War of Words

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
so, let's remove all powers from this battle. the only weapons are words and wit. think of lines that some of your faves have said that made you think -- damn, now THAT was f****** cool!! doesn't necessarily have to be funny, could be . . . awe-inspiring. in a nutshell, you score points with the best one-liners or by simply talking the best smack. i'll put down just a couple names to get things started and you can tell me who you think would win a war of words. feel free to add your own contestants. of course, if you have any examples of lines used by your faves in the past, that'd be especially cool. smile i'll add a couple of my faves somewhere along the line.

batman
ironman
spiderman
thanos
superman
apocalypse
captain america
thor

psycho gundam
thanos is the absolute winner, in far second is apocalypse.
these two make heroes feel small.

tkitna
Doom FTW

Blax_Hydralisk
Spidey. Dude's wit and crap-tastic jokes can make anyone pissed.

If not him; Deadpool.

Mr. Slippyfist
Thor.

Srsly. They should have his reaction to everything shocking in comics.

cmack
superman loses handsdown, but thanos is such a pompous jackass, who thinks hes better and knows everything

complexbrother
Midnighter

redhotrash
I got a kick out of when Galactus pretty much shut up Thanos during one of their altercations dealing Magnus.
Galactus: This is our plan to deal with Magnus....
Thanos: Does Might Galactus think that will actually work?
Galactus: Does puny Thanos have another idea?
Thanos: No..
Galactus: Then let silence reign!

Tenebrous
Originally posted by redhotrash
I got a kick out of when Galactus pretty much shut up Thanos during one of their altercations dealing Magnus.
Galactus: This is our plan to deal with Magnus....
Thanos: Does Might Galactus think that will actually work?
Galactus: Does puny Thanos have another idea?
Thanos: No..
Galactus: Then let silence reign!

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/9004/infintywars0623io1.jpg

leonidas
laughing out loud

nice . . .

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by leonidas
so, let's remove all powers from this battle. the only weapons are words and wit. think of lines that some of your faves have said that made you think -- damn, now THAT was f****** cool!! doesn't necessarily have to be funny, could be . . . awe-inspiring. in a nutshell, you score points with the best one-liners or by simply talking the best smack. i'll put down just a couple names to get things started and you can tell me who you think would win a war of words. feel free to add your own contestants. of course, if you have any examples of lines used by your faves in the past, that'd be especially cool. smile i'll add a couple of my faves somewhere along the line.

batman
ironman
spiderman
thanos
superman
apocalypse
captain america
thor

What about a speech?

Galan007
For some reason Galactus using the word "annoying" just doesn't fit.

Mindset
Captain America wins.

After having to listen to his 10 hour speech about what it means to be an American the rest of the combatants kill themselves.

leonidas
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
What about a speech?

speeches count. any words that could score points with the 'judges'. if the speech is awesome, the character could score very well with THIS judge. smile

cap has given a couple sweet speeches. superman has that crazy aura where when he says something it can be utterly awesome. thor as well.

each of the above has some great word-useage in their histories, imo.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by leonidas
speeches count. any words that could score points with the 'judges'. if the speech is awesome, the character could score very well with THIS judge. smile

cap has given a couple sweet speeches. superman has that crazy aura where when he says something it can be utterly awesome. thor as well.

each of the above has some great word-useage in their histories, imo.

Ok but i'll get it tommorrow too tired now. sad

leonidas
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Ok but i'll get it tommorrow too tired now. sad

that's no excuse! man-up man! things get tough, tough get posting! mad

heh

Starscream M
Originally posted by Galan007
For some reason Galactus using the word "annoying" just doesn't fit. agreed, it makes him seem petty

Lord Feron
There was one line from Cap was pretty funny. This dude is like "give up you have no chance!" Cap smashes his guts in and Sya "you think this A stand for f*cking FRANCE!" BOOM!! I was very amused at that comment in the heat of battle hahaha

Avlon
Ah... Bats for the win...

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/8794/scan00311qh.th.jpg

Nihilist
thanos after adam warlock threaten to kill him/stop him if he caused any harm to the regillion people "threat noted and filed"

leonidas
a couple classics, imo:

http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=avengers17710sk4.jpg

http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=avengers165180001ut3.jpg

i can't really overstate the impact those 2 arcs had on me in terms of my love of comics. the original korvac arc and the original nefaria arc. those old avengers issues are STILL among the best i've ever read. i've pretty much loved thor ever since . . .

fangirl101
THE JOKER IS FUNNY TO READ.
I LIKE HOW DOOM IS SO ARROGANT.
ANY CHARACTER THAT TALKS CRAP TO IRON MAN. HE'S CRAZY THESE DAYS.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.