Grandmaster vs a Watcher vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Marvel
It appears as if the Grandmaster might be on a level equivalent to that of some of the most powerful non-abstract beings, if so can he take a watcher?

or Maybe Thanos?

Discuss!

Give reasons!

Utrigita
Going with the Watcher

guy222
Same

Thanos isn't beating a Skyfather or above w/his own power

Bouboumaster
Watcher is a notch above Thanos in term of power... Unless prep is involve, wich would give him the victory, even on Grandmaster. Grandmaster lose.

guy222
Uatu

Enyalus
Meh, I'm taking Thanos.

Galactus was able to beat a Watcher like a little school girl. At least when fighting Thanos, Galactus had to 'deplete vital energies' - and Thanos didn't even want to fight. Besides that, he's beaten the Maker. And Uatu was knocked out by Rulk. stick out tongue

Thanos wins.

occultdestroyer
A Watcher

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

kgkg
Watcher for easy win

fangirl101
Originally posted by Enyalus
Meh, I'm taking Thanos.

Galactus was able to beat a Watcher like a little school girl. At least when fighting Thanos, Galactus had to 'deplete vital energies' - and Thanos didn't even want to fight. Besides that, he's beaten the Maker. And Uatu was knocked out by Rulk. stick out tongue

Thanos wins.
Thanos was in his ship and used his ship's shields. Thanos had prep in fighting Big G. Are you serious? OMG.

Enyalus
Originally posted by fangirl101
Thanos was in his ship and used his ship's shields. Thanos had prep in fighting Big G. Are you serious? OMG.

Be serious. Thanos was on Galactus' ship. Explain to me what Galactus would be doing on Thanos' ship? And I think you may be a bit confused. smile The first battle, where Galactus stated that he had depleted vital energies battling Thanos, was without prep. The second battle in the same arc, where Thanos beat The Hunger and Galactus at the same time, was with several hours of prep.

And Thanos has personal forcefields. It wasn't his ship's tech - clearly - because he wasn't on his ship.

fangirl101
Be serious. Thanos was on Galactus' ship. Explain to me what Galactus would be doing on Thanos' ship? And I think you may be a bit confused. smile The first battle, where Galactus stated that he had depleted vital energies battling Thanos, was without prep. The second battle in the same arc, where Thanos beat The Hunger and Galactus at the same time, was with several hours of prep.

And Thanos has personal forcefields. It wasn't his ship's tech - clearly - because he wasn't on his ship.
Sorry. Thanos's personal shields do not cover his entire body. The force fields that cover him are part of his tech. He even says, all defensive shielding. So he had some prep and it wasn't part of his personal power.

batdude123
Watcher.

Enyalus
...What would his personal shields cover, then? His torso? Head? Why wouldn't they cover all of his body. And of course it's part of his tech...standard equipment he carries on him. He used three against Omega, when he had prep.

comicfan11
Watcher in a stomp

Tenebrous

You misremember the event. Galactus stated that "never before" had he had to "exert" himself "to pierce a mere forcefield"

That's entirely different from "depleting vital energies." Completely different.

Exert means to make concerted effort. Exert does not mean try hard.

If you're on the tv couch, and you go up to the tv to change the channel instead of using the remote, you've exerted yourself.

Essentially, Galactus had never before had to do more than "change the channel" using the remote. Against thanos, he actually had to "get off the couch" to do it.

So the outcome was never in doubt...the means of producing that outcome however, required more effort on G's part than he was accustomed to do.

This is much, much more a feat for Thanos than it has anything to do with Galactus.

This is like saying a Celestial had to exert itself to read Xavier's mind. Much more of a feat for Xavier.

Enyalus
Galactus says both. The "depleting vital energies" is, I believe, on the very page after that, when Galactus goes back to the crucifix Infinity Gems thing.

iceman24567
Watcher.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.