally posted by tee_pirategirl
well the dying down is quite expected but what IS left of us will go down with the ship. it's not even about POTC anymore. i love spending time and talking to u guys...whether it's about our favorite ship or anything else!
and yup...i knew that a lot people who were gushing and gasping and saying it was their fave movie but didn't mean it. this is what's left of us.
we're the creative lot.

u might go to other things but like every other loving relationship...the sparks might die out but the love is still there big grin

DEFINITELY TRUE! the love will always be there.. stick out tongue

aww guys, I miss you lots!

willofthewisp
Welcome back, sailor. I don't know if you've officially been gone, but it's been a while since I've talked to you. How is dear James?

sailorleo
James is beautifully dramatic and British as ever. He's my one true constant in this bitter cold world...

katelovespirate
I'm not ready to give this place up. I love you all too much! smile haha. and we're a creative bunch. There's always something for us to talk about.

I'm in the midst of finals and this month has been killer. When I come out the other end of finals on Tuesday, I will have a life again.

PirateDiva
Awww this thread both depresses me and makes me feel all tingly inside!! lol

Depresses me bc its sad to hear ppl, who spent so many hours here being Passionate about Pirates with us and suddenly hearing them say that Pirates is dying to them. sad I still love Pirates with all my life...maybe bc to me Pirates opened up a whole new world! It led me down a path i never thought possible, but one that I'm loving very much!

And it makes me feel all tingly bc i too refuse to give this place up! like you've all said It's not only about Pirates anymore, it's about coming here to spend time with u girls smile It's sad that some of the girls we all adore have forgotten about that part! sad I love this place and all u girls and what this forum represented for me for 2 years! I've had some amazing times on this forum with all of you! I'll never forget it and thats why I'm hanging on to this place!

I totally agree Tee....the love will always be there and I have no doubts that at some point this love that is slowly starting to fall asleep for most will be woken up again! smile

texgodiva2s
ImpPiDiva, well hell, 2 years ago you was just a little piratista girl==just stretching and reaching and going through the closet, trying on this and that getting a feel for it==(I think about Elisabeth first time we see her in breeches, as opposed to AWE pants)==I like to think now I get up and suit up, baldric in place, don't have to figure out what goes where, pistol cleaned, sword sharp as razor, hat just so (literally or figuratively),
and I embrace my inner pirate and I'm off==yeah, I was giddy when I first come here, besotted, pixalated, wine locked on luv for the good captain and crew. There were others who loved like I loved, there were beautiful words, quick thoughts lightening, wide zigzaggy flashes of brillance from all==big old sweet tea taste, rum soup, rum toast, rum rum rum and the delicious high of it--

then I found out I could play with y'all as my piratista self and my get up and go to work Monday self--yeah, now that makes it a bit different donchano?

I have learned to embrace my inner pirate==to be that free woman--we have our Piratista scholars in Jaeh, Zac, Nanamii, Piratista artists in Miz Kate, you ImpPiDiva, Miz Iheart, Miz Savvy, Piratista mother/warrior in Miz WilloftheWisp--so in me, there's always this hum in my head, not the same giddiness, but still in love. Oh, my, hopeful romantic, (Kathleen Turner, Romancing the Stone)--

Tramps Lady
i know the feeling Diva. I've loved pirates for like ever...but there is just nothing happening with them atm. except that they're havent a whole month of pirates of aussie tv...i never want to give this place up. you girls mean soooo much to mesmile

Ericadawn
I have to admit that while I still write fanfic for Pirates, I don't follow it as much as I used to. I'm more active with LiveJournal also.

T.Maria
hi guys smile *waves*

Wow...Im saddened by how much i don't come here anymore sad I love you all!! Pirates will always be in my heart, but at the moment my heart has taken in another two ships...

*puts head down guiltily for admitting to leading SavvySparrow down the same spuffy path*

I'm sure things may pick up if we get confirmation of another potc film...

*sigh*
Willo, congrats!!!! extatic for you and your beautiful son!!! big grin
Wow...everything has changed so much heresad

Can u believe it was almost a year ago that we had the ending to AWE leaked to us????

*cries*
good times....good times...

sailorleo
T.Maria! *attacks* mine!!! *hugs her possessively*

willofthewisp
T.Maria, you know, I never fully believed that ending, waiting to see it for my own eyes, lol. I just remember the excitement that was this time last year, a full countdown to AWE. No wonder we were all a little disappointed.

T.Maria
Ahhhh Sailor!!!

*squeezes tight*
Long time no talk, ive missed you and Mr Norrie soooo much!!! big grin

And willo...i know what you mean....looking back, i can see how much i was in denial about the whole thing sad ...
i dedicated a whole year to a ship that could have been amazing...but hey, its better to let ur imagination run wild, than it is to let the writers give you what you want and the take it away from you...

Oh no...wait...they DID do that...

*grumbles*
lol. smile

PirateDiva
*grabs T.Maria's free arm and pulls her away from Sailor* Noooo! MINE!! She is MY drinking Buddy!! lol

The memory i could never erase from my mind is all those times where I would literally come straight home to read T. Maria's DMC Bloopers and Diaries!! ROTFLMAO laughing!!! I dont think I've ever laughed that much in my life!! lol...I think the reason why I loved them so much was bc T.Maria gave us all a chance to go on adventures together through her writing! It was just sooo much fun! Especially the "Hells Bells" series (when Sailor and Norrie got married)! LMAO!!! *sighs* Good Times!!

Member those T.? lol

sailorleo
yes she does *grabs back T. * And she loves me more, don't you pet? *sailor pats T.Maria's head and norrie comes out of the woodwork to stare down PirateDiva menacingly*

pirate179
AHH T. ive missed you too!

T.Maria
Originally posted by PirateDiva
*grabs T.Maria's free arm and pulls her away from Sailor* Noooo! MINE!! She is MY drinking Buddy!! lol

The memory i could never erase from my mind is all those times where I would literally come straight home to read T. Maria's DMC Bloopers and Diaries!! ROTFLMAO laughing!!! I dont think I've ever laughed that much in my life!! lol...I think the reason why I loved them so much was bc T.Maria gave us all a chance to go on adventures together through her writing! It was just sooo much fun! Especially the "Hells Bells" series (when Sailor and Norrie got married)! LMAO!!! *sighs* Good Times!!

Member those T.? lol

DIVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! big grin

*runs and squashes her drinking buddy into a humungous hug....and then brings in pirate179 and sailor into the huddle* Happy Dance

Ah! The diaries and bloopers...*tears up* Awww diva! I remember those days, they were amazing!!!!!! big grinbig grin I loved writing and seeing what everyone else had written also eek!

That was almost 2 years ago...how freaky is that wink

And 'Hells bells'....ah! we had so much fun back then!!!!! laughing
Ah...they need to hurry and make another POTC film so we can do more of those smile

*Gives hugs and kisses to all* big grin

Tramps Lady
*runs up to T and hugs her" smile

texgodiva2s
okay, get off our collective duffs--Hoist your colours, piratistas, let's gather the brethern for an anniversary week sign in and catch up--it showed on the 23 of May last year right? Let's say a 24 hour period where everyone who was here comes by, calls or writes!! really, we can send out private message invites to those we have love who aren't posting as much as before--what say ye? A week, weekend, 24 hours==your choice for what you think we can pull off--I know there are some peoples who were here when I first got here and now they are gone. I want them back, with pics, stories, booty, babies, whatever the hecky do they might think of sharing. And we'ns what's still sticking, how about silly pirate dressup picts to be posted in Meet your fellow....even if'n its only a hat! A scarf, a sword--I loves y'all and think we need a little party--I'm only a half a hair (blonde) envious of how many hugs Minah receives....any takers any ideas!! angel

and bye the bye, not quiet, pirates no quiet, why, we're just off watch--shore leave donchano? And what happens in Tortuga usually requires both hands, a bit of coin, and well, you get the drift.....

T.Maria
*gives hugs to the whole board*

We need a big pirate party big grinbig grin

savvysparrowluv
GAH! I love it Tex, lets totally do that! A proper pirate reunion is just what we need big grin

*gives out hugs too*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.